As Fitchburg man battles cancer, thos...

As Fitchburg man battles cancer, those he helped rally for bene...

There are 16 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jul 21, 2009, titled As Fitchburg man battles cancer, those he helped rally for bene.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Fitchburg resident Dwight French is no quitter. In 1979, he lost one of his legs in a motorcycle accident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

redsoxmama

Lowell, MA

#1 Jul 21, 2009
May god bless him.
believer

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2009
Dwight I am sure is an absolute inspiration to many people. Every time I run into Dwight he has a smile and a kind word to say always ! I first met Dwight in a class at Fitchburg State College; he certainly brought some "color" to the class..........funny ! i have always seen the kindness in Dwight and yet the will and motivation. Dwight I will try to make the benefit......hope to see you!
Liz
Old Maynard Friend

Plymouth, MA

#3 Jul 21, 2009
Dwight, hang in there. You were always a fighter. Wishing you the best...
RMT

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 21, 2009
Dwight helped my brother in AA/NA and my whole family is thankful. I wish you continued health, Dwight.
Friends

Sterling, MA

#5 Jul 21, 2009
A wonderful man... thats how you can sum up Dwight French.. He can always make you laugh and it's never a dull moment!!! Hes very kind and generous and always makes you feel welcome we love you!!!
Inspiring

Prides Crossing, MA

#6 Jul 21, 2009
Nice to hear the wonderful things Dwight is doing to help others. May God bless you, Dwight, and thank you for your kindness on earth!
binoculars

Tampa, FL

#7 Jul 21, 2009
Is there a place where one could make a donation to help with Dwight's bills,,, I'm out of state.
The internet makes the world a very small place! I wish Dwight all the goodwill in the world I'm taken by what he's done for others.
MHS Alum

Arlington Heights, MA

#8 Jul 21, 2009
Dwight, I wish you the best. Yes, Dwight is a fighter! Keep the faith! I recall a few years ago Dwight came forward to help someone he didn't know, because he knew/felt it was the right thing to do. It also took alot of courage and strength.
Cella

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Jul 22, 2009
Dwight. shit you remember me from Maynard? I'm Mary O'leary's daughter, I do remember we gave you a german shepard back in the day. I'm coming and Ima bring my momma too!
Such a place

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Jul 22, 2009
Best of all for the fundraiser and for Dwight.

That would be SUNDAY August 2. Fact checking editor where are you?
Marie P

United States

#11 Jul 22, 2009
God bless you and your family...
Childhood friend

Hanson, MA

#12 Jul 27, 2009
I have the fondest memories of you....caring, funny and most of all intelligent! I wish you the best with this latest battle.
Marie in the Burg

Great Barrington, MA

#13 Jul 29, 2009
binoculars wrote:
Is there a place where one could make a donation to help with Dwight's bills,,, I'm out of state.
The internet makes the world a very small place! I wish Dwight all the goodwill in the world I'm taken by what he's done for others.
I know his sister and got this information for anyone interested.

For donations, checks should be made out to Dwight French, and sent to:

P.O. Box 644
Assonet, MA 02702

A HUGE thanks to everyone who helps this man. He has helped so many others and is someone who really deserves some help now that he needs it.
rachelle breau and family

Belmont, MA

#14 Jul 29, 2009
Dwight is a winner and he will win this one, i just know it! We all love him so much. Ive seen him be so very strong and wise. I look up to him, always have , always will!!!! Dwight is the best, and my life is better with him in it!!!!
Nathan Brown

Holden, MA

#15 Jan 2, 2010
I love you bro rest in peace!
Marie in the Burg

Harvard, MA

#16 Jan 2, 2010
You fought a tough fight Dwight. It is your time to rest in peace. My deepest condolences to his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maynard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sox / Tigers tickets tonight 7/18 Jul 18 Matildax0630 1
Review: Debbie's Pet Land (Aug '09) Jul 18 Matildax0630 36
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Jun 29 Flabby beergut 30
Rick Jenkins' lack of character (Mar '13) Jun 28 Disgustedinward2 4
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Hudson May '17 VictorOrians 1
Cousin is 13 and I'm 15 and I wanna have sex wi... (Jan '15) Apr '17 Fuckmeharder 4
News Police in 8 towns get $135k grant for jail dive... (Sep '15) Sep '15 AMANDA LASSMAN 1

Maynard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maynard Mortgages