Half-way house
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
let it go

Maysville, KY

#21 Sep 19, 2010
it is a place where people voluntarily go to correct their lives. seems to me it would not be "cool" to live in a halfway house if you were a drug dealer or whatever. it's a monitored environment which is different than what is currently on the avenue. i understand the cons to though. this is def a tough situation!
Ronin LLC

Toledo, OH

#22 Sep 19, 2010
Dirtbags gotta go
go get em

Dawsonville, GA

#23 Sep 19, 2010
Information Center wrote:
<quoted text>
One being the Father is a current police officer in another city and a retired police officer from the Maysville Police Force and was one of the best damn I cops I knew. He was firm, fair and made citizens follow the law, more then I can say about the cops their now young dumb and got a gun and the recent lawsuit against the cop who hit his girlfriend is proof of this, so a half way house for felons with non violent crimes is no worse then young and dumb cops with guns and short tempers and a switch to flip on bubble gum lights anytime they want for any reason like a bald tire.
If he's so great why is 3 of his kids in jail for burglary, drug, and theft charges? Seems to me he should've taken care of his little darlings then. KEEP THEM IN PRISON!!!
dont know them

United States

#24 Sep 19, 2010
Don't know this family you're talking about. But I can tell you this. You raise your kids the best you can. When your children are growing up, you try to instill morals and beliefs (among other things) into their hearts and minds. But it doesn't all stick like you want it to. When your children get old enough, they go out into the world on their own. They're going to make decisions, sometimes the wrong one's. The parents can't help what their children did. But they are good parents obviously. From what I've read, they helped their children get their life on track. And now that they've went through it with their own family, they are trying to help others get their life on track.

As for the halfway house; these are people trying to straighten out their lives. Yet no one wants to give them a chance. Yes, the halfway house would be in a community, and near other homes. But it's not like there're gonna be junkies hanging out of windows, passed out with needles in their arms. They are going to be closely monitored. These are people WANTING to get help. It makes sense to bring poeple from outside the local community. It makes sense to get someone away from their usual environment to help them straighten out. If they stayed in their hometown, they would still have the original bad influences pulling on them.

Have a heart people. Stop dragging down these people who tried to have the halfway house. They've done no wrong to you, yet you're putting them down. These are people trying to make some good in the world, yet you're just hating on them.
Worried

Mount Morris, MI

#25 Sep 19, 2010
You know the couple trying to get this halfway house started I hear are really good people. And what kids do after you raise them is not the parents fault. They did the best they could. My only problem with the halfway house is the son they won't to get into this halfway house has a girlfriend that snorts pill. So if they get him in there is it going to help him or hurt him? If he gets to see this girl how long is it going to take him to get hooked on pills. She bad news and if they are trying to help him letting him see her is only going to get him in more trouble.
my idea

Dawsonville, GA

#26 Sep 20, 2010
No one wants’ to give them a chance because they go back and do the same stuff over and over again. I even hear that the drug court is failing, (hate to say I told you so). Here’s my idea, give the junkies a gun and tell them to snort a bullet, that will solve the problem real fast.
dont know them

Valley City, OH

#27 Sep 22, 2010
my idea wrote:
No one wants’ to give them a chance because they go back and do the same stuff over and over again. I even hear that the drug court is failing,(hate to say I told you so). Here’s my idea, give the junkies a gun and tell them to snort a bullet, that will solve the problem real fast.
I only hope you get the help you need. You obviously have some hate/anger issues. Do you know that telling someone to take "a gun and ... snort a bullet" is a crime? And a violent crime at that. That is more violent a crime than doing drugs. I only hope that you get the help you need, before we read/hear about another murder/suicide. There are many options for you to get help. If your problem is drinking, there are AA groups all around. Comprehend offers many different types of counseling. There no reason to live the rest of your life hating people for any reason. You don't want to wake up when your 50, alone and sad, for living such a lonely life, by pushing people away.
Get help, and I hope things get better for you.
seriously

Maysville, KY

#28 Sep 22, 2010
I aggravates me that all the people on here complaining about the drug dealers and the drug use don't want to find a way to actually help these people get clean off drugs. A half-way house will make these former criminals contribute back to society by working and paying taxes instead of living off of the taxpayers money by either being in jail or getting a welfare check every month. Either you are in it to help the drug problem or you are not! The fact that it would be in town is a good idea because being accessible is important to treatment. If they can't get to the meetings then they won't be able to complete the program. If you are worried about drug users or dealers or other criminals living in your neighborhood in this house, don't! Criminals are already living next door that you probably don't even know about. At least these people would be monitored twenty four seven. Do you have a clue what the person 6 of 7 houses down from you are doing that is probably illegal? Get real....
no thank you

Maysville, KY

#29 Sep 22, 2010
Have you people forgotten about the halfway house in Cincy ..... the resident living there seemed to be doing more than job hunting and being a good neighbor...... Im all for being charitable and helping someone out but not at the expense of the safety of children and innocent neighbors! Why wouldnt some where in the country be a better location.... by the time they walk back and forth looking for employment they would have time to think about the penalties of breaking the law!
Well you say

Dawsonville, GA

#30 Sep 23, 2010
dont know them wrote:
<quoted text>
I only hope you get the help you need. You obviously have some hate/anger issues. Do you know that telling someone to take "a gun and ... snort a bullet" is a crime? And a violent crime at that. That is more violent a crime than doing drugs. I only hope that you get the help you need, before we read/hear about another murder/suicide. There are many options for you to get help. If your problem is drinking, there are AA groups all around. Comprehend offers many different types of counseling. There no reason to live the rest of your life hating people for any reason. You don't want to wake up when your 50, alone and sad, for living such a lonely life, by pushing people away.
Get help, and I hope things get better for you.
I'm fine really, thanks for your concern. What crime did I commit may I ask? I didn’t threaten to kill anyone; I didn’t say I was going to give them the gun; and who is the victim? I merely voiced my opinion. I do have a hate issue though. My issue is my house was robbed and the piece of crap sold my stuff for pills. Most of the stuff he sold was replaced; some of it was not replaceable and it’s gone forever. That piece of crap went to jail and got out on probation after 6 months. I learned last month that he’s going back for the same thing. So yes I do have a hate problem with thieves. I only hope they come back hint hint………
KY-Lady

Lexington, KY

#31 Oct 9, 2010
I think the family is doing wrong by bringing churches in on this halfway house, I guess if you are the preacher you can bring it up at a business meeting and donate money to three other churches to get their support, and it was voted on and passed to send money to these churches for a limited time, my oppinion that is wrong. There is a stock-yard beside the church the preacher is at and he told the congreation the church could be counter sued if they backed the motion to see what the zoning was, so the church didn't back the people trying to get rid of that awful mess and it still is there, but you can't be counter sued on a motion. So it don't look like they will get their halfway house for their children when they get out of prison. What goes around comes around. KY-Lady
KY-Lady

Lexington, KY

#32 Oct 9, 2010
Also at the hearing for the stock yards 5 people showed up besides the ones for the motion, 4 was going to Stonelick Baptist Church. KY-Lady
Always Runting

Lexington, KY

#33 Oct 9, 2010
Lets just hope all your nipple feeding rodents never have a run with the law and pray that they do not make the bad choice themselves.

We will see who wants the halfway house on that day. As far as I can see this has better cause then most Maysville non-educated dealing ass wipes know what the cause is really for. Guess that is why you are not the lae makers huh, thank goodness.

Got a problem with this post you have two options click the X on the top right hand corner or you can go see your psychologists for idiotic support

lol

100% Support for halfway houses
KY-Lady

Wallingford, KY

#34 Oct 10, 2010
If 100% support the halfway house they would have gotten their permit and it would have been opened. Tell me what happens to all the donations that they received and turned down for the permit. Will they keep the money or return it? This will tell you what fine people they are. KY-Lady
KY-Lady

Wallingford, KY

#35 Oct 10, 2010
If 100% support the halfway house they would have gotten their permit and been opened. Now what happens to all the donations they got? Will they return the money and other things? This will tell you what fine people they are. KY-Lady
do u know

Maysville, KY

#36 Oct 10, 2010
why dont u tell us if u know what they did with it...seems to me like u think u know everything about everything. if u know,, why are u asking? and if not, why are u assuming and trashing people?
Lewis County

Morehead, KY

#37 Nov 17, 2010
Well I think the question is answered, the preacher and family moved to Lewis Co., so now their home is empty at Dover so the half-way house can be fixed up and they can control all donations and do what they want to with the money. He has to be in control at every church he's at, he's good at brain washing people under him. They are a couple living in adultry and members of the church, women teaching men, calling on women to pray, and anyone that knows anything about the Bible knows that is wrong, also a woman leading the singing,behind the pulpit,but he will have to give account for that, he is also sweeping a lot under the carpet. A deacon spoke to him several times to apporach the problems and he told the deacon he was nick-picking, he is double tongued, talking out of both sides of his mouth, although he says he is going by the Bible, I know we will all go before God at the judgement seat of Christ.
Fleming County

Cleveland, GA

#38 Dec 4, 2010
What happened at 12-1-10 zoning meeting about half-way house?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Wallingford 22 min Miss. Independent 6
Mason co jail has to pay for 750,000 to the Ful... 2 hr Bull sack 17
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr CCR 165,528
Tight hole 7 hr Petty 4
Horse Dealers 14 hr Hillview 6
rural king 18 hr Earlybird 12
Charlie Johnson in jail? 19 hr Cellmate 5

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance