david cox for road super
The Iceman

Maynardville, TN

#61 Jun 4, 2012
tellus wrote:
<quoted text> just who r u refering to when u talk abt big money supporters form both mr.merritt & mr. cox? To me, it seems both men have worked all their lives so maybe they have used their money wisely. I dont believe either one of them have had to waste their money on bail or attnys.hmmmm makes sense to me.....
When you've done nothing wrong, it's not a waste! It's a right. Oh, and that would make sense to one of the blind masses. "Whither thou goest, I wilt follow..Baa..Baa..."
Ya right

Maynardville, TN

#62 Jun 6, 2012
Did anyone of you go to that thing last nite I did and all Mr.Cox could say is I GOT 28 YEARS, & Mr.Mermitt could say is I WILL NOT HAVE WOMEN WORK FOR ME & I WILL KNOW WHERE EVERYONE IS AT ALL TIMES, I just hope he knows that he CAN ONLY HAVE ONE JOB IN OFFICE so that means no more being mayor IF HE GETS IN. Can't wait for the debate on the 30th of June & I will be there too
1 whoknows

United States

#63 Jun 6, 2012
Ya right wrote:
Did anyone of you go to that thing last nite I did and all Mr.Cox could say is I GOT 28 YEARS, & Mr.Mermitt could say is I WILL NOT HAVE WOMEN WORK FOR ME & I WILL KNOW WHERE EVERYONE IS AT ALL TIMES, I just hope he knows that he CAN ONLY HAVE ONE JOB IN OFFICE so that means no more being mayor IF HE GETS IN. Can't wait for the debate on the 30th of June & I will be there too
be careful about the lies you tell, I was there too and the entire thing was taped.I will also attend the nxt one and I'm sure you will discusshow important honesty & integrity is in public office.that is about the only thing you didnt ramble on about.
letting you know

Morristown, TN

#64 Jun 6, 2012
bassman wrote:
i think we should give him a shot,david is a good honest hard working man and i think would do a great job,look at the new highway "nice"
Mr. Cox didnt do that highway and yes he was honest about keeping my money just because i brought a big bill to pay him he felt i didnt derseved the change.
I was at that thing also

Maynardville, TN

#65 Jun 6, 2012
Yes I also attended "That thing" on the lake. While I may or may not vote for Ms Hopper, I can tell you that I was very disappointed in what David had to say, and, very impressed with Mr. Merritt! If I were choosing strictly between Cox and Merritt, I would have to go with Mr. Merritt based on his confidence. I will have to say that I was extremely surprised that no one stooped as low as bringing up Ms. Hoppers current legal woes. They kept everything very professional.
Ya right

Maynardville, TN

#66 Jun 6, 2012
I was at that thing also wrote:
Yes I also attended "That thing" on the lake. While I may or may not vote for Ms Hopper, I can tell you that I was very disappointed in what David had to say, and, very impressed with Mr. Merritt! If I were choosing strictly between Cox and Merritt, I would have to go with Mr. Merritt based on his confidence. I will have to say that I was extremely surprised that no one stooped as low as bringing up Ms. Hoppers current legal woes. They kept everything very professional.
I just hope you & Mr.Merritt know that Mr.Merritt can't be in 2 public office JOBS
luttrell voter

Hendersonville, TN

#67 Jun 7, 2012
both mr merritt and mr cox have stated many times that they will not have but 1 job,so why do you keep harping on the same nonissue?sorry if that is the only drawback these men have is the fact that they are dedicated hardworking people. gosh wish that was my only flaw.
I was at that thing also

Maynardville, TN

#68 Jun 7, 2012
Ya right wrote:
<quoted text> I just hope you & Mr.Merritt know that Mr.Merritt can't be in 2 public office JOBS
Yes I know that he can't have two public jobs, and, I was wondering when he was going to resign from the mayors office. On another note, I am currently supporting Ms. Hopper, as I believe that we need fresh, unconnected eyes on our road problems. I am also of the opinion that she was falsely accused as some sort of political motive. I put nothing past these people around here. Sometimes I'm almost ashamed of where I'm from.
OMG

United States

#69 Jun 7, 2012
<quoted text> Yes I know that he can't have two public jobs, and, I was wondering when he was going to resign from the mayors office. On another note, I am currently supporting Ms. Hopper, as I believe that we need fresh, unconnected eyes on our road problems. I am also of the opinion that she was falsely accused as some sort of political motive. I put nothing past these people around here. Sometimes I'm almost ashamed of where I'm from.
Maybe you missed the Union News Leader last week. Her mug shot was in there and it was knox county nothing to do with our town or our election. Maybe you know about it and just don't care or are in denial or whatever you may be. I can't understand what anyone with any knowledge of these three candidates work history would be doing by saying they "support" Hopper. Cox has got a good record supervising the work being done and is a good foreman. If the truth be told,all three candidates could benefit our county. Merritt is the one to be best for Road Supervisor. Cox would be a great foreman to make great roads and Hopper is already experienced in working under both a supervisor and a foreman. That folks is my opinion and also very accurate facts and if everyone truely wanted the best for our county,it would be the way it needs to be played out. Although the county's best interests are not what everyone wants. Like it or not,thats how it is. Good Luck Johnny!!!
letting you know

Wilmington, NC

#70 Jun 8, 2012
ucv wrote:
Why would you all take up for a damn thief!? Thats all MS LUCINDA HOPPER is!Wanna talk about a crook,that would be her..not Mr Cox.He is as honest as they come.Guess ya'all are just jealous he has a lil class to him and isnt WHITE TRASH like HOPPER!.And whoever is for the lady,your crazy..she would screw this county over. Wonder if she got her closet full with all those stolen items from Kohls?She must have really needed her some campaign clothes,and wonder if she would let us all borrow some.Maybe some orange jumpsuits or black and white stripes?haha
So much for innocent before beening proved guilty or wait is that the other way around. Mr. Cox is a good ole boy and that is all he would take care of. Honest as they come doesn't mean they are honest.
I was at that thing also

Maynardville, TN

#71 Jun 8, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you missed the Union News Leader last week. Her mug shot was in there and it was knox county nothing to do with our town or our election. Maybe you know about it and just don't care or are in denial or whatever you may be. I can't understand what anyone with any knowledge of these three candidates work history would be doing by saying they "support" Hopper. Cox has got a good record supervising the work being done and is a good foreman. If the truth be told,all three candidates could benefit our county. Merritt is the one to be best for Road Supervisor. Cox would be a great foreman to make great roads and Hopper is already experienced in working under both a supervisor and a foreman. That folks is my opinion and also very accurate facts and if everyone truely wanted the best for our county,it would be the way it needs to be played out. Although the county's best interests are not what everyone wants. Like it or not,thats how it is. Good Luck Johnny!!!
No Ma'am, I did not miss the news leader, and I doubt there were many people that did. I just believe that I can only believe about half of what I see and none of what I hear. Now when I read that she is going to prison over this, then I might have to change my mind. Until then, I am still a supporter of her and if she only gets one vote, then that would be me! I just can't see abandoning someone because they might have made a mistake, or because of a bunch of gossip on a website where no one has to take responsibility for the things that they write! So, there , either vote for her or don't vote for her, just be sure to VOTE!
Buzz off

Maynardville, TN

#72 Jun 9, 2012
<quoted text> No Ma'am, I did not miss the news leader, and I doubt there were many people that did. I just believe that I can only believe about half of what I see and none of what I hear. Now when I read that she is going to prison over this, then I might have to change my mind. Until then, I am still a supporter of her and if she only gets one vote, then that would be me! I just can't see abandoning someone because they might have made a mistake, or because of a bunch of gossip on a website where no one has to take responsibility for the things that they write! So, there , either vote for her or don't vote for her, just be sure to VOTE!
Sorry but will will have more then your one vote cause has mine so thats TWO no matter what
Eys Wide Open

Cookeville, TN

#73 Jun 10, 2012
blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
And people like you and your way of thinking is what's wrong with America!
Excuse you. It is people like you that should have stay in England instead of coming to America.
luttrell resident

Brentwood, TN

#74 Jun 13, 2012
Thunder Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain her experience operating depts., budgets, working with grants, managing employees, ethic practices, applied engineering experience (not textbook) and leadership abilities. It is to one's credit to be a hard worker, but it takes experience and intelligence to run a county's road dept.
Ask Merritt how he wound up with some playground equipment at his house that was was purchased with grant monies for the Luttrell park ?
Another Luttrell Resident

Franklin, TN

#75 Jun 13, 2012
luttrell resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Merritt how he wound up with some playground equipment at his house that was was purchased with grant monies for the Luttrell park ?
Merrit had to go to court over stealing the playground equipment.
It cost the city bunches of money. This was in the shopper several years ago. Merritt is the mayor of Luttrell and doesn't even live in the city according to the new maps. Treats his city employees terrible. No way would I vote for him! Check with Shanon Carey at the shopper she was the one who ran the story.
need to know

Hendersonville, TN

#76 Jun 15, 2012
Another Luttrell Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Merrit had to go to court over stealing the playground equipment.
It cost the city bunches of money. This was in the shopper several years ago. Merritt is the mayor of Luttrell and doesn't even live in the city according to the new maps. Treats his city employees terrible. No way would I vote for him! Check with Shanon Carey at the shopper she was the one who ran the story.
would love to know which issue that story was in, I dont suppose you could tell me. If this is true we need to know and if this isn't true it shouldn't be mentioned.
meet and greeter

Brentwood, TN

#77 Jun 16, 2012
I have talked to both candidates. Mr Cox did not impress me at all. ALL he could talk about was his vast experience,but had no clue when asked about his money management skills.
Mr Merritt did NOT say he would not hire women,but did have some good ideas and could answer the business questions I asked him.
Soooo for my time with BOTH candidates,,,,,Mr Merritt was the better choice for me.
W E FROM 10 A C

Maynardville, TN

#78 Jun 17, 2012
meet and greeter wrote:
I have talked to both candidates. Mr Cox did not impress me at all. ALL he could talk about was his vast experience,but had no clue when asked about his money management skills.
Mr Merritt did NOT say he would not hire women,but did have some good ideas and could answer the business questions I asked him.
Soooo for my time with BOTH candidates,,,,,Mr Merritt was the better choice for me.
I agree with you on the issue with Mr. Cox, but I am more than a little concerned over Mr. Merritt's eagerness to subcontract the work. I do not want to see "little Tijajuana" over at the county garage either. I'm just afraid that our local people will lose their jobs to the same mexicans that Mr. merritt uses in his personal business. Just sayin'...
Wondering

United States

#79 Jun 18, 2012
W E FROM 10 A C wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you on the issue with Mr. Cox, but I am more than a little concerned over Mr. Merritt's eagerness to subcontract the work. I do not want to see "little Tijajuana" over at the county garage either. I'm just afraid that our local people will lose their jobs to the same mexicans that Mr. merritt uses in his personal business. Just sayin'...
mr. merritt mentioned wanting to put a brine system in to take care of ice on the roads in winter, if our county roads are in bad shape now seems like that would completely destroy what roads we have? Can anyone educate me on this issue
W E FROM 10 A C

Maynardville, TN

#80 Jun 18, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> mr. merritt mentioned wanting to put a brine system in to take care of ice on the roads in winter, if our county roads are in bad shape now seems like that would completely destroy what roads we have? Can anyone educate me on this issue
I don't know that I can educate anyone but, I am aware that not all of our county roads are suitable for chemical treatment during inclement weather. They are not all asphalt, many of them are what I've been told are "chip & tar". The tar being incompatable with many of the currently available chemical treatments. I am to understand that while the "brine" works wonders at minimalizing the formation of ice, it also breaks down the make up of the tar at the same time. Again, I have not been to school on this, just talked to a few cival engineers that I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynardville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
honest opinion please 44 min lil d 7
Jesse Ellis 5 hr Mike Ogle 7
Robert Bob Bowers County Commissioner candidate 6 hr Not concerned 7
Luttrell trailer park on 61 8 hr Neighbors 3
Matthew Muncey 10 hr Just saying 6
What's your thoughts on our counties law enforc... 16 hr carrey 13
Parking at Courthouse Sat Yep 3

Maynardville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance