Father Of 4 Children Killed In Fire To Be Released From Prison ...

Full story: NBC 10 Philadelphia

Prison officials said the father of four children killed in a row house fire in South Bethlehem will be permitted to attend their funerals on Saturday.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2010
Leona

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

what a tragedy, i can't imagine the pain of losing my children in a fire. that's horrible. it does make me happy that they're allowing the father to attend the funeral- i have no idea what he did to go to prison or for how long he'll stay, but they don't have to let him go at all. it's a warped "happy" ending to a horiffic story..
GiGi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

my prayers are with the family, you never know what life holds for you so live everyday with love, forgiveness & laughter. hopefully someday the father will be released and build a strong relationship with the surviving child.
lou

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

that is really a nice thing they should let him go he has lost enough in his life
Be 4 U

Kutztown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Go releasing him, you better find out what he is in there for. Find out the facts first. My condolences to them as well.
char1951

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I am so sorry that this man lost his children in the fire in Bethlehem but why are we the taxpayers of PA paying for his transportation to Bethlehem from Camp Hill.

I also have no doubt in my mind that whoever transports him (police or prison guards) will have to be paid overtime also because it is a Saturday.

What about a flight risk?

Will there be enough security at the funeral so there are no attempted escapes?
colden

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

What happened to those children is a tragedy. My hat off to the prison officials who gave the father the opportunity to see his children one more time. They could have refused his request.
mebe

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Oh shut up Char1951....this guy lost his 4 kids, Id pay for him myself to have a ride to say goodbye to his babies. He may be in jail for something but whatever it is, he should be able to say goodbye to his kids.. And FYI, cops, state troopers, prison guards, work 7 days a week. Saturdays and Sundays are just another day to them...You are an idiot
Bucks County

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Let it be people! Not everyone who is in prison is bad and I am sure the state would not allowed his release if he was a threat to society. Thatís common sense (OH I FORGOT - THE USA Forgets EVERY KNOW AND THEN). He had a weapon and possession charge. He did not use the gun. So leave it be let him mourn in peace. A lot of these men who do have records feel the need to have a gun, I do not personally know why, a majority of men do own a gun whether they are a criminal or not. Unfortunately the gun ends up in the wrong hands. If that makes sense to any of you.
Love for Juan

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

char1951 wrote:
I am so sorry that this man lost his children in the fire in Bethlehem but why are we the taxpayers of PA paying for his transportation to Bethlehem from Camp Hill.
I also have no doubt in my mind that whoever transports him (police or prison guards) will have to be paid overtime also because it is a Saturday.
What about a flight risk?
Will there be enough security at the funeral so there are no attempted escapes?
US, the family paid the expenses you moron. Get your facts straight before you go opening up your mouth. You think about money at a time like this when we have lost much more than money can EVER and i mean EVER replace. Juan is a good father and always will be no matter what any of you uneducated fools on here have to say. Only a coward would sit behind a computer monitor and spit such filth from their mouths.

WE LOVE YOU JUAN AND WE PRAY FOR YOUR EARLY RELEASE, SO YOU TOO AS A GRIEVING FATHER CAN BE HERE WITH YOUR FAMILY WHERE YOU BELONG.

MUCH LOVE ALWAYS AND FOREVER
~YOUR FAM~
chantal

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

im so sad that happened they were close friends of me and i just wish they were still here i just hope they are in peace now i miss you all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mayport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Bill OReilly 51,275
Businesses "optimistic" about new ships at Mayport Tue Maynard of Maypor... 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
summerville, pa condeming flood properties alon... (Aug '12) Jun '14 Observer 4
carla slagle (Oct '13) Oct '13 in the know 1
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
14 area bars win exemptions to smoking ban (Jan '09) Aug '11 Alabama Alligator 20

Search the Mayport Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Mayport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mayport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mayport News, Events & Info