Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152025 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88303 Oct 10, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You indicate that Satan's name was Lucifer. That is not exactly correct and you said ones lose their soul in the deal... that is not exactly correct either. If you will email me I can give you some correct information on both.
[email protected]
You religies crack me up, "That is not exactly correct", there's one of the many problems with christianity, you dipshits can't even tell each other when they are wrong. There is no satan or lucifer or beast it was a cow that was called a serpent. Rotflmao, a cow wants your soul, "eat more chickin".

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88304 Oct 10, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude!... You missed all the good Shyte.....
Lol, I bet I did.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88305 Oct 10, 2012
Known fact wrote:
Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey.¬óCol. 2:8.
Today, there is a rising tide of atheistic and evolutionist propaganda dependent on flawed and baseless reasoning. We should not let this flood of faulty thinking confuse or intimidate us.
"propaganda"

Lol, like "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88306 Oct 10, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL, I have to say that I'm in agreement with your statement.
Christians all sing the same song.
"Resistance is futile, convert to any christians cult or face the Lake of Fire."
Here's a classic,

"The Reformers" 1952 Three space men dressed in scifi versions of bishop garb land on planet to reform it of evil. There are greeted by a man named Peter and told they are not needed for there is no crime, no immorality, or any of the evils seen in other societies. They decide to create these evils themselves so that they can blame these evils on literature, clothing, and alcohol as they have done on previous worlds (including Earth). They contact their home base and we learn that their leader is the Devil and the planet they are on is Heaven.

Lmao, christianity in a movie.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88307 Oct 10, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
How much you asking for your 2000 Dodge Grand Caravab SE 3.3 liter V6 ? How many miles on it?
Don't haggle, it will refuse to answer.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88308 Oct 10, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all hearsay with absolutely nothing to prove any of it. To the contrary the Bible is the inspired word of God and some of the things he says are opposed to what the Bible writers said. Example: Ecclesiastes 9:5 10 Psalms 146:3,4 Genesis 3:19.
Translation;

That is not in line with my beliefs, therefore it is wrong.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88309 Oct 10, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a classic,
"The Reformers" 1952 Three space men dressed in scifi versions of bishop garb land on planet to reform it of evil. There are greeted by a man named Peter and told they are not needed for there is no crime, no immorality, or any of the evils seen in other societies. They decide to create these evils themselves so that they can blame these evils on literature, clothing, and alcohol as they have done on previous worlds (including Earth). They contact their home base and we learn that their leader is the Devil and the planet they are on is Heaven.
Lmao, christianity in a movie.
Or Childhood's End, where Devils babysit humanity while we evolve high enough to join the cosmic consciousness. If I was Lucifer I'd take a look at Earth and tell God he got the wrong address.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88310 Oct 10, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a classic,
"The Reformers" 1952 Three space men dressed in scifi versions of bishop garb land on planet to reform it of evil. There are greeted by a man named Peter and told they are not needed for there is no crime, no immorality, or any of the evils seen in other societies. They decide to create these evils themselves so that they can blame these evils on literature, clothing, and alcohol as they have done on previous worlds (including Earth). They contact their home base and we learn that their leader is the Devil and the planet they are on is Heaven.
Lmao, christianity in a movie.
I like to see that movie.

Here another one.

In Behold the Man (1966) by Michael Moorcock, the twentieth-century Karl Glogauer, a Jew obsessed with the figure of Jesus (and with Carl Jung) travels in time to the year 28 A.D.

He meets various New Testament figures such as John the Baptist and the Virgin Mary, and discovers that Mary and Joseph's child, Jesus, is a mentally retarded hunchback, who could never become the Jesus portrayed in Scripture.

Glogauer begins to have a mental breakdown and steps into the role of Jesus, eventually dying on the cross (having specifically asked Judas to betray him).

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#88311 Oct 10, 2012
Nice to see this is still going. And that everyone is getting along!!!

I have a question for the Christians. Why didn't God reveal himself to a literate civilization? The people he revealed himself to were bronze age men who didn't know where the sun went at night. People in China had been literate for many years, why not go there?

Anyway, no need to answer me. I ask just so the Christians will think...well, OK...

The Bible, in any form, is fiction.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#88312 Oct 10, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
Nice to see this is still going. And that everyone is getting along!!!
I have a question for the Christians. Why didn't God reveal himself to a literate civilization? The people he revealed himself to were bronze age men who didn't know where the sun went at night. People in China had been literate for many years, why not go there?
Anyway, no need to answer me. I ask just so the Christians will think...well, OK...
The Bible, in any form, is fiction.
....are you aware of Hiccum's Dictum?
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88313 Oct 10, 2012
New Girl in Town_Ethereal wrote:
<quoted text>
....are you aware of Hiccum's Dictum?
Hickam's dictum is a counterargument to the use of Occam's razor in the medical profession.[1] The principle is commonly stated: "Patients can have as many diseases as they damn well please". The principle is attributed to John Hickam, MD. Hickam was a faculty member at Duke University in the 1950s, and was later chairman of medicine at Indiana University.[2]
When discussing Occam's razor in contemporary medicine, doctors and philosophers of medicine speak of diagnostic parsimony. Diagnostic parsimony advocates that when diagnosing a given injury, ailment, illness, or disease a doctor should strive to look for the fewest possible causes that will account for all the symptoms. However, this principle has very important limits in medical practice. The actual process that occurs when diagnosing a patient is a continuous flow of hypothesis and testing of that hypothesis, then modifying the hypothesis, and so on. In the context of this method, the principle of Hickam's dictum asserts that at no stage should a particular diagnosis be excluded solely because it doesn't appear to fit the principle of Occam's razor. The principle of Occam's razor, or parsimony, does not demand that the diagnostician necessarily opt for the simplest explanation, but instead guides the medical practitioner to seek explanations, without unnecessary additional assumptions, which are capable of accounting for all relevant evidence.
What does this have to do with anything on this post?
So true

New Haven, KY

#88314 Oct 11, 2012
LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart..
To handle yourself, use your head..
To handle others, use your heart...
God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88315 Oct 11, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I Know! It's asinine to thing because a book mentions some places and people that did exist it means the tales of myth, magic and invisible beings actually existed as told of....
Better Book than movie....
They've got three movies about it now...
I like the original, and Tom Cruiz's , but this new one?
Not so much!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88316 Oct 11, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
So, lets get this straight:
Jesus "frees" you so you can then live a life of servitude, worship, and slavery to him for all eternity?
Tell me again, how you are freed?
It's WAY better than what you're slave to!
We ALL serve a master...
Your's ends in death, and destruction!
Of course you CAN change that...
If you wanted!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88317 Oct 11, 2012
New Girl in Town_Ethereal wrote:
<quoted text>
....are you aware of Hiccum's Dictum?
That is not a senisble answer to his interesting question. You seem to have no reasonable explantion.

Are you Jehovah witness?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88318 Oct 11, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You indicate that Satan's name was Lucifer. That is not exactly correct and you said ones lose their soul in the deal... that is not exactly correct either. If you will email me I can give you some correct information on both.
[email protected]
Jesus said
"What would it profit a man to gain the whole world,
but lose his own soul!"
You saying Jesus is not correct on this?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#88319 Oct 11, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Hickam's dictum is a counterargument to the use of Occam's razor in the medical profession.[1] The principle is commonly stated: "Patients can have as many diseases as they damn well please". The principle is attributed to John Hickam, MD. Hickam was a faculty member at Duke University in the 1950s, and was later chairman of medicine at Indiana University.[2]
When discussing Occam's razor in contemporary medicine, doctors and philosophers of medicine speak of diagnostic parsimony. Diagnostic parsimony advocates that when diagnosing a given injury, ailment, illness, or disease a doctor should strive to look for the fewest possible causes that will account for all the symptoms. However, this principle has very important limits in medical practice. The actual process that occurs when diagnosing a patient is a continuous flow of hypothesis and testing of that hypothesis, then modifying the hypothesis, and so on. In the context of this method, the principle of Hickam's dictum asserts that at no stage should a particular diagnosis be excluded solely because it doesn't appear to fit the principle of Occam's razor. The principle of Occam's razor, or parsimony, does not demand that the diagnostician necessarily opt for the simplest explanation, but instead guides the medical practitioner to seek explanations, without unnecessary additional assumptions, which are capable of accounting for all relevant evidence.
What does this have to do with anything on this post?
...so what you're saying is a patient can have as many diseases as they damn well please?

Far out dude.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88320 Oct 11, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said
"What would it profit a man to gain the whole world,
but lose his own soul!"
You saying Jesus is not correct on this?
Why don't you ask Karl Rove and the Wal-mart heirs?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88321 Oct 11, 2012
By the book wrote:
Seems god hates us.
Genesis 6:6
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart
Gen 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the
earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his
heart [was] only evil continually.
....
Much like today!
.
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
...
If you Love Darkness more than Light...
You get what you ask for!
Hope you choose Rightly!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88322 Oct 11, 2012
I hate to break the bad news to the christians in the thousands of different theologies concerning biblical beliefs. The bible shows it condemns almost all conflicting doctrines being taught today.

Your upset with athiests, yet God has condemned most of the teachings and so which ones? You may be joining athiests and others in the symbolic lake of fire.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Prov 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pasquales 3 hr What shame 1
Does anyone know Barb Purcell (Dec '09) 4 hr oh please 60
Who all is on Heroin 8 hr swinging fun 4
Pierced kitty 19 hr Abc 4
yard sale labor day weekend Mon Season End Yard Sale 2
Bad Heroine Mon Sam 22
Staci Wagner Sun Abc 5

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages