First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wiseowl

Knoxville, TN

#1 Oct 2, 2012
I wonder why so many people are on pills? Does anyone have reasons for this situation. Do people think it will make them happy? Are they unhappy? It seems having a family and loving and taking care of your children would make you happy. If so, there is no need for these other empty hopes. Perhaps, some just use for social reasons and get hooked. Whatever the situation, there is help in the county
if you desire. I am old and I am happy in spite of
many disappointments without alcohol or drugs. Do you think there would be less drug use if it were legal? I think those who would use would be a separate community and this would allow innocent people and their children live in a safe harbor. The law, the talk, people who want to help have all been miserable failures. If only there was a desire in the heart of each user to search for a spirit of freedom from this wretched way of life, our county could once again be mostly free of these awful times.
Clean it up

Knoxville, TN

#2 Oct 4, 2012
Pills are an easy to obtain drug nowadays. Got some back pain? Find the right doc, and you will be hooked up in no time! Have heard of prescriptions for as many as 120 pills each month. Find a way to kill of the pain clinics would be the #1 goal.#2, make the doctors responsible for the prescriptions they make.#3, constant drug testing for those who are prescribed the pills. Blood work, all that jaz, make sure they aren't loaded up on other drugs, and are taking their own pills prescribed to them.

You cant really legalize prescription drug use. Would be the same as making it all available over the counter, and that would make things ALOT worse. I personally watch drug sales each month go on around me. I lost count of the number of times I have seen drugs being sold here in Maynardville.

What we really need is a good, true police force that will fight the drug problems. Most will turn a blind eye to it. Some are worth a damn and will arrest them, but if the drug dealer/user is in good with the high ups in the county, they get released on probation, no matter how many priors they have on them. We gotta get them locked up, and keep them locked up.

Another option is to create a "Drug head" season, where we can go hunt the druggies just like we do other animals to control their populations. Fat chance that would get passed though.
I Bet you

United States

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Clean it up wrote:
Pills are an easy to obtain drug nowadays. Got some back pain? Find the right doc, and you will be hooked up in no time! Have heard of prescriptions for as many as 120 pills each month. Find a way to kill of the pain clinics would be the #1 goal.#2, make the doctors responsible for the prescriptions they make.#3, constant drug testing for those who are prescribed the pills. Blood work, all that jaz, make sure they aren't loaded up on other drugs, and are taking their own pills prescribed to them.
You cant really legalize prescription drug use. Would be the same as making it all available over the counter, and that would make things ALOT worse. I personally watch drug sales each month go on around me. I lost count of the number of times I have seen drugs being sold here in Maynardville.
What we really need is a good, true police force that will fight the drug problems. Most will turn a blind eye to it. Some are worth a damn and will arrest them, but if the drug dealer/user is in good with the high ups in the county, they get released on probation, no matter how many priors they have on them. We gotta get them locked up, and keep them locked up.
Another option is to create a "Drug head" season, where we can go hunt the druggies just like we do other animals to control their populations. Fat chance that would get passed though.
If there would be some undercover cops working in the parking lots of food city, IGA, Bates market,And at the Pizza Plus theres a pay phone where there calling and sitting there waiting on there drugs to be delivered everyday, First of the month till the middle of the month or when people get there foodstamps there trading for drugs, Yes we see it everytime were at any store, Come on sheriff and cops get working do your jobs, Look at friends market there dealing drugs right there in the store don't know who owns that place but do they know about the drugs going on in there oh maybe so, And theres cops there all the time guess there turning there heads tho don't want to bit the hands that makes your food right ?Bust the drug dealers stop chasing people with lights out or not wearing a seat belt, the dealers and druggies are the ones were wanting out of here, Mr Loy get some cops on the drugs stop letting kids and people die over drug, Thats what we the people elected you for to be a sheriff clean up this county or you will be like Obama you will be out of here come 2014.
What I Think

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2012
I Bet you wrote:
<quoted text> If there would be some undercover cops working in the parking lots of food city, IGA, Bates market,And at the Pizza Plus theres a pay phone where there calling and sitting there waiting on there drugs to be delivered everyday, First of the month till the middle of the month or when people get there foodstamps there trading for drugs, Yes we see it everytime were at any store, Come on sheriff and cops get working do your jobs, Look at friends market there dealing drugs right there in the store don't know who owns that place but do they know about the drugs going on in there oh maybe so, And theres cops there all the time guess there turning there heads tho don't want to bit the hands that makes your food right ?Bust the drug dealers stop chasing people with lights out or not wearing a seat belt, the dealers and druggies are the ones were wanting out of here, Mr Loy get some cops on the drugs stop letting kids and people die over drug, Thats what we the people elected you for to be a sheriff clean up this county or you will be like Obama you will be out of here come 2014.
I Think That The KKK Should Come In Here And Clean This Place Up I Know They Can Do It, And There's A lot Of Them Come On KKK We Need Help Please
Bunny

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 9, 2012
wiseowl wrote:
I wonder why so many people are on pills? Does anyone have reasons for this situation. Do people think it will make them happy? Are they unhappy? It seems having a family and loving and taking care of your children would make you happy. If so, there is no need for these other empty hopes. Perhaps, some just use for social reasons and get hooked. Whatever the situation, there is help in the county
if you desire. I am old and I am happy in spite of
many disappointments without alcohol or drugs. Do you think there would be less drug use if it were legal? I think those who would use would be a separate community and this would allow innocent people and their children live in a safe harbor. The law, the talk, people who want to help have all been miserable failures. If only there was a desire in the heart of each user to search for a spirit of freedom from this wretched way of life, our county could once again be mostly free of these awful times.
A lot of people who are on pills for the high they get started taking them for real reasons and didn't stop. Then there are the ones who started out taking them for the high and don't want to stop. Then there are the people who actually need the pills and can't get the medication they require for their intense pain because losers like the forementioned cheat the system and abuse whatever pills they can get their hands on.
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#6 Oct 9, 2012
It is a fact that if anyone takes pain medication long enough, they become an addict whether they want to or not. This includes all types of people. I know that lots of women carry prex bottle in purse and take the stuff all the time. Some of them don't have a clue what they are taking. Just tell the doc they have a problem and the script is written. Some of them go to church all the time, some are preachers wives, deacon's wives, etc. They are good people, but do not know they are doing the very thing the county is dealing with. Let's start with the truth and the root of the problem. Any effort may help a little.
Bunny

Knoxville, TN

#7 Oct 10, 2012
I was on pain meds for years while i was going through some treatments and in a lot of pain through it all. When my treatments were finally complete I stopped taking them cold turkey. No issues at all so I have to disagree with you on that Cat12. The people who are addicts are the ones who like the drugs and don't want to stop. If someone wants to stop drugs they can. All you have to do is... not do it....
Bunny

Knoxville, TN

#8 Oct 10, 2012
Fact: going to church dont make you a good person , neither does being a deacon's wife or even a deacon .
Fact:we make who we are not where we go or what we do for a living. yes anyone can be a drug addict but also anyone can be a former drug addict.
Fact: if you cant quit its because you dont want to.
my brother was on drugs of every kind and one dy he looked at his existence and didnt like what he saw so he stopped. just like that. if a true junkie can do that then some deacons wife can stop taking her mommys little helper pills. I dont feel sorry for drug addicts, only for the people who have to put up with them and pay their medical bills.
WHY CANT WE JUST GET ALON

Maynardville, TN

#9 Oct 10, 2012
wright strait to the .............
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#10 Oct 10, 2012
I agree with Bunny on most issues. I have had four surgeries, one requiring 2 1/2 hours. As normal practice, I was sent home the pain meds. Like you when the pain slowed down, I quit. I also quit smoking cold turkey. It seems logical to just quit. Why not? We must agree to disagree on stopping these horrific drugs cold. I think my luck was investigating the surgeons and then getting an excellent job. It never occurs to some to do this. The best, however, makes mistakes. Some people get very bad surgery and never know it. After all, the license says they are licensed to PRACTICE. Some patients now get the big bugs in the hospital that current meds has very little effect on. These patients are sent home with 8,9,10, pain for a very long period. Many are then in wheelchairs and eventually very painful sores. Both of us have been fortunate to not be in this situation. First, I need to state that I did not mean to isolate people in church. I know these women in and out of church
carry xanax in their purse and each time I have had friends and neighbors offer me such type meds when I have had a bad thing to deal with. I declined each time. I learned in the 60's and 70's about mood altering drugs. They were both prescribed and bought on the street. Back then they were called yellow jackets and red devils. Mixed with moonshine they would be a trip like nightmares. You are correct my sympathy went to the family and the poor little children who went hungry. However, I also felt for the mother. She, of course, died young. I really don't know if she tried or preferred to be in outer space. Having been a witness to withdrawal on several occasions, I can't believe she wanted to be in this hell. These pill dealers were reported time and time again to much higher authority than the sheriff---nothing was ever done. One dealer was a physician in Tazewell, a druggist on Broadway and a physician on Hotel Avenue in Fountain City. The moonshine could be purchased in many places in union County. It is being sold today, but not as open.
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#11 Oct 10, 2012
I had an experience back in the 70's where I was being treated for a common sinus infection, For no reason, the doc got in my face and asked if I were depressed. I said "No" that had never been a problem. H then said " thought you might need something for your nerves". I often think what may have happened if my answer had been Yes. Loss of job, good husband, no success in raising sober adult children and maybe in the gutter. Worse a prostitute on Magnolia Avenue and my children with no confidence and heart broken they had no mother to give them warm hugs, encouragement, warm meals, clean beds and clean clothes, and roocking them and reading bedtime stories. These were the most wonderful and happy years of my life. Wish I could do it again. I remember First Lady, Nancy Reagan, took a great project called "Just say No". It went down as a failure as all other programs to date. I wish you would talk to your brother and provide his story because it could inspire someone else to try. If it could save just one then a whole family could possibly be saved from this hell. I know one person who was just on alcohol. Bad enough, but he quit cold after he lost his family. He stayed quit for the rest of his life. I think he attended AA meetings for a long time. He reunited with his wife and children. They became a happy family again. On occasion where mixed drinks were served at a meeting, he would reply "I can't drink, I'm an alcholic". He was well respected. This statement worked for him. I know I can't spell alcoholic. Please do so for me. Anyone who has a success story could put on this web and it may help. Everything else has failed. One more think, I did mean to say anything about people who go to church. Just making a point. I do agree going to church does not make the person. The person makes the person. One of the best families I ever knew never went to church. I don't know why. All the chldren grew up and are fine people. One of the worst people I ever knew, I met in church. One more thing, the young woman who died many years ago and left several small children and teenagers grew up and none do drugs, drink alcohol, only one smokes. Coming from bad parents, broken homes, and bad enviroment is no excuse.Please respond.
wow

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 11, 2012
cat12 wrote:
I had an experience back in the 70's where I was being treated for a common sinus infection, For no reason, the doc got in my face and asked if I were depressed. I said "No" that had never been a problem. H then said " thought you might need something for your nerves". I often think what may have happened if my answer had been Yes. Loss of job, good husband, no success in raising sober adult children and maybe in the gutter. Worse a prostitute on Magnolia Avenue and my children with no confidence and heart broken they had no mother to give them warm hugs, encouragement, warm meals, clean beds and clean clothes, and roocking them and reading bedtime stories. These were the most wonderful and happy years of my life. Wish I could do it again. I remember First Lady, Nancy Reagan, took a great project called "Just say No". It went down as a failure as all other programs to date. I wish you would talk to your brother and provide his story because it could inspire someone else to try. If it could save just one then a whole family could possibly be saved from this hell. I know one person who was just on alcohol. Bad enough, but he quit cold after he lost his family. He stayed quit for the rest of his life. I think he attended AA meetings for a long time. He reunited with his wife and children. They became a happy family again. On occasion where mixed drinks were served at a meeting, he would reply "I can't drink, I'm an alcholic". He was well respected. This statement worked for him. I know I can't spell alcoholic. Please do so for me. Anyone who has a success story could put on this web and it may help. Everything else has failed. One more think, I did mean to say anything about people who go to church. Just making a point. I do agree going to church does not make the person. The person makes the person. One of the best families I ever knew never went to church. I don't know why. All the chldren grew up and are fine people. One of the worst people I ever knew, I met in church. One more thing, the young woman who died many years ago and left several small children and teenagers grew up and none do drugs, drink alcohol, only one smokes. Coming from bad parents, broken homes, and bad enviroment is no excuse.Please respond.
You started over hereand ended up over there by way of the scenic route. Having surgery to loving your kids in just a few lines. Anyway,I really don't think taking an anti-depressant would have cause all those problems you listed here. However, I can see what you're trying to say ( I think). Alot of doctors will off pain meds for minor things such as a bad ear infection and things like that. It only takes a weaker will to noot be able to stop taking the pain meds once thet're healed. Most people who start, don't stop. Not because they can't but because they won't. It's the same with people who smoke, they could stop if they wanted to but they're weak so they keep smoking rather than deal with a little discomfort and grumpiness for a couple of weeks. I have no respect for these people. And by the way, to all you smokers, YOU STINK!!! You smell so strongly of smelly ciggarette smoke that we nonsmokers can smell you from across a store parkinglot!!! I know this has nothing to do with the conversation but I thought you should know. YOU STINK!!!! WE CAN SMELL YOU AND NO AMOUNT OF COLOGNE OR PERFUME CAN COVER IT UP!
the facts

United States

#13 Oct 11, 2012
They need to catch all of the pills heads in union county like the seals an dustin bowels there the main suppliers
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 12, 2012
To Wow: Sorry I took the scenic route. I do worry about the innocent children in the drug houses. I think except for the grace of God there goes I. Most of the people I know got started on prex drugs, not on the street. That was a few years ago. Now I do not know. It seems there's a hugh supply from all sources. My intent was to compare some patient situations very different from Bunny. We were both very lucky. Some patients do get bad surgery, go home and only get worse and must take pain pills for a very long time or forever. They do become addicted. Here's another true story. My cousin fought colon cancer for four years. He had to take pain pills. When all treatment was hopeless, he was referred to the pain clinic at the foot of old St. Mary's. He had to enter the same door use the same waiting room, and the same doctors as the druggies. While he was there the druggies that hung out on the parking lot would steal his gas. He had to endure the humilitation
Really

United States

#15 Oct 13, 2012
Bunny wrote:
I was on pain meds for years while i was going through some treatments and in a lot of pain through it all. When my treatments were finally complete I stopped taking them cold turkey. No issues at all so I have to disagree with you on that Cat12. The people who are addicts are the ones who like the drugs and don't want to stop. If someone wants to stop drugs they can. All you have to do is... not do it....
Couldn't have said it any better...Your so right.. If they wanted to stop they can get help for their problem...
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 13, 2012
Cont'd To Wow
he had to endure the humilitation. He had not made bad decisions in his life, but was among the worst of the worst--all together in one room. This medical situation should not exist. He died at age 53 and fought hard to live, and ended up at a pain clinic because the docs said there was nothing else they could do.
I finish this story with a good ending. Today, I spoke with a person who was sent to Cleveland Clinic for a 8 hour surgery. Home now and is recovering with the help of meds, thrapy and pain pills. This person(I don't think) would abuse the pills and will not go down the tube because of them. I did learn from this person the pain clinic was discussed by the docs. This person said absolutely not. I will not go there. The primary physician then agreeded to take care of the pain pills. I learned YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THE PAIN CLINIC. Hope this will help really sick people who do not fit the pain clinic profile. As for me and mine I am glad to learn this. I've learned to you have to stand your ground. Wish my poor cousin and immediate family had known this.
Oh My

Knoxville, TN

#19 Oct 17, 2012
reference wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with you there. But Dustin Boles says he has the cops in his back pockets...
His buddy is Joe Painter. So they BOTH must be dealing. I live in the same subdivision and I know he deals.
Will anything be done,,,NO, I doubt it.
And joe painter drives a school bus for mrs hubbs in knox county, Don't he have a heart problem ? Why the hell is he driving a school bus and putting the kids lifes at risk something needs to be done about this i would not let my kids ride a bus hes driving dealing drugs and had heart trouble wow, Wonder how he got a job driving a damn bus
oh my 2

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 19, 2012
Oh My wrote:
<quoted text> And joe painter drives a school bus for mrs hubbs in knox county, Don't he have a heart problem ? Why the hell is he driving a school bus and putting the kids lifes at risk something needs to be done about this i would not let my kids ride a bus hes driving dealing drugs and had heart trouble wow, Wonder how he got a job driving a damn bus
Guess you will have to ask Lois Hubbs about that one. Maybe all his diseases are FAKE,,,except for the dealing
Wow

Knoxville, TN

#21 Oct 19, 2012
reference wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with you there. But Dustin Boles says he has the cops in his back pockets...
His buddy is Joe Painter. So they BOTH must be dealing. I live in the same subdivision and I know he deals.
Will anything be done,,,NO, I doubt it.
Did I see in the halls shopper they had a benefit for dustin boles because he wrecked his bike just before he was suppose to sale it ? So the people in this county has gave him money for drugs thats just WRONG
simpleman

Maynardville, TN

#22 Oct 20, 2012
i smell a fat boy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynardville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New grocery store 2 hr Mike 11
BIGGEST liars union county 2 hr Used 18
justin weaver- advance auto (Nov '14) 10 hr Geturfacts 74
roberta chesney (Nov '14) 17 hr Cousin 17
Who is the best at HMMS 20 hr Will 14
sex offender in our neighborhood (May '11) Nov 14 Bob 75
Dykes at Middle School Nov 13 Nick 2 11

Maynardville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance