Coach Piper Lindsey ( Mason Cty Girls...
sorry

Morehead, KY

#21 Feb 10, 2012
Store wrote:
<quoted text>A win is a WIN. You people still give her shit when she wins. She can't catch a break. Make up your minds.
It is made up. She is awesome, best Coach in the 10th region. She is consistent and has the girls run plays. She averages less than 15 turnovers a game. Oh did I forget their record?
Go Lady Royals

Maysville, KY

#22 Feb 11, 2012
Another win. Scored 72 points. Young roster. Playing much better at end of season. Looks like the program is headed in the right direction. Maybe somebody will shut down this thread. Go Lady Royals!
Say What

Morehead, KY

#23 Feb 11, 2012
I have read all these comments and I really dont care about their wins and losses. Something that concerns me is watching the way she grabbed a girl in the huddle and the way she Screams at some. I hear bits and pieces from the girls and I personally think she is too immature to be coaching highschool girls. I recently heard she follows the girls on twitter. I dont find this very professional. I was surprised this was acceptable. Yes this is just highschool bball but way too much drama and I think she brings alot of it on herself. Just hoping this all gets in order before those younger girls get to highschool.Go Lady Royals
The Gambler

Maysville, KY

#24 Feb 11, 2012
Dont blame it all on Piper, the whole girls program has been a mess sinse Paula B knew she was going to retire, she had great teams in her days, but used them to run up scoreboads on weaker teams and couldnt beat the better teams in the region.. Which her not develeping a benched to help the starters out. The non starters would be upset they be up 25 plus points in 4th quarter and starters still in game, so they quit... dont blame them, and the pattern continued that no one wanted to play cause of that...
WOW

Powell, OH

#25 Feb 11, 2012
JV just ended their season 14-3. AWESOME JOB!! Way to go COACH Butler!!!
Go JB

Morehead, KY

#26 Feb 11, 2012
WOW wrote:
Congratulations Coach Butler and the JV squad. A great season and wonderful chemistry. These girls really play well together.
IMO

Morehead, KY

#27 Feb 12, 2012
My comment about varsity coaching is she should not allow individualized ball playing. When your player has 3 girls on her and still tries to throw it up without dishing the ball. That is unacceptable. Happens way too much. Maybe these players cant see the floor? IMO it seems players trying to pad their stats. This doesnt win games and with Lady Royals record this shows. Well Coached teams doesnt allow this behavior. I feel a few of these players were taught this and old habits hard to break. Yes its great our kid being the superstar but at teams expense. PLAY AS A TEAM.
fan

Winchester, KY

#28 Feb 15, 2012
IMO wrote:
My comment about varsity coaching is she should not allow individualized ball playing. When your player has 3 girls on her and still tries to throw it up without dishing the ball. That is unacceptable. Happens way too much. Maybe these players cant see the floor? IMO it seems players trying to pad their stats. This doesnt win games and with Lady Royals record this shows. Well Coached teams doesnt allow this behavior. I feel a few of these players were taught this and old habits hard to break. Yes its great our kid being the superstar but at teams expense. PLAY AS A TEAM.
Its a friends and family team.You have a coach and a player the the same last name. who starts? If you don't have a name you dont play. a kid sat out a whole year and started over kids that has been there for years. I say get rid of all the asst.coaches and get new. Same coaches more losing. One quit and they bring him back? oh its the name.
Yep

Worton, MD

#29 Feb 15, 2012
Yeah I just wanna throw it out there. THEY HIRED THE WOMAN BECAUSE SHE IS ATTRACTIVE. I cant say anything else on her coaching skills or on the lady royals loosing and what not.. I really dont care about it honestly. I guess I had to be the one to throw the truth out. Glad everyone knows now... hahaha
Hired Wrong Person

Dawsonville, GA

#30 Feb 15, 2012
Brian Littleton should be the gdamn coach anyways.
Store

Morehead, KY

#31 Feb 17, 2012
WOW wrote:
The sun shines on a dogs ass somedays. Everyone has a loosening season eventually.
The Gambler

Maysville, KY

#32 Feb 17, 2012
Yep wrote:
Yeah I just wanna throw it out there. THEY HIRED THE WOMAN BECAUSE SHE IS ATTRACTIVE. I cant say anything else on her coaching skills or on the lady royals loosing and what not.. I really dont care about it honestly. I guess I had to be the one to throw the truth out. Glad everyone knows now... hahaha
I had put on here earlier they hired her to help the scoring out, but i wasnt refering to the schoolboard.. as we all know the whole administration in Mason co is sleeping around with each other...
thought

Grayson, KY

#33 Feb 17, 2012
Varsity seems to be coming together be it a little late in the year, the jv are looking great! and there's several 10th region wins in our future... mass talent coming up... they are stacked all the way thru the 6th grade! have you seen any of our girls traveling teams play? they are destroying everyone by 40+ points when they play region 10 school teams... the only teams that can compete with them are hand picked aau teams.. you won't see that in the state tournament. these teams will win nomatter who's coaching when they start varsity play. so region 10 is a YES... state title- a real possibility! GO LADY ROYALS
Go Lady Royals

Maysville, KY

#34 Feb 20, 2012
Go Lady Royals wrote:
Another win. Scored 72 points. Young roster. Playing much better at end of season. Looks like the program is headed in the right direction. Maybe somebody will shut down this thread. Go Lady Royals!
Good luck Thursday night!
St Pat Fan

Maysville, KY

#35 Feb 21, 2012
You got very lucky last night MC. The refs took us out of the game. Don't get me wrong you have awesome talent but I feel sorry for you girls. Your Coach really stinks. Miss Piper you are selling yourself and your girls short! Good luck Thursday should be interesting.
betty

Maysville, KY

#36 Feb 21, 2012
Congrats to the royals, both boys and girls. As far as getting rid of the assistant lady royal coaches ...rumor has it, one is already talking to another school. But Mason county can do without him and the school that is talking to him would be a perfect fit. A match made in heaven.
its happened

United States

#37 Feb 21, 2012
St Pat Fan wrote:
You got very lucky last night MC. The refs took us out of the game. Don't get me wrong you have awesome talent but I feel sorry for you girls. Your Coach really stinks. Miss Piper you are selling yourself and your girls short! Good luck Thursday should be interesting.
I knew it!!! A St Pat fan that thought they got cheated...imagine that!!! Always!!! Your girls foul and they got caught...period!!
Life goes on

Morehead, KY

#38 Feb 21, 2012
St Pat Fan wrote:
Agree, And I am a MC fan. She is horrible and clueless. But I am just glad the season is almost over. Been a long and stressful journey. We dont take care of the ball and a team like Bracken will benefit. But with Piper thats fine. She had a player last night that had 5 Turnovers and that was just first half. A real coach doesnt find this acceptable. This is the reason why MC will never have an impressive record under her. Play players that will protect the ball. Just Super glad this is almost over.
Well said

Morehead, KY

#39 Feb 22, 2012
Life goes on wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, And I am a MC fan. She is horrible and clueless. But I am just glad the season is almost over. Been a long and stressful journey. We dont take care of the ball and a team like Bracken will benefit. But with Piper thats fine. She had a player last night that had 5 Turnovers and that was just first half. A real coach doesnt find this acceptable. This is the reason why MC will never have an impressive record under her. Play players that will protect the ball. Just Super glad this is almost over.
She does not know how to sub in and out....it is easy to use 7 players.....A 'Coach' would use what they have and the girls on the bench (JV Players 14-3 record) should prove she has players on the bench that can play - she just doesnt know how to use the players in the game. she freezes and doesn't coach...if Butler wasnt putting them in she would never sub- she doesnt know how. She is not a 'COACH'- what college is going to look at any of the girls with a 3-16 record??? Parents are working hard to better the program in the lower grade levels to turn them over to 'what??' the freshman/varsity coach- they are not improving once they get to that level. POOR
iwasthere

Maysville, KY

#40 Feb 22, 2012
i was at the game between mason county and st pat, the coach at st pat was out coached, she let her daughter play after making many mistakes. her daughter is a good player, but when she screws up take her out and tell her what she is doing wrong. also since coach henson left st pat, the team has gone down. coach henson was a good coach and i think he would have loved to stay at st pat, but the people at the top wanted to let he go even though some people said they would pay his salary to keep him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min who cares 149,015
r.I.p Ryan fryman aka booboo 12 hr Well 4
Cars stolen from on Avenue 14 hr Done with Crack h... 10
Jason Shields aka Popa Jay 16 hr Smh 20
DUI's going back ten years 18 hr Nick Bellew 5
Scott Fite Thu info 2
Goodwill Thu Joy 1

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages