Right to know

Winfield, IL

#22 Dec 3, 2012
The people of the town have a right to know the TRUTH since our tax dollars pay his salary. I have been around law enforcement long enough to know you don't just get kicked out of the academy for a minor infraction. We aren't the stupid ones here. But of course the sun sets in Clint's ass as far as our town board is concerned.
haa

Richmond, IN

#23 Dec 3, 2012
Croroked and corrupt/ he is far from that. He has shown the board exactly what happened it was confirmed as a mistake, but rules are rules. AS far as tony campbell and his family running their mouthes, he had no chance of becoming the town marshal anyways. He didn't make it to the 2nd round of interviews. Quit your crying, act like adults and accept the outcome, it doesn't get you anywhere running your pathetic mouthes on facebook or here on this stupid site. Such a bunch or sore losers.
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#24 Dec 4, 2012
I agree with haa. Everyone wants to complaine and will always find something to complaine about. Maybe if they spent as much time worrying about thier own lives as they seem to do to others then they wouldnt have the time to be on sites like this running their mouths. And I agree....they are just sore losers that are unhappy with their own lives. It is really sad if you sit back and think about it. They really just need to move on becuase all they are doing is showing their true colors and showing this town and it's board that they made the right choice by bringing on Officer Ellis.
sad

Elmwood Park, IL

#25 Dec 7, 2012
It is sad that you people dog Tony's family for supposedly talking trash but you do the same thing. Great roll models you all are. And before you go bashing me I am a family member that said he shouldn't be the town marshall for Carthage. I support my family in every way just didn't think he needed the position. He has the knowledge to do it but I wasnt sure he was a good fit. Anyways I don't think you need to bash people for the same thing you are doing. Also, what was the whole misunderstanding that Clint got booted for because from what other officers have told me you don't get booted for a misunderstanding. They make misunderstandings right not stand behind them.
carthage resident

Richmond, IN

#26 Dec 7, 2012
well sad, from the real people i have talked to at the academy, it a was an administration error that was done. I heard from an instructor at the academy that clint clearly didn't read a paper clearly all the way through before signing it and used a laptop to pull his classwork but, it wasn't authorized for him to use that said computer. They checked his belongings, and he agreed to let them, and they found nothing. No files, no cheating, nothing that would indicate major violation, however he did use acomputer which broke an agreement he signed and that's why he was asked to return for the next class. Unlike a lot of people I have checked into his story and have found the FACTS. I didn't speculate nor did I run with the rumor train like most ignorant people in Carthage would. The fact of the matter is that a guilty person doesn't offer to clear his own name as hard as what Clint has been doing. He does a great job in town and people who are trying to cut his throat needs to grow up. I agree with the board that Clint was the perfect fit, and that the police department is better than it ever had been. HE has more officers out and about patrolling, even though people complain when we didn't have enough in town, now people are complaining there's too many. I for one am glad to see more police in town,, and to hear that the crime rates are down and that they're working hard to do what they can with the drug issue, that everyone seems to think is not there in town. I think it's crap on Jeff Sherwoods part and the way the Rush County Sheriff's Dept treat the officers in here in town, and the citizens in town. Heck it takes hours at times to get a deputy to come out when the Carthage guys weren't available. I think the Sheriff's Dept needs to get their heads out their butts and start working together. You don't see Carthage not willing to work with them. It's a battle for the guys at the PD, I've sat in on meetings and you have a couple board members who support the police dept and you have a few, including the town clerk who tries to make it rough on them. It all boils down to a certain select few in town who are sore losers and can't handle the fact that certain people just weren't the right choice. Keep up the good work Clint and Carthage Officers, and don't pay attention to the people who can't accept not having their ways.

To the town board members, stick behind your officers and show you have balls to support them or enjoy the next three years, cause it will probably be your last. From what I have seen very few of you can agree to do anything to better the town, and when it does finally happen it's because you have tabled it for several meetings. There are a couple of you on there that needs to quit being two faced, and do the job we put you in there for. The best decision I have seen so far is putting Bill Davis on the board, at least he has common sense and knows how to use it.
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#27 Dec 8, 2012
carthage resident wrote:
well sad, from the real people i have talked to at the academy, it a was an administration error that was done. I heard from an instructor at the academy that clint clearly didn't read a paper clearly all the way through before signing it and used a laptop to pull his classwork but, it wasn't authorized for him to use that said computer. They checked his belongings, and he agreed to let them, and they found nothing. No files, no cheating, nothing that would indicate major violation, however he did use acomputer which broke an agreement he signed and that's why he was asked to return for the next class. Unlike a lot of people I have checked into his story and have found the FACTS. I didn't speculate nor did I run with the rumor train like most ignorant people in Carthage would. The fact of the matter is that a guilty person doesn't offer to clear his own name as hard as what Clint has been doing. He does a great job in town and people who are trying to cut his throat needs to grow up. I agree with the board that Clint was the perfect fit, and that the police department is better than it ever had been. HE has more officers out and about patrolling, even though people complain when we didn't have enough in town, now people are complaining there's too many. I for one am glad to see more police in town,, and to hear that the crime rates are down and that they're working hard to do what they can with the drug issue, that everyone seems to think is not there in town. I think it's crap on Jeff Sherwoods part and the way the Rush County Sheriff's Dept treat the officers in here in town, and the citizens in town. Heck it takes hours at times to get a deputy to come out when the Carthage guys weren't available. I think the Sheriff's Dept needs to get their heads out their butts and start working together. You don't see Carthage not willing to work with them. It's a battle for the guys at the PD, I've sat in on meetings and you have a couple board members who support the police dept and you have a few, including the town clerk who tries to make it rough on them. It all boils down to a certain select few in town who are sore losers and can't handle the fact that certain people just weren't the right choice. Keep up the good work Clint and Carthage Officers, and don't pay attention to the people who can't accept not having their ways.
To the town board members, stick behind your officers and show you have balls to support them or enjoy the next three years, cause it will probably be your last. From what I have seen very few of you can agree to do anything to better the town, and when it does finally happen it's because you have tabled it for several meetings. There are a couple of you on there that needs to quit being two faced, and do the job we put you in there for. The best decision I have seen so far is putting Bill Davis on the board, at least he has common sense and knows how to use it.
I too am a resident of Carthage and I attended EVERY meeting. I 100% agree with everything you have just stated and feel the exact same way over all of this. And by what I am about to say I am sure you all will figure out who I am and I am fine with that. My husband is a reserve officer here now and it really rubs me the wrong way when I hear people complain and bad mouth the department. Do you haters realize that these men volunteer there own time and do this free of charge. Do you realize that they pay out of their own pockets for all of the equipment they need.....handcuffs, holder, boots, jackets...ect. Yes the town pays for their uniforms but really when it is all said and done they invest 100's of dollars of their own money to help make this town a better place and all they get in return is crapped on!!!
Carthage resident

Richmond, IN

#28 Dec 8, 2012
Very well said know your facts. I for one appreciate all the officers. And I believe this is the best that the town has seen in officers in a very long time. I'm trying not to get on my soap box about things. So I'll stop here for now.
the truth seeker

Carpentersville, IL

#29 Dec 12, 2012
We all know according to Tony Campbells facebook post about moving to the Mountains that Mountain Man is nothing other than he. He is upset because he didn't get hired as the town marshal and he spends all of his time bashing the man who did.
I know

Watertown, WI

#30 Dec 13, 2012
Clint was kicked out for trying to use an instructors computer to cheat on a test. This is 100 percent the truth.
Carthage resident

Richmond, IN

#31 Dec 14, 2012
I know that "I know" is wrong. Looks like all the documents that I have seen has exactly what was happened on it. Not to mention that the academy has even confirmed he did not cheat or was he trying. Keep running your mouths, I'm sure your apart of the Gormans, zimmermans, or mcmahans which are upset cause their lazy a$$ tony Campbell didn't get the job.
Well

Plainfield, IN

#32 Dec 14, 2012
I know wrote:
Clint was kicked out for trying to use an instructors computer to cheat on a test. This is 100 percent the truth.
We're you there to know this? If not, how do you know this is what happened?
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#33 Dec 14, 2012
I have seen the documents also from the academy and no he was not kicked out for cheating. People need to start doing a little research before running with the rumor mill.
Wow

Lake Zurich, IL

#34 Dec 14, 2012
Wow, you Hancocks are pi$$y a$$ people. I understand defending people, but you sure have made it clear that you have a love for Clint, both here and on facebook. Just like every town marshall before, Clint will get the marshall's academy completed, and look for employment elswhere because I am pretty sure he can't support himself and pay his child support on $12 an hour. But go ahead and support your boy, I'll support my family, but for christ's sake, don't bad mouth Tony's family for doing the exact same thing you are doing. And don't say you aren't the Hancocks because you are saying the exact same sh!t here as you are on the Banner's facebook page. Relax, quit getting your knickers in a bunch, and let it play out. Quit bashing his family, or expect to be bashed back in return!
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#35 Dec 14, 2012
Yes I am a Hancock and if you look at all that I have said you can see that I have not bashed any of Tony's family. Maybe you should learn to read a little better :) A matter of fact Tony is the one that made a post about children I to an attack on me.

Oh and this is Tara just so you can be sure you know who you are talking to. I don't have the need to hide behind my computer screen and bad mouth people because I have no problem with saying it to their face!
To sum it up

Kokomo, IN

#36 Dec 14, 2012
John Hancock here, first off it's not $12/hour. Never once have we "bashed" anyone or bad mouthed anyone, other than when it appears that way when the truth is spoken. We'll be more than happy to cease speaking up when the matter of the conversion is converted to something else, but I will always speak up when something is said or done that is inaccurate of incorrect. So if you want to refer to us as "pi$$y a$$" people, then you'd have to define that as someone that has the scruples to stand up for something that is unjust. So continue to speak ill of my family and it will not be only words on a computer that will be spoken.
wow

Chicago, IL

#37 Dec 14, 2012
Wow. Nice threat there Carthage Reserve Officer Hancock. Sure looks like Carthage picked a winner in you.
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#38 Dec 14, 2012
That's not a threat, he simply stated that he will continue the conversation in person......instead of over a computer.

And again, maybe you need to learn to read a little better?
wow

Chicago, IL

#39 Dec 14, 2012
Sounds like a personal threat to me. Ppl like you with your better than everyone attitude us what has killed Carthage. Keep sticking up for him though. You are his woman that's expected.
John Hancock

Kokomo, IN

#40 Dec 14, 2012
I'm sorry you construed that as a physical threat to yourself. I'm sorry the word "spoken" confused you. I'll try to use smaller words in the future on these forms.
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#41 Dec 14, 2012
wow wrote:
Sounds like a personal threat to me. Ppl like you with your better than everyone attitude us what has killed Carthage. Keep sticking up for him though. You are his woman that's expected.
Man you really don't think before you speak do you? And just so you know, I am not his woman, I am his WIFE....... Maybe you should look it up because there is a difference. I have wasted enough time arguing with you on here, if you would like to continue to discuss this then I am sure you know where I will be tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chief Baker (Jan '14) 9 hr harsh you are 14
KPD Chief Danny Baker gets ticketed for breakin... Dec 7 Knightstown Is Home 4
looking for an old friend (Mar '13) Nov 21 connersville 11
Old photos of Carthage? (Sep '08) Nov '14 graveman 3
robert leon & shirley ann whitfield from carthage (Mar '11) Oct '14 GT200R 17
Amy Perrin? Oct '14 mommyof01 1
looking for man with Nickname "money" Oct '14 old Friend 1
Mays Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web