What's up with Stroud's Resturant?

What's up with Stroud's Resturant?

Posted in the Mayflower Forum

Since: Feb 12

Potts Camp, MS

#1 Mar 22, 2013
I have been going to Stroudís Restaurant in Mayflower on a fairly regular bases for a quite a while now. Maybe it is just me (why would I notice if there was nothing to notice?), but it seems as if something there has changed. Over the past several months I have noticed the total atmosphere has seemed too changed. It has lost its home town feel, the service is not what it used to be, the waitressís are not friendly as the use to be (or as pretty).
I can deal with the change in the atmosphere and even the poor service and the homelier waitresses, as long as the food is good. I mean I am just there to eat, but the food is just downright horrible anymore. With the limited choices in dining facilities we have here and my desire to prove myself wrong, I still venture back in there now and again, but I am far from a regular anymore. Every time I do go back it is worse than the time before. I am a plate lunch kind of guy and always order off the board; this afternoon I gave them another opportunity to vindicate their selves with me. I had a fried chicken breast, potatoes, mac & cheese and cabbage (I love me some cabbage). It was truly almost inedible. I am serious, the chicken was over cooked or maybe the grease it was fried in was old but it was not good and when I finished the few bites I did eat, my plate was full of grease (I mean a puddle of grease, no doubt). I guess the mac & cheese along with the potatoesí where ok but the cabbage was just downright gross. It was like mush.
Maybe it is just me, driving by it does not seem their lunch crowd has suffered any. The parking lot seems as full as ever. I wonder though if it is just the lack of any place else close by where the working man can get a meal good or bad. Maybe people are to set in their ways to notice or too lazy to pack a bologna sandwich some chips and a cupcake to carry to work with them. I donít know but after the meal today somebody is going to have to do some convincing and campaign really hard for them in order to get me to go back.
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed or if someone could tell me what has brought about the change. Iíd love to be a Stroudís patron again but only if it goes back to the Stroudís it used to be.
Just The Facts

Lees Summit, MO

#2 Mar 22, 2013
oneEYEopen wrote:
I have been going to Stroudís Restaurant in Mayflower on a fairly regular bases for a quite a while now. Maybe it is just me (why would I notice if there was nothing to notice?), but it seems as if something there has changed. Over the past several months I have noticed the total atmosphere has seemed too changed. It has lost its home town feel, the service is not what it used to be, the waitressís are not friendly as the use to be (or as pretty).
I can deal with the change in the atmosphere and even the poor service and the homelier waitresses, as long as the food is good. I mean I am just there to eat, but the food is just downright horrible anymore. With the limited choices in dining facilities we have here and my desire to prove myself wrong, I still venture back in there now and again, but I am far from a regular anymore. Every time I do go back it is worse than the time before. I am a plate lunch kind of guy and always order off the board; this afternoon I gave them another opportunity to vindicate their selves with me. I had a fried chicken breast, potatoes, mac & cheese and cabbage (I love me some cabbage). It was truly almost inedible. I am serious, the chicken was over cooked or maybe the grease it was fried in was old but it was not good and when I finished the few bites I did eat, my plate was full of grease (I mean a puddle of grease, no doubt). I guess the mac & cheese along with the potatoesí where ok but the cabbage was just downright gross. It was like mush.
Maybe it is just me, driving by it does not seem their lunch crowd has suffered any. The parking lot seems as full as ever. I wonder though if it is just the lack of any place else close by where the working man can get a meal good or bad. Maybe people are to set in their ways to notice or too lazy to pack a bologna sandwich some chips and a cupcake to carry to work with them. I donít know but after the meal today somebody is going to have to do some convincing and campaign really hard for them in order to get me to go back.
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed or if someone could tell me what has brought about the change. Iíd love to be a Stroudís patron again but only if it goes back to the Stroudís it used to be.
I never heard a grown man whine and slobber so much.Don't go back im sure they won't miss you.

Since: Feb 12

Potts Camp, MS

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Just The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>I never heard a grown man whine and slobber so much.Don't go back im sure they won't miss you.
I am sure they wouldn't, you think that is whinin'? no it's "just the facts".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Reality Check 42,045
News 5 charged with ballot fraud in Crittenden Co. (Oct '12) Fri Lil boy 50
Arkansas Multi-State CCW Class Fri hdavenport 1
News Shane Keddy, Grady Demery, Jeremy Best arrested... (Jul '10) Jan 31 Wise American guy 84
new restaurant (Mar '10) Jan 31 Lamare 3
News 2 men, 1 juvenile arrested in weekend shooting Jan 30 trump train 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Gary Fletcher as Mayor? (Jun '13) Jan 29 smarterthanyou 25

Mayflower Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayflower Mortgages