Drug testing for Kelly Services

Posted in the Maysville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wtf

Maysville, KY

#1 Jun 18, 2010
A friend of mine has an interview with Kelly Services with Clopay. Does anyone know what kind of drug test will be used. I have heard some people say urine and others say the hair test and some say both. Does anyone know for sure what they use in this area?
well

Ewing, KY

#2 Jun 18, 2010
i know nesco just does a pee test. i worked through them at green tokai a few years ago. 1 urine test before you go for orientation is all they did. im not sure about kelly, i would assume its the same, though, since their both temp services.
Worker

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2010
They do a hair test
well

Ewing, KY

#4 Jun 19, 2010
wow. im sorry i potentially steered you wrong then. i knew nesco only does a pee test. im glad someone knew what kelly does, and at least i know too, now. thank you, worker. =]
been there

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2010
when I worked through Kelly they just sent me for a pee test up by the hospital. That was in 07' though, they may have changed it since then
well

United States

#6 Jun 21, 2010
it depends on what the company that they are sending you to requires. Toyo Seat requires urine test. Clopay, as I have recently been told, requires hair test now. They didn't not too long ago, but they do now.
wtf

Maysville, KY

#7 Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for all your comments, this is very helpful. My friend is not too fond with having chunks of hair taken out.
just so u know

Souderton, PA

#8 Jun 21, 2010
if they are a hard worker and gets hired on full time i know for a fact they will do a hair test! sounds like to me ur worried about more then chunks of hair maybe they will read this and reconsider u being hired and give it to someone more deserving.
yea right

Maysville, KY

#9 Jun 21, 2010
i doubt they do a hair test...that would cost way to much money...i know someone who just got hired at clopay and it was a urine test...
here ya go

Maysville, KY

#10 Jun 21, 2010
i just got hired for toyo and it was a urine test!! u go near the hospital in maysville for it!!
okay

United States

#11 Jun 21, 2010
just so u know wrote:
if they are a hard worker and gets hired on full time i know for a fact they will do a hair test! sounds like to me ur worried about more then chunks of hair maybe they will read this and reconsider u being hired and give it to someone more deserving.
even if they were more concerned then hairs being pulled. People do things in the past, that goes back what? 10 years or something of the sort. That doesn't mean they didn't change, or they did at that. But if they did the hair they should do the Urin thing as well
Losers

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2010
If you're clean why would you worry anyway? Blood, urine, hair - it's all the same. It comes down to what you have to hide, right?
asking

United States

#13 Jun 22, 2010
I dont think its right to do a hair test. Ive been clean for 5 years, but before that I smoked pot, done the drug thing. So If i got a hair test I wouldnt be able to get a job for things I done in the past when I was young and dumb.
wrong

Clearfield, KY

#14 Jun 22, 2010
look it up. 1/2" of hair is about 3 months back. so if they take an inch it will go back 6 months. most places take 1 1/2" - 2 inches usually going back 9-months to a year and see what you have done. and it will show if you somked/used for the first 6 months then quit for the next 6 months. it shows alot. but not 10 years back only if you hair long enough.
groovy dancer

Morehead, KY

#15 Jun 22, 2010
I think everyone should be tested for before they are employed. To many drugs around, i know if i owned a buisness i would drug test everyone i hired and then do random drug tests at least once a month!
yeah

Clearfield, KY

#16 Jun 22, 2010
and anyone receiving Government Assistant should be tested also!
agree

United States

#17 Jun 23, 2010
KELLY used to do urine test in 2007. Also I agree with yeah, if you get goverment money,you should have to get tested every month. There are too many people getting check who smoke pot or other drugs.
wtf

Maysville, KY

#18 Jun 23, 2010
First off my friend has never done drugs in her life except what has been prescribe, which half the time isn't good for you either, but she loves her hair. Seriously! This girl has beautiful hair and is not happy about it being taken out. She and I have both done the research and they take quite a chunk out. Just because you don't want your hair removed doesn't mean you have something to hide. Some religions forbid cutting the hair and so forth. She is okay with taking a urine or saliva test but doesn't want a part of her that she loves to be taken out.
whatever

Clearfield, KY

#19 Jun 24, 2010
they dont take out chunks of hair! just a little piece and you can not tell-and they can take it from different places other than you head. if a man's hair on his head is too short they can take leg hair.
human resources

United States

#20 Jun 24, 2010
anyways they only test back up to three to six months...depends on what the company wants to do. It is possible to check back up to seven to ten years. Companies are only checking for three to six months though so if you have been clean that long then you are ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Known Fact 132,260
Update in mason county ky 5 hr LMAO 5
Were is the closest place to get synthetic Weed?? (Dec '11) 6 hr Heard 16
Lariah Werline 13 hr mooose 4
meadowview 13 hr CoWorker 7
laurel Oaks Golf Course 17 hr GoUK 32
a 25 year old dating a 15 year old. Sat amused 10
Maysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web