Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,641 - 71,660 of 81,562 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always thought that, the similarities in living in an old shack, eating cheap food, neices, disgust with the same people, coming around on others, etc etc.
I thought that as well. That poster was the first to be nice to me in the last line of his rant. Then Una followed with the niceness. We may never know for sure since it appeared that proxy was banned here. I am still not 100% sure though. I thought he had posted the same day you brought up what you found on that forum. A song "Spirit in the Sky" and a second post was immediately removed where he asked "do you know who I am". I thought that was Imposter. I guess time will tell. I know I will miss him. It just isn't the same clicking on the thread and knowing he will never be here with his unique wit. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Gee, Topix has no idea where I live. In the last 24 hours I have been in Berea, Lexington, and now Nicholasville.
I guess that old Willie Nelson song "I don't get around much anymore" does not apply to me. Maybe I am more like that one comic "I'm Moving, Moving, Moving". Know what I mean, Vern?
Hahaha, that is funny Ancient Wolf, at least they keep you in the area you live not all over the state, another state, or all the ..United States. haha I haven't heard that song in decades. I think my Dad listened to Hank Snow's version. Vern? My nephew use to lose it laughing when he got his hands slammed in the windows.

HANK SNOW & WILLIE NELSON - I'M MOVIN' ON
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Maybe tomorrow you can go back to Lexington. haha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. I slept as well as Roaming does, and here I am, once again. This thread is like a magnet--even if I resist, it pulls me to the keyboard. The only thing stronger is the bed, which is right behind me. So when I hit my forehead on the keyboard, which I frequently do, I just mozey over to the bed and drop right in. Stein is already there, snoring away. I'm going to have to kick him off so that I can make the bed.
Good morning lala. I know what you mean there. If you sent me a new email address I did not get it. OJG mentioned it in one of her emails about your new address. Did you get it figured out?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, that is funny Ancient Wolf, at least they keep you in the area you live not all over the state, another state, or all the ..United States. haha I haven't heard that song in decades. I think my Dad listened to Hank Snow's version. Vern? My nephew use to lose it laughing when he got his hands slammed in the windows.
HANK SNOW & WILLIE NELSON - I'M MOVIN' ON
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Maybe tomorrow you can go back to Lexington. haha
Hank Snow's "I'm Moving on" was the first song I learned on the guitar. My uncle taught me his own version:

The old hound dog was feeling mean til he caught his tail in the sewing machine, he's moving on.

The old Tom Cat was feeling fine til we rubbed his butt with turpentine, he's moving on.

In Honor of the Dearly Departed, I just got back from Dollar General. I think he had posted that it actually started in and around his location.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank Snow's "I'm Moving on" was the first song I learned on the guitar. My uncle taught me his own version:
The old hound dog was feeling mean til he caught his tail in the sewing machine, he's moving on.
The old Tom Cat was feeling fine til we rubbed his butt with turpentine, he's moving on.
In Honor of the Dearly Departed, I just got back from Dollar General. I think he had posted that it actually started in and around his location.
I remember that song and Hank Snow being played alot when I was young. We loved the part about the hound dog and the tom cat.

I think you are right about the Dollar Store. He would crack me up with his chili brands and prices. I am going to miss his daily dose of clean humor.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

@ Abeliever
Don't worry that I am naieve about posting on this or any other site. I often know more than I let on. I respond to all posters who address me,I remain cool and objective wherever the post is leading. If foul language is too bad, I just move on. My philosophy of responding to any poster is that I let them know that I do not get shocked,upset, or aggravated by what they are posting. It's the old adage that "you can catch a lot of flies with honey, not vinegar." That's how I got Una turned around with me. No matter what he said, I would respond with humor. I think that I fell off the wagon only once or twice. I even accepted and laughed about UNA calling me Uglylala. I guess that I want folks to know that I am not naieve at all;but I respond to trolls in my own way, and most of the time, it has served me well. But I DO thank you for your concern. It's a nice thing for friends trying to look out for one another. P.S. my hands are sitting heavily on the keyboard, as I am ready for my nap. I just had to delete the rows of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz. LOL Oglala, aka Lala Love and prayers to all.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Good mornin Everyone! Still layed over by New Orleans...Even though I had a great time I would have rather been rollin shortly after getting empty Friday at noon.

I'm learning the hard way that a two truck company is not the way to go if seeking a truck driving position. Trucking life sucks these days.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

@Abeliever: If a similar post shows up, please accept my apology because my message seems to be lost in cyberspace, at least for the moment.
Basically, I told you not to worry about my outward appearance of being naieve. I respond pleasantly, I hope, to all posters, even the suspicious or negative posters. I follow the adage of "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," One of two things then happen.. After a few of my "decent" responses, the perpetrator of negativity sees that I will not play that game, and gives up on me....They either get nicer or more vulgar. After many vulgar reponses, I just scroll on by. I never show upset, indignation, or powerfully refute their positions. I do this because this is what they DON'T want. Thank you for trying to warn me about various posters. That is kind and considerate, but I don't really need a "heads up" warning about the various posters on this thread.
Love and Prayers, from Lala
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Good mornin Everyone! Still layed over by New Orleans...Even though I had a great time I would have rather been rollin shortly after getting empty Friday at noon.
I'm learning the hard way that a two truck company is not the way to go if seeking a truck driving position. Trucking life sucks these days.
YOU pull box trailer or flat bed?

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Blessings your way, whereever you may be .. Be safe and warm all...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@ Abeliever
Don't worry that I am naieve about posting on this or any other site. I often know more than I let on. I respond to all posters who address me,I remain cool and objective wherever the post is leading. If foul language is too bad, I just move on. My philosophy of responding to any poster is that I let them know that I do not get shocked,upset, or aggravated by what they are posting. It's the old adage that "you can catch a lot of flies with honey, not vinegar." That's how I got Una turned around with me. No matter what he said, I would respond with humor. I think that I fell off the wagon only once or twice. I even accepted and laughed about UNA calling me Uglylala. I guess that I want folks to know that I am not naieve at all;but I respond to trolls in my own way, and most of the time, it has served me well. But I DO thank you for your concern. It's a nice thing for friends trying to look out for one another. P.S. my hands are sitting heavily on the keyboard, as I am ready for my nap. I just had to delete the rows of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz. LOL Oglala, aka Lala Love and prayers to all.
I agree lala, and you and Ancient Wolf set the example well, even your minor slip ups were as bad as mine. I really got the blunt of it for not doing the same. I guess I let him get to me as the time he showed up I was not in a good place. I am ashamed as far down he provoked me with all his characters i.e. Don't Care? LMBs, etc..if those were him as well. I am just glad we got passed all that. Wish it hadn't taken so long. But at peace we were laughing and posting during his last day on Earth. I knew he really liked those Godvines he mocked (Codvine)because he watched every one of them. He always commented on their contents. His favorite had to have been the ducks. We grew on him and he had to finally admit he liked us. Glad he did.

I got your new email. Hope it works out for you. I will always be your friend. We don't always have to agree. lol

Love and prayers back to you.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Hope you took out some time to have some fun. That place must of been rocking. lol Be safe in your travels and keep faith on that position. Every trucker has to pay their dues if they are not independent owners/drivers. Hang in there. Keep us posted. God Bless you and keep you safe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you took out some time to have some fun. That place must of been rocking. lol Be safe in your travels and keep faith on that position. Every trucker has to pay their dues if they are not independent owners/drivers. Hang in there. Keep us posted. God Bless you and keep you safe.
Even the owner/operators pay their dues. Box trailers require the drivers to do a lot of "dolly" work and flat bedders have to get out in all kinds of weather and climb up on the load to stretch heavy tarps. That can be dangerous in icy conditions.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
6-8 weeks out gets hard on them and the families though. We've been without a paycheck for the last 4 weeks because he took a ten day holiday. There's always one bright light: they do eventually come home. A lot of people get into the industry thinking well I might be able to take the wife and/ or the wee one along or they might expect a lot of payWhich it was keeping us ahead. Mind you, I'm not complaint I have it all: the greatest partner and healthy, beautiful children. We just count our Blessings even more during the rough times. I've been agreeing with and enjoying your posts. Hehe especially the thoughtful comments about the Codger of CodVine.;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I just had my "fun" call. Caller ID showed a # that I mistook for my son. It was a telemarketer wanting to give me "free" installation on a security system if I would let them put a sign on my lawn.

I told him I live in the boondocks and the only people seeing the sign would be hunters riding 4 wheelers or the mail lady in a JEEP.

For personal protection, I have a bad dog and what could be considered an "assault" weapon plus some pistols.

And to protect my old junky stuff, I have insurance with full replacement cost on contents and I really could use a new Lazy Boy recliner and an upgrade on my TV. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I have inadvertently used a different name on here. I didn't mean it. But I do live in a small community with an ex who does not like me and would like to cause trouble. With that said. I noticed in the Wallyworld paper that they have begun carrying that Wolf brand chili. Was thinking of trying it.I really need to go though. You all have a pleasant day...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the owner/operators pay their dues. Box trailers require the drivers to do a lot of "dolly" work and flat bedders have to get out in all kinds of weather and climb up on the load to stretch heavy tarps. That can be dangerous in icy conditions.
No disrespect there AW, I went on a couple runs, surrounding states, no long hauls. I seen all the hard work owner/operators do. I don't know how they do it, let alone long hauls and being away from their families. I meant for someone starting out or back at the bottom of list in a company. That moving up concept while getting better runs, trucks, etc..or working for that rig of their own. It is one of the most unappreciative professions out there. They are a unique bunch and we would grind to a halt without them.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I just had my "fun" call. Caller ID showed a # that I mistook for my son. It was a telemarketer wanting to give me "free" installation on a security system if I would let them put a sign on my lawn.
I told him I live in the boondocks and the only people seeing the sign would be hunters riding 4 wheelers or the mail lady in a JEEP.
For personal protection, I have a bad dog and what could be considered an "assault" weapon plus some pistols.
And to protect my old junky stuff, I have insurance with full replacement cost on contents and I really could use a new Lazy Boy recliner and an upgrade on my TV. LOL
Couldn't resist...one man's junk is another's treasure. So, if they don't like your stuff or your attitude phooey on em. I would call that quarter Paradise;) Good afternoon AW .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
I have inadvertently used a different name on here. I didn't mean it. But I do live in a small community with an ex who does not like me and would like to cause trouble. With that said. I noticed in the Wallyworld paper that they have begun carrying that Wolf brand chili. Was thinking of trying it.I really need to go though. You all have a pleasant day...
Stay away from the Wolf Brand chili, it is awful. I think it is way too spicy and covered in grease.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I am off to go do some construtive. I have had enough online time. Caught up with topix, emails and facebook. Time to put in some time on laundry.

Have a great afternoon. Check back later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Maysville Forum right now

Search the Maysville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min sammy sarcasm 147,109
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min ChromiuMan 129,017
Ky legalizing pot (Jan '14) 1 hr Legal 71
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
Who is the best children's photographer in the ... (Aug '13) 7 hr QueenB 15
crowe bar 7 hr Lisa 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Maysville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maysville People Search