another parent

United States

#82 Feb 27, 2012
Voltaire wrote:
Relative of who may I ask? I assume you mean the current coach? I assure you I have never even met her but I have lived in Mason County for almost 50 years. I never implied anyone was uneducated.
My point was/is that some people have an exaggerated feeling about this program and its role in student development. Mason County has graduated thousands of students in its existence and only a handful have been able to generate an income from athletics. However many have become very productive and contributed much to their new communities as thet escape a region that is standing still while a few parents live vicariously through their children.
Big time? ESPN?
Work for a cure to a dreaded disease, invent an energy saving device, help bring peace to others...then you can brag about being "big time". You have students who will graduate Mason to do these things. I'll get exited about them.
I have no compassion for the coach as she was well aware of the elevated egos in this county. She knew what she was taking on...
Voltaire,
Be prepared to get excited then, we have a young lady the will graduate this year who is brilliant the last I heard she is going to be a doctor and do research. I am sure that many others are working to better mankind I just happen to be aware of this young lady. Oh by the way she is a very good athlete also. Do you have the number for ESPN, maybe CNN or another news outlet.
hohoho

Maysville, KY

#83 Feb 27, 2012
Sammy the Bull wrote:
As long as the feldhause's are happy she'll stay!!!!!!!!!!
thats very true, we all know shes getting lucky down in kentucky wherever she goes.
Smart

Maysville, KY

#84 Feb 27, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
First, so sorry I didnít realize I was in a spelling contest.
Secondly, it is my decision if she coaches or not, if you apply the right amount of pressure to the correct people then things change. School board members get elected. School officials donít like turmoil and therefore are likely to address angry parents like us.
Thirdly, all of us parents spend thousands of hours and dollars on basketball for our kids by the time they are in high school. Never said my daughter was a super star, but she deserves better than the coach we have.
Now my turn
First she had a chance and failed, her record is horrible, she drives away good kids, and she is the most immature female in the gym.
Secondly I never said we have an elite team those are your words. I said itís a big time program and it is because of the name on the front of the school.
Thirdly, youíre correct, some boys donít like OHearn, but they play not because of the jersey they play because OHearn knows how to win even with injuries, suspensions and a team less talented than his opponent.
Lastly, I think I might understand why youíre so upset. You are either her parent or youíre a parent of a girl playing even though she shouldnít or she is one that sits the bench just to wear the jersey.
The rest of us want to win. We will not win with this coach.
AGREE!!!! best post on here
haha

Cincinnati, OH

#85 Feb 27, 2012
I just heard about about all these post about Lindsey. I had to read all this first hand. HAHAHA.She is immature is about a coach as I am a neuro surgeon. She has her favorites and treat some of the girls horrible. These are young girls and very impressionable. She is all about the drama and the show
to whatever

Maysville, KY

#86 Feb 27, 2012
In your post (#68) you told a parent if they don't like the coach then quit. NEWSFLASH...if you could quit because you don't like the "hire" and go to another school and play ball a lot of kids would be doing that. Some of these kids have played ball for years and they do it because they love the game. Then they get a coach who is more about being friends with certain players and giving her "friends" more playing time and less grief when they screw up than other players. Be a coach.
If a player quits, they are done. How is that fair to the kids.
And to whoever said she looks good coaching....I went to a couple of games and I really thought she looked more like a cheer coach than a ball coach. She is very "sparkly", though.
My view

United States

#87 Feb 27, 2012
to whatever wrote:
In your post (#68) you told a parent if they don't like the coach then quit. NEWSFLASH...if you could quit because you don't like the "hire" and go to another school and play ball a lot of kids would be doing that. Some of these kids have played ball for years and they do it because they love the game. Then they get a coach who is more about being friends with certain players and giving her "friends" more playing time and less grief when they screw up than other players. Be a coach.
And to whoever said she looks good coaching....I went to a couple of games and I really thought she looked more like a cheer coach than a ball coach. She is very "sparkly", though.
I think she is doing a pretty good job so far, but I totally agree that she is "friends" with certain players as opposed to being their coach. I think this is a big problem that could lead to worse problems for Coach Lindsey. Not sure what went wrong at HCHS that they would not hire back a first year coach with a district title and winning record, but I'm assuming some of these immaturities led to that decision (among other things that I don't quite have the full story).
Bottom line is that a coach is walking a fine line when they "befriend" the players in the first place. Let alone acting like them, dressing like them, and ultimately more worried about fitting in with them than being their coach. I think Lindsey may struggle with this. To me there is a clear disconnect from adolescence to adulthood in her social interactions. Her behavior around parents and "grown ups" is kind of like "I'm just a cute little girl that is trying my best". Again, I'm not sayin she is a bad coach or needs to be fired, because I think she is doing a pretty good job. I'm just saying to me this is a red flag that could lead to some serious trouble down the road. As a poster above has said in regards to twitter "these are different times". Who knows what kinds of relationships are blossoming in all this player/coach "closeness" that she seems to covet? Again, times are different. I think we as fans, parents, supporter, spectators, etc should all take notice and be aware. Again, she was let go from her previous position for reasons undisclosed.
Frustrating

Maysville, KY

#88 Feb 27, 2012
I don't know this, but one factor in the hire maybe was to have a young female coach who could relate to the kids.

Is the team improving? Yes
Did most of the experience and talent return from last year's team? NO
Is this a young team with young talent? Yes
As a whole, is this an experienced staff? Yes
Do the Lady Royals have a good shot of advancing to the semifinals of the region? Yes

Maybe things are ok.......maybe even GOOD with a bright future.
The truth

Winchester, KY

#89 Feb 27, 2012
Jason Butler coaches the team. Piper is just the figure head. The program is a joke and run by favorites. Come on Henry has been there every year and people say she is no good butisnt that a coaches fault? Oh,but you still have the same assistant coach. I see why girls have quit. A Butler coach and a Butler starter. Clean house and be a coach from start.
OMG

Columbus, OH

#90 Feb 27, 2012
We win. She still sucks!
Royals

Maysville, KY

#91 Feb 27, 2012
Congratulations! Good luck Wednesday night!
The truth

Winchester, KY

#92 Feb 27, 2012
Royals wrote:
Congratulations! Good luck Wednesday night!
Look they beat the weakest team in the 10th region!!!!!
wow I agree

Winchester, KY

#93 Feb 27, 2012
The truth wrote:
Jason Butler coaches the team. Piper is just the figure head. The program is a joke and run by favorites. Come on Henry has been there every year and people say she is no good butisnt that a coaches fault? Oh,but you still have the same assistant coach. I see why girls have quit. A Butler coach and a Butler starter. Clean house and be a coach from start.
So true! It wont change, thats why they lost all those girls.
Idiot

Morehead, KY

#94 Feb 27, 2012
So when it is all said and done her record will be how many wins??? That answer will be 9 my friend. We played St Pats to get to region and then Deming. Talking about the luck of the draw. Malibu of Mason is an idiot.
Im a joker

Morehead, KY

#95 Feb 27, 2012
The truth wrote:
I think Mariah is a fine player. I think there was some input(parents) setting things up for next year. Just like a certain player has started since 7th grade?? Isnt there a sibling coming up. Daddy isnt stupid. He knows who to kiss up to. Certain girls have all of a sudden been faded out. Kindof funny. That program is the biggest joke along with the jokers. Way to destroy some of the kids spirits. Great coaching.
Agree

Maysville, KY

#96 Feb 27, 2012
The truth wrote:
<quoted text> Look they beat the weakest team in the 10th region!!!!!
You got that right. lol. That is too funny. Should we even call that a win? We will lose by 20 the next game. Hope thats not in the ledger.
News Flash

Maysville, KY

#97 Feb 28, 2012
I hope Rabbit is watching....news flash Coach Piper does not have room for 10 good players. She does not know how to play 10 good players. Hell -she doesn't know how to use 5. Hope things change soon. I do have a feeling she is sucking basketball out of some of these girls. They do not respect her nor do the parents. She is a joke for this program and I hope Fred Hester and Steve Appleman are paying attention. They are going to loose more players than what they did last year.
Ashame

Cincinnati, OH

#98 Feb 28, 2012
News Flash wrote:
I hope Rabbit is watching....news flash Coach Piper does not have room for 10 good players. She does not know how to play 10 good players. Hell -she doesn't know how to use 5. Hope things change soon. I do have a feeling she is sucking basketball out of some of these girls. They do not respect her nor do the parents. She is a joke for this program and I hope Fred Hester and Steve Appleman are paying attention. They are going to loose more players than what they did last year.
You are so right and yet it is so sad. You have a few on the bench that are just as talented and see very little or no playing time. She has literally destroyed these girls confidence and love of the game. She is the most immature Coach I have ever experienced. She holds different standards depending who you are. Trying purposely to humiliate a girl. If she is reading this, she knows what I am talking about. Remember Piper, what comes around goes around. Woman like you will pay their dues one day, TRUST ME>
Sparkly

Cincinnati, OH

#99 Feb 28, 2012
to whatever wrote:
If she was a Cheer Coach, could she screw that up also? She is very sparkly and shiney. Maybe that is why Rabbit didnt get the job. He just couldnt dress for success. She looks like a Vegas nightmare.
Respect

Morehead, KY

#100 Feb 28, 2012
When is Mason Co. going to wake up? I do believe last year everybody wanted to blame the coach and now here they go again. Every coach can't be bad. Just remember you win a few and lose a few. You may have a couple of great years and then you lose some players and you have to build your team back up. All the schools have to deal with this. Get off the coaches back and let the players take the blame and tell them to work harder and have respect for their coach.
Bob

Maysville, KY

#101 Feb 28, 2012
SEXY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white light burgers 3 hr Lpoy 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr wow 131,389
Limestone Cable Now CAPS Internet Usage 10 hr Hithere 10
Steve Braun 10 hr Sunshine 1
Marcel Jackson 14 hr Jordy 3
need head now 16 hr looking 6
what happened to Bobby Doyle 19 hr Another neighbor 8
Maysville Dating
Find my Match

Maysville Jobs