Maysville church of Nazarene

Posted in the Maysville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2009
Heard lots of rumor going around about this church. Lots of people left anyone know what's going on.
Help

United States

#2 Jun 11, 2009
I guess no one knows or wants to talk about it. I heard it involved some teens and an adult
truth

Lexington, KY

#3 Jun 11, 2009
It figures. Church goers!
Knows

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2009
This is a very nice church, I don't know if any of this is true, but the pastor and his family are the sweetest people ever.
noway

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2009
Not true people are leaving because duh, they are unhappy, people leave churches all the time. No biggie. Noway is anything going on like that there.
A Maysville A

Maysville, KY

#7 Jun 27, 2009
curious wrote:
Heard lots of rumor going around about this church. Lots of people left anyone know what's going on.
sounds like you thrive on gossip and you like to start something. Maybe you need to go to church. This site does nothing but feed those consumed by the devil that probably don't know that this is God's church, and if people are going there for other reasons then they need to leave.

I hate what the internet has become. It's a place where things get started, and people who have nothing else better to do than talk bad about people.

I happen to attend MCN and I love the church as a whole. The pastor and his wife would do anything for anybody and then look what happens! The obvious, jealousy!
A Maysville A

Maysville, KY

#8 Jun 27, 2009
Help wrote:
I guess no one knows or wants to talk about it. I heard it involved some teens and an adult
You hear a lot of things. Do you believe everything you hear, or are you stupid.
A Maysville A

Maysville, KY

#9 Jun 27, 2009
curious wrote:

Do you like to rumor, you must be consumed by the devil himself. This kind of talk makes me sick.
What7

Maysville, KY

#10 Jul 21, 2009
Help wrote:
Please explain.
Mason County

Maysville, KY

#11 Jul 21, 2009
Sometimes the truth needs to be told. There are some really good people at this church but some HYPOCRITES that attend.

Sometimes people leave because they don't believe in the direction of a church or feel that they are being called to other places.

From my experience, when people hear stuff it comes from the people that call themselves CHRISTIANS. SHAMELY!

I'm a Christian and the reason I left was people have to be held accountability for their actions. Regardless of the issues and Christians should lead by example and follow the GOLDEN RULE!

pantera

United States

#12 Jul 22, 2009
i dont believe in organized religions,i believe in god but i dont need a building to sit in and gossip about people,the bible says you shouldnt belong to no organization anyway.
BRANDON FIELDS

Owingsville, KY

#13 Jul 22, 2009
hey pantera is one of my favorite bands man!!! check out my band www.myspace.com/fistofbarbwire just got the song up yesterday.
I KNOW

United States

#14 Jul 23, 2009
brandon fields your band sucks !!!!and i dont think this is the post for you to post about your band you dumb ass !!!! they are talking about chruch!!!!!
Annoyed

Maysville, KY

#15 Jul 27, 2009
People are walking out of services weekly because this church ain't what it used to be. Ask any of the members that have been there for 30 - 40 years and they will tell you.

Maybe they will get things back to normal since the Pastor Williams is leaving. Many of the congregation will be pleased and maybe start attending again
Believe in Christ

Winder, GA

#16 Jul 28, 2009
Annoyed...you seriously expect a church to stay the same after 30-40 years? That notion is ridiculous. Churches need to progress and have forward thinking leadership to reach people who don't believe or are new in their walk. Pastor Williams said himself that MCN is missing the BIGGEST population...the 20-30 year olds. These are the people that need Christ the most. Instead of calling people hypocrites, EMBRACE the change. That's what people do in the 21st century!
To Believe in Christ

San Angelo, TX

#17 Jul 28, 2009
I agree with part of your comment; however, MCN is missing a big part about Christianity. People needs to be held accountable, they need to embrace other of different social classes (not just the doctors, teachers, lawyers or CEO's), EVERYONE needs to feel at home, they need to let others voice their opinions and let the elders help and listen to their wisdom.

For example: when you know someone is doing something WRONG inside the church but they continue to be actively involved with the church/volunteer as nothing happen. WHAT EXAMPLES ARE WE SETTING FOR OUR YOUTH. People should be confronted and the youth should be told how to dress for church. WE AS CHRISTIANS HAVE TO ADDRESS ISSUES AND SET EXAMPLES!
lol

Lexington, KY

#18 Jul 28, 2009
To Believe in Christ wrote:
I agree with part of your comment; however, MCN is missing a big part about Christianity. People needs to be held accountable, they need to embrace other of different social classes (not just the doctors, teachers, lawyers or CEO's), EVERYONE needs to feel at home, they need to let others voice their opinions and let the elders help and listen to their wisdom.
For example: when you know someone is doing something WRONG inside the church but they continue to be actively involved with the church/volunteer as nothing happen. WHAT EXAMPLES ARE WE SETTING FOR OUR YOUTH. People should be confronted and the youth should be told how to dress for church. WE AS CHRISTIANS HAVE TO ADDRESS ISSUES AND SET EXAMPLES!
Churches don't care what you do...they are just there to gossip and make money. People have affairs and everything in church and they are never reprimanded.
Annoyed

Maysville, KY

#19 Jul 29, 2009
Believe in Christ wrote:
Annoyed...you seriously expect a church to stay the same after 30-40 years? That notion is ridiculous. Churches need to progress and have forward thinking leadership to reach people who don't believe or are new in their walk. Pastor Williams said himself that MCN is missing the BIGGEST population...the 20-30 year olds. These are the people that need Christ the most. Instead of calling people hypocrites, EMBRACE the change. That's what people do in the 21st century!
I do not expect the church to stay the same for that many years but at least have some of the familiarity which this church does not. It would be nice if the church would try to keep their congregation together as one instead of isolating the older members. But when all you do is have skits each week you tend to lose interest. This church used to have a tremendous childrens program and had something for everyone. Now they barely have anything for anyone. A change is definately called for this church.
Never called anyone a hypocrite but if the shoe fits ......
concerned neighbor

Cleveland, GA

#20 Jul 29, 2009
What the church needs is to get back to teaching the Bible and leave the worldliness out of the church. The Bible says to come out from amoung the world, not let it run the most scared place we have. You don't have to shun the sinner, just the sin. Christ died for the sinner. We all have sinned, but by the blood of Christ can we be made whole. Why would sinners want to come to a church and see thing going on in the Lord's house that they see everyday in their lives. Christ came to save the lost from their sins, not in their sins. Once you become a Christian you QUIT sinning. You no longer want to live the life that you did before. You have a new life. Everyone should read Romans the 6 chapter. You can live above sin through the power of Jesus Christ and Him only.
sinner

United States

#21 Jul 30, 2009
Nobody is perfect and even though you are a CHRISTIAN does not mean that you are not going to sin. If you actually believe that then you are ignorant. Christians are sinners to. They just try not to sin, recognize when they actually do, and know how to receive forgiveness after they make a mistake. The only perfect being to ever walk this earth without sin died upon the cross so that we can be forgiven for our humanly ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikki Gries 14 min you know me 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min umoron 153,778
'Adios amigos (Oct '15) 2 hr Mexicans are equal 3
Kayla and Sarah 2 hr Dave Fannie 2
Welfare Mothers 3 hr Wilbur 32
Tiffany,Prince (Mar '16) 9 hr Kimberly 18
Kimberly Martin 11 hr I know her well M... 13

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages