Ex-Atlantic City official admits role in scheme that taped riva...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Former council President Craig Callaway is already in prison for bribery. He pleaded guilty Friday in state Superior Court in Mays Landing to conspiracy to commit invasion of privacy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
JenR

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

expensive sodas
dooraghero

Franklin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

It's sad how corrupt our government has become at almost every level- national, state, and local. The politicos do not seek to represent the people or to do what is best for the particular locale. It's all about winning and it makes no fifference how one wins- the ends justify any means. Once victory has been attained it's all about power- keeping and gaining more by any means necessary. So much for representative government. It's a far cry from what government was originally seen to be in the eyes of the Founding Fathers.
Real Change

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

dooraghero wrote:
It's sad how corrupt our government has become at almost every level- national, state, and local. The politicos do not seek to represent the people or to do what is best for the particular locale. It's all about winning and it makes no fifference how one wins- the ends justify any means. Once victory has been attained it's all about power- keeping and gaining more by any means necessary. So much for representative government. It's a far cry from what government was originally seen to be in the eyes of the Founding Fathers.
I agree. Integrity is no longer expected. If America is going to regain prosperity, great change must take place. We need upright, humble leaders; not power-hunger self-serving politicians.
Harod

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

They forgot to put the D in front of thier names
Opiniongirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

You're all right! Politicians do not and have never -- really represented the people in general. They have always supported those who deliver large, block votes for them, and it's getting worse. In fact, they protect them by giving them jobs, covering up their wrongdoing, allowing them to walk all over their neighbors, etc.

America has never really been a democracy. It's always been a plutocracy. Now, it has become a corrupt oligarchy -- due to the infiltration of organized crime and racketeering. No where is this more evident than in the court system which appears to be running a "protection racket." I can say this firsthand because my my father and sister were killed at hospitals and the lawyers took control of their wrongful death matters illegally for profit. they are being aiding by corrupt judges! Because of their collusion, I cannot get a lawyer!

I am still begging for help from righteous news people and groups. But they all seem to be scared to help me too. Whatever happened to courage?
Leonard Henry

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Ok, all of you that believe the money was for sodas, stand up and raise your hands. What happened to honourable people? Is money and power all that people who are in public office is looking for?

This person, and all individuals like him, should be heard by the honest public in the next election.
Leonard Henry

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Ok, all of you that believe the money was for sodas, stand up and raise your hands. What happened to honourable people? Is money and power all that people who are in public office is looking for?

This person, and all individuals like him, should be heard by the honest public in the next election.
Leonard Henry

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Opiniongirl, I hate to correct you, but our country was set up to be a Rebublic, and not a democracy. Although they are very similar, there is a diffinate differance. Until the electorial college is thrown out, the majority does not matter.
Haywood Jabloemi

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

This whole thing really sucks.
K1LL THEM ALL

Wyoming, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

is atlantic city part of some third world banna republic...what's with DECADES of all the political corruption with zero for the residents to show from it?
NEs Rising Shell

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Leonard Henry wrote:
Opiniongirl, I hate to correct you, but our country was set up to be a Rebublic, and not a democracy. Although they are very similar, there is a diffinate differance. Until the electorial college is thrown out, the majority does not matter.
Out of the tens of thousands of elected offices in this country, the electoral college affects exactly TWO, Professor.

Apart from not liking the electoral college, your point is....what?

Robinson obviously deserved to be set up. Both of these arrogant morons deserve public humiliation.
Opiniongirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Leonard Henry, whatever the country was set up to be, it's certainly not that now! Organized crime has taken over because decent men and women are too afraid to stand up, speak up and take a stand against the Al Capone mentality.

Where have all the great men gone, especially the white ones, the Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin types? Franklin once said that whenever the conditions that exist in America now came into being, its sun will have begun to set. Why are people sitting back and letting it happen?
Patriot

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

This story is bird feed compared to the one that the media is ignoring concerning whether or not President-elect Obama is Constitutionally qualified to be President-elect. I will say however that the story, and the lawsuits, are growing every day.

By the way, the United States Supreme Court is set to consider two of these cases just before the Electoral College meets mid December. Its about to get real interesting folks.
The Messenger

Red Lodge, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Has everyone posting here missed the point that the Councilman set up was also a Baptist minister? I always thought Scripture states that those representing God before the people are supposed to be above reproach. And the Baptists are among the world's worst hypocrites when it comes to condemning others for doing things they themselves do. That my friends is why this nation is going down the tubes. As God states, there is not one righteous among the people, no, not one.

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

She needed something to wash it down
Leonard Henry

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Opiniongirl and NEs Rising Shell, thank you for your comments. Although I do belive NEs Rishing Shell should take another look at the meaning of the two types of government. Does not matter what I like.
When the Electorial College was put into existance it worked out very well, but with the population being what it is today, a democracy would do very nicely - only my opinion.
Opiniongirl, you make a very good point. What has happened to MEN in the country is a shame. Our society has made it imoral and unpatriotic to act like a man. Everything is dictated by PC. If you are not PC, you are in the minority. Me, I love my guns and bible.
UnconcernedOne

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

What a surprise; two corrupt politicians! I never heard aything like this before....NOT!
Boca

Esom Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

Come on people the money was for soda's, take your minds out of the gutter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mays Landing Discussions

Search the Mays Landing Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
any1 kno any updates on DT Steven Hadley of EHC... Jul 7 Stewie 4
Ruth B. Langbein Jul 4 well 4
Egg Harbor City detective accused of using poli... Jul 3 Nazareth 1
Review: Classic Pizza Pie Jun 30 classic pizza 2
Hammonton resident Jacobus needs to grow up; Se... (Aug '13) Jun 30 DemGuysLost 6
warlocks mc (Sep '07) Jun 27 johnny bad brains 293
motorcycle accident Jun '14 John 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Atlantic County was issued at July 10 at 3:14PM EDT

•••
•••

Mays Landing News Video

•••
•••

Mays Landing Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000