Why do kids have to go to school on g...

Why do kids have to go to school on good friday, not Martin Luther Kings Jr Day?

Posted in the Maysville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Why

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 27, 2010
I dont understand why state tournoment and Martin Luther King Jr day is so important and not good friday. Why? I think we could have made up some snow days then as well. I really dont understand why kids get out of school for basketball and Martin Luther King Jr day but not good friday. Well I will tell you this my kids will be home on GOOD FRIDAY!
CURIOUS

Middleboro, MA

#2 Feb 27, 2010
Why wrote:
I dont understand why state tournoment and Martin Luther King Jr day is so important and not good friday. Why? I think we could have made up some snow days then as well. I really dont understand why kids get out of school for basketball and Martin Luther King Jr day but not good friday. Well I will tell you this my kids will be home on GOOD FRIDAY!
I AGREE WITH YOU HOWEVER IT IS DUE TO SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.
Hello

Lexington, KY

#4 Mar 3, 2010
I think it is a bunch of B.S.. I think the school board should let them make up the days as they fall. If you miss monday for snow and next monday is Martin Luther King Jr day then they should make it up that day, or if it is spring break make it up that day, dont pick and choose!!! As fare as basketbal goes shcool should be in.
Shalom

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Mar 4, 2010
Why wrote:
I dont understand why state tournoment and Martin Luther King Jr day is so important and not good friday. Why? I think we could have made up some snow days then as well. I really dont understand why kids get out of school for basketball and Martin Luther King Jr day but not good friday. Well I will tell you this my kids will be home on GOOD FRIDAY!
My kids were home for Passover, so I agree with you,do what YOU think is right.
bmj

United States

#7 Mar 5, 2010
i agree with duh,i never understood why the school would close the school for martin luther king day and answer me this how can there be an all black college and not an all white one....you guesses it all hell would break out blacks v. whites im only prejudice to an extint but just because blacks used to be slaves that was the past let it be i know of no slave today yup they were set free but that doesnt mean free to do as they wish
Another Parent

United States

#8 Mar 5, 2010
There are state guidelines on how the school calendar can be changed. So many snow days are missed before they have to be made up. It's not just up to the school. Mason Co. School system must abide by the state guidelines. Each year they need parent participation on different committees at all of the schools. Start volunteering, attend PTSO meetings, get involved and you can learn more about all the rules.
watch out

Maysville, KY

#9 Mar 5, 2010
duh wrote:
Well, duh...don't you know all the black people would raise all kinds of hell if their kids had to go to school on Martin Luther's birthday?? It's a race thing. You people should know that!!
duh, hit the nail on the head. could not be more right in his statement
Parent

United States

#10 Mar 8, 2010
Another Parent wrote:
There are state guidelines on how the school calendar can be changed. So many snow days are missed before they have to be made up. It's not just up to the school. Mason Co. School system must abide by the state guidelines. Each year they need parent participation on different committees at all of the schools. Start volunteering, attend PTSO meetings, get involved and you can learn more about all the rules.
No I called the school and was told that the school has to be made up after the first snow day. Also, the notes that said the kids had to go to school on president's day came out on Tuesday after MLK.
I don't have a problem with any holiday, but I believe that right is right and all holidays should be the same.
Seriously

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 22, 2010
bmj wrote:
i agree with duh,i never understood why the school would close the school for martin luther king day and answer me this how can there be an all black college and not an all white one....you guesses it all hell would break out blacks v. whites im only prejudice to an extint but just because blacks used to be slaves that was the past let it be i know of no slave today yup they were set free but that doesnt mean free to do as they wish
You bring up a great point why is our country so one sided on these matters? Why do we have a black hisyory month, maybe we should also have a Irish American history month or Chinese American history month? Why cant a white yellow pink person or f^cking red neck from the sticks apply to go to school at "A all black school"? Why do we as a hole county, state, and nation let this happen? I tell you why because we wont let the past go we keep letting it come back and run our lives. Learn from the past so you dont repeat it, and dont keep reliving it.

Go to school on Good Friday, and Martin Luther King day.
Bam

United States

#12 Mar 23, 2010
Because stupid!!! Nobody respects the holidays of butt raping/boy raping Catholics!!! Do you really need a rest from turd-tapping alter boys?
Bam

United States

#13 Mar 23, 2010
Oh! and by the way, MLK was a real and descent man. Not a Jewish comic book character!!!'nuff said!!!
Whiteboy

United States

#14 Mar 23, 2010
duh wrote:
Well, duh...don't you know all the black people would raise all kinds of hell if their kids had to go to school on Martin Luther's birthday?? It's a race thing. You people should know that!!
well wouldn't u like to show respect for someone who stood up allowing u to ride on the front of the bus, go to good schools or drink out of the same water fountains as whites? I mean come one. Our forefathers really treated black Americans badly and dr king stood up for their civil rights. Not only did he stand up he did it peacefully. I think that alone is worthy of being honored. I know if my civil rights were being violated I couldn't promise my solution would be so peaceful. Bottom line is days should have been made up on spring break but dr kings bday should be honored.
Bam

United States

#15 Mar 24, 2010
I am so ashamed to be from Kentucky....and this area in particular......and before you tell me to leave....let me tell you I would rather stay and enlighten you all!!! Republican voting racist bible thumping retards who cling to their bibles and guns are so embarrassing. How can you get on here and demand that your religious holiday be respected and honored even as you show your racist disdain of someone elses holiday. MLK lived and died for his cause.....the Jewish comic book character was only reported to do so in the world oldest political writing in which the Jewish people compiled a book about why they deserved to own land that was not theirs.....cuz God said so lol. Religion is dying out and becoming seen for the mythical strife birthing bull that it is. Get an IQ and grow up.....its the 21st century and no paper messiah is going to guide you thru life......or forgive you when you cannot guide yourself.....your on your own.....Now man up and stop blaming all your hate, murder, and greed on the devil ffs!!!
idk

United States

#16 Mar 24, 2010
I thought that everytime MLK left a town it burnned. By the hand of "his people". So no he wasn't as peaceful as you say. And He couldn't have had his little dream if it weren't for the white men before him. You know like Lincoln, but you still think MLK day is the most important holiday. If it weren't for Lincoln MLK would have been shot the first time he moved those big lips.

And for those who would like to know. There is now a scholorship for whites only in Boston. Guess who was the first to say how rediculous it is..... yes the guy who was there on a scholorship from NAACP. How funny is that? Another who says this is not a good thing is the leader of the black caucus.

I think that no holiday is more important than another and we should make up our days after the first day missed. I don't think they should pick and choose. When we miss a day then it should be made up the next holiday. I also agree that spring break would have been a good choice. School is more importan than sports.
idk

United States

#17 Mar 24, 2010
I know that post looks like a racist red neck. I guess I am kinda. I just don't like the difference that is made and white people can't even pull a race card because we are told that it doesn't happen. So can you please tell me where we go to get help? I think that this country is racist against white people.(Don't try that tables turned crap because I could tell you that YOU were not a slave and most of you have always been allowed to go to whatever school you want. Also, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Also, I believe we were slaves first.)

I heard Charles Barkley say that if he had 2 qualified men, one white, one black, he will hire the black man everytime. How is that right? If Donald Trump said that, people would call for him to be removed from TV. I also think that back people don't want you to notice their skin color but they will be the first to let you know they are black. And for the record....Obama is the first interracial president not black.
Bam

United States

#18 Mar 24, 2010
idk....you picked a good post name......you sure don't know.....you don't even have a clue. How dare a race learn to look out for its own after hundreds of years of being treated as less than the worth of a descent dog. You arrogant, self entitled, sorry little creature. Maybe African Americans should just be happy knowing so many whites are forever enslaved by stupidity and a woeful inability to reason beyond themselves. How dare a race riot when pigs turn water cannons and dogs on their kids for walking, riding, or sitting where some inept and insecure piece of waste like you says they ought not. If it were my parent or grandparents enslaved, bartered about, and sold like bags of cornmeal, or kicked beaten or killed like animals......gee......I don't think a few college grant dollars would end my outrage either....nor would I feel like the offspring of murderers of my own deserved any of the same grant monies either.....should not the master race master a way to pay for their own education?
idk

United States

#19 Mar 24, 2010
I don't think anyone is the "master race" but thank you for saying so. I just don't like little crybabies like you who have never been a slave and neither have your parents. Your are the dumbass here aren't you. I say we are all Americans and should act as such. Don't expect anything special because of the color of your skin. Earn it you lazy ass just like everyone else does.
And the choice of my name is because IDK why you are such a crybaby. All of your bullshit is stupid. It would be like me saying that since my uncle was raped by a few black men that I hate them all. Just stupid. Didn't say I am totally racist, only against dumb asses who don't want to move on. Move on.... aren't you allowed to do all of the things I am and more? Get over it. Equal means equal for ALL not just you.
Sorry the white race used your people as slaves but stop crying about it now. Its over and I owe you nothing because I wasn't there.
Bam

United States

#20 Mar 24, 2010
Your uncle was raped by your father dummy.....until you were born at least lmao!!! Oh!!! I am white fool....You are the one who cried that AA's get grant money.....I think you are onto something......instead of college grants lets give them a real national apology and write it into the constitution to remain for history and the 40 acres and a mule that Lincoln promised them in writing at Appomattox Courthouse. Honesty is all they want and what they were promised in writing as reparations......Why should they trust anybody but their own. Just like you.....you say shit and then back pedal and lie. Your only a li'l bit racist huh? I'm the dumb one.....yup....I see!
just stop

Hillsboro, KY

#21 Mar 24, 2010
This world is in bad enough shape already..and everyone fighting about racial issues is ridiculous. We are all equal...we are all ONE nation under GOD...everyone has the same rights, the same freedom, the same justice..the same EVERYTHING. No one is any better than anyone else. Yes, slavery should have never happened...and it was completely wrong, but that is no longer an issue in the Country that we live in so idk why people continue to hold grudges or expect something in return because of something that happened ages ago. The school days should be made up as they fall...once you miss a day, the next holiday should be made up, whether its MLK day or Good Friday. And spring break would have been a great time...Mason county always puts sports before academics..and they wonder why kids are the way they are these days...and to BAM-Religion may be dying out, but there are still strong willed Christians in this country, and it is part of our responsibility that it continues to stay alive and live among us. Im sorry if you don't believe in God, but I do, and HE does exist. I hope one day you can also come to know that.
idk

United States

#22 Mar 24, 2010
You are really stupid. You know that don't you? And your first statement shows how stupid you are. And no I didn't cry about grant money, I said the first person to cry about it was there on a grant because of his skin color. I have not cried or lied about anything. I am a totally honest person. I think people like you try to keep it all going. Tell them you are sorry for what your people did to them and buy them that land. Dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mason co jail has to pay for 750,000 to the Ful... 45 min No way 20
chaturbate 1 hr hottotty15 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr think 165,622
Tight hole 1 hr countryboy 5
melissa martin 8 hr missy 1
Matt Wallingford 8 hr missy 8
Countryboy 8 hr countryboy 7

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages