For Real

Clearfield, KY

#226 Sep 10, 2012
All of you really need to get a life! Let the Lord be the judge. If you dont like her then move your ass to another school. Jealousy gets you NO WHERE! I am looking forward to the new season! Good Luck Lady Royals!
its happened

Brooklyn, NY

#227 Sep 11, 2012
same wrote:
<quoted text>I too have some friends over in Cynthiana that were very very close to the situation, and you are correct. Coach Lindsey tried to say that the principal at HCHS was jealous of her and didn't like her, thus choosing not to hire her back. Reality is what you just stated; inappropriate relationship with the football coach, an inappropriate relationship with some kid that worked at a body shop there, and some very childish and immature behavior with her students and players while there that was also rather...inappropriate.

She was consequently FIRED as her behavior was not in any way a good example for the students. As a matter of fact, she would often seek advice from her players on what they thought about certain "acquaintances" she was interested in. Her behavior, according to some, was much more like that of a teenager then that of an adult that was supposed to be a leader and authoritative figure to the kids. There is a fine line between relating to students and players, and being in charge of them and being a disciplinarian to them. Again, the school felt that her interests seemed to lie more in being friends with the players and "fitting it" with them, then teaching and coaching them.

So she was 17-14 and District Champions, all in her first season as a head basketball coach at HCHS. And all of a sudden she is off to Mason County which is an hour and fifteen minutes from where she was living? Not to mention she got a divorce? Hmmm. Anyone who doesn't believe her shady past should be warned now. Not saying that people can't change, or learn from their mistakes, but be warned.

Bottom line, I don't know how MCHS over-looked her entire past and pure lack of any professionalism or integrity while at HCHS. She was anything but an example for students or players. She's really kind of sick if you think about it. Not too mention her lack of head coaching experience (1 year? are you serious). She must have had some serious connections to take her on barring her checkered 1st year at HCHS. Keep a close eye on that one.
Bravo!!!
Professionalism

Morehead, KY

#228 Sep 11, 2012
There is a few cases in the state in reference to STAFF misconduct. The school board needs to make sure this coach as well as all staff take their jobs serious and exercise limitations to their role as Staff/ Student. This should be addressed very seriously to all staff before the school becomes a target in the News media.
yes

Winchester, KY

#229 Sep 11, 2012
Professionalism wrote:
There is a few cases in the state in reference to STAFF misconduct. The school board needs to make sure this coach as well as all staff take their jobs serious and exercise limitations to their role as Staff/ Student. This should be addressed very seriously to all staff before the school becomes a target in the News media.
Agreed. Apparently they didn't take it very seriously during the hiring process. Did they do their research here? Coach Lindsey is a pretty face, and is fresh and fun and full of new ideas that are all very appealing. However, what are her true motives at the end of the day?

Do i think she wants to win? Yes absolutely. Do I think she cares about the kids and the program? For sure. I just think she also cares about other "extra-curricular" activities as well. I can't tell if she loves coaching for coaching..........or if she loves coaching for the ATTENTION. We have an adolescent coaching adolescents here.
wow

Brooklyn, NY

#230 Sep 11, 2012
This is my 1st time on topix. I just stumbled onto this thread...wow!! I too have friends and family in cythiana and you guys are correct. I read that she should be given a chance but why? I don't have a child at Mason Co but I've grown up in the area and MC seems like a school that takes sports very seriously-maybe too much so WHY was a 1 year coach handed this job in the 1st place?? I have also watched her "coach". Butler is the one always in the huddle talking. So who's team is it?
A shame

Dahlonega, GA

#231 Sep 15, 2012
outside looking in wrote:
I don't have a dog in this fight either, but after watching a couple of games, I can't believe the talent she has on the bench that hardly ever sets foot on the floor.(I know some of these girls and have followed them for a few years and I know some of them have talent). And how she will pull a player out if they make a mistake, but then she will leave other players in mistake after mistake. It seems that she has favorites. As an outsider this is what I see.
I think that goes for more than her! So do some of the other coaches as well!!!!
Disgraceful

Dahlonega, GA

#232 Sep 16, 2012
I think the message she is sending out, and as well as some other coaches, are about who you are, and how much money your parents have in the community or if they are employees by the school!! As far as I can see, THEY are gonna have nothing but a group of losers to coach! But Mason County is gonna get what they deserve for hiring a bunch of idiots to do there coaching!!! TIME WILL TELL ALL!!
heard

Winchester, KY

#233 Sep 16, 2012
Disgraceful wrote:
I think the message she is sending out, and as well as some other coaches, are about who you are, and how much money your parents have in the community or if they are employees by the school!! As far as I can see, THEY are gonna have nothing but a group of losers to coach! But Mason County is gonna get what they deserve for hiring a bunch of idiots to do there coaching!!! TIME WILL TELL ALL!!
Heard she was trying to get her sister to help out. That same sister has two DUI's on her record. Not one, TWO! Maybe she needs a partner in "infidelity crime".
Blue

Dahlonega, GA

#234 Sep 16, 2012
heard wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard she was trying to get her sister to help out. That same sister has two DUI's on her record. Not one, TWO! Maybe she needs a partner in "infidelity crime".
AMEN, WELL SAID!!!
CalorieCruncher

Maysville, KY

#235 Sep 16, 2012
She's questionable.....
info please

Columbiana, OH

#236 Sep 17, 2012
Disgraceful wrote:
Is your daughter 2nd string? Does she ride the bench?? Just alittle jealous there aren't ya??? You are the LOSER!
Truth

Walton, KY

#237 Sep 17, 2012
Thats about the truth on this one. This coach is a very attractive successfull coach so naturally, the dirtbags of Maysville come out w their fangs out. Dirtbag parents can be so nasty and jealous when they discover their little special one isn't so special except maybe in a handicapped way. Why can't you loser parents accept the fact that you've already infected your offspring w loserism and that you're lucky to even be on the team.
Christ, give it a rest already and get off this wonan's nuts.
Losers.
huh?

United States

#238 Sep 17, 2012
heard wrote:
<quoted text>Heard she was trying to get her sister to help out. That same sister has two DUI's on her record. Not one, TWO! Maybe she needs a partner in "infidelity crime".
how did you find out about this??
IF IT IS TRUE

Clearfield, KY

#239 Sep 17, 2012
[QUOTE who="huh?"]<quote d text>
how did you find out about this??[/QUOTE]

It is public info. if she was arrested and put in jail - usually jail tracker shows.
I bet

Clearfield, KY

#240 Sep 17, 2012
Disgraceful wrote:
I bet you are a loud mouth from Rabbitt's team?? Am I right?? quit crying! Thought you would be used to way things are ran by now. You had better get with the program and feel lucky your little loser is even on the bench!
grow up

United States

#241 Sep 17, 2012
You losers need to quit talking about her and pray for her she was in a very bad accident over the weekend!
I agree

Clearfield, KY

#242 Sep 17, 2012
grow up wrote:
You losers need to quit talking about her and pray for her she was in a very bad accident over the weekend!
I agree. I pray she is okay. These people on here need to get a life! These are mostly parents of girls on the team: what a great role model you people are for your children. Really do you teach your kids to go to Topix and talk down about someone? What a disgrace to Mason County!
For ur info

Dahlonega, GA

#243 Sep 17, 2012
I bet wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are a loud mouth from Rabbitt's team?? Am I right?? quit crying! Thought you would be used to way things are ran by now. You had better get with the program and feel lucky your little loser is even on the bench!
What's it to you? Did I hit a nerve! These girls have practiced and played, and been coached by the best!! It's a shame that they are going to lose out because someone can't coach like Rabbit! He knew what he was doin, they should have kept him!
whatever

United States

#244 Sep 17, 2012
It doesn't matter how cute she is or how much she flips her hair she still can't coach. These girls coming up have talent-what a shame.
I know

Maysville, KY

#245 Sep 17, 2012
The girls playing right now have talent also! Praying for Coach Lindsey to make a speedy recovery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min Historicallyspeaking 131,855
Can I rent a car with prepaid card? (Mar '11) 3 hr WOW 12
Need 4 Pig Snouts B4 Xmas 5 hr lol 2
Josh Elliot 5 hr lol 8
toys for tots pick up??? 6 hr Qwerty 2
whos the best lookin black man in maysville (Jan '10) 8 hr truth 124
Drug testing for Kelly Services (Jun '10) 11 hr brea 73
Maysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maysville News, Events & Info