whitesburg bike night what a joke

Posted in the Mayking Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
poed

Winchester, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2011
who is running bike night it is such a joke i heard about it rode 90 miles to check it out no one there lol never come back again for that
Stan and Kyle

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 10, 2011
Dude that sucks. I had it happen to me a few times over the years. Luckily my area has a web site dedicated to events. They are always spot on.
get it right

Waynesburg, KY

#3 Jul 10, 2011
poed wrote:
who is running bike night it is such a joke i heard about it rode 90 miles to check it out no one there lol never come back again for that
Blame the person you heard it from stupid they were the one's who gave you the bad information.
wow

Whitesburg, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2011
bike night wasnt at hobos this month it was hosted at the walking track because they had Ryan young there to do tricks. but usually its hosted at hobos and there are a ton of people who come to it every month.
poed

Winchester, KY

#5 Jul 10, 2011
get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame the person you heard it from stupid they were the one's who gave you the bad information.
was u there dork .....
billy bob

Manchester, KY

#7 Jul 10, 2011
i was there and ryan young was great. yes there was a lot of confussion about what was going on but remember these people volunteer thier time and donate thier money to try to make it good. this time they tried something a little different and it didnt work, but remeber all the good ones from the past. so hey bike nite committee ill be in town next month. thank you for giving of yourself
Rider

Lynch, KY

#8 Jul 11, 2011
poed wrote:
I personally appologize to you on behalf of HOBO's Bike Nite. This event was totally not managed as it should have been. And clearly lacked management and substance. Yes Ryan Young was brought in but at that with very little advertisement. Times were a guess and the crowd was small. It was a beautiful weekend to have had something successful, but maybe this will get some STRONG ATTENTION for the committee. I hope that this first impression will not discourage you from returning someday. The next scheduled bike nite is August 13th, downtown Whitesburg, Ky. One positive in this if you came from Richmond, the ride was awesome and the view was breathtaking.
Hope you come back and vist again.
poed

Winchester, KY

#9 Jul 11, 2011
yes the ride there was great my buddys enjoyed it was looking forward to meet a few there from that area and do the chairty ride i heard about showed up at 11am but no one was there to do the run :( maybe next time
hillman

Whitesburg, KY

#10 Jul 11, 2011
Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally appologize to you on behalf of HOBO's Bike Nite. This event was totally not managed as it should have been. And clearly lacked management and substance. Yes Ryan Young was brought in but at that with very little advertisement. Times were a guess and the crowd was small. It was a beautiful weekend to have had something successful, but maybe this will get some STRONG ATTENTION for the committee. I hope that this first impression will not discourage you from returning someday. The next scheduled bike nite is August 13th, downtown Whitesburg, Ky. One positive in this if you came from Richmond, the ride was awesome and the view was breathtaking.
Hope you come back and vist again.
I live 16 miles from whitesburg and didn't know any thing about it.Maybe some flyers or announce on the radio would be good. I would have loved to have been there.
billtbob

Manchester, KY

#11 Jul 11, 2011
hillman wrote:
<quoted text>I live 16 miles from whitesburg and didn't know any thing about it.Maybe some flyers or announce on the radio would be good. I would have loved to have been there.
the local radio station will not announce it because hobos is part of this. the say we must pay for the psa
Rider

Lynch, KY

#12 Jul 12, 2011
By rule of thumb! If negative word of mouth is the only information we heard about something, normally we stay away. If positive then we want to check it out. It is true that this year HOBO's Bike nite has fallen down in some aspects, however most all bikers attending regularly want and encourage that changes be made and together we make this event a success. It is fun and a great place to hang out, talk, laugh and have watch games and allow our children to be part of it as well. Everyone that normally attends have spoken that it is a friendly, safe and fun place to hang out on Saturday Nite. And YES, it need some MAJOR changes, especially where advertising and publication of events are concerned. Hope to see loads of motorcycles and riders on Saturday, August 13..
NO ORGANIZATION

Pall Mall, TN

#13 Jul 13, 2011
poed wrote:
yes the ride there was great my buddys enjoyed it was looking forward to meet a few there from that area and do the chairty ride i heard about showed up at 11am but no one was there to do the run :( maybe next time
Hopefully the August 13th Bike Nite will be better. Hope you will round up some bikers and come back, and have fun. We have some beautiful areas and some great bikers. The next bike nite will be downtown Whitesburg. the streets are blocked off just below courthouse and at the end of main street for motorcycles only. So if you have the time come on back you will be so welcomed. Be safe in all your rides and enjoy the wind.

Since: Aug 11

Blackey, KY

#14 Aug 9, 2011
This is the first time that I have read any Topics reviews. But I wanted to shed some light on what happened with Hobo's Bike Night.First,I would like to thank those of you that have come and supported Hobo's Bike Night. Let me try and straighten out some of the confusion. It was started by three guys that just wanted to help a friend be able to stay in business. For the last 3 years we have tried to make it a positive experience for bikers and their families. We have seen ups and downs in attendance, But we have always strived to make it a great night for everybody. Last month we had decided to use the riverside park because we had planned on having vendors and spectators for Ryan's demos. We were not able to advertize it because it did not qualify as a public service announcement. with all of our expences already coming out of our pockets. We could not afford to pay for the advertizing too. Hindsight being 20/20. Riverside was not the best place to have it. But it was what it was. Although it was not the event that we usualy have. I am sure that the folks that came out had a good time. We learned last week that Hobo's Diner is closing do to high electric bills and a slowing in business traffic and we were not sure if we were going to continue. After disscussing what we had built and what the area and bikers would be losing. We have decided to keep it going. Hobo's Bike Night will continue to be held on Main St. Whitesburg, KY. We had chosen to do benfit rides in order to help non-profit organisations because that is what Bikers do. I am very sorry that some folks had riden in back in July and were disappointed. And I hope that you will try us again. Any details about Bike Night is posted on Hobo's Bike Night on FaceBook. Letcher county has some of the finest roads in the state for riding and some of the finest folks you will ever want to meet. Again, I hope that you will try us again. We only do it because we love bikes and we love people and we want to provide Bikers and their families a nice place to come once a month
gah

Kite, KY

#15 Aug 14, 2011
bike night blows seriously. why would they have to shut down both sides of the street for this sh!t. i think the mayor needs a new hobby.
djtheman

Kingsport, TN

#16 Nov 25, 2011
gah wrote:
bike night blows seriously. why would they have to shut down both sides of the street for this sh!t. i think the mayor needs a new hobby.
get a harley if you can aford one then you'll understand!!!!
john

Macon, GA

#17 Nov 26, 2011
why

United States

#18 Nov 26, 2011
Rider wrote:
By rule of thumb! If negative word of mouth is the only information we heard about something, normally we stay away. If positive then we want to check it out. It is true that this year HOBO's Bike nite has fallen down in some aspects, however most all bikers attending regularly want and encourage that changes be made and together we make this event a success. It is fun and a great place to hang out, talk, laugh and have watch games and allow our children to be part of it as well. Everyone that normally attends have spoken that it is a friendly, safe and fun place to hang out on Saturday Nite. And YES, it need some MAJOR changes, especially where advertising and publication of events are concerned. Hope to see loads of motorcycles and riders on Saturday, August 13..
on,t worry there rider.next month im a bringing my ten speed.youll love it its beautiful.
john

Macon, GA

#19 Nov 26, 2011
I don't have a problem with bikes, or anyone who wants a hobby. But blocking off the main street for hours is a bit much.

Not to mention that the whole bike night is next to a huge free parking area, which is always completely empty, with the exception of three of four cars. Makes more sense to move it there...
djtheman

Kingsport, TN

#20 Nov 26, 2011
john wrote:
I don't have a problem with bikes, or anyone who wants a hobby. But blocking off the main street for hours is a bit much.
Not to mention that the whole bike night is next to a huge free parking area, which is always completely empty, with the exception of three of four cars. Makes more sense to move it there...
well maybe you r right....i didnt kno that....peace
Rider

Lynch, KY

#21 Nov 27, 2011
Well fellow motorcyclist this year is nearly at an end. BIKE NITE in Whitesburg will resume 2012. Until then I would like to take this opportunity to invite and encourage each of you to ride in the Whitesburg CHRISTmas Parade, Friday December 9, 2011 at 5:00 P.M. Motorcycles will line up at corner of Everidge Funeral Home and Sleep Clinic at 4:30 P.M. The parade will flow through the Main Street of Whitesburg KY. Santa will host and greet children of all ages at the Whitesburg Health department following the parade. Come out, have a great day and blessed beginning to the holidays.
Ride Safe and Remember the Reason for the Season!
Merry CHRISTmas to all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Payne Gap Monster 6 hr Nice 7
cameron martin deanna maggard 7 hr lol 5
Woman needs rides to Dialysis 8 hr Darlene 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr Wisdom of God 170,607
Hottie with a body 8 hr Curious 4
sex (Sep '11) 9 hr Hilarious 8
Gabby Brock 9 hr lol 2

Mayking Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayking Mortgages