First Prev
of 6
Next Last
u r moron

Maysville, KY

#1 Feb 2, 2012
i would love to know why teachers have to send hours of homework home with 1st graders? im serious!!!! what is your all problem? this child is in the 1st grade. mon we work on homework 1 hr tues we work on homewrok 1hr wed 2 hrs thurs its going to be another 2 hrs. dont you all realize parents dont work the damn school schedule we work all day then come home to 2-3 hours of homework. Are you all serious? what the hell are you all doing all day? when i was in school the best teachers i had never gave homework you know why? because they taught us there. Mrs. hughes, Mrs. risner. Mrs. kegley. thats right they did their job and we learned. Never homework. you teachers these days senfd all this homework and while your in the classroom you sit on the phone texting or on the computer. we as parents dont get teachers pay. or maybe you think everybody is on welfare in this town. well wake up were not. Good teachers dont have to give homework and if this keeps up. im going to the school board or further up with other parents and demand your pay. Im sick of doing your job and not getting paid. maybe i'll take him out of public school and put him somehwere where they teach them. GOOD TEACHERS DONT HAVE TO GIVE HOMEWORK. JUST ASK SOME OF THE OLDER TEACHERS. GOOD TEACHERS DONT GIVE HOMEWORK. Lazy ass snobs.
Time

Newport, KY

#2 Feb 2, 2012
Looking at your writing, I would say you needed homework. Go to the board, and realize how ridiculous you are.
David

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Feb 2, 2012
I agree 100 percent with moron. Something needs to be done. A kids cannot be a kid anymore. They get he do their homework, eat then it's time to go to bed. I feel sorry for the kids. It's been like this ever since my kid started and it keeps getting worse.
Blue

Morehead, KY

#4 Feb 2, 2012
David wrote:
I agree 100 percent with moron. Something needs to be done. A kids cannot be a kid anymore. They get he do their homework, eat then it's time to go to bed. I feel sorry for the kids. It's been like this ever since my kid started and it keeps getting worse.
Could it be all the NCLB bull@#$% that the schools have to following now a days? Not to mention, all the testing. Like if it's not on the test, it doesn't get taught.
WOW

Maysville, KY

#5 Feb 3, 2012
American children are so far behind. I think they need to go on Saturdays. LEARN LEARN LEARN. You should be grateful for teachers and our school system caring that your children are being pushed hard. We need to make America a better place and the future is with our kids. They need to be smart! You sound so stupid 'moron'
SoSad

United States

#6 Feb 3, 2012
There is nothing wrong with homework, nor does it mean the teacher is lazy. While most of us may make off-hand comments from time to time because our children have homework every night (including Fridays) the only "parents" who complain like the individual who started this thread are simply mad because they are expected to do their job as a parent and help their child with their school work. The school system cannot and should not be everything to our children. We are their parents and it's sad to see children whose parents don't participate more in their school lives.
Mason County schools dad

Maysville, KY

#7 Feb 3, 2012
u r moron wrote:
i would love to know why teachers have to send hours of homework home with 1st graders? im serious!!!! what is your all problem? this child is in the 1st grade. mon we work on homework 1 hr tues we work on homewrok 1hr wed 2 hrs thurs its going to be another 2 hrs. dont you all realize parents dont work the damn school schedule we work all day then come home to 2-3 hours of homework. Are you all serious? what the hell are you all doing all day? when i was in school the best teachers i had never gave homework you know why? because they taught us there. Mrs. hughes, Mrs. risner. Mrs. kegley. thats right they did their job and we learned. Never homework. you teachers these days senfd all this homework and while your in the classroom you sit on the phone texting or on the computer. we as parents dont get teachers pay. or maybe you think everybody is on welfare in this town. well wake up were not. Good teachers dont have to give homework and if this keeps up. im going to the school board or further up with other parents and demand your pay. Im sick of doing your job and not getting paid. maybe i'll take him out of public school and put him somehwere where they teach them. GOOD TEACHERS DONT HAVE TO GIVE HOMEWORK. JUST ASK SOME OF THE OLDER TEACHERS. GOOD TEACHERS DONT GIVE HOMEWORK. Lazy ass snobs.
You sound like a complete idiot! I have an eight year old boy myself that has to do at least an hour of homework but you don't hear me crying about having to do it. It's not like the teachers are giving them the homework to punish them; do you really think that the teachers enjoy sitting down and grading twenty different students' homework every single day? The purpose of homework is for the student to have a chance to practice what they have been learning at school so they will hopefully understand the school work better. I know I don't want my son growing up and typing with bad grammar like you have done. I don't think anybody necessarily enjoys sitting down for over an hour to do homework with their kids but most people UNDERSTAND why they have the homework. I would love to see you go to the school board and look like a fool. Get a life.
u r moron

Maysville, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2012
Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Could it be all the NCLB bull@#$% that the schools have to following now a days? Not to mention, all the testing. Like if it's not on the test, it doesn't get taught.
Awhhh. You must be one of the useless teachers, that give all that kind of homework. See I do know how to write. Why? Because I had excellent teachers. LOLOLOL So glad it wasn't you.
u r moron

Maysville, KY

#9 Feb 3, 2012
SoSad wrote:
There is nothing wrong with homework, nor does it mean the teacher is lazy. While most of us may make off-hand comments from time to time because our children have homework every night (including Fridays) the only "parents" who complain like the individual who started this thread are simply mad because they are expected to do their job as a parent and help their child with their school work. The school system cannot and should not be everything to our children. We are their parents and it's sad to see children whose parents don't participate more in their school lives.
you dont haVE A CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I WORK 8 HRS A DAY THE KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL 8 HOURS A DAY .NOW WHY IS ALL THE HOMEWORK. WE CANT TEACH THEM VALUES BECAUSE ALL THE HOMEWORK TAKES UP AL THE TIME. WE CANT TAKE THEM TO CHURCH BECAUSE THEIR DOING HOMEWORK FOR MONDAY THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IS JUST ALMOST USELESS TODAY. IF THE TEACHERS DID THEIR JOB THERE WOULD BE NO HOMEWROK.WHAT YOU GOING TO DO WHEN ITS ALL ONLINE WHICH WOULD BE EASIER IF WERE GOING TO HAVE TO DO HOMEWORK 3 HRS A NIGHT ANYWAY. WHAT DO WE NEED YOU ALL FOR. ONLINE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER AND CHEAPER. THEN WE WOULDNT GET PAPERS AND NOTES WANTING MONEY EVERY OTHER DAY. I RAISED MY SON. HE GRADUATED WITH 4.0 GPA 1ST IN CLASS WITH SCJHOLARSHIPS. NOT MUCH HOMEWROK AT ALL. IM RAISING OTHER KIDS NOW 2-3 HOURS OF HOMEWORK EVERY NIGHT SO YOU TELL ME WHOS DOING WHOS JOB? YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM NOT THE PARENTS. NOW WHO DONT KNOW ANYTHING. THE KIDS ARE NOT BEING TAUGHT WELL AT SCHOOL THATS WHY THEIR BEHIND. THATS WHY AMERICA KIDS ARE BEHIND THE SCHOOL SYSTEM HAS WENT TO HELL. THE TEACHERS DONT WANT TO DO THEIR JOB. INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL STARTED GUITAR PRACTICE IT LASTED TO DECEMBER NOW THE STORY I GET HE STARTED A KARATE CLASS TO HELL WITH THE STUDENTS THAT WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE GUITAR CLASSES. BUT YOU ALL ARE NOT WRONG ARE YOU? I DIDNT HAVE ALL THIS HOMEWORK AND I WENT TO COLLEGE AND NEVER GOT BEHIND. MY SON NEVER HAD ALL THIS HOMEWORK AND DID QUITE WELL IN SCHOOL AND NOW AS A GROWN MAN. HES DONE QUTIE WELL. SO YOU TELL ME WHATS THE PROBLEM. ITS NOT NEAR AS MUCH OF THE GOOD DECENT PARENTS AS IT IS YOU ALL. YES THERE ARE BAD PARENTS OUT THERE THATS WHY IM RAISING SOMEONE ELSES KIDS. BUT ITS NOT ALL OF US. TRY WORKING 8-9 HOURS YOURSELF THEN COME HOME TO 2-3 HOURS OF HOMEWORK. SEE YOUR DAY IS DONE WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT. OURS IS NOT. BUT IF YOU WAS VERY SMART YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.I KNOW ONE THING IF IT DONT STOP I'LL TAKE THEM AND PUT THEM IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL;.WHEPS THERE GOES SOME MONEY OUT OF YOUR ALLS POCKETS. BETTER RETHINK IT.
u r moron

Maysville, KY

#10 Feb 3, 2012
Mason County schools dad wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a complete idiot! I have an eight year old boy myself that has to do at least an hour of homework but you don't hear me crying about having to do it. It's not like the teachers are giving them the homework to punish them; do you really think that the teachers enjoy sitting down and grading twenty different students' homework every single day? The purpose of homework is for the student to have a chance to practice what they have been learning at school so they will hopefully understand the school work better. I know I don't want my son growing up and typing with bad grammar like you have done. I don't think anybody necessarily enjoys sitting down for over an hour to do homework with their kids but most people UNDERSTAND why they have the homework. I would love to see you go to the school board and look like a fool.
Get a life.
GET A LIFE YOURSELF EVERYONE I TALK TO SAYS THE SAME THING UNLESS THEY WORK FOR THE SCHOOL SYSTEM. LIKE YOU. MINE IS 7. THERES NO NEED FOR ALL THIS HOMEWORK . THERE IN SCHOOL ALLL DAY IM AT WORK ALL DAY. ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPENDING AN HOUR WITH THEM. GROW UP AND GET A JOB INSTEAD OF STAYING AT HOME AND BEING MR. MOM. THEY HAVE TO EAT DINNER. WHO GETS TO FIX THAT? THEY HAVE TO RUN A BATH. WHO GETS TO DO THAT? ITS ME BUT OF COURSE YOU DONT THINK ABOUT THAT. THEN I SIT DOWN AND READ TO THEM SEPERATELY. THEN GET UP AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. EVERYTHING AROUND THE HOUSE DONT GET DONE BY ITSELF SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT. IF THE OLDER TEACHERS COULD DO IT THEY COULD TODAY. IVE NEVER SEEN A CHILD IN THE 1ST GRADE IN MY LIFE BRING HOME SOME OF THE STUFF THIS CHILD BRINGS HOME FOR HOMEWORK AND AS MUCH. THE LITTLE GIRL NEVER DID.THEN YOU ASK WHAT IS THE TEACHER DOING? ON THE COMPUTER OR ON THE CELL PHONE. SO KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU TALK. BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE.
Paul

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Feb 3, 2012
Amen, u r moron! Stand up to them. The teachers remind of bullies in school! Likes to give home work because they can!!! I have three in school and I don't get to spend family time with then because they are doing homework for two hours a night. And my oldest has to read every night for some kind of ar points???? Shew my blood pressures up now.
parent

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Feb 3, 2012
Homework is beneficial to your child. If your child is bringing home 2 hours of homework every night that tells me they aren't using their time wisely in school to complete assignments. I'm sure the teacher goes over the material and gives the students time in class to practice the lesson. The problem we have here are parents who don't support their childs learning in school and want to blame everyone else. When is the last time you sat down and read a book together or practiced multiplication or addition problems with flash cards? Do you sit together at night when dinner is served and ask about their day? Do you offer encouragement to your child, or talk mean and demand them to do things? How you treat your child is how they will respond to you and this will impact their view of school and their relationship with you. If they don't like school its probably because of what they see and hear in the home. They are behind academically because no one took the time to help them early on. When your child is frustrated with school, they tend to find interest in things that they are good at or fun. This takes their mind off of the fact that they don't measure up to other students and are behind. In a nutshell, they give up on school. School becomes boring for them and a chore. Come on parents, its your job to teach your children the value of education and to support them. I don't blame the school (I'm not a teacher). There have been many sucessful, well educated students that have come out of the same classroom as your child. The difference is their parents were involved in their lives and encouraged them to do their best. The parent(s) complaining about the school system should first examine what they have done to help.
Uhmmm

Clearfield, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2012
I agree with you 'parent'- there are some really stupid people out there- example: u r moron, Paul, David all are very stupid people....Don't you guys want the best for you children...why are you complaining about sitting down with you child for a couple of hours at night? Maybe the child enjoys your company and your help with their homework?? It is called quality time- try it - you just might learn something too...lmao you people are a joke. I feel sorry for your children- they will be so behind.
you will be sorry

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Feb 3, 2012
Uhmmm wrote:
I agree with you 'parent'- there are some really stupid people out there- example: u r moron, Paul, David all are very stupid people....Don't you guys want the best for you children...why are you complaining about sitting down with you child for a couple of hours at night? Maybe the child enjoys your company and your help with their homework?? It is called quality time- try it - you just might learn something too...lmao you people are a joke. I feel sorry for your children- they will be so behind.
Better they are home doing homework. Would parents want them with all this free time to play games on internet or out running the streets. Some kids aren't taught what it takes to get out in the work force and that's why they can't count you change with out a computer telling them what to give you. It will be a sad world when the generation takes over to run things and they can't function without a calculator or common sense. School never hurt anyone and neither did hard work. You better learn all you can on how to deal and handle situations and how to work hard if you haven't got a silver spoon in your mouth. Even those find out people finally get tired of stupidity. If you have a good teacher you are very lucky. A good teacher not only teaches you but shows by example and praises you for your accomplishments. A bad one just doesn't care if you get your work done or not.
u r moron

Maysville, KY

#15 Feb 3, 2012
well apparently they aren"t learning it at school. so all the teachers kids and teachers dont have a clue what a family does at night after they work all day.no one has still( parent) answered why so much homework. its bgecause you dont have an answer. i constantly sit down and ask about their day if its any of your business. you dont have a clue about my family. good teachers dont have to give homework plain and simple. these teachers on here right now at school looking at this acting like their someone else. pathetic!!!! if my teachers did it and my sons teachers did it and we were taught right. thats saying sometyhing about this generation of teachers. go back to the class room before mr. moore catches you.
Paul

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Feb 3, 2012
Uhmmm wrote:
All three of my kids and my wife and I sit down at the kitchen table and help them with their homework. It's just the fact they are crying that this is all they ever get done. It hurts my feelings that they go to school for 8 hours to do school work then they head home just to do 2 more hours of homework. They want a break from school, like you want a break from work!!!!
parent

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Feb 3, 2012
You think Teachers are full of energy when they get home from work? Most have children too and their children have the same homework assignments as yours. Try substitute teaching just one day and walk in their shoes. It's one of the hardest jobs around. Take a classroom of 20 elementary children for 7 hours and you'll change your opinion really quick. If you feel so strongly about the homework situation, why don't you contact the teacher and set up a meeting instead of blasting them on here. Again, I'm not a teacher, but I am involved with my childs education and attend functions at the school. I'm sure if you stress to the teacher your concerns about time and you being tired from work something can be worked out. The problem with most people is that they don't communicate and jump to conclusions instead of sitting down and having an intelligent discussion instead of ranting and raving. That solves nothing and never will. In fact, if you go into the school with that attitude the staff there will politely listen to you and then when you leave they'll say "well, that was a waste of my time". Parents, its your job to take care of your child, nobody else loves them as much as you do. You can't expect the school system to fix all the world's problems.
Hate this

Morehead, KY

#18 Feb 3, 2012
u r moron wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont haVE A CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I WORK 8 HRS A DAY THE KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL 8 HOURS A DAY .NOW WHY IS ALL THE HOMEWORK. WE CANT TEACH THEM VALUES BECAUSE ALL THE HOMEWORK TAKES UP AL THE TIME. WE CANT TAKE THEM TO CHURCH BECAUSE THEIR DOING HOMEWORK FOR MONDAY THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IS JUST ALMOST USELESS TODAY. IF THE TEACHERS DID THEIR JOB THERE WOULD BE NO HOMEWROK.WHAT YOU GOING TO DO WHEN ITS ALL ONLINE WHICH WOULD BE EASIER IF WERE GOING TO HAVE TO DO HOMEWORK 3 HRS A NIGHT ANYWAY. WHAT DO WE NEED YOU ALL FOR. ONLINE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER AND CHEAPER. THEN WE WOULDNT GET PAPERS AND NOTES WANTING MONEY EVERY OTHER DAY. I RAISED MY SON. HE GRADUATED WITH 4.0 GPA 1ST IN CLASS WITH SCJHOLARSHIPS. NOT MUCH HOMEWROK AT ALL. IM RAISING OTHER KIDS NOW 2-3 HOURS OF HOMEWORK EVERY NIGHT SO YOU TELL ME WHOS DOING WHOS JOB? YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM NOT THE PARENTS. NOW WHO DONT KNOW ANYTHING. THE KIDS ARE NOT BEING TAUGHT WELL AT SCHOOL THATS WHY THEIR BEHIND. THATS WHY AMERICA KIDS ARE BEHIND THE SCHOOL SYSTEM HAS WENT TO HELL. THE TEACHERS DONT WANT TO DO THEIR JOB. INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL STARTED GUITAR PRACTICE IT LASTED TO DECEMBER NOW THE STORY I GET HE STARTED A KARATE CLASS TO HELL WITH THE STUDENTS THAT WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE GUITAR CLASSES. BUT YOU ALL ARE NOT WRONG ARE YOU? I DIDNT HAVE ALL THIS HOMEWORK AND I WENT TO COLLEGE AND NEVER GOT BEHIND. MY SON NEVER HAD ALL THIS HOMEWORK AND DID QUITE WELL IN SCHOOL AND NOW AS A GROWN MAN. HES DONE QUTIE WELL. SO YOU TELL ME WHATS THE PROBLEM. ITS NOT NEAR AS MUCH OF THE GOOD DECENT PARENTS AS IT IS YOU ALL. YES THERE ARE BAD PARENTS OUT THERE THATS WHY IM RAISING SOMEONE ELSES KIDS. BUT ITS NOT ALL OF US. TRY WORKING 8-9 HOURS YOURSELF THEN COME HOME TO 2-3 HOURS OF HOMEWORK. SEE YOUR DAY IS DONE WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT. OURS IS NOT. BUT IF YOU WAS VERY SMART YOU WOULD KNOW THAT.I KNOW ONE THING IF IT DONT STOP I'LL TAKE THEM AND PUT THEM IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL;.WHEPS THERE GOES SOME MONEY OUT OF YOUR ALLS POCKETS. BETTER RETHINK IT.
I usually hate to get in the middle of these debates, but I do have to say that there is one major flaw in your argument here. What teacher's day is done when school lets out? That's just silly. Seriously. There is so much more to teaching than working 8-3 like most people assume.

Since: Jan 11

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Feb 3, 2012
mason county schools are a JOKE they dont work with your kids at all an GOD FOR BID they are a spechel needs kid you got your hands full with the teachers in mason county struab is a freaken joke an now im seeing that the mcis is a joke to they dont care send 2 an 3 hours of home work home with the kids an if the child cant get it done the teachers have a cow an dont try calling the teacher an asking any thing they rip your head off well you should know this an not be calling me a bothering me about it well sorry i thought it was your job to teach the kids. NOT BE ON YOUR PHONE ALL DAM DAY TEXING OTHER TEACHERS I WALKED IN AN COUGHT MY STEEP SONS TEACHER AT STRUAB LAST YEAR HALF ASLEEP SITTING IN HER CHAIR WILL THE KIDS WERE JUST SITTING THERE AN AN SEEN 2 KIDS CALLING HER I WENT AN TOLD MR MORE THE PRINCABLE AN HE TOLD ME TO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT WHAT A JOKE
SoSad

Maysville, KY

#20 Feb 4, 2012
u r moron wrote:
<quoted text>
Your command of the how to use a keyboard and grammar speak volumes about you. You - and those who think like you - have no reason to talk about anyone else. Take care of your own deficiencies first. Also, if your son really did graduate with a 4.0 GPA and was awarded scholarships, good for him. I'd be willing to bet that YOU didn't have anything to do with his education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr stray-cat 132,206
Rude Wal-Mart CUSTOMERS (Apr '10) 3 hr Well 165
I want my girlfriend to lose weight (Jun '11) 10 hr Majesty 123
Looking for psychic 12 hr Anxious 4
whos the best lookin black man in maysville (Jan '10) 13 hr nice man 125
I have a question why is Riggs Motel Closed On ... 17 hr glad 12
laurel Oaks Golf Course Fri nohaterhere 29
Maysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web