Revival Vision Church of God

Revival Vision Church of God

Posted in the Maynardville Forum

Mary J

Tazewell, TN

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Was this church built in one of Union County's industrial parks?
just me

Knoxville, TN

#2 Sep 24, 2012
the church startd in a tent then behind the IGA store to double wide on Durham and now to a beautiful church. God has truly blessed
Mary J

Ooltewah, TN

#3 Sep 25, 2012
just me wrote:
the church startd in a tent then behind the IGA store to double wide on Durham and now to a beautiful church. God has truly blessed
The question is if this church was built on property purchased by the county for indusrial development using taxpayers' money?

If you know so much about the church, you should be able to answer this question.

If the answer is "yes," then it sounds like it was the taxpayers of the county, who's money was used for the purchase of the property and who will not be receiving any future property tax from this land, are the ones who have "truly blessed."
just me

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 5, 2012
not going to argue about who is blessin whom I do know it was stated they( the church) paid off the purchase of the land before they began the building of the church. I normally don't read topix was looking for advertised yard sales. but your post caught my eye. May God bless you whether you want him to or not.
Just saying

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 6, 2012
Mary J, if your in Tazewell, then what's it any of your business? Here's an idea, keep your nose where it belongs. You sound like a bitter old lady. Just saying.
Mary J

Tazewell, TN

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Just saying wrote:
Mary J, if your in Tazewell, then what's it any of your business? Here's an idea, keep your nose where it belongs. You sound like a bitter old lady. Just saying.
JS, if you can't or aren't going to answer the question, then "what business is it of yours"? I'm not bitter nor old, just thinking - about things that should be the business of all taxpayers. Oh, one more thing: Just saying NOT!
oops there it is

Corryton, TN

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Just saying wrote:
Just because it says Tazewell, doesn't mean thats where they live. You can make it say anything you want. You sound kinda bitter yourself :)... just saying
Just saying

Knoxville, TN

#8 Oct 8, 2012
oops there it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because it says Tazewell, doesn't mean thats where they live. You can make it say anything you want. You sound kinda bitter yourself :)... just saying
SO you and Mary J are friends? you both sound bitter old blue hairs. Get a life. There is more to worry about in this country than a church building in an industrial park. Of course your probably Obama supporters. Just saying. DUD
Just saying

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 8, 2012
And here's an idea, call the church pastor and ask him.
Mamma Kat

Knoxville, TN

#10 Oct 8, 2012
what what about Mary Jane? I hear they found a whole coffee cane of Mary Jane down in Oliver Springs today lol
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#11 Oct 15, 2012
I read topix and find it very informative. When two or three share opinions, I try to have an open mind and learn something. I skip the messages that are of a vulgar nature.
Concerning the messages between Mamma Kat and Mary J, I give the question some serious thought. I did not know the church existed. However, I see nothing wrong with the question. If taxpayers purchased land for an industrial park, and it was given by lease or deed to a church, I think the public has a right to know. If there is a question, it should be made public and a bad attitude concerning the matter will not help the church get established. If the land was paid for, it should be made public, amount paid for purchase, and to whom the deed was made. The county may have sold it since it appears it will be many years before the economy could support the land for a company to create jobs. Maybe a new church will help the community since all other efforts seem to be fruitless. Just saying.
simpleman

Maynardville, TN

#12 Oct 16, 2012
sound like u all need to repent and pray god have mercy on your life or next time their will be boils all over your body.clear as mud tim3e to turn befor U burn
Mary J

Ooltewah, TN

#13 Oct 16, 2012
simpleman wrote:
sound like u all need to repent and pray god have mercy on your life or next time their will be boils all over your body.clear as mud tim3e to turn befor U burn
suggest you start posting with "simplemind" rather than simpleman. From your last comment, it would be more fitting.
Facts

Knoxville, TN

#14 Nov 17, 2012
Mary J wrote:
<quoted text>
suggest you start posting with "simplemind" rather than simpleman. From your last comment, it would be more fitting.
Whjat does it matter if it was from the taxpayers money..at least something beneficial from tax money, and if it is paid for this way then all of union county owns an interest in it and the opportunity to make this church your home church where you can tithe and help pay the note back to the county.. Now this is the solution to this problem..think about it, it would change your minds and hearts into something good to say and help all of us that do try our best to live right and mind our own business...tomorrow is Sunday and God expects you to be in Church..Please go and show your support for God..This is not intended to be a smart alec reply..just stating facts that would give good results for everyone.
just wondering

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Is someone realy gripeing because their tax money was use to help a church?
Anonymous

Sweden

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Why does the US waste money and effort on building these worthless buildings?
Mary J

Ooltewah, TN

#18 Nov 18, 2012
Facts wrote:
<quoted text> Whjat does it matter if it was from the taxpayers money..at least something beneficial from tax money, and if it is paid for this way then all of union county owns an interest in it and the opportunity to make this church your home church where you can tithe and help pay the note back to the county.. Now this is the solution to this problem..think about it, it would change your minds and hearts into something good to say and help all of us that do try our best to live right and mind our own business...tomorrow is Sunday and God expects you to be in Church..Please go and show your support for God..This is not intended to be a smart alec reply..just stating facts that would give good results for everyone.
It matters for several reasons - it's against the law and unconstitutional to take the taxpayers' money and spend it on one specific religious project;

- the property was purchased by the UC taxpayers as a business/industrial park in order to encourage and support the development of small industry in the local area. By selling it to a church, the property is no longer available for that original purpose;

- Holding the property to sell at some later time when the economy picks up would, when it sold to a business, add it back to the property tax rolls. It's no longer available as potential taxable property. UC needs the tax money;

- Jobs that could have been generated by the property - the intent of the county buying it in the first place - are no longer available. UC needs jobs.

So it really does matter. It's extremely poor management of the county's limited economic resources. And it's not like there's no private property available for sale to churches.
just me

Knoxville, TN

#19 Dec 9, 2012
Call the pastor , call the county just ask them thenn you can conplain if you find out what you think is true take an ad out in the paper Just stop harping before you know any facts. don't ask these people they don't know. Go to the public records and find out.
SomeoneWhoknows

Cleveland, TN

#20 Feb 24, 2014
The church paid for it!!! Not with taxpayers money, but by people who wanted to do something good in their community!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynardville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Cooper 4 hr Old-school 1
Robert Bob Bowers County Commissioner candidate 11 hr Not Concerned 17
Maynardville will change in the next 10 years Wed biker 4
What's your thoughts on our counties law enforc... Wed chris 14
Stalkers Jul 26 MySpaceous 2
Sheriffs office Jul 26 Tammy f wright 1
michelle beeler (Mar '12) Jul 25 candy 34

Maynardville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance