What happened to this county?????
thats all nice and good

Nashville, TN

#182 Apr 27, 2011
it is like every where else good bad and in between . all we can hope for is that their is more good than bad . and that good people do the right thing and not just turn your head to the bad
Birthday Wife

Speedwell, TN

#183 Aug 10, 2011
There is nothing nice, friendly, and respectable!!! Thing is, there never was, just back before technology, it was your word against theirs and people gave up the fight easier. Especially when the (their) in question was a "good ole boy" or somebody's brother,cousin, or friend, there was no "getting justice." Now, people are MAD. The Larger alphabet boys are taking out the good ole' boys and people are Loving IT. God is great in the end, but we want something done NOW!!!!
white rogue

Morristown, TN

#184 Aug 10, 2011
Birthday Wife wrote:
There is nothing nice, friendly, and respectable!!! Thing is, there never was, just back before technology, it was your word against theirs and people gave up the fight easier. Especially when the (their) in question was a "good ole boy" or somebody's brother,cousin, or friend, there was no "getting justice." Now, people are MAD. The Larger alphabet boys are taking out the good ole' boys and people are Loving IT. God is great in the end, but we want something done NOW!!!!
Amen to that!! Good things are happening finally !!!
i agree

Mount Juliet, TN

#185 Aug 10, 2011
u maybe right
Birthday Wife

Speedwell, TN

#186 Aug 10, 2011
I am right. They took down a good ole boy that hurt me 13 years ago at the age of 15, and he totally got away with it. In May he and several other people were arrested by the TBI.

Go TBI!!!
Birthday Wife

Speedwell, TN

#187 Aug 10, 2011
There really are some great people in this town. I couldn't wait to get back because I love how little old men talk to my child like shes their own grand-daughter. I love how people always wave, even at redlights. I love how people hold the door for you when you're walking in some place. Its big enough that you can be at peace, while its still small enough that people know whats going on.
MARCH COMING

Beaverton, OR

#188 Aug 10, 2011
I hope everyone is there on August 28th. Taking back our county and city from drugs and corruption!
Bubba

Murfreesboro, TN

#189 Aug 10, 2011
MARCH COMING wrote:
I hope everyone is there on August 28th. Taking back our county and city from drugs and corruption!
Take it back from the damn richardson's and ryan's and cooks,I like how Mr Chesney at the city meeting last night spoke up and said he vote to just get rid of the city police dept its nothing but trouble and a wast of our money,And Paul Bowman voted with him but the brown noses voted no,We have 2 good people at the city,Hats off to Mr Chesney and Paul Bowman,The rest needs to move on there just taking our money and the people are sick of there crooked ways,Lets march to remove them from our whole town who's with me ?
Birthday Wife

Speedwell, TN

#190 Aug 10, 2011
Thats an awesome idea. Union County is a beautiful place. Nature everywhere. While looking for a house to rent, every landlord that I met with had illegal leases. So, I called the courthouse trying to find someone to tell about it. The people I talked to said, "What do you want me to do about it?" I said, "Are you serious?? If you can't call the courthouse to uphold the law,who will??" Crooks, lazy people. Sure, theres bad people everywhere, but its worse when they are in charge. What about term limits? Why are the names in the paper the exact same ones that I have been hearing my entire life?? Any Problem I have ever had, whether it was bookwork, mechanics, or something job related, when I couldn't work it out, I thought, "I need a fresh set of eyes." Same as Union County.How could they not know about the federal funding deadline? That is their job.(Cause they sure don't do much else!) LOL
bubba what

Mount Juliet, TN

#191 Aug 11, 2011
really do you not read the stuff they say the county police dept doesnt do . i mean get real .what is going on about all the stuff we read . how come outside has to come in and take care of what should of been handles in the county where is the mayor the council and every one else on that war on drugs . doing a rally . please as so many have said dean hill made a difference and they got rid of him . when you need those people to help you get elected and do your dirty work . this is what you get enjoy its all over. so please stop saying the city look at the whole county cause drugs and corruption doesnt just live in the city . and thats the problem people wanted to push their agenda . and for get about all the rest
Birthday Wife

Speedwell, TN

#192 Aug 11, 2011
Sorry Bubba, the ENTIRE county. I read the newsleader all the time. The girl that does most of the writing, done a story about how she was consistently denied access to public records. I Wish there was a community center for our youth. We have stuff for little kids, but once they reach highschool, they have to be in organized sports or nothing. I'd say only 10% of the highschool population play sports. Alot of young people have died locally due to drug abuse. I don't want to see the county over developed and over populated like Gatlinburg. But I would love to see something just for teens where no adults are allowed(except chaperones). The old pool hall was fun, but adults and teens mixing just is not safe.
one who nos

Nolensville, TN

#193 Aug 14, 2011
I sorry that all people caint treat one or the same and pray for each other as a big state of vols and see eye to eye on the mess this nation is in today .LOVE ONE AND NOT THE OTHER AMEN
BWav

Speedwell, TN

#194 Aug 14, 2011
WOW!!! "One who knows," that was a serious expression of Intelligence.(Sarcasm)
People want things to happen. We wish ignorance and a lack of basic education were a thing of the past.I remember Why I left this town now.
Patriot Fan

Franklin, TN

#195 Aug 21, 2011
You got that right. Stop judging and see the good that is in UC. There are plenty of good people.
So so

United States

#196 Sep 2, 2011
If you want to see the good in UC. Get involved. There are lots of good people and good things happening in this county. When we get media coverage about a story in this county, they go find some person who can't afford dental work (toothless) and interview them about a topic they are covering. The person is usually not informed about the subject being covered and makes the county look like only idiots live here. We live in a place that education was never thought of as an important part of growing up. That is changing slowly. We still have these people running our government unfortunately. Until they open their eyes at the importance of education we won't have industry coming to this county. Education is on top of the list when a company is thinking about coming here and setting up a business. We have the work force but we don't have the Educational System. We are working on that as best as County Commission will allow. I love living in Union County.
madas

Speedwell, TN

#197 Sep 2, 2011
So so wrote:
If you want to see the good in UC. Get involved. There are lots of good people and good things happening in this county. When we get media coverage about a story in this county, they go find some person who can't afford dental work (toothless) and interview them about a topic they are covering. The person is usually not informed about the subject being covered and makes the county look like only idiots live here. We live in a place that education was never thought of as an important part of growing up. That is changing slowly. We still have these people running our government unfortunately. Until they open their eyes at the importance of education we won't have industry coming to this county. Education is on top of the list when a company is thinking about coming here and setting up a business. We have the work force but we don't have the Educational System. We are working on that as best as County Commission will allow. I love living in Union County.
True about the media. The media is no longer an actual outlet for news. I stopped wasting my time watching the news a few years ago. It is politically leaning, biased, opinionated, not many facts get stated. I have heard people talk about ways to save money from the welfare recipients. Granted, there needs to be control there. What about foreign wars? I am for making money, but Wal-Mart, for instance, their owners make the Forbes top 20 list every year.They continue building and growing. What about the mass multitude of employees paid minimum wage who work 40 hours a week and still have to have tenncare and foodstamps? How much is Wal-mart costing Tennessee, really? Not to mention the prices continue to rise, while wages remain at the lowest low, and the quality of the products, well there is no quality at wal-mart. The recall board is filled with different products almost daily.
team player

Brentwood, TN

#198 Sep 3, 2011
atleast in this county our kids dont have to worry about guns in school and most everyone knows everyone the people you grew up with now has kids that all gets along lets all get along
Madas

Speedwell, TN

#199 Sep 3, 2011
team player wrote:
atleast in this county our kids dont have to worry about guns in school and most everyone knows everyone the people you grew up with now has kids that all gets along lets all get along
Keep telling yourself that! It can happen anywhere, to any school, anytime! AS long as bullying is alive,which will be as long as prepubescent teens exist, there will be kids who don't fit in. As long as parents have that ignorant, it can't happen here attitude, it will continue. Columbine probably felt just as SAFE before the shooting. As long as you have adults like yourself, that turn the other cheek ignoring reality, shaping the minds of our youth, all problems will continue worsening. How many of these shooters were thought to be from 'good', not poor, middle class suburbia? Several! The world is Crazy, I am sure it always has been, but with the media outlets we have today, its always in our face. My kid can't even watch Dora on youtube without hitting "DORA; on heroin." Not to mention, all the people, in everyday real life, and all their Habits. YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE!

Since: Aug 11

Union County

#200 Sep 5, 2011
As for this County AND everywhere........ When they took away Parents Rights on raising their child and gave the rights to the children, that is one problem with the good ole USA, but the worst thing they did was taking PRAYER out of our schools!!!!!!!!!! Prayer was always in school as I grew up and the a$$ whippings I got taught me right from wrong and made me respect my Parents!! People may not agree with me, BUT, theres a MAJOR difference between whipping a child and beating a child. My parents whipped me, and today as I look back, I respect the way they raised me and it made me a better person. As for Prayer in school as I grew up, it made me a even better person and gave me a heart of gold. May God bless you all.
AGREE

Speedwell, TN

#201 Sep 5, 2011
We can't change all that. I'm planning on working however much it takes just to put my child in private school. I don't want her being DUMBED down because of 'No Child left Behind."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynardville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joey (Jun '16) 22 hr Grimy Phoxx 7
Estes Flanigan Tue JESUS 7
justin weaver- advance auto (Nov '14) Tue word around 23
Jacob Ballinger Tue Amy Bailey 5
dui Mon Sugar tree 16
welches (Jan '13) Jan 16 Rooster 26
gary clark (Aug '13) Jan 15 Local 19

Maynardville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance