frisch's in maysville
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
insider

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2013
This is for anyone who ever woundered what goes on behind the scenes. I know personally that the servers there bust there ass for pennies and get no reapect from management, being told when it comes to kids meal coupons that if they dont sell a certain amount they can't go home or there hours will be cut. That place needs new management starting with mary wallingford. She treats her employees like trash, cooks constently getting belittled and servers working for only $2.13 an hour and then only getting pennies for tips, plus getting stiffed on tips and not getting there credit card tips so be careful there when you tip credit remember they habe families to support.
Never change

Maysville, KY

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Guys things never change! She has needed the boot for years!
wrong

United States

#3 Jan 24, 2013
It is sad that management requires every waitress to sell 10 dollars worth of coupons per day,if they don't they have to stay until they do or buy them themselves. That could add to 50 dollars a week for 4 weeks,,because they start selling them so early..For a single mother or any family this adds up,,,Bet the manager gets a reward for all that is sold but the waitress do not get a thing.Unfortunately corporate allows this practice. Please help out those waitress and be sure to tell the manager what you think...
Sally

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Mary is a big joke. But wage an labor laws are looking into her. I'm sure they won't like the fact that she doesn't give the employees breaks when their supposed to. Sleep tight Mary...because eventually you will be standing in the unemployment line.
Funny

Maysville, KY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Mary is a good manager! She is strict and that's her job! I worked many years for Mary and frischs and it's been the same since it opened. SellIng coupons is part of the job and it's always been that way. As far as Mary being unemployed! No she won't she has worked her ass off for over 20 years and is near a big fat retirement... Frisch rewards it's management team well! If your not happy with waiting tables and selling coupons go Somewhere else and work!! Bitching on topix ain't gonna do a thing!
Lawyer

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Jan 24, 2013
See, selling coupons may be the thing. But to threaten your employees with their hours being cut/not getting to go home. Isn't the way to go about it... And also not giving the employees there their breaks that they deserve/REQUIRE. Well, wage and labor board would be very interested in that. And I'm also almost positively they are already looking into it. Mary better just hope that he ass is covered.
Big Boy

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Frisch's is perpetrating a shameful and repulsive scam upon it's customers and servers. My wife and I ate at Frisch's tonight and our server confirmed the coupon sales scam. Our server has already purchased several dollars worth of coupons.
Frisch's stop the scam. Your customers don't want the sales pitch on the coupons at the table and your servers don't want to suffer the consequences for not making the sale.
Lawyer

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2013
I am also aware that if a server does not make the acceptable amount of tips for the hour. Mary Wallingford will input any amount that the computer will accept even if the server hasn't. Does she not realize that they have to pay taxes on that? But, what does she care? It doesn't come out of her pocket. A lot of people better cover their asses before the government steps in. Deep hot water coming soon it sounds like.
New Age Outlaws

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2013
If i am trying to eat and they push sales on coupons they would never seeca dime of money again nor a tip left either.
insider

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Jan 25, 2013
New Age Outlaws wrote:
If i am trying to eat and they push sales on coupons they would never seeca dime of money again nor a tip left either.
well its not the servers fault, there just trying to protect there job, so dont take it out on them.
Log Chain

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jan 25, 2013
insider wrote:
<quoted text> well its not the servers fault, there just trying to protect there job, so dont take it out on them.
Amen.
Job

Maysville, KY

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Servers get 2.00 an hour and around 4 tables per station. If a server can not make 5.00 off 4 tables in an hour then it's possible their hours are cut per that reason. Restaurant work is very hard work and it's not for everyone. What they should do concerning breaks is use one girl to cover breaks and let her keep the tips from all tables she finishes! Maybe that would solve the problem about not getting breaks, or no that would be something else to complain about! Life not fair and no job is perfect so deal with it or move on to somewhere else! I'm sure you can go to a fast food place and make 7 an hour and not deal with all the crap.
MIN WAGE

Maysville, KY

#14 Jan 25, 2013
2.00 per hour is not min wage they need to call the labor board..Min wage went up for waitress this year.
Lawyer

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Wage & Labor board has been contacted. I sure hope everyone there has their butts covered.
John Doe

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2013
You guys are so funny to me!!^^ this is a multi million dollar corporation do you think they are gonna risk themselves for a few cents or a dollar?? Doubt it!! Good luck with that hahahahahahahahaha
insider

Morehead, KY

#17 Jan 26, 2013
John Doe wrote:
You guys are so funny to me!!^^ this is a multi million dollar corporation do you think they are gonna risk themselves for a few cents or a dollar?? Doubt it!! Good luck with that hahahahahahahahaha
yes they risk themselves everyday trust me
John Doe

United States

#19 Jan 26, 2013
They seem nice as your servers try working with those bitchs!! It's hell!!
Assistants

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jan 28, 2013
Is there assistant managers that would help work between Mary and the servers?
fellow customer

Ft Mitchell, KY

#21 Jan 28, 2013
New Age Outlaws wrote:
Not eating at that establishment would be a great start but not tipping only hurts the people who are already being abused by management.
fellow customer

Ft Mitchell, KY

#22 Jan 28, 2013
John Doe wrote:
I disagree with you. I worked for a similar place many years ago and they would have employees scheduled in at 4pm to work will close, only if they were not busy they would have us wait to clock in when business picked up. We also did not get breaks as required by law. Wage and Labor was called and they did come in and pull time cards. Everyone scheduled in at 4 that did not clock in till later was credited with that time. Needless to say, this "multi million dollar corporation" learned a valuable lesson when we were all given nice fat checks for time that had to made up to us..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Hillary Rotten Cl... 167,514
Any Stuart plant women easy? 1 hr John 11
James "Jimmy" Burdette 2 hr god 2
Attn: bijohn55 3 hr bijohn55 78
Green Tokai Mike Clark & Diana Purcell affair 4 hr farmer 44
Fazolies 7 hr Peebles Resident 7
Schiltz Bellew n bellew (Nov '16) 17 hr Tree thug 41

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages