Coach Piper Lindsey ( Mason Cty Girls...
Eatenhernanner

Winchester, KY

#102 Feb 28, 2012
Respect wrote:
When is Mason Co. going to wake up? I do believe last year everybody wanted to blame the coach and now here they go again. Every coach can't be bad. Just remember you win a few and lose a few. You may have a couple of great years and then you lose some players and you have to build your team back up. All the schools have to deal with this. Get off the coaches back and let the players take the blame and tell them to work harder and have respect for their coach.
If you get rid of the assistants then hire new ones then we may not blame the coaches. Gibbs, menke, likins, smith, allen, morton. These six was a huge loss to that program and where are they and why? I enjoyed watching these kids a couple of years ago playing together. That six and some others could have ran for a state championship.
Panthers

Herndon, VA

#103 Feb 28, 2012
Apparently you haven't watched to many of Brian's games. He isn't any better then Piper. He has his picks! 4 out of his 5 starters are kids of the coaching staff. He has a stacked bench and does not use them. Everyone of his girls has something to offer on the floor but he cannot seem to swallow his pride or let his ego go when there might be the possibility that one of the other girls that sit the bench can do just as well as the elite 5. He may play his bench leading up to a championship game, but when it comes to the big game guess who plays. He never mixes it up. All he uses the other players for is scrimmage players and to fill a roster. I'm so glad that I have no children in this program or school system. Go Panthers!!
honestly

Maysville, KY

#104 Feb 29, 2012
The only thing she cares about is how they dress, if thats the case coach cheerleading NOT basketball :) She is pretty inappropriate with the students also take it from me! SHES all over the guys and mason county has always been about your name!
eatenherwhat

Maysville, KY

#105 Feb 29, 2012
One of the assistants will be gone next year but he hasn't really done much this year so I doubt he will be missed. He is already talking to another school about going back there to coach. One done.....how many more to go?
ugh!

Dublin, OH

#106 Feb 29, 2012
Coach Piper exactly what was your game plan?? It didn't work. I hope you are gone!!
Observer

Pittsburgh, PA

#107 Feb 29, 2012
Panthers wrote:
Apparently you haven't watched to many of Brian's games. He isn't any better then Piper. He has his picks! 4 out of his 5 starters are kids of the coaching staff. He has a stacked bench and does not use them. Everyone of his girls has something to offer on the floor but he cannot seem to swallow his pride or let his ego go when there might be the possibility that one of the other girls that sit the bench can do just as well as the elite 5. He may play his bench leading up to a championship game, but when it comes to the big game guess who plays. He never mixes it up. All he uses the other players for is scrimmage players and to fill a roster. I'm so glad that I have no children in this program or school system. Go Panthers!!
I agree Rabbit has a stocked roster. But I don't see where he's not playing kids. In close games, you go with who the Coach feels will get the job done.
agree

Cleveland, GA

#108 Feb 29, 2012
Store wrote:
<quoted text>A win is a WIN. You people still give her shit when she wins. She can't catch a break. Make up your minds.
I agree. No matter what she does, can't please all the parents. Get behind the team and the coach. Quit bitching. No wonder a lot of people have quit going to games. You people kill morale. Glad I don't have any kids there. Kids would have to win all games for parents to be happy and then they still would know more than the coach.
ummm

Maysville, KY

#109 Feb 29, 2012
Ever think that maybe the fact that the team had no support all season was a problem? All of you complain, and probably have no idea how to play the game yourself. Being coach Lindsay's first year with us, she did us some good. It takes a while for any new coach to settle in.. she's tough, maybe that's what we needed. Any coach is gonna have their favorites-whoever is good. That's common sense. If the girls don't show the potential to play good they dont play. How about you all try supporting the team next year instead of pointing out everything we did wrong? Our parents were our biggest supporters. The rest of you all hear the score and start talking. Grow up.
Fat lady has sang

Dahlonega, GA

#110 Feb 29, 2012
Your a Class Act and don't take this in a complimentary sense.You made your point. Get over yourself.
NCLB

Dahlonega, GA

#111 Mar 1, 2012
ummm wrote:
Ever think that maybe the fact that the team had no support all season was a problem? All of you complain, and probably have no idea how to play the game yourself. Being coach Lindsay's first year with us, she did us some good. It takes a while for any new coach to settle in.. she's tough, maybe that's what we needed. Any coach is gonna have their favorites-whoever is good. That's common sense. If the girls don't show the potential to play good they dont play. How about you all try supporting the team next year instead of pointing out everything we did wrong? Our parents were our biggest supporters. The rest of you all hear the score and start talking. Grow up.
You have a valid point that every coach has favorites. I totally agree. But now where I have to disagree with you is your comment if the girls don't show potential they dont play. Can you honestly sit at these games and tell me when a girl turns the ball over 5-8 times in the first half is grounds to continue playing. This is when having favorites can kill your team. Never kicking the ball out and losing it underneathe. I have a problem with that style of playing. As parents, we support our kids but I refuse to support immaturity and total nonsense. I watched Bracken after our game and Coach K took out one of his best player immediately because of senseless errors. Does Piper? No Way. If you were at the game last night you would of saw 3 TO's in 3 minutes in first quarter. 3rd quarter was worse. But the same girls continued to play and we lost. Whatever points the one made was pretty much a wash by how many times she lost the ball. So Sorry, I have no patience for this.
ahhhhhh

Winchester, KY

#112 Mar 2, 2012
Its sad now what will Piper do? One year down and no titles. Butcher got a district and got fired. Maybe more kids will leave and they will get rid of her. Get rid of the Butler show and be a choach and teach these kids.
Who Cares

Dahlonega, GA

#113 Mar 2, 2012
ahhhhhh wrote:
Its sad now what will Piper do? One year down and no titles. Butcher got a district and got fired. Maybe more kids will leave and they will get rid of her. Get rid of the Butler show and be a choach and teach these kids.
I personally can't believe this goes on. Relatives coaching. Maybe elementary but not when you get to the highschool level. I don't think you are doing the kids any favor. They can play out of control at times, take some unnecessary shots and no repercussion. Alot of the kids never got the opportunity to develop their game. They were moved up so young and never really grow from that point. It is one thing if these girls are naturally gifted and can play at that level at a young age but from what I have seen not the case. As for what will Piper do, Who Cares?
To cute

Maysville, KY

#114 Mar 2, 2012
Fat lady has sang wrote:
Your a Class Act and don't take this in a complimentary sense.You made your point. Get over yourself.
Piper please dress in basketball gear so these people will be quite. Just saying!!
ummm

United States

#115 Mar 3, 2012
NCLB wrote:
<quoted text>You have a valid point that every coach has favorites. I totally agree. But now where I have to disagree with you is your comment if the girls don't show potential they dont play. Can you honestly sit at these games and tell me when a girl turns the ball over 5-8 times in the first half is grounds to continue playing. This is when having favorites can kill your team. Never kicking the ball out and losing it underneathe. I have a problem with that style of playing. As parents, we support our kids but I refuse to support immaturity and total nonsense. I watched Bracken after our game and Coach K took out one of his best player immediately because of senseless errors. Does Piper? No Way. If you were at the game last night you would of saw 3 TO's in 3 minutes in first quarter. 3rd quarter was worse. But the same girls continued to play and we lost. Whatever points the one made was pretty much a wash by how many times she lost the ball. So Sorry, I have no patience for this.
I was there. I am a player. Yes she has her favorites and yes sometimes we all need to sit down. You're right. She has favorites but we have no support. NEITHER IS GOOD FOR US.
Clueless coach

Lexington, KY

#116 Mar 3, 2012
I was wondering who should playing instead of the girls that did play..
Just Try It

Winchester, KY

#117 Mar 5, 2012
Clueless coach wrote:
I was wondering who should playing instead of the girls that did play..
Get rid of the coaching staff and start over. They were there when Butcher got fired and you will be next. Then you need to develop and put the ones that need to be inside where they need to be. A post player don't need to shoot a 3 point shot. You got beat by Bracken without their best player. You beat St.Pat because they didn't have a bench. Deming wasn't deep either. I am a fan of both teams and I wish one of the girls programs will bring home a Region title. I just know you don't put the right 5 on the court because if you did you would be winning. Quit letting the assistants coach.
who plays

Maysville, KY

#118 Mar 5, 2012
When you have a bench -you use the bench! Piper takes her 5/6 favs and runs them in the ground. They need a break. There are fresh legs she could use to give them breaks. There are players that can come in when the favs are turning the ball over and making too many mistakes. What is she telling the others that are sitting there wanting to play. It doesn't matter what they do -how much they improve. You do not get rewarded - you don't get in.
Makes no sense

Olive Hill, KY

#119 Mar 5, 2012
Seems like she had personality conflicts with a few of the girls, soooo they didnt see much playing time. I am not saying one girl is better than another and you clearly had no real superstar on the team, but you chose to run only 6 girls. It is ashame the assistant coach has a niece and her cousin on the team because no matter how many turnovers there was no consequences. It will be interesting to see how next year shakes out. If she even had a system, could you imagine how this season outcome could have been. The list of irrational decisions she made is too long to even list.Sometimes as parents, we need to put our kids in the right situation to excel and her coaching them is not the best solution.
Clueless coach

Owingsville, KY

#120 Mar 5, 2012
Personally I don't think she knows what is going on, but to her credit she did get them to the region semifinals... Call it what you may, luck of the draw, whatever the case may be. As far as her bench, she has very little to choose from, if any. Her best players for the bench, would have been the 7th graders. I suspect you will see some of them next year playing, with losses to graduation, transfers, and girls not coming back out!
YOUR CLUELESS

Olive Hill, KY

#121 Mar 5, 2012
Clueless coach wrote:
Personally I don't think she knows what is going on, but to her credit she did get them to the region semifinals... Call it what you may, luck of the draw, whatever the case may be. As far as her bench, she has very little to choose from, if any. Her best players for the bench, would have been the 7th graders. I suspect you will see some of them next year playing, with losses to graduation, transfers, and girls not coming back out!
TOTALLY DISAGREE. What are you basing this on? She didnt play a few of them. So did you see these girls play at all? If you saw them play in JV you saw a well disciplined team with very few turnovers and played team ball. Once again, a typical pull up these 7th graders and don't allow them to develop. Didnt they do this once already. You only pull up when you don't have numbers or no talent. These girls have talent that was left on the bench. They just didnt have the right last name or whatever the hell you all base it on to play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min DISSIDENT 166,352
Puckered hot dogs....delicious 2 hr Jim bobcock 6
Thick white girl lookin 4 some1 wantin some Dunn! (Mar '16) 4 hr Biggerboy 15
beggars 6 hr fed up 1
zunie powell (Jul '12) 8 hr Stoner 28
Sweet 10 hr anon 4
Std heaven 14 hr Tango 9

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages