Coach Piper Lindsey ( Mason Cty Girls Basketball)

Posted in the Maysville Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Disappointed and disguste

Morehead, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2012
Now that Mason County girls basketball season is about to wrap up, what are thoughts of Piper Lindsey as coach? I know being in the stands, I hear alot of complaints and disappointed parents. Their record being 6-19. Horrible. Maybe will win a couple more games. They have lost a few girls. I heard more to come. She doesnt have the concept of basketball and how the game is played. I don't care if she played and her father is a coach, that doesnt qualify you to coach. Just very happy the season is about over..
tee3

Maysville, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2012
said very well!!!
So Sad

Morehead, KY

#3 Feb 8, 2012
Successful Coaches know their players and bring out their most potential. Coach Piper on the other hand failed to do. She has split this team up by focusing on a few. When players are injured, a good coach focuses on plan B. She failed at doing this. I dont care how this program was a mess secondary to previous coaches. My gosh, she needs to be accountable for her actions. She has been out coached, and lost touch of her team. I am not a disgruntle parent, I don't have a dog in this fight. I supported the Lady Royals for years and I think it is SO SAD that she failed this team.
tee3

Maysville, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2012
i agree there is real talent on this team but i dont know why we have lost so many games!!!!!!!!
i feel sorry for the girls.
Gotta Go Now

Morehead, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2012
Totally agree with all these comments. I have watched most of the games and shake my head on what criteria they hired this woman. I don't know her personal history and really dont care but I do know she is not a coach. Maybe in time but she should of never given the opportunity to start at this level. A good coach doesnt destroy a kids spirit and love for the game. She has managed to accomplish this with a few of the girls. Doesnt have knowledge of the game. Sorry
outside looking in

Maysville, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2012
I don't have a dog in this fight either, but after watching a couple of games, I can't believe the talent she has on the bench that hardly ever sets foot on the floor. (I know some of these girls and have followed them for a few years and I know some of them have talent). And how she will pull a player out if they make a mistake, but then she will leave other players in mistake after mistake. It seems that she has favorites. As an outsider this is what I see.
Maysville Momma

Morehead, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2012
I heard that one of the girls is looking at St Pats. One is relocating. One is flat out quitting. I find this alarming when they lost 2 girls in the last month. This coach could of had a nice team with a decent record if she took interest in the Whole team. Learn and listen to your players and assistant coaches. You cant be so stubborn with a 6-19 record.
Royal Fan

Maysville, KY

#8 Feb 8, 2012
Whichever one is looking at St Pat should be very careful. Hard to say who will be coaching there next year and they lose a lot this year. On the flipside, If they go to St Pat they will surely get playing time, since anyone who can dribble the ball will be an asset to their team. I just can't imagine that the Saints season next year will be any better than Mason's is this year. I have watched St Pat this season and their JV team does not have much promise. Add that to the fact that the school is run by a couple of idiots.... maybe the grass looks greener (it's just the shamrocks that give that illusion) but I would be very careful. just my opinion...
sports mom

Maysville, KY

#9 Feb 8, 2012
If any Varsity player wants to go to St. Pats, unless Mason County Administration releases them, they will not be eligible for 1 year, KHAA rules, unless the transfer can be proved it was caused by a parent's job related move. meant to stop nearby schools recruiting
Ummmmm

Clearfield, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2012
what college is going to look at Mason Co players with a 6-19 record....NONE - that is a shame - there is talent - but the coach does not know how to bring the talent out!
yessmm

Morehead, KY

#11 Feb 8, 2012
I dont think the kid looking at St Pats is in high school, which I think is eligble even if she has played varsity at Mason. The other young lady is probably transferring because of parents job. I assume the previous post is talking about the same girls. This is just talk and we shall see next year. I will bet another girl will quit before summer.
Go Lady Royals

Maysville, KY

#12 Feb 8, 2012
Monday night the Lady Royals beat a very talented team from Bourbon County by 20 points. The Lady Royals have made alot of improvement through the season. Maybe the coach, staff, and kids are making alot of progress and they are getting better.

Maysville, KY

#13 Feb 9, 2012
yessmm wrote:
I dont think the kid looking at St Pats is in high school, which I think is eligble even if she has played varsity at Mason. The other young lady is probably transferring because of parents job. I assume the previous post is talking about the same girls. This is just talk and we shall see next year. I will bet another girl will quit before summer.
doesn't matter, high school ot not, varsity play is varsity play
Transferring

Morehead, KY

#14 Feb 9, 2012
www wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't matter, high school ot not, varsity play is varsity play
As long as the kid did not play varsity ball as a highschooler, they are eligible to transfer. This is a KHSAA rule. Trust me, I have already checked into it.
Just curious

United States

#15 Feb 9, 2012
yessmm wrote:
so who is the young lady looking at st pat and is she good at basketball?
Bright Side

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Feb 10, 2012
Just curious wrote:
<quoted text> so who is the young lady looking at st pat and is she good at basketball?
I wasnt aware anyone was looking at St Pats. I know one is transferring to a different region. There is a couple of kids that come to mind that could possibly be looking at St Pats but I dont know if that would be the answer. For the girls sake, I hope things get better.
Just curious

Washington, DC

#17 Feb 10, 2012
Bright Side wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasnt aware anyone was looking at St Pats. I know one is transferring to a different region. There is a couple of kids that come to mind that could possibly be looking at St Pats but I dont know if that would be the answer. For the girls sake, I hope things get better.
Well I was just wondering if the girl is good at basketball and who is the young girl?. But it would not blow my mind if she does move!
Go Lady Royals

Maysville, KY

#18 Feb 10, 2012
Bright Side wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the team the performance and win Monday night against a very talented Bourbon team and the youth on this team, "things ARE getting better"!
Serioulsy

Morehead, KY

#19 Feb 10, 2012
Go Lady Royals wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the team the performance and win Monday night against a very talented Bourbon team and the youth on this team, "things ARE getting better"!
That is wonderful being optimistic but I am a realist. Was Bourbon without one of their post players? I saw a girl behind the bench with a brace on?? I think the girls are a great group of kids but seriously how can you honestly think things are getting better? As for youth, did you realize Scott had 2 6th graders playing varsity? Now that is youth.
Store

Morehead, KY

#20 Feb 10, 2012
Serioulsy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wonderful being optimistic but I am a realist. Was Bourbon without one of their post players? I saw a girl behind the bench with a brace on?? I think the girls are a great group of kids but seriously how can you honestly think things are getting better? As for youth, did you realize Scott had 2 6th graders playing varsity? Now that is youth.
A win is a WIN. You people still give her shit when she wins. She can't catch a break. Make up your minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Chaos of Madness 135,027
tony henderson 2 hr Right 22
so sick of this 4 hr pissed 5
naughty girls (Jun '13) 5 hr bigd 25
Anyone hiring 8 hr luvmyjob 6
daniella staggs and michael hunt 11 hr Really 14
kkk mason county 16 hr Lila 39
Maysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance