Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72351 Oct 15, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Hi, Abeliever. Glad I caught you posting. It's a pretty quiet day. Hate to see winter coming on, though. I'm definitely a summer person, and I missed this year's summer totally. Oh, well, I'm gradually getting better. I chuckle when I hear about AW's chickens, following him to their new home. Years ago, I had a flock of chickens. When it came time to cook them for dinner, we couldn't eat our "friends." So the chickens all lived to a ripe old age. The last one lived until she was 17 years old. Not kidding. When our kids were young, we had to bring "Frisky" the chicken in the cellar when we had an old fashioned New England "nor'easter." That old hen happily ruled the roost for a LONG time.
I love the quiet day I get today. Although I have been busy doing laundry/dishes/housework I plan on being lazy today. Don't have to work, be anywhere, see anyone, pick anyone up...I am settled in for the day. Monday is my TV night, The Voice, Hawaii 5-0, and late night comedy. Still tired from an active weekend nonstop.

I know what you mean about eating "friends". I have some friends that get attached to even their cows. I always told my husband when he hunted that he had to clean them because I don't want to eat something I met. lol I never knew how they could aim and shot at a beautiful deer with those eyes. I can cook it and eat it, but don't want to meet it. lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72359 Oct 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I went to the chicken house today with a bucket of treats and one small chicken jumped up on my bucket and a 2nd one not to be outdone, jumped up on my shoulder and a 3rd one said "I can do better than that" and jumped up on top of my hat. LOL
How sweet, AW! I had a little banty RIR rooster one time, a tiny little thing he was. He had such gorgeous little feathers on his feet that almost resembled boots, hehe. He was so lovable. His banty wife "Chick" would follow close behind me while "Noodle" rode shotgun on my shoulder when I was outside doing chores. You couldn't sit outside on the porch without him in your lap. God's creatures, lol. So comical sometimes!! Company used to come over wanting a pic of them with him in their lap. He was such a pretty bird with all of his coloring and those long black tail feathers so sleek and shiny.
Good memories....
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72360 Oct 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I went to the chicken house today with a bucket of treats and one small chicken jumped up on my bucket and a 2nd one not to be outdone, jumped up on my shoulder and a 3rd one said "I can do better than that" and jumped up on top of my hat. LOL
I have seen some chickens act like children. hahaha That is too cute.

Did you see where they were cashing in on the election? Too funny. Like the UK/UL bottles. Red State Bourbon or Blue State Bourbon. The first has a elephant on its label, the other, a donkey. Both bottles have the same hand-crafted bourbon whiskey inside, made in Bardstown, Kentucky.

Also, there was an article on booze, Lincoln and the Civil War

How Booze Built America: Lincoln and Booze

"How Booze Built America" looks at just how great a role alcohol played in the life of Abraham Lincoln.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/lincol...

Hope you are having a fine day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72361 Oct 15, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, that's awesome!! Thanks for the post!
Hi "Nope", I enjoyed all your posts in the past as I do now and don't believe you live in California. That rumor being a MOD started with one of them. I loved your story about your rooster and chickens. too cute

I hope you have a blessed day too!:)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#72366 Oct 15, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lala. I read about that eyeball washing onshore. A bit sad really. Considering the size of it and all, it must have been a majestic creature until it's death. To have lived long enough to have reached that size? It certainly must have been massive. I'm sure they'll ID it soon and tell the media what kind of sea creature it came from.
I wonder if they'll be able to test for a cause of death, for instance if it died from disease caused by pollution, etc.
(And if they do find out, would they tell us)?
Good afternoon to everyone else also, by the way! I read an earlier post from someone saying I lived in Cali and was a Mod? I surely hope we don't have to start rehashing that old argument again on here. It's gotten so redundant at this point. If I was so terribly worried about a comment count on here, don't you think I'd gray box my ID and then start posting my tail off with off topic drivel?? After all, a click is a click as far as the ad revenue goes, is it not?
LOL!
By the way, the storm missed us here too. At about 10 o'clock or so the rain hit the roof HARD. Could barely hear the t.v. for only about 60 seconds and then it stopped as quickly as it started. Had a little tiny cloud burst overhead and then it was gone. One of the stranger storms I've seen pass through my part of Kentucky.
(Yes, Kentucky. Not California).
Okay, well it's pizza pie day in our house. Time to get my tail in gear and do some housework before we head out for dinner.
Later taters!!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
I was watching a documentary recently about giant jellyfish off the coast of Japan. Apparently it reproduces at a rapid rate and and is growing much faster than normal. They do not know how to reduce the number of these creatures, and it is decimating the Japanese fishing industry. These mutated jellyfish are disturbing the ecosystem in the area, and clog the fishermen's nets with their numbers.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72367 Oct 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Nope", I enjoyed all your posts in the past as I do now and don't believe you live in California. That rumor being a MOD started with one of them. I loved your story about your rooster and chickens. too cute
I hope you have a blessed day too!:)
Hi AB. I just finished the dishes then swept and mopped the kitchen, so I sat down to enjoy a glass of iced tea while the floor dries.

Thanks for the kind words. Really though, the rumors started in my home town forums a couple of years ago. We all decided that we'd start to really keep up on and turn in threads that were abusive. After the Mods started taking them down is when it went viral.. We all know that it's rare when Mods join in on a really mundane thread.(Sometimes will, but it's rare). In this particular case they didn't and that's when a few haters started getting riled and decided that it must have been me, lol.

Not a bother. I liked this bird thread last year, specially the prepper advice that was started until it got hijacked. There is another thread on here that pops up occasionally about prepping and it's been ok so far.

I wish we could get back to some more of that thing on here once in a while. We all need all the helpful tidbits of advice we can gather because IT IS going to hit the fan eventually. Americans are much to spo8led with our easy lives..

We constantly see in the news how hated we are by other countries and we hear the rumors of impending attack against us almost daily. But it's just like a looming hurricane down south, they send warnings but people are so used to them that they rarely act in a manner that protects them adequately. Then when it's too late, they're lucky if they lived through it..

Bad days are coming. Those that don't prepare are going to either die or turn to crime in order to survive...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72370 Oct 15, 2012
Hi lala..(((Hugs))), I read that story too. Scary. I figured it was from the big earthquake that hit and whatever leaked into the ocean from the nuclear plants. Pretty sad. Wildlife seems to gone amuck in several places. Poor bears are in the news every day mingling with people and their property. Hungry and being pushed out of their natural habitat no doubt.

NOPE, I agree about the thread getting on track. There is alot going on we need to prepare for and be aware of. I loved all the prepper lists and tips on being safe and prepared. Earthquakes are a big threat as Earth changes. December is the 201st anniversary of the big Madrid Fault Earthquake and they said it would probably go again every 200 or 300 years. Hope it is the 300 year prediction but that Mayan Prophecy makes me wonder. I don't think it will be the end, but it could be for some people just in a scenario such as that. With winter coming I hope while we are feeling cabin fever that some will join back in if the nastiness continues to be removed or they move on to another thread to stalk. This has always been my favorite thread. This is the only one I made friends on and email with some of them. We know alot about each other, shared pictures, history, family etc...I know some still read, but haven't posted because of the hijack, maybe they will come back. I post a comment now and then on issues cloes to home I feel passionate about, but that is all. Don't interact with the posters like here and don't follow them daily or anything. I don't have time or the desire to do so. I love this thread and all that I have learned from it last year and treasure my friendships with some.

You are right, I think bad days are coming too. There is so much targetting us, whether human, space, or natural disasters. It would be wise to pay attention and try to protect yourself and loved ones. Some of us get that.:)

I am almost done with all my chores and now going to go out and get some fresh air and sunshine. It is cool, but a beautiful day. We are blessed.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72371 Oct 15, 2012
A couple BIRD stories:

Hate this one about the chickens, sorry Anicient Wolf, but I thought it was interesting how these chickens are like service dogs helping this child. I hope they find who did it and chastise and convict them for such cruelty. Satan working no doubt.

Autistic toddler's beloved therapy chickens beheaded by awful person

J.J. Hart doesn't know what happened to his "ducks" yet. The autistic toddler's parents kept several chickens in their backyard, feathered friends that the Harts credit with helping the 2-year-old to start vocalizing and expressing himself. The DeBary, Fla., family was fighting local officials over the right to keep the chickens, which the city called a "public nuisance." Although the community sided with the Harts ("My dog is more annoying," one neighbor said), an unspeakably cruel creature killed the chickens over the weekend, slashing all of their heads off. "I don't know how he's going to react to this," J.J.'s mom, Ashley, said. "I don't know if he is even going to be able to understand." [Source]
http://now.msn.com/jj-hart-toddler-doesnt-kno...

This judgmental bird thinks you are far from all that
5 hrs ago
Got a new job? Were you given a raise? Lost 20 pounds? Won a Nobel Prize? Met the love of your life? Sorry, but whatever amazing thing you've achieved lately does not impress this tawny frogmouth. Not one bit. This intimidating Australian bird has a range of facial expressions, all of which are judgmental. Damningly so. Looking at this guy too often could really screw with your self-esteem.
http://now.msn.com/tawny-frogmouth-looks-unim...

Recommend, Share, Tweet....is recommended for both articles. No copyright reserved.

I love this bird. What an attitude he has. hahahaha Enjoy!

*Posting an article that discusses alcohol does not promote it. I don't drink!!! At least not on a daily, weekly basis. lol, My drinking consist of a glass of wine or a fruity sweet drink once or twice a year during the holidays or a wedding. I am always the DD. Just so you know.
Saragon

United States

#72400 Oct 15, 2012
@Abeliever, the website Paradigms Bend will open with Mozilla Firefox. I can not get it to open with Internet Explorer.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72406 Oct 15, 2012
Saragon wrote:
@Abeliever, the website Paradigms Bend will open with Mozilla Firefox. I can not get it to open with Internet Explorer.
Hi Saragon.((HUGS)), sure have missed you too. Still out fishing with the hubby before the weather prevents it? I bet you have been busy canning and getting ready for the winter. How is the family? Everytime I see a fish story I wonder if you seen it too. Like the big blue eye lala was talking about on the news they think is a swordfish's discarded by a fisherman cutting it up.

Thank you for that info. I will try that. I wondered if the gov't had shut them down so people didn't get too panicky seeing the MASS deaths.

I hope you are doing great and will come back and post again as the undesirables are being lead away. Hopefully we can go back to good conversations again. It would be nice with winter coming up soon and I so enjoyed it when the thread was going strong about interesting topics. Take care of yourself. I still have the same email if you want to email me or the others and catch up.

Love, hugs, and blessing to you and yours.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72408 Oct 15, 2012
Looking forward to watching Revolution tonight. I like that it is similiar to LOST. He does good work. If there was an EMP attack or solar flare take down the grid...this could be some of our's story. lol Laughing nervously. Could happen.

Hope you all enjoy your evening.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72434 Oct 15, 2012
Group HUG!:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#72440 Oct 15, 2012
Nothing going on here, AGAIN.
R Evolution

Mount Sterling, KY

#72449 Oct 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Looking forward to watching Revolution tonight. I like that it is similiar to LOST. He does good work. If there was an EMP attack or solar flare take down the grid...this could be some of our's story. lol Laughing nervously. Could happen.
Hope you all enjoy your evening.
great episode tonight, it's starting to get real interesting now.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72450 Oct 15, 2012
I end up missing it. My sister stopped by and we end up watching Hawaii 5-0 since she missed last week's Revolution. So I will watch it tomorrow.

The group hug was for you and the poster making fun of the ((hugs)) for Saragon and lala. I posted that when I looked up an email for my sister and popped on topix before exiting to see if Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala or you were on. Big gaps.

What do you think about the warning by McCain and Panetta have been saying about the EMP potential and cyber attack? Not the solar flare kind. Wow. Revolution takes on a whole new meaning now..lol

Hope you are having a good week so far.
R Evolution

Mount Sterling, KY

#72451 Oct 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
I end up missing it. My sister stopped by and we end up watching Hawaii 5-0 since she missed last week's Revolution. So I will watch it tomorrow.
The group hug was for you and the poster making fun of the ((hugs)) for Saragon and lala. I posted that when I looked up an email for my sister and popped on topix before exiting to see if Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala or you were on. Big gaps.
What do you think about the warning by McCain and Panetta have been saying about the EMP potential and cyber attack? Not the solar flare kind. Wow. Revolution takes on a whole new meaning now..lol
Hope you are having a good week so far.
always keep in mind the possibility of fear-mongering and false flag attack to achieve a desired agenda which usually means more control for the powers that be. Sure it is always possible that our enemies want to attack us, but what has prevented them from doing that in the past? For instance, we lived in fear of the Communist threat from Russia and the possibility of a mutual assured nuclear annihilation during the arms race and the cold war, and fortunately it never happened, but nonetheless the fear and uncertainty was always there. It is my belief that the New World Order is already in its final stages of being completed and although we are led to believe that the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians are our enemies, at the highest levels of government this is only a show and conflicts are staged to achieve their agenda which is a one world government and the consolidation of power by the world banks and military-industrial-congressio nal complex. Remember that war is the only way to silence dissent and very often these wars are manufactured by creating fear in order to expedite the process of quelling dissent.
This goes back to our discussion of the Hegelian dialectic which OJG and discussed at length last year. Remember the triad of problem-reaction-solution. They create the problem (conflict) and anticipate the reaction (fear as we give up our liberty for security) and they provide the solution (war followed by more control over the entire planet). We should have learned this lesson from history with WWI and WWII because after each one more power was consolidated to the emerging one world government. Now they are preparing for WWIII which has been planned for over 2 centuries as the final step to the NWO. It will not surprise me if there is an EMP attack or cyber warfare that will be blamed on our 'enemies' which will inevitably lead to war. It may even be done in order to quell dissent within this country. We must be cognizant of these possibilities and do everything we can to prevent our government from leading us into WWIII. In other words, humanity as a whole must evolve out of the war mindset. Evolution not revolution.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#72452 Oct 15, 2012
The hen is one of the smartest of all creatures in that it knows not to cackle until AFTER the egg is laid... Abraham Lincoln
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#72453 Oct 16, 2012
"Don't count your chickens before they hatch" was first quoted by Thomas Howell in 1570 in an Olde English sonnet:

"Count not thy Chickens that vnhatched be,
waye wordes as winde,
till thou finde certaintee"
Max

Ashland, KY

#72455 Oct 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lala. I read about that eyeball washing onshore. A bit sad really. Considering the size of it and all, it must have been a majestic creature until it's death. To have lived long enough to have reached that size? It certainly must have been massive. I'm sure they'll ID it soon and tell the media what kind of sea creature it came from.
I wonder if they'll be able to test for a cause of death, for instance if it died from disease caused by pollution, etc.
(And if they do find out, would they tell us)?
Good afternoon to everyone else also, by the way! I read an earlier post from someone saying I lived in Cali and was a Mod? I surely hope we don't have to start rehashing that old argument again on here. It's gotten so redundant at this point. If I was so terribly worried about a comment count on here, don't you think I'd gray box my ID and then start posting my tail off with off topic drivel?? After all, a click is a click as far as the ad revenue goes, is it not?
LOL!
By the way, the storm missed us here too. At about 10 o'clock or so the rain hit the roof HARD. Could barely hear the t.v. for only about 60 seconds and then it stopped as quickly as it started. Had a little tiny cloud burst overhead and then it was gone. One of the stranger storms I've seen pass through my part of Kentucky.
(Yes, Kentucky. Not California).
Okay, well it's pizza pie day in our house. Time to get my tail in gear and do some housework before we head out for dinner.
Later taters!!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
Didn't you hear? What ever Being it was, it died from Bush's Fault. Been going around for four years now. They are hoping for a cure sometime next month.
If a cure is not found , The Bush's Fault disease will become an epidermic and will destroy many people all over this country. The 'Bush's fault' disease is also called Communism, in case you want to look it up.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#72457 Oct 16, 2012
Good morning, Ancient Wolf, Abeliever, and new posters. It looks like it will be a beautiful day. Hope all is well with everyone. I'll stop in later and chat a bit, if I get some free time. Lala

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 55 min SistaNoneYa 138,164
Does anyone know anything about Why Tommy Jones... 5 hr Carry 1
amy royce (Dec '10) 6 hr What 46
Tasha Lang (Jul '11) 6 hr You know better 21
Misty Wallingford and Tiffany Hook (police or n... 6 hr Hords woman 5
Tiffany and Misty 6 hr Hords woman 20
Wondering 9 hr Curious 1
More from around the web

Maysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]