april said she was raped

Posted in the Maysville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
here she goes again

Maysville, KY

#1 Jan 28, 2011
A man accused of rape, unlawful imprisonment, and assault of a girlfriend has been found guilty by a Mason County jury on three of five charges in the case.
Cecil Gene Linville, 33, of Maysville was found guilty Tuesday afternoon on charges of first-degree unlawful imprisonment, third-degree terroristic threatening and fourth-degree assault. Linville was found not guilty of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy in the case which occurred on or about Dec. 20, 2009 at a mobile home in Sardis, where the couple was living with another family.
The victim made allegations Linville had raped, assaulted, sodomized, threatened to kill her and kept her against her will, which led to the indictment of Linville on all charges in January 2010.
The case went to the jury around 12:30 p.m., Tuesday after testimony from defense witnesses and closing arguments by Linville's attorney, Erik Wilbekin and Commonwealth's Attorney Kathryn Hendrickson.
Witnesses who testified on Linville's behalf included Rhonda Wallingford and Donna Skaggs, as well as his mother, Carol Applegate.
Wallingford and Skaggs said the victim knew they were testifying on his behalf and discounted the alleged bruising around the victim's eyes the day after the incident as "pressure marks" which occur due to crying, stress, allergies, or when they are very sick.
"She had no physical marks other than normal when she left my house that day," Skaggs said of the woman's appearance on Dec. 20, after the victim told her what happened.
Hendrickson recalled the victim to the stand just prior to closing statements. The victim admitted that she and the tenants of the mobile home were engaged in the use of a controlled substance on the day of Dec. 19.
She said she was not impaired on that day, although she confessed to taking Suboxone on a daily basis when cross-examined by Wilbekin on the subject.
The questioning was in line with whether or not the other tenants of the home would have heard noise from the bedroom occupied by the victim and Linville when the assault and alleged rape took place.
"I don't believe I was impaired," said the victim.
During closing statements, Wilbekin reminded jurors the nurse who examined the victim stated in her testimony she found no evidence of rape, such as bruising or tearing when gathering evidence for the rape kit; he also stated DNA and semen analysis found on the victim were Linville's, "because these two people had relations."
Hendrickson reminded jurors during closing arguments that "Cecil Gene Linville is on trial today, not (the victim)" and "the only thing consistent throughout the entire case had been (the victim's) testimony."
"There were two people in that room and (the victim's) testimony is undisputed, the evidence is undisputed," said Hendrickson.
After deliberating on the five charges for nearly three hours, jurors returned at 3:15 p.m. with their verdicts; family members, as well as Linville and the victim remained quiet while the verdicts were read.
The final phase of the trial was for jurors to hear a recommended sentence on each of the three guilty verdicts. Linville's prior criminal record was entered into evidence as part of a persistent felony offender charge against him. In addition to several misdemeanor convictions, he has felony convictions dating to 1999 which include criminal possession of forged instrument (two convictions); second-degree escape and possession of firearm by a felon.
The jury came back with a recommendation of five years for the first-degree unlawful imprisonment conviction, which was enhanced to a 20-year sentence by the first-degree persistent felony offender conviction; in addition, he was sentenced to 12 months and $500 fine for both the assault and terroristic threatening convictions.
Linville will have to serve 20 percent of his sentence, or five years, before he will be eligible for parole.
here she goes again

Maysville, KY

#2 Jan 28, 2011
this sound like this april jett
truth

Maysville, KY

#3 Jan 28, 2011
is that aka april ware. if it is you cant rape a proststute. if thats the same one. she use to prostitue herself out in covington and cinncinnatti
Ben feathers

Gray, GA

#4 Jan 28, 2011
She should be in jail herself for making up that rape story.
JACQUIE

Maysville, KY

#5 Jan 28, 2011
Rape is serious crime and alot of women never come forward cause of azz holes that think cause a woman has a past or any reason is lying or trouble..i'm a rape victim and i never pressed charges cause the legal system makes you look like a fool plus the gossip that goes with it..When any woman says NO!!!! thats when you stop and let it be...Forcing someone for sex is wrong and thats either man or woman..We need to stand up more but why when after a trail your marked as a liar and trouble...I pray that who ever she is gets help and i know what she is going thru my rapists was never punished cause i never wanted the embaressment of trail in this small town cause i know what i would be marked as...So those who laugh and call her liar was you there in the room behind those closed doors to see what really happened?....If she lied than she will have to pay on judgement day and if any kinda woman would speak up not to send a innocent man to jail...her demons lay with her inside...
victim

Maysville, KY

#6 Jan 28, 2011
Ben feathers wrote:
She should be in jail herself for making up that rape story.
well it came back on her. she went to jail today.
APRIL JETT MCDC.she was caught for selling some
kind of drugs. look in MCDC jail tracker.
a friend

Richmond, KY

#7 Jan 28, 2011
He is a good guy. I couldn't imagine him doing this to anybody. If he didn't do it, it is really sad that he is in jail.
answer

Maysville, KY

#8 Jan 28, 2011
here she goes again wrote:
this sound like this april jett
JACQUIE- look up and read what was in the newspaper. i dont
believe she was raped. but everyone has their own opinion. but look in MCDC JAIL TRACKER.SHE was put in jail today.
Borscht Belt Bubba

Cleveland, GA

#9 Jan 28, 2011
Sad story - reminds me of an old joke:

Q: How do you make a hormone?

A: Don't pay her.
she aint smiling now

Maysville, KY

#10 Jan 28, 2011
APRIL D JETT
APRIL D JETT Current Age: 25
Weight: 140 Height: 5' 1''
Eye Color: BRO Hair Color: BLK
Sex: F Race: B
Address: MAYSVILLE, KY
Arrest Date: 1/28/2011
Arresting Officer: DEP MONICA JONES Badge #: 218
Arresting Agency: MASON COUNTY DETENTION CENTER
Booked Date: 1/28/2011 14:33
Released Date:
Class: SENTENCED
----------
Charges
Code Description Bond Type Bond Fees Court Date
42110 TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-2ND OR > OFFENSE-OPIATES NO BOND $0.00 $0.00 Jan 28 2011
she aint smiling now

Maysville, KY

#11 Jan 28, 2011
truth wrote:
is that aka april ware. if it is you cant rape a proststute. if thats the same one. she use to prostitue herself out in covington and cinncinnatti
No Its (April Jett)
What is wrong with this

Maysville, KY

#12 Jan 28, 2011
JACQUIE wrote:
Rape is serious crime and alot of women never come forward cause of azz holes that think cause a woman has a past or any reason is lying or trouble..i'm a rape victim and i never pressed charges cause the legal system makes you look like a fool plus the gossip that goes with it..When any woman says NO!!!! thats when you stop and let it be...Forcing someone for sex is wrong and thats either man or woman..We need to stand up more but why when after a trail your marked as a liar and trouble...I pray that who ever she is gets help and i know what she is going thru my rapists was never punished cause i never wanted the embaressment of trail in this small town cause i know what i would be marked as...So those who laugh and call her liar was you there in the room behind those closed doors to see what really I find happened?....If she lied than she will have to pay on judgement day and if any kinda woman would speak up not to send a innocent man to jail...her demons lay with her inside...
I find it hard to believe she was raped and held a prisoner when they shared the home with another couple. Where were they at? What is wrong with this jury?
Jerry Saunders

Gray, GA

#14 Jan 28, 2011
He was found not guity enough said she lied.When some is found guity of a crime people assume that person is guity so we cant have it both ways.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#15 Jan 29, 2011
Idk if the girl lied or not but i find it very hard to believe that she would lie about a crime like rape, especially when the majority of rape victims are to scared to report it. Especially when it is such a violation of our temple (body) and then the girl has to face the ignorant scrutinity and criticizims of you all on here not to mention the people who are not on here but runnin their mouth in public. I dont care if the man was found "innocent" on those charges! because our judicial system is flawed! Also it is possible to be held captive even when others are around, it happens alot and most people dont have the balls to do anything or just dont care. To all of you idiots bashing her just pray that someone doesnt rape your daughters, mothers, sisters or loved ones and if you are female pray you never go through that horrific experience! So you all need to shut the f*ck up and leave her alone! Because karma is one heck of a b!tch and she always gets revenge!

Location hidden

#16 Jan 29, 2011
a friend wrote:
He is a good guy. I couldn't imagine him doing this to anybody. If he didn't do it, it is really sad that he is in jail.
do you even watch the news? People are locked away lots and when they talk to family and friends there are tons of people who claim that they cant imagine so-n-so doing something like that. My question to you is do you really truly know anything about anyone? That includes spouses as well!
betty boop

Maysville, KY

#17 Jan 29, 2011
a friend wrote:
Yep. He is such a good person.....look up jail tracker. See, that's just how good he is! I think all the good people in the world have pics on jail tracker! NOT! You are messed up to think he is a good person. Nothing but a common criminal!
lady in blue

Maysville, KY

#18 Jan 29, 2011
Okay, I have worked with domestic violence and rape victims. I do not care if a girl sleeps with 300 men a week, if she is with a guy and tells him no or to stop it is R*A*P*E! Plain and simple. Women can even be raped by their husbands! And people are held against their will ALL the time and do not come forward. I have seen this many times. Alot of times it is the intimidation of a threat instead of actual physical violencs that holds them there. If you were in the same room with a man that raped you and then he threatened harm to you or your family if you were to leave or scream or whatever, alot of people would believe him. Hell, he just raped them, what else is he capable of? That is why people do not turn their vitimizations in, because of stupid ignorant people. Like the person above said, how do you know that she was not raped unless you were in that room with them? Also, as for there being tearing and stuff from rape, it is possible to be raped and not have lacerations and tears if you(for example)
a.) do not fight back
b.) have had children or are used to vigorous sexual experiences
Sickening

Maysville, KY

#19 Jan 29, 2011
IDK what the big deal is all about? Seems to me they're BOTH criminals and both got what was coming to them. Dopers, hos, thieves etc. The initial altercation probably was over name calling and running out of drugs. Trash like that is everywhere. There's definitely no honor among that type of riffraff. Wonder who was caring for her children while she was out frolicking around? Toss em in and throw away the key!
Bill Mauer

Gray, GA

#21 Jan 30, 2011
lady in blue wrote:
Okay, I have worked with domestic violence and rape victims. I do not care if a girl sleeps with 300 men a week, if she is with a guy and tells him no or to stop it is R*A*P*E! Plain and simple. Women can even be raped by their husbands! And people are held against their will ALL the time and do not come forward. I have seen this many times. Alot of times it is the intimidation of a threat instead of actual physical violencs that holds them there. If you were in the same room with a man that raped you and then he threatened harm to you or your family if you were to leave or scream or whatever, alot of people would believe him. Hell, he just raped them, what else is he capable of? That is why people do not turn their vitimizations in, because of stupid ignorant people. Like the person above said, how do you know that she was not raped unless you were in that room with them? Also, as for there being tearing and stuff from rape, it is possible to be raped and not have lacerations and tears if you(for example)
a.) do not fight back
b.) have had children or are used to vigorous sexual experiences
He was found not guity in the court of law so other words he didnt even rape her so she must haver lied.Looks like she's getting what she deserves.

Location hidden

#22 Jan 30, 2011
Bill Mauer wrote:
<quoted text>He was found not guity in the court of law so other words he didnt even rape her so she must haver lied.Looks like she's getting what she deserves.
and there are people who are found guilty when innocent! Looks like our judicial system is flawed! Where you there when the incident happened!? And how often do women cry rape! Really dude get a clue you dont know what really happened so it is possible she was raped! If they were messed up on drugs gettin hot and heavy, then she said STOP OR NO and he didnt stop then guess what that is RAPE! also if you have a girl and a guy on a date or something and the idiotic guy keeps sayin all come on you know you want it and the girl is hesitant and eventually gives in....gues what that IS RAPE TOO! SO SHOVE IT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Wendy 171,875
T.C. Major lurkin in The 'ville! 1 hr Cant stand her 17
Country boy 1 hr Jeff 15
Peace 4 hr Buff 2
EKP pervs 6 hr Jake 4
anyone know of a good bar in maysville (Apr '11) 15 hr Wendys beaver 33
Country boy 21 hr Ready7 15

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages