First Prev
of 3
Next Last
orly

Winchester, KY

#42 Jun 11, 2013
I not saying you shouldn't send kids to school. I'm saying no kids should be sent to your school.
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#43 Jun 20, 2013
Unless there's something wrong physically with your child, don't home school your kids. They grow up being so unsocial and can't start to cope with today's world. They're like a lost ball in high weeds. Let them be normal and the teachers can educate your kids far beyond what you could teach em at home.
Sure

Macon, GA

#44 Jun 20, 2013
Well my understanding is that if a child is being home schooled they aren't graded by the parent,Aren't they supposed to send it in to someone who keeps track of their work and they send in work for them to do and don't they do some of it online..Maybe I'm wrong because I have never home schooled a child,but sometimes it helps because a lot of kids are being bullied so much and teachers,and principals and the board of education does nothing about it,and don't say they do because that much I do know.I sometimes wish I could have home schooled my children because they go thru so much and they are so many bad influences and most of them learn where the drugs are and public school is exactly where they get them and don't tell me that's not right either because I know better than that too.Maybe they would be less druggies if some of the parents had home schooled their children.So if you try to say that's the parents fault that they are on drugs,don't even go there because that's false..in some cases maybe some parents could care less what their kids did in school,but I did and I was strict on my children and they did experience with drugs and alcohol...but Thank God they no longer do those things.Teachers can't always keep an eye on the kids and some just flat out doesn't even try.So I'm not always sure Public School is always best.
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#45 Jun 23, 2013
Sure wrote:
Well my understanding is that if a child is being home schooled they aren't graded by the parent,Aren't they supposed to send it in to someone who keeps track of their work and they send in work for them to do and don't they do some of it online..Maybe I'm wrong because I have never home schooled a child,but sometimes it helps because a lot of kids are being bullied so much and teachers,and principals and the board of education does nothing about it,and don't say they do because that much I do know.I sometimes wish I could have home schooled my children because they go thru so much and they are so many bad influences and most of them learn where the drugs are and public school is exactly where they get them and don't tell me that's not right either because I know better than that too.Maybe they would be less druggies if some of the parents had home schooled their children.So if you try to say that's the parents fault that they are on drugs,don't even go there because that's false..in some cases maybe some parents could care less what their kids did in school,but I did and I was strict on my children and they did experience with drugs and alcohol...but Thank God they no longer do those things.Teachers can't always keep an eye on the kids and some just flat out doesn't even try.So I'm not always sure Public School is always best.
Whew! Sure glad I got that point across to you good people of Letcher County. So glad you're sending your kids to a public school where they can get the proper education they need.......You'll be blessed for it. They can grow up to be somebody that's well-respected in the community like their parents are. Thank you
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#47 Jun 24, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>Whew! Sure glad I got that point across to you good people of Letcher County. So glad you're sending your kids to a public school where they can get the proper education they need.......You'll be blessed for it. They can grow up to be somebody that's well-respected in the community like their parents are. Thank you
You are a pathetic teacher everyone does not have to go to a public school to be someone who respects others r u seriously that dumb honey you ain't no teacher your just someone who probably quit school and blames your failure on everyone else
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#48 Jun 24, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>You are a pathetic teacher everyone does not have to go to a public school to be someone who respects others r u seriously that dumb honey you ain't no teacher your just someone who probably quit school and blames your failure on everyone else
Blames everyone else for your failure
Sure

Macon, GA

#50 Jun 25, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
<quoted text> Whew! Sure glad I got that point across to you good people of Letcher County. So glad you're sending your kids to a public school where they can get the proper education they need.......You'll be blessed for it. They can grow up to be somebody that's well-respected in the community like their parents are. Thank you
Hmmm.I didn't know I was on your side...I'm not upholding you or anyone,but I see nothing wrong whatsoever with a parent home schooling their child,It's their child and they can do whatever they want to about it.Myself the only reason my children wasn't home schooled is because I had no idea how to go about it and at the time I had no Computer..but I wanted to send mine to a public school,but after so many things my children had to go thru I wouldn't have bothered me at all to school my kids at home, at least they wouldn't had been bullied and introduced to drugs and getting into trouble because my children did none of these things until they started going to a certain school,and I'm sure it wasn't just this school it's a lot of schools.I know a lot of things that has went on in school..I know more than I can say on here...Maybe a public school is good for children in some cases,but I still see nothing wrong with homeschooling a child either.Parents have that right.
orly

Winchester, KY

#51 Jun 27, 2013
If you want your kids to go to a public school, then move. If you want to stay in the mountains, then home school. Otherwise, you're placing the future and well being of your children in the hands of douche bag idiots like the person above. Do you want them to grow up to be the dumbest piece of shit on topix?
Sure

Clay City, KY

#52 Jun 28, 2013
orly wrote:
If you want your kids to go to a public school, then move. If you want to stay in the mountains, then home school. Otherwise, you're placing the future and well being of your children in the hands of douche bag idiots like the person above. Do you want them to grow up to be the dumbest piece of shit on topix?
I don't know if your referring to me as being a douche bad idiot,but you are mighty brave with your words.You made no sense at all by saying if we want our kids in a public school move....Why!! when there's public school's here and what does being home schooled have to do with people being in the mountains? People home school their kids in the mountains and the cities Surely you don't believe only mountain people home school their kids..lol..that's about the craziest thing I have ever heard..I think people should respect people's decisions when it comes to their child..Whether they are home schooled or they go to a public school.Just because they get taught at home doesn't mean they are going to grow up dumb...heck I've seen kids from public schools turn out as dumb as a box of rocks..so let it go.
don

Winchester, KY

#53 Jun 29, 2013
I liked being home schooled
don

Winchester, KY

#54 Jun 29, 2013
I like being home schooled
orly

Winchester, KY

#55 Jun 29, 2013
I was actually talking about teacher teacher, but you're not much better. Also, drop the "you must be brave" shit. Nobody thinks you're scary... Furthermore, The school systems here are terrible. That's why you should move if you'd like your kids to go to a public school. Send them to the schools around here and their grammar will be similar to the grammar you see in this thread.
guess what

Alexandria, VA

#56 Jul 1, 2013
Guess what teacher, I was home schooled... and I have a degree today and owning my on business and working hard to earn my money... Its sad that its all about money if your child misses a day or on home school. I have a friend that's a teacher and they have it made, they said so them self... sounds like the 51 year old teacher needs to retire... they way teacher is talking on here I would refuse that teacher to teach my child... and btw I'm Pentecostal and proud of it.... I was not on home school because of religion, it was due to illness so teacher do be so quick to judge a religion!
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#57 Jul 5, 2013
guess what wrote:
Guess what teacher, I was home schooled... and I have a degree today and owning my on business and working hard to earn my money... Its sad that its all about money if your child misses a day or on home school. I have a friend that's a teacher and they have it made, they said so them self... sounds like the 51 year old teacher needs to retire... they way teacher is talking on here I would refuse that teacher to teach my child... and btw I'm Pentecostal and proud of it.... I was not on home school because of religion, it was due to illness so teacher do be so quick to judge a religion!
Sickness is different, otherwise.......Don't home school your kids. At least give them a chance to be a normal person growing and coping up in our society. Thank You.
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#59 Jul 10, 2013
don wrote:
I like being home schooled
See what being home-schooled has did for you......It's left you totally ignorant! You done gone and posted the same thing twice. Don't home-school your kids unless you want to end up like this "don" guy. He don't even know to captalize his name.
Just wondering

Manchester, KY

#60 Jul 11, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
<quoted text> See what being home-schooled has did for you......It's left you totally ignorant! You done gone and posted the same thing twice. Don't home-school your kids unless you want to end up like this "don" guy. He don't even know to captalize his name.
. You are butchering the English language and giving teachers a bad name. Please shut up! I come from a long line of educators and I truly value my job. However, parents are the experts on their own children and should not be persecuted for their decision to homeschool rather than send their babies to us.:( Best of luck!
attitude

Whitesburg, KY

#61 Jul 12, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
<quoted text> See what being home-schooled has did for you......It's left you totally ignorant! You done gone and posted the same thing twice. Don't home-school your kids unless you want to end up like this "don" guy. He don't even know to captalize his name.
And yet you wasn't home schooled and you are worse off than him, why I'd say you're an adult to and still can't spell or socialize in a descent manor, you have proved that yourself by the way you act and the things you type on here, your speech has betrayed you and proved the very thing right that you said was wrong, thank you.
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#62 Jul 16, 2013
attitude wrote:
<quoted text> And yet you wasn't home schooled and you are worse off than him, why I'd say you're an adult to and still can't spell or socialize in a descent manor, you have proved that yourself by the way you act and the things you type on here, your speech has betrayed you and proved the very thing right that you said was wrong, thank you.
Just don't home-school your kids. Leave that to the teachers in a real classroom, OK? I'll bet the majority of home-schooled kids grew up and voted for the likes of O'Bama! That's all I've got to say bout that (for now).
education

Winchester, KY

#63 Jul 19, 2013
Homeschooling can be good or it can be bad. Some parents are great teachers. Some parents should not be parents and most definitely should not be teachers. Homeschooling requires extensive work on the parents part. Lesson plans, daily schedules, grading, teaching, all the things a classroom teacher does. The sad thing is there gs NOT any accountability on the part of homeschooling younger children. Until students are in High school, you are on a honor system. That is the flaw in the homeschooling program. The fact that parents are out confessing they do NOTHING with their kids makes it bad for the entire homeschooling community.
Blah

United States

#64 Aug 8, 2013
The school makes money on attendance. If attendance is down teachers lose jobs. Homeschooled children are graduating on average 1-4 years early and making higher scores on ACT's and SAT's than public schooled students. They are well mannered and happy. Many request to go to public school and after a year want to go back to home school due to the disrespect, childish ways and rudeness of their peers. Not to mention being taught by an over worked teacher who has to fit 22-25 students into a curriculum that's only based ok how one child learns. At home you can teach your children how to learn the way they know best. They pick everything up quicker. Saying they are less educated than a public school student is way off and maybe your research should be done. Then again asking opinions about this on Topix is just to gossip about pointless stuff and to argue. So talk all you want I won't be back to this forum because this us a useless post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min usa 165,486
Is Letcher Co Ready For Log Cabin Republicans? 37 min John 1
fun at fishpond 50 min Cousin Bubba 10
fishpond 54 min Cousin Bubba 24
Looking For Some Restroom action 59 min Cousin Bubba 3
Best place to get a hair cut in town 1 hr GKP 5
deleting topix 2 hr needing 1

Mayking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance