First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wth

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 13, 2011
Who is the new cop in town? I've heard he's a real hard ass and doesnt play games with scumbags in Carthage. Glass to see this town get a someone who actually does some crime fighting and isn't affraid of people!
About Time

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 13, 2011
His name is Clint Ellis. He is a big hard ass and will have the town cleaned up. Do not expect any breaks from him cause he refuses to play games. If you are abiding the law he is the nicest guy you could meet but if not, be prepared. He had four arrests is 24 hours this past weekend...total bad ass! Hope he stays!
sweet

Lynn, IN

#3 Oct 14, 2011
I am so releived to hear that the citizens in Carthage has an officer that will go by the book. I hope the police department can get a handle on the theives and drugs in town. it's really getting out of control. I have to say that I have noticed an officer working various different hours in town. Unlike some of the others who schedules were easy to track. I send a best wishes and good luck to the staff at Carthage Police Department in hopes they clean this town up. Keep up the good work.

“Beautiful Days..Beautiful Life”

Since: Jan 11

Indianapolis / Hazard

#4 Oct 15, 2011
Carthage does have an extremely high crime rate!! ROTF LMAO!!! Exactly what does all your crime amount to? I lived there for 12 yrs & the biggest crime was the Nancy Lyons murder which was very unusual for such a small & close-knit community. The drug problem is minute compared to larger cities & towns. The biggest crime that I noticed in carthage was the ppl who disregard posted speed limits....or the motor-heads that seem to think everyone wants to hear them a full 2 blocks before you see them coming. What about the biggest crime of all...kids w lighters!! On a recent visit we were told if your child is caught w a lighter it was a $25 fine...ludacris!!(sp) Or the disgusting rates charged for city water...now that's a crime...you ppl think you have a lg amount of crime???? Get real, you don't know how lucky you are to not have to deal w daily drive-by shootings, ppl overdosing daily, pill-heads stealing anything not tied down, prostitutes on the corners, meth labs on every block, & so on & so on....
wth

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 15, 2011
Karmamylove, you seriously don't know a thing about carthage other than the water rates being high. The number of thieves, druggies, and low lifes are on the rise in carthage. People breaking into cars and houses, kids selling pot and other drugs, or out drinking and driving. This isn't the quiet little town it used to be. I'm scared to even let my kids outside to play anymore in fear that a druggie or thief will see them doing something and then retaliate against my belongings or kids. We have our own amount of organized crime and excitement and that is more then I care to see.

Indianapolis / Hazard

#6 Oct 16, 2011
wth wrote:
Karmamylove, you seriously don't know a thing about carthage other than the water rates being high. The number of thieves, druggies, and low lifes are on the rise in carthage. People breaking into cars and houses, kids selling pot and other drugs, or out drinking and driving. This isn't the quiet little town it used to be. I'm scared to even let my kids outside to play anymore in fear that a druggie or thief will see them doing something and then retaliate against my belongings or kids. We have our own amount of organized crime and excitement and that is more then I care to see.
FYI I was born & raised there so you can't tell me anything I don't know about carthage or can hear on a daily basis. You are afraid to let your kids outside for fear a thief will see them doing something & retaliate against you???? What may I ask are your little darlings doing that would make one want to do anything against you??? Organized crime??? You sound extremely paranoid or one of the old geezers afraid everyone is after your almighty dollar. Name one town, city or burg that doesn't have drugs, drunks, or thieves??? The water bills went up 118%...that is a crime!!! The sidewalks roll up at 5pm & don't unroll at all on sundays & you are bitchin' about the high rate of crime!! Oh & one more thing & I quote "we have our own amount of crime & excitement & that is more than I care to see". If carthage has too much crime & excitement for you then where in heavens name have you been all your life??? A cave??? ROTF LMAO AT YOU!!!!
patriot

Greenfield, IN

#7 Oct 16, 2011
We do have our fair amount of crime but it does'nt matter where you live its gonna be around. There is alittle bit of drugs in Carthage, and we do have thefts as well. I've live in Carthage pretty much my entire life. I love it here. All but the water bill and property taxes. The nice thing about Carthage is that if someone needs help everyone pulls together and helps out. I've seen it time and time again. For you who is afraid of letting your kids out why not join the Carthage Community Watch that a Sheriff's deputy started. It actually works, someone had a GPS stolen and it was later recovered by someone in the group who was stopped by someone trying to sell it. The police later arrested someone for it too.

Indianapolis / Hazard

#8 Oct 19, 2011
Carthage is a beautiful little town w the same problems that all cities & towns have but on a much smaller scale. The town bought an automatic weapon for nick when he was there & what pray tell does a carthage cop need w an automatic weapon?? It's ridiculous to think the crime rate would warrant such a waste of town funds for a weapon that is so deadly. What about the misuse of town funds a few yrs ago by two of its employees?? Funny how all the white collar crimes are forgotten & some of you dwell on the small drug problem & the low occurance of other crimes. Don't like or feel safe in carthage because of the crime rate?? Try Indy & see how their crime rate compares & how safe you & your family feel & how well that works out for you.
yeps

Palmyra, IN

#9 Oct 31, 2011
Well it seems since there's been someone on the police dept doing their job that things around Carthage seem to be better. Seems like since fields has been in jail all the break ins have slowed down or stopped. I say keep up the good work Carthage police department and continue the hard work to shape up our town!
know

Shoals, IN

#10 Mar 7, 2012
i want to know more about this clint ellis...he is might fine..
more

Shoals, IN

#11 Mar 7, 2012
I want to know more about this Clint Ellis...I'm liking him and what he is doing.
i like

Mishawaka, IN

#12 Mar 11, 2012
Its nice to see for once a proactive police department for once. I like seeing these guys out various hours and like to hear that they are cleaning up this town. I haven't been a Rick Bush fan but I'll give him credit on having some great officers. Since these news guys came on a lot of stealing has stopped. Keep up the great work guys.

Since: Apr 12

Carpentersville, IL

#13 Apr 8, 2012
I just read through this and I'll have to say thank you for the chuckle!! I moved to Carthage from a VERY large city, and to the person scared to let their children outside....I dont recommend you leaving Carthage EVER!! This town is as good as it gets!! The "crime" that goes on here is laughable! Its petty thieft crimes. If this type of crime scares you, I would highly recommend you staying within the town limits of Carthage! As far as drugs, deal with it. No matter where you live there will be drugs, of all kinds. Atleast in Carthage there are not people in the streets shooting each other over thier next fix of crack, or because someone owes them for said crack. Your car can sit outside your home for more than two hours before it comes up missing. Carthage is a flippin MAYBERRY!! You really shouldn't judge it so harshly until you have a spent a few years in a REAL crime infested city!! I will take Carthage "crime" as you call it over real crime anyday!! Oh yeah, and I happily let my kids go out and play, with NO fear of anyone doing anything to my things because they are playing in the yard. LMAO....again, Thanks for the laugh!

Indianapolis / Hazard

#14 Apr 12, 2012
I totally agree w Carthage Angel!! The crime in Carthage is trivial compared to the larger cities. Try the crime rate where I live. Ppl stealing the copper wire fr your homes, 2 drug OD's last night within 1 hr of ea other, a man took a meat cleaver to his wifes head a mo ago, a shooting this morn, on & on it goes. At least in Carthage my car could be left unlocked, my house was never locked, I wasn't worried someone would snatch my child while they played outside & I never had anything vandelized or stolen. Carthage is one of the safest towns I have ever known....to be paranoid in Carthage is ridiculous....if you are then you need serious counseling...
got screwed

Chicago, IL

#15 May 16, 2012
clint is honest? what a joke, police officers are expected to be honest and especially truthful, which i had the privilege to find out that he will flat out lie to have a reason to make a traffic stop to pull you over. and yes i agree carthage is a very nice little town!
rider

Chicago, IL

#16 May 16, 2012
I've rode with him on several occasions and let me tell you, the guy makes legit traffic stops. There's things like not using a turn signal, or the California stops that he could stop people for but doesn't. He gives tickets when they require a ticket, but he gives a lot warnings. So again you must be a honest law biding citizen who got caught breaking the laws and got pulled over so now your going to bash a good officer. You got screwed by your self.
interested party

Louisville, KY

#17 Nov 29, 2012
karmamylove wrote:
I totally agree w Carthage Angel!! The crime in Carthage is trivial compared to the larger cities. Try the crime rate where I live. Ppl stealing the copper wire fr your homes, 2 drug OD's last night within 1 hr of ea other, a man took a meat cleaver to his wifes head a mo ago, a shooting this morn, on & on it goes. At least in Carthage my car could be left unlocked, my house was never locked, I wasn't worried someone would snatch my child while they played outside & I never had anything vandelized or stolen. Carthage is one of the safest towns I have ever known....to be paranoid in Carthage is ridiculous....if you are then you need serious counseling...
Well, Nancy Lyons was abducted and murdered while living in Carthgage..so there is reason to lock your doors. There is no safe town.
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 3, 2012
Mountainman wrote:
Whats the scoop on Carthages super cop. Hear he got booted from the academy for cheating. Thats something for the town board to be proud of. The laughing stock fo Rush County.8946
The board is aware of what really happened not just what nosey other people think they know happened. And before you got running your mouth and trying to start stuff you should really get your facts straight, he did not get kicked out for cheating. And yes, I know that for a fact.
Unfortunate.....

United States

#20 Dec 3, 2012
The fact of the matter is that he was kicked out. Any reasonable person would understand that something happened at the academy. Whether us was cheating, or some other distasteful act, it presents a bad images of the town. Certainly makes people wonder why would the town want to employ a crooked or corrupt officer.
Know your facts

Chicago, IL

#21 Dec 3, 2012
And again.......unless you know the facts of the situation you should not speculate and start rumors. The ones that need to know the truth and what really happened do and they are handling it. Officer Ellis is a good man and great officer and is just what this town needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chief Baker (Jan '14) Dec 14 Knightstown Is Home 13
KPD Chief Danny Baker gets ticketed for breakin... Dec 7 Knightstown Is Home 4
looking for an old friend (Mar '13) Nov 21 connersville 11
Old photos of Carthage? (Sep '08) Nov '14 graveman 3
robert leon & shirley ann whitfield from carthage (Mar '11) Oct '14 GT200R 17
Amy Perrin? Oct '14 mommyof01 1
looking for man with Nickname "money" Oct '14 old Friend 1
Mays Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web