Next Last
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#1 May 26, 2013
Who do u need to talk to get your child home schooled
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#2 May 26, 2013
I'm yet to see the first kid that could compete with society because of his idiot parents thinking their child should be home-schooled. DON'T DO IT!
Those kids turn out to be pure morons. They don't know theis a$$ from a hole in the ground. It's usually Pentecostal people that think their kids are to good to hear four-letter-words from time ti time their classmates have said. They hardly ever actually go to college atfer that to further their education and make something of their selves. For your child's sake, if he wants to be someone in life, by all means.....Do not home school him. Don't be the talk of the whole school for doing it.
Student Student

Martin, KY

#3 May 26, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
I'm yet to see the first kid that could compete with society because of his idiot parents thinking their child should be home-schooled. DON'T DO IT!
Those kids turn out to be pure morons. They don't know theis a$$ from a hole in the ground. It's usually Pentecostal people that think their kids are to good to hear four-letter-words from time ti time their classmates have said. They hardly ever actually go to college atfer that to further their education and make something of their selves. For your child's sake, if he wants to be someone in life, by all means.....Do not home school him. Don't be the talk of the whole school for doing it.
I was a pregnant teen as a senior in high school and I'm still with the father (actually engaged, waiting to get married after graduation) and I have a 3.0 in college. Don't stereotype homeschool kids. I'm not pentecostal either, I'm baptist. I'm not the "talk of the whole school" either but I do have PLENTY of friends! You are a very cruel person to say such horrible things. Be a little more mature please, children shouldn't be on Topix.
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#4 May 27, 2013
Student Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a pregnant teen as a senior in high school and I'm still with the father (actually engaged, waiting to get married after graduation) and I have a 3.0 in college. Don't stereotype homeschool kids. I'm not pentecostal either, I'm baptist. I'm not the "talk of the whole school" either but I do have PLENTY of friends! You are a very cruel person to say such horrible things. Be a little more mature please, children shouldn't be on Topix.
Maybe you're one of the few that does well but, odds are against you being successful.....I'll still pray for you to do well though. Good luck in everything you do. Just sorry that you were home-schooled. Oh, I'm 51 years old teacher......not a child.
Great

Macon, GA

#5 May 27, 2013
Student Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you..I see nothing wrong with being home schooled..In some cases children have to be home schooled.Just because of that doesn't mean a child is inadequate or dumb.I never had a child that was home schooled,but with the way some children are around others i can understand why people do school them at home.You sound like you have a great life ahead of you.Make something great out of yourself and prove everyone who thinks like the 51 year old man does wrong.Good Luck to you.
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#6 May 28, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
Well for you I'm not a idiot if u don't know me don't judge me besides is the answer you gave was not what I was asking now was it so unless you can help keep your smart a$$ comments to your self
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#7 May 28, 2013
Oh I I do not attend a church
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#9 May 28, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for you I'm not a idiot if u don't know me don't judge me besides is the answer you gave was not what I was asking now was it so unless you can help keep your smart a$$ comments to your self
I don't see your a$$ doing any tricks! Go back to real school!
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#10 May 28, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see your a$$ doing any tricks! Go back to real school!
You just a jelouse bit**
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#11 May 28, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You just a jelouse bit**
See what home-schooling does for you. You can't even spell jealous! Now, pack up your s**t and get on back to a real school and try to salvage what's left of your ignorant life and get a real education and stop acting Pentecostal and attend a real school! Who knows, you may even be one of my students. I'll treat you with the utmost respect, like this conversation never happened.
orly

Winchester, KY

#12 May 28, 2013
Do you teach your students to write like you? That's essentially one giant run on sentence. You shouldn't criticize the grammar of others, when yours is shit. You're a cancer in our education system. If you had any type of morality about yourself you'd hang up your teaching shoes.
Student Student

Martin, KY

#13 May 28, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you're one of the few that does well but, odds are against you being successful.....I'll still pray for you to do well though. Good luck in everything you do. Just sorry that you were home-schooled. Oh, I'm 51 years old teacher......not a child.
Odds are against me being successful? I'm still fresh out of high school! I haven't got the chance to do much more yet! While I was pregnant in high school I also succeeded in receiving my CNA Certification so with that being said. If I am a full-time student, full-time mother working as a CNA I can GUARANTEE I will be successful. If ANYONE can carry that much weight on their shoulders at 19, I believe I will do just fine in my future! Like I said, quit stereotyping homeschool children/teen mothers! If you are so successful yourself at 51, why aren't you out here succeeding than laying around on Topix? If you have a successful job you couldn't have already retired (unless you're a lazy ass) because SUCCESSFUL jobs don't allow you to retire until the age of 65! So get to work grandma!(Since you don't wanna be called a child, which is how you're acting!)
Hmmm

Macon, GA

#14 May 28, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
Seems to me you need to go back to school also and learn how to spell.I see you wrote theis,and atfer..eat your words Teacher!!
Rose

Whitesburg, KY

#15 May 29, 2013
The reason the parents have chosen to home school is not because they think they are better but they dont want there kids around all the bad things that people teach there children.
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#16 May 29, 2013
Rose wrote:
The reason the parents have chosen to home school is not because they think they are better but they dont want there kids around all the bad things that people teach there children.
Thank you someone understands what we as parents go through between all the bullying and nothing never gets done. This teacher is just there for the money not for the students as you can obviously tell by the way she or he talks so i think this teacher needs to find a new job..
Student Student

Martin, KY

#17 May 29, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you someone understands what we as parents go through between all the bullying and nothing never gets done. This teacher is just there for the money not for the students as you can obviously tell by the way she or he talks so i think this teacher needs to find a new job..
I would love to know who this "Teacher" is because my child will NOT be attending that school she/he teaches from! Who are you "Teacher"?
Teacher Teacher

Whitesburg, KY

#18 May 29, 2013
Please don't home-school your kids.......Us teachers are trying to get a raise in pay. Every student that's home-schooled takes away our attendance and that cuts our pay. Not to mention how reatrded it makes them look wearing long skirts and sleeves all the time year round and haven't a clue at what's going on in the real world and not being able to cope with society........DON'T HOME-SCHOOL YOUR KIDS!
Hmmm

Macon, GA

#19 May 29, 2013
Teacher Teacher wrote:
Please don't home-school your kids.......Us teachers are trying to get a raise in pay. Every student that's home-schooled takes away our attendance and that cuts our pay. Not to mention how reatrded it makes them look wearing long skirts and sleeves all the time year round and haven't a clue at what's going on in the real world and not being able to cope with society........DON'T HOME-SCHOOL YOUR KIDS!
OMG!! You have some nerve talking about the way someone dresses..and the only thing your worried about is the money.The only reason your complaining about children being home schooled is not because your worried about their education and their ability to function in the world it's that paycheck. You are a hypocrite!.It doesn't matter if someone is home schooled because they can be just as intelligent as the next person,and for you to talk about the way someone dresses it so disrespectful.You should have better sense than to talk down about a person..You keep acting like that and one day your going to meet the wrong person and you'll be eating those words.You are no better than anyone else,and just because you have a Teaching Degree doesn't make you smart..you might be book smart but you sure aren't common sense smart.You need to watch what you say.
Original Question

Cumberland, KY

#20 May 30, 2013
The answer to the original question is that you file a letter of intent to home school your child with the school board in your county. If you Google, you can get a form letter to help guide you. Basically it just states that I intend to home school insert kiddos name and age.. at insert home address.. and the date you will start. It's very simple. Homeschooling, however, is not that simple. There are a lot of forums and good organizations that you can purchase curriculum from. Just do some research.
Letcher County even has a home school day for their 4-H programs if you are worried about social time. There are home schools that do field trips together all over Kentucky as well. Good luck!
parent

Whitesburg, KY

#21 May 31, 2013
Original Question wrote:
The answer to the original question is that you file a letter of intent to home school your child with the school board in your county. If you Google, you can get a form letter to help guide you. Basically it just states that I intend to home school insert kiddos name and age.. at insert home address.. and the date you will start. It's very simple. Homeschooling, however, is not that simple. There are a lot of forums and good organizations that you can purchase curriculum from. Just do some research.
Letcher County even has a home school day for their 4-H programs if you are worried about social time. There are home schools that do field trips together all over Kentucky as well. Good luck!
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Pence 161,286
Heather holland 1 hr Sorrygirl 3
April Letcher County Fiscal Court Meeting Is Go... 2 hr lowerendstatewatc... 18
Regarding blocking a Jenkins based on Build Name 2 hr KalyanRepaka 1
People with no balls 3 hr ohno 8
smoot creek (Aug '14) 9 hr bah 11
Tyler newsome the rat (Feb '16) 14 hr Bye bye 54

Mayking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayking Mortgages