The Other Side's owners summoned by license commission regardin...

The License Commission summoned the owner of The Other Side, a strip club on Water Street, to tonight's meeting to discuss a stabbing that happened on Jan. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill W

AOL

#1 Feb 20, 2008
Come on, are you kidding me or what? The licence commission has known for years the kind of stuff that goes on with that place. About 10 years ago, I was in on a meeting about the owner punching out one of the customers. The owner and his bouncers grabbed these young men and threw them out then the owner punched one of them in the eye. Of course the owner and his brutes defended each other and the kid was hung out to dry. they lied about them trying to pour a draft beer and refusing to leave.
Now lets remember his waitress who is getting laid out in the parking lot. that was last year. Many incidents have happened in between. Maybe too many of our "finest" are hanging out there.
ther is no place for this dump in fitchburg. Take the licence away. Don't say you can't. If all the incidents were being documented.....it would be a piece of cake.
Want change in Fitchburg. Then make them, and stop turning our backs to this stuff.
when will it end

South Weymouth, MA

#2 Feb 20, 2008
here is a good opportunity to close it down

this is NOT the firt incident

The avenue is open Fitchburg. Are you going to do the right thing?

DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE RESIDENTS
Fitchburg resident

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Feb 20, 2008
Close the place down..........enough said.
Marie in the Burg

Northampton, MA

#4 Feb 20, 2008
I would like to see it shut down, too. Unfortunately, I donít see it happening. There are MANY of these sleazy problem bars in Fitchburg, and they continue to operate. Everyone from Fitchburg knows about a few bars in particular that frequently and blatantly break the licensing rules. They could/should have been closed down years ago, but its business as usual.
Pat Robertson

Leominster, MA

#6 Feb 21, 2008
oops im pat not pay lol
GhostSoldier

Windham, NH

#7 Feb 23, 2008
i go to the Other Side on occassion and have a great time ever single time i go. i've never had any trouble there or seen any of the stuff thats supposed to happen there. its a strip club, its fun. if you don't like it, then don't go to it. and if you think it's such a horrible place, then check it out sometime, i think you'll be suprised. the girls are awesome, and i've never seen the security do anything to anyone. what's so wrong about a strip club?
paul

AOL

#9 Feb 24, 2008
GhostSoldier wrote:
i go to the Other Side on occassion and have a great time ever single time i go. i've never had any trouble there or seen any of the stuff thats supposed to happen there. its a strip club, its fun. if you don't like it, then don't go to it. and if you think it's such a horrible place, then check it out sometime, i think you'll be suprised. the girls are awesome, and i've never seen the security do anything to anyone. what's so wrong about a strip club?
Your too stupid and perverted to see that while your sitting around watching these women take their clothes off for you sick pleasure they ARE being exploited.
Marie

Brookline, MA

#10 Feb 24, 2008
Meanwhile, back in Kansas!!! Are you kidding me?? This place should be closed down. It's a dump! Nothing but crack whores and crack heads! Has anyone seen their "car wash"? These girls need to stick with their night life! They're nothing to look at with clothes on, never mind off! That place isn't classy, it's trashy! Then again, their patrons are a bunch of low life's too! Fitchburg isn't bad enough, you have to see a strip club upon entering the city. I wonder if mother nature has a land slide in store for that dump!
GhostSoldier

Windham, NH

#11 Feb 24, 2008
hey paul, no ones making those girls do that. every girl i've met there obviously wanted to do what they were doing. how is that being exploited? but hey, we've each got something in massachussetts. i've got the other side to watch beautiful girls, and you've got gay marraige for you and your boyfriend. honestly, if you think women taking their clothes off is so bad, than you're a prude, and most likely gay. and i bet you wouldnt say i'm stupid to my face.
Annon

Plainville, CT

#12 Feb 24, 2008
You people need to chill out. The Other Side is bringing great talent into this area.

http://www.fugly.com/videos/10679/mama-dance....
Linda

Middletown, CT

#13 Feb 24, 2008
Annon wrote:
You people need to chill out. The Other Side is bringing great talent into this area.
http://www.fugly.com/videos/10679/mama-dance....
the problem is that along with that "great talent" there is also increased crime. I would have to say I would rather have less crime than more "great talent". I just hope that the cops arent tied up down there when they are needed at a real emergency elsewhere
Annon

Plainville, CT

#14 Feb 25, 2008
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem is that along with that "great talent" there is also increased crime. I would have to say I would rather have less crime than more "great talent". I just hope that the cops arent tied up down there when they are needed at a real emergency elsewhere
Crime statistics are not in favor of this argument. There is no evidence that this club is disproportionately more often the source of police attention than other businesses in the city.

Studies have shown that crime does not tend to accompany, concentrate around, or be aggravated by the adult entertainment business.
dave

AOL

#15 Feb 25, 2008
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime statistics are not in favor of this argument. There is no evidence that this club is disproportionately more often the source of police attention than other businesses in the city.
Studies have shown that crime does not tend to accompany, concentrate around, or be aggravated by the adult entertainment business.
Are you gone? Prostitution is a crime. Drugs are not legal. Lap dancing is illegal. Anything else?
If you don't believe that is going on in that place you need to be educated.
Annon

Plainville, CT

#16 Feb 25, 2008
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you gone? Prostitution is a crime. Drugs are not legal. Lap dancing is illegal. Anything else?
If you don't believe that is going on in that place you need to be educated.
Studies show a lack of education contributes to crime. Your premise is not supported by either the current research or past studies.

Incidents of these crimes are no more prevalent in this club than they are on main street.

Adult Clubs Donít Cause Crime!

In actuality, the null findings may not be surprising given developments in the adult nightclub business over the last decade. First, the adult nightclub business in the late-1990s in many respects may be quite unlike that of the 1960s and 1970s when these establishments were relatively new forums of entertainment in American society. Adult nightclubs have been subjected to over two decades of municipal zoning restrictions across the country, and they usually must comply with many other regulations as well. These clubs do not appear to be locations where potential offenders gather to prey on desirable targets in the absence of crime suppressors, such as employees whose role is to ensure the safety of customers and the maintenance of order within the clubs.
The establishments themselves have evolved more closely into legitimate businesses establishments with management attention to profitability and continuity of existence.

The Toledo Study

http://votenoonissue1.com/AdultClubsDontCause...
Ken Burgess

Southbridge, MA

#17 Feb 25, 2008
Just wait until Mr. "halloween outlet" Hoover gets his upscale club opened across the street, it should get interesting!
Linda

Middletown, CT

#18 Feb 27, 2008
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
Studies show a lack of education contributes to crime. Your premise is not supported by either the current research or past studies.
Incidents of these crimes are no more prevalent in this club than they are on main street.
Adult Clubs Donít Cause Crime!
In actuality, the null findings may not be surprising given developments in the adult nightclub business over the last decade. First, the adult nightclub business in the late-1990s in many respects may be quite unlike that of the 1960s and 1970s when these establishments were relatively new forums of entertainment in American society. Adult nightclubs have been subjected to over two decades of municipal zoning restrictions across the country, and they usually must comply with many other regulations as well. These clubs do not appear to be locations where potential offenders gather to prey on desirable targets in the absence of crime suppressors, such as employees whose role is to ensure the safety of customers and the maintenance of order within the clubs.
The establishments themselves have evolved more closely into legitimate businesses establishments with management attention to profitability and continuity of existence.
The Toledo Study
http://votenoonissue1.com/AdultClubsDontCause...
so are you saying that all the strippers have bachelor or master degrees? get a clue it is a bad place...simple as that
Fitchburg Native

Plainville, CT

#19 Feb 27, 2008
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you saying that all the strippers have bachelor or master degrees? get a clue it is a bad place...simple as that
No worst than many of the other bars in the city. Many of the these women are very athletic and talented. Most women who have a problem with this kind of business are insecure in their own physical appearance and/or in their own relationships. Some of these women are doing six figures and are paying for schooling or homes. If it's such a bad place then why are so many people going there and why hasn't it been shut down in the last 20 years. The place has had less problems than most other bars in town. Hot Shots just had some wacko throw a round through it's front window the other night. A young women was assaulted at Slattery's the other night by a couple of old classmates and 40's in Leominster had a stabbing last summer. Look at the facts. Your opinion is clearly bias.
Annon

Plainville, CT

#20 Feb 27, 2008
Fitchburg Native wrote:
<quoted text>
No worst than many of the other bars in the city. Many of the these women are very athletic and talented. Most women who have a problem with this kind of business are insecure in their own physical appearance and/or in their own relationships. Some of these women are doing six figures and are paying for schooling or homes. If it's such a bad place then why are so many people going there and why hasn't it been shut down in the last 20 years. The place has had less problems than most other bars in town. Hot Shots just had some wacko throw a round through it's front window the other night. A young women was assaulted at Slattery's the other night by a couple of old classmates and 40's in Leominster had a stabbing last summer. Look at the facts. Your opinion is clearly bias.
My point exactly....
CIt4WhatItIs

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Feb 28, 2008
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
The real "adult entertainment business" in Fitchburg has existed decades before The Other Side. Mostly around Main st.

Interesting that The Other Side is being criticized so much, however nobody has said word 1 about the palaces like the "ROCK Bottom", where it's obvious to anyone going through the city where to buy their "rock".
Melissa

West Yarmouth, MA

#22 Feb 28, 2008
Fitchburg Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!! I know thats why half the woman HATE the strip clubs , i bet it makes their skins crawl when there husbands go HA!!! Well if they tell them they go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Rotarians host another spirited food and brewfe... Aug 23 Jerry 2
Several Mass. Companies Land on 2014 Inc. 5000 ... Aug 21 Lori 2453 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Editorial: Lawmakers still at it Aug '14 reality is a crutch 1
McNutt gets nod for town administrator Aug '14 Jtn 1
Is there any 'ghetto' in Sudbury?? (Apr '08) Jul '14 Sudbury gal 33
•••

Maynard News Video

•••
•••

Maynard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••