Activist claims oil spill has reached...

Activist claims oil spill has reached wetland

There are 2 comments on the KATV Little Rock story from Apr 8, 2013, titled Activist claims oil spill has reached wetland. In it, KATV Little Rock reports that:

Tar Sands Blockade volunteers are in Mayflower, working with homeowners affected by the oil spill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATV Little Rock.

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 9, 2013
I'm glad someone is covering this. The mainstream media are useless.

more info:

https://twitter.com/jak_nlauren
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jnl-live
Observer in NJ

Randolph, NJ

#2 Apr 9, 2013
I just saw on The Colbert Report (of all places!) that news media (ALL of them, not just the mainstream media) reporters are being prevented from access to the cleanup operation by Exxon itself, via its security guards, apparently. Also reported there is that the FAA has declared a no-fly zone over this area ~ why? Are they afraid of airborne film crews? The environmentalist video shows nearby wetlands covered in black tar, with what looks like just paper towels placed on the water's (if you can call it that) surface; no personnel were present. The report was that the cleaners in their hazmat suits were sweeping the oil into the local storm drains. There didn't appear to be any suction equipment in the video. This is a bigger story than anyone is being let know about, and my personal opinion is that Exxon has 'influenced' those in power from questioning their methods. The Colbert Report's report (4/9) was the only thing I've seen or heard as a followup to this incredibly serious story. This show repeats twice in the daytime in my area, but can be accessed online as an archived show. Write your congressional representatives & demand a full investigation.

www.house.gov
www.senate.gov
www.lwv.org (League of Women Voters, for local representation)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She is baaaaaaack 5 hr guest 20
She is baaaaack 5 hr guest 17
puppy mill bust 5 hr guest 12
To JDG, my princess Jas 12 hr BlueeyedRY 1
In bad need of a loan shark to go to in person 17 hr No doubt 15
Adam Cochran Sun used to be a friend 27
Fun weekend Sun Fun Stuff 9
More from around the web

Mayflower People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE