The Other Side's owners summoned by l...

The Other Side's owners summoned by license commission regardin...

There are 36 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Feb 20, 2008, titled The Other Side's owners summoned by license commission regardin.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The License Commission summoned the owner of The Other Side, a strip club on Water Street, to tonight's meeting to discuss a stabbing that happened on Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MDoT

Rutland, VT

#23 Jun 6, 2008
i have to say this has been very entertaining.....def has my curiosity sparked.....i have just recently moved to fitchburg and im really not that impressed at all....in the past 3 weeks ive been here there has been more shooting and deaths due to shooting than i had seen all year last year in worcester.....i think theres more problems in this bucket than just some low scale strip club....it servers its purpose at the same time that it causes its problems....so is life...strippers arent bad people....and they are not all crack heads....and all though most of them say that they are doing it to pay for school...i.e. a degree.....im quite sure none of them do end up with any kinda degree....
G FROM THIS CITY

AOL

#24 Jun 6, 2008
I SAY SHUT THEM ALL DOWN WE DONT NEED ALL THE DIVES IN THIS CITY IF YOU WANT CLUBS LIKE THIS GO INTO THE COMBAT ZONE IN BOSTON.
10minaway

Lowell, MA

#25 Jul 14, 2008
I love it! Right in the city where it belongs.I went there a few weeks back. Beautiful women,cold beer and a good time.People that don't like it should move.I can't wait till they have 2 or 3 places in and around the city! I am looking in the Fitchburg/Leominster area....I'd love to own one myself!
jtn

Somerville, MA

#26 Jul 14, 2008
I wish there were more male strippers at the other side-men are a real turn on boys
erin

Berlin, MA

#27 Jul 25, 2008
Ive been to The Other Side and i think its really fun, it's just a good place to go and hang out. All these people that think women taking off their clothes is wrong and disgusting are just ridiculous, they're obviously happy doing what they're doing, no one is forcing them to be there. Shit i mean im taking my boyfriend this weekend as a birthday present.. im paying and im going to buy him a lap dance. It's just a fun place to go and if you havent been you should go and if you havent been and taken a seat and watched for more than two minutes you have no right to critize
Stu

Fitchburg, MA

#28 Nov 17, 2008
This place sounds like fun, what's the cover charge?!
whatever

Fitchburg, MA

#29 Nov 18, 2008
Listen get a life to all who do not like this Bar. Fitchburg is a dump and has been for a very long time and the club does not add to that. If it is not your cup of tea then don't go in. People that go are not scum, you may feel that way because your husband would rather be there then with you but that is not the clubs fault. The owner is a hard working family man that has multiple investments in fitchburg this is only one. As far as Jack from Halloween world, Is that the same one that pulled the fire alarm at city hall? Know that sounds real mature and oh what a success. The guy is a joke and and behaves like he is 2 so how well do you think he will manage. Check the records anytime you mix alcohol with entertainment there is a chance for a fight. The owner will defend his staff and protect his business and there is nothing wrong with that. You want to talk about crime focus on the increase of gang activity that is on the rise in fitchburg and worry about paying officers what they deserve and giving them the resources needed to make this a better city. Cleaning the nashua river won't fix fitchburg. Oh and by the way great idea for the new park and garage which are used mostly by addicts, hookers, and bums great investment there.
Stuish

Peabody, MA

#30 Dec 17, 2008
Nevermind all the tax revenue that they introduce to the city. You complain about bad school districts and underpaid cops, well how do you propose paying them better, let alone paying for better teachers or hell even pencils and paper for the students? Raising property taxes? Do that and the landlords will be forced to raise rent. Look beyond your own petty moral values that criticize everyone else who has different opinions than you. I use to be a bouncer, there and at many other establishments across the commonwealth, and I assure you that there is no thugish activity, at least not when I worked there. Fitchburg has been a POS town since well before it was Club Boston. The towns problems are much deeper than this superficial crisis. Fix Cleghorn first, rebuild downtown--again, it takes all types to make a city work and some of those types prefer their entertainment not take place in church.

Oh, and the cover is 5 for 21+, 10 for 18+
real deal

Boston, MA

#31 Dec 18, 2008
I have never been in the Other Side; but I don't have any problem with it being there. It is simply the fact that it exists in the first place that seems to bother alot of people. It does not appear to have anymore crime than any other bar in our fine and proud city. What about JR's over on North Street. The patrons there are encouraged to mix achohol with high horsepower burnouts by the owner of the Pub; Chuckie S; who is a Fitchburg Cop. Could Ol' Chuckie S has had a "piss on the people in the neighborhood" attitude about his late night loud music and burnout shows. Chuckie even had the balls to tell one of the neighbors living there who complained about blasting music at 11:30 at night " You can't do anything about it; I am a cop". Talk about a misguided asshole!
old and in the way

Boston, MA

#32 Dec 19, 2008
realdeal has hit the nail on the head! how is it that every Wednesday and Friday nights the mob at JR's can usurp public property and create a saftey hazzard? I can't even use the sidewalk on north street for all the motorcycles parked in front of the fire house..us old timers remember when we had to run these biker types out of town in the 1960's well now this kind of trouble is promoted, sanctioned and caused BY THE POLICE themselves..shame on you!
King of all Strippers

Wellesley, MA

#33 Dec 19, 2008
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
Studies show a lack of education contributes to crime. Your premise is not supported by either the current research or past studies.
Incidents of these crimes are no more prevalent in this club than they are on main street.
Adult Clubs Donít Cause Crime!
In actuality, the null findings may not be surprising given developments in the adult nightclub business over the last decade. First, the adult nightclub business in the late-1990s in many respects may be quite unlike that of the 1960s and 1970s when these establishments were relatively new forums of entertainment in American society. Adult nightclubs have been subjected to over two decades of municipal zoning restrictions across the country, and they usually must comply with many other regulations as well. These clubs do not appear to be locations where potential offenders gather to prey on desirable targets in the absence of crime suppressors, such as employees whose role is to ensure the safety of customers and the maintenance of order within the clubs.
The establishments themselves have evolved more closely into legitimate businesses establishments with management attention to profitability and continuity of existence.
The Toledo Study
http://votenoonissue1.com/AdultClubsDontCause...
Annon, what is this...facts and figures? no way to win an argument on this forum.
it's america, we're all free to do what pleases us, and some days that's giving some whu-ore $20 to grind her knee in my crotch. I'm glad the Other Side exists.
joline

Holden, MA

#34 Jun 27, 2009
first of all not everyone in fitchburg is trashy. second of all people need to shut up and realize that places like this are everywhere. it's not just fitchburg that has low life scum bags, even small towns have low lifes.
razor sharp

Wellesley, MA

#35 Oct 4, 2009
i got a rash from this place....its so raw
raw dog approved

Charlton, MA

#36 Nov 25, 2009
I totally raw dogged a girl from this club several times, I never caught any diseases and it was in her home what a beautiful girl.
Average Joe

Waterloo, Canada

#37 Aug 3, 2010
I grew up in that city & have seen prostitution & drugs long before that place opened. People this is easy - don't go to the place. The things that is wrong with the city is the people not the businesses. I'm not for nor against the place, but have never thought of doing drugs or fighting/etc. while a stripper was in front of me. No other city with strip clubs that I've been to (world-wide) has had problems because of the clubs. Stop blaming irrelevant sh!t & find out what the problem is. Why did the club on John Fitch close? Stupid people. Its the people who will never DO anything with there lives or teach their kids to be better.
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you gone? Prostitution is a crime. Drugs are not legal. Lap dancing is illegal. Anything else?
If you don't believe that is going on in that place you need to be educated.
King

Edgartown, MA

#38 Aug 4, 2010
Average Joe wrote:
I grew up in that city & have seen prostitution & drugs long before that place opened. People this is easy - don't go to the place. The things that is wrong with the city is the people not the businesses. I'm not for nor against the place, but have never thought of doing drugs or fighting/etc. while a stripper was in front of me. No other city with strip clubs that I've been to (world-wide) has had problems because of the clubs. Stop blaming irrelevant **** & find out what the problem is. Why did the club on John Fitch close? Stupid people. Its the people who will never DO anything with there lives or teach their kids to be better.
<quoted text>
The club on John Fitch closed because it was owned by the Latin Kings. This is an old topic. Move on folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Jul 24 nick 10
Sox / Tigers tickets tonight 7/18 Jul 18 Matildax0630 1
Review: Debbie's Pet Land (Aug '09) Jul 18 Matildax0630 36
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Jun 29 Flabby beergut 30
Rick Jenkins' lack of character (Mar '13) Jun 28 Disgustedinward2 4
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Hudson May '17 VictorOrians 1
Cousin is 13 and I'm 15 and I wanna have sex wi... (Jan '15) Apr '17 Fuckmeharder 4

Maynard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maynard Mortgages