Carswell Hollow, W.Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Thank you Rebecca Roter for bringing this to our attention.

Response to Fracking in Stokes County. "Consider this as your response to a buyout offer: Come And Take It"

This from a savvy landowner who has figured out that it may be better to fight a pipeline by forcing the company to try to take the land in an eminent domain proceedings – ie. condemnation - which ostensibly would force a fair valuation of the property. Believe it or not, this actually can be the best option – and may even be preferable to a lease or sale. In real estate transactions involving the city or state, I routinely opted for a condemnation settlement rather than an outright sale – twice on road Right of Way matters. Consultant your attorney and tax accountant.(There may be some tax advantages to condemnation)

Consider this as your response to a buyout offer: Come And Take It

Continued at the Page Mark below.

http://blog.shaleshockmedia.org/2013/07/08/co...

“WHERE's DA JOBS Boehner? ”

Since: Dec 08

Carswell Hollow, W.Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

A petition: Go and check it out for the sake of the health of the land and wildlife. This is the content of the of the Petition.. I signed it..

Dear [Decision Maker],

"Please oppose House Bill 94 and vote NOT to concur with the Senate. Among its numerous damaging provisions, the bill would prevent regulators from keeping records of the names and amounts of chemicals companies pump into our ground and groundwater, if the companies call them a 'trade secret'."

"It's unacceptable that the state wouldn't know the names and amounts of toxic chemicals injected into our land and water. This information needs to be on file with our state regulators, so that it can be readily available to emergency responders and health professionals. I'm urging you to oppose House Bill 94 and to require full disclosure of the chemicals used in the process as well as their proportions."

Carswell Hollow, W.Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

FOllow this Page Marker to read more about
Chomsky: How Do We Defend Ourselves from the Corporate and Imperial Forces That Threaten Our Existence?

We need a worldwide struggle to preserve the global commons.
July 5, 2013 |

Thank you Rebecca

With wrenching tragedies only a few miles away, and still worse catastrophes perhaps not far removed, it may seem wrong, perhaps even cruel, to shift attention to other prospects that, although abstract and uncertain, might offer a path to a better world - and not in the remote future.

I’ve visited Lebanon several times and witnessed moments of great hope, and of despair, that were tinged with the Lebanese people’s remarkable determination to overcome and to move forward.

Carswell Hollow, W.Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Follow this Page Marker for NC chemical plant blocked in anti-fracking protest. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story...

MORGANTON, N.C.-- Twelve activists who blocked a North Carolina chemical plant were arrested in a protest against the company's sale of products used in the natural gas drilling process called hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.

Morganton Public Safety Chief Mark Tolbert said the protesters faced a variety of charges, including trespassing, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

Croatan Earth First! spokeswoman Maria Rowan said sheriff's deputies and police began warning dozens of activists at the Momentive resin plant on Monday afternoon that they had a half hour to disperse - or risk arrest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mayodan Discussions

Search the Mayodan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Animal Farm 56,571
Get Them All Jul 27 CaptObvious 5
burning rubber in the cove Jul 24 Fine Job 5
NC sheriff gets close look at US border crisis Jul 23 WHATEVER 1
Walnut Cove Town Hall Asleep on Job Jul 22 agreed 4
New Sheriff for Rockingham County~ YES or No???? Jul 16 Supporting A New Sheriff 1
looking for brandi janine anderson davila gomez... Jul 3 MARY 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mayodan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mayodan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE