Next Last
Anonymous

Maysville, KY

#21 Dec 3, 2012
i say leave him alone
Jeez

Ewing, KY

#22 Dec 3, 2012
If this guy named Brian thought he needed to OD then let him. Why did an ambulance have to show up and try to be Hero and save him? Cost us tax payers money because he will do the same stuff again. Idiots
hey all

Morehead, KY

#23 Dec 4, 2012
okay im sorry if i offend anyone or make anyone mad but PLEASE stop saying that everything around the city is using YOUR tax dollars...we all know where the taxes are going to and its not just people that are "druggies". there are actual people that are on welfare and not by choice who just so happen to use certain things around the city. are you gonna gripe and moan and complain that the "welfare" people and the "druggies" are using your post offices, banks, the new roads and bridge they just built or any other thing the city wants done? it doesnt matter who uses what, you are gonna get taxes taken outta your check whether you like it or not. yeah you work for your money and work damn hard for it but there is no reason to belittle people that are using it and dont have a job or any actual means to take care of their families without welfare. i see this on topix alot. its ridiculous...there was a person on here saying if someone was really bad off and knocked at their door, they would help them out instead of giving them food stamps and a check each month...i call b/s on that. if a random stranger came knocking on your door asking for that kind of help, you would immediately kick them to the curb or call the cops or worse...just like when you people that others are acting like they are born with a silver spoon in their mouths and don't have to work for anything while you have to work your ass off just to scrape by, well most of the welfare people do have to do volunteer work to get that check each month...and some of the stuff they have to do would be considered hard manual labor and its paying less than what you get every week/biweek. so before you start griping about your tax dollars being spent on people of the community using an AMBULANCE, why don't you actually look at why the hell you are griping in the first place and what grounds do you have? i dont condone drug addicts but they are people too. and if there is a service provided that could save their lives instead of letting them die, than i say use that service. a community is supposed to be there for each other.
see his point

Maysville, KY

#24 Dec 4, 2012
hey all wrote:
okay im sorry if i offend anyone or make anyone mad but PLEASE stop saying that everything around the city is using YOUR tax dollars...we all know where the taxes are going to and its not just people that are "druggies". there are actual people that are on welfare and not by choice who just so happen to use certain things around the city. are you gonna gripe and moan and complain that the "welfare" people and the "druggies" are using your post offices, banks, the new roads and bridge they just built or any other thing the city wants done? it doesnt matter who uses what, you are gonna get taxes taken outta your check whether you like it or not. yeah you work for your money and work damn hard for it but there is no reason to belittle people that are using it and dont have a job or any actual means to take care of their families without welfare. i see this on topix alot. its ridiculous...there was a person on here saying if someone was really bad off and knocked at their door, they would help them out instead of giving them food stamps and a check each month...i call b/s on that. if a random stranger came knocking on your door asking for that kind of help, you would immediately kick them to the curb or call the cops or worse...just like when you people that others are acting like they are born with a silver spoon in their mouths and don't have to work for anything while you have to work your ass off just to scrape by, well most of the welfare people do have to do volunteer work to get that check each month...and some of the stuff they have to do would be considered hard manual labor and its paying less than what you get every week/biweek. so before you start griping about your tax dollars being spent on people of the community using an AMBULANCE, why don't you actually look at why the hell you are griping in the first place and what grounds do you have? i dont condone drug addicts but they are people too. and if there is a service provided that could save their lives instead of letting them die, than i say use that service. a community is supposed to be there for each other.
Guarantee this fool that wrote this post voted for Obama and gets un needed gov aid on a regular basis!!!
Mayslick Maniac

Olive Hill, KY

#25 Dec 4, 2012
loser wrote:
who over dosed in maysville this morning and used out tax money to save them?
Do you believe in using tax money to save people who have accidents while they are under the influence of alcohol? How about people who are sick because they smoked cigarettes for a lifetime? How do you feel about using tax money to save people who are injured driving on roads that are slick after officials ask people to stay off the highways? How do you feel about using tax money to save people who are injured in sports activities which many feel are simply foolishness?
Last but not least, who are you attempting to fool? 1. Judging by your stupidity you probably don't have a job or pay taxes. 2. If you aren't a drug user, which you seem to be; you certainly have friends and family who are addicted to drugs. Maybe you don't know that yet but it's coming to someone you love... if you have any friends or family.
By the way, I have never used drugs or been arrested. I grew up in a different time though and know but there but by the grace of God go I.
hey all

Morehead, KY

#27 Dec 5, 2012
first off i was one of the ones that needed government assistance and not because i was lazy, i had a job and didnt make enough to keep my family well taken care of at that time. i did not vote at all in the elections...so since you are so high and mighty let me ask you this, do you honestly think your opinion of those "less fortunate" than you are any less of a human being? that they dont deserve help every now and then? maybe one of these days, you will be on the side of the friggin road with your vehicle and yourself in flames and the only person around is someone on welfare and they think like you....why should someone who is less fortunate than them receive any kind of help? its not like most are proud to be on it. hell i was embarrassed to take my food stamp card out and swipe it so my family could eat at least one more night, and i see people that abuse the system all the time. its not my business, i dont need to worry about if they buy pop and candy and all that stuff because its not my life...yeah i was working to be eligible for food stamps and i was paying taxes outta my check FOR my food stamps and yeah it did make me a little upset because i had to work my butt off and still was barely able to scrape a living outta that and to see someone else just pulling out a food stamp card for themselves and ten other people to get pop and chips and candy or selling them for alcohol or drugs while their kids go hungry depending on someone else to feed them, but its none of my business. as long as i know there are decent people that are trying to get on their feet but need a little help to get there, i know that tax dollars are going toward a good thing.
granny

Wallingford, KY

#28 Dec 5, 2012
hey all wrote:
first off i was one of the ones that needed government assistance and not because i was lazy, i had a job and didnt make enough to keep my family well taken care of at that time. i did not vote at all in the elections...so since you are so high and mighty let me ask you this, do you honestly think your opinion of those "less fortunate" than you are any less of a human being? that they dont deserve help every now and then? maybe one of these days, you will be on the side of the friggin road with your vehicle and yourself in flames and the only person around is someone on welfare and they think like you....why should someone who is less fortunate than them receive any kind of help? its not like most are proud to be on it. hell i was embarrassed to take my food stamp card out and swipe it so my family could eat at least one more night, and i see people that abuse the system all the time. its not my business, i dont need to worry about if they buy pop and candy and all that stuff because its not my life...yeah i was working to be eligible for food stamps and i was paying taxes outta my check FOR my food stamps and yeah it did make me a little upset because i had to work my butt off and still was barely able to scrape a living outta that and to see someone else just pulling out a food stamp card for themselves and ten other people to get pop and chips and candy or selling them for alcohol or drugs while their kids go hungry depending on someone else to feed them, but its none of my business. as long as i know there are decent people that are trying to get on their feet but need a little help to get there, i know that tax dollars are going toward a good thing.
Be honest with yourself...Explain how long you been drawing food stamps and welfare checks for you and your kids? how long have you been getting vouchers for rent and electric? It's not the issue of people needing a little help once in a while, but it is a problem when someone repeatedly uses the system. When a young person in their 20's that is healthy and able to work, has no business living on welfare until they are 65 or dead. I am an old lady, but let me tell you something, I raised 2 kids as a single mother, I never recieved ANY TYPE of ASSISTANCE in my entire life, I worked a full time job (as a welder) and had at times 1 or 2 part time jobs on the side. I paid for my education and recieved a Business Degree. I paid for the medical insurance for me and my children. I bought and sold 2 houses,I paid the bills, put clothes on my children and food on the table. My parents were not living, I had no siblings to help out, the father never even had those children over to spend a night in his home the entire time they were growing up. I have been blessed with 2 grown children that presently are just as responsible for themselves and their children as I was with them. If a person wants to have things in this life, they need to put their brains and body to work and stop depending on welfare for the next 20 years.
hey all

Morehead, KY

#29 Dec 6, 2012
but here is the thing, you are A LOT older than i am so you have had plenty of time to do all that. i have been working since i was sixteen, had my first child when i was twenty. i could not draw food stamps or anything since i was apparently too young to get food stamps while living with my mom and dad. i kept a job when i moved out, but was unable to make it on just that alone. my then boyfriend(which now is my husband) had gotten laid off from his job so things were a little tough. i swallowed my pride and asked to be put on food stamps...not alot but enough to get us by for awhile. while my significant other was looking for work, i would babysit on my off days to get more mooney coming in plus looking for other part time jobs to suffice. i have been drawing food stamps for about a couple of years and the only reason i have been doing so is to make sure my family is fed while the money we do make goes to ensure they have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, and heat during the winter months. if that makes me worthless or any less of a human being IN YOUR EYES that may you rot in hell with the rest of the small minded people. i respect you for doing all you could do in your years to make life great for your family...woman to woman that takes some guts and courage. but do not belittle me for still having to use food stamps to ensure my young children go to bed with a full belly. i feel as long as my husband and i are bringing money in this house at least to keep the house and keep electricity on and our children clothed and warm, there is no reason in the world to ask for food stamps if we need it.
hey all

Morehead, KY

#30 Dec 6, 2012
sorry i meant there is no reason NOT to ask for food stamps if we need it
bossman

Cincinnati, OH

#31 Dec 6, 2012
Hey, how about you both quit crying and get better jobs. Work hard and get a better education. Quit stealing my tax dollars.
United States

#32 Dec 6, 2012
bossman wrote:
Hey, how about you both quit crying and get better jobs. Work hard and get a better education. Quit stealing my tax dollars.
and whats ur job big boss lmao??if u had a good one u prolly wouldnt be on here bashing people for gettin goverment help..people gotta eat
granny

Wallingford, KY

#33 Dec 6, 2012
hey all wrote:
but here is the thing, you are A LOT older than i am so you have had plenty of time to do all that. i have been working since i was sixteen, had my first child when i was twenty. i could not draw food stamps or anything since i was apparently too young to get food stamps while living with my mom and dad. i kept a job when i moved out, but was unable to make it on just that alone. my then boyfriend(which now is my husband) had gotten laid off from his job so things were a little tough. i swallowed my pride and asked to be put on food stamps...not alot but enough to get us by for awhile. while my significant other was looking for work, i would babysit on my off days to get more mooney coming in plus looking for other part time jobs to suffice. i have been drawing food stamps for about a couple of years and the only reason i have been doing so is to make sure my family is fed while the money we do make goes to ensure they have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, and heat during the winter months. if that makes me worthless or any less of a human being IN YOUR EYES that may you rot in hell with the rest of the small minded people. i respect you for doing all you could do in your years to make life great for your family...woman to woman that takes some guts and courage. but do not belittle me for still having to use food stamps to ensure my young children go to bed with a full belly. i feel as long as my husband and i are bringing money in this house at least to keep the house and keep electricity on and our children clothed and warm, there is no reason in the world to ask for food stamps if we need it.
it is one thing to get food stamps for emergency situations, but many use the opportunity for years. There is nothing wrong with parents getting second jobs to boost the income, even if it was for a short period of time to get ahead. Not bashing you, just pointing out that many people depend on government assistance as a means of living for years, when a person draws welfare over 5 years, there is something not adding up as to being responsible. There is many couples in their 30's and 40's that have no children, both working be it for cash or on a payroll that get food stamps for years. These are the people that needs to be cut off the system. If kids are not in the home, if they are able working adults there should be no reason to get food stamps. Elderly, handicap and children, then those laid off from jobs until finding work with limited time to do so. The food stamp program was in place for emergency situations, it has to have restrictions in place and enforced. Keep moving forward with your family and may the future be rewarding with dedication and hard work,wishing you the best.
Marty Wilson

Plummers Landing, KY

#34 Dec 6, 2012
I love my food stamps thats why I voted for Obama.You fools get back to work because my Kids are hungary.
well

Wallingford, KY

#35 Dec 6, 2012
Marty Wilson wrote:
I love my food stamps thats why I voted for Obama.You fools get back to work because my Kids are hungary.
Keep loving Obama, he is about to make a deal with Congress to cut waste in entitlement programs. Think of it like this, for every 1 dollar raised on the wealthy there will be 2 dollars cut from entitlement programs. Get ready it is coming your way.
fyi

United States

#36 Dec 14, 2012
U cant be on welfare more than five yrs can be on food stamps forever tho
Nathen Bellew

Grayson, KY

#37 Dec 14, 2012
fyi wrote:
U cant be on welfare more than five yrs can be on food stamps forever tho
Not true,I have been on welfare sence 2003 and food stamps sence 1999.As long as the government is giving Ill be recieving.
granny

Dawsonville, GA

#38 Dec 14, 2012
Nathen Bellew wrote:
<quoted text>Not true,I have been on welfare sence 2003 and food stamps sence 1999.As long as the government is giving Ill be recieving.
at least you are honest about it, people want to make excuses that they don't live off government, but the trueth is many have been government dependent for over 10-20 yrs., some even longer.
Bossman

Cincinnati, OH

#39 Dec 14, 2012
Here's an idea, GO OUT AND GET JOBS LOSERS! Quit stealing tax dollars. They should dope test all you heathens. Then half of you'ld starve. Losers.
Nathen Bellew

Grayson, KY

#40 Dec 14, 2012
Bossman wrote:
Here's an idea, GO OUT AND GET JOBS LOSERS! Quit stealing tax dollars. They should dope test all you heathens. Then half of you'ld starve. Losers.
Hey retard it's not very hard to pass a drug test so it makes no defference if they test or not.Know get back to work because my kids need to eat and Im in need of a buzz.
lmao

United States

#41 Dec 14, 2012
Nathen Bellew wrote:
<quoted text>Hey retard it's not very hard to pass a drug test so it makes no defference if they test or not.Know get back to work because my kids need to eat and Im in need of a buzz.
what u said

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min CCR 165,509
Horse Dealers 24 min Hillview 4
stephanie burns 1 hr lusty 1
rural king 2 hr Pickle 11
Mason co jail has to pay for 750,000 to the Ful... 3 hr Knows 12
Poll Should seniority matter in the work place??? (Jun '12) 4 hr jeany 49
The lowes !! (Mar '11) 5 hr notHR 7

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance