Do you approve of Gary Fletcher as Ma...

Do you approve of Gary Fletcher as Mayor?

Posted in the Mayflower Forum

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceburg, IN

#1 Jun 2, 2013
Dreamer and not realistic about schools or city.
Non Click

Greenwood, IN

#2 Jul 4, 2013
You are only a person in jacksonclick if you are part of the few. All about who you know.
Heck No

Greenwood, IN

#3 Jul 6, 2013
Heck No!! Bad job and getting worse.
Dustin

Cabot, AR

#4 Aug 8, 2013
YES! Mayor Fletchor is a man of the people and not a puppet.
The Mayor IS A DREAMER but this country was founded on dreams and hope. That is what Mayor Fletcher represents, hope.
He has ideas that can work. People want instant results, nothing worth having can be done instantly.
He was raised in Jacksonville, he loves Jacksonville and fights for Jacksonville.
How many mayors in any state will put his neck on the line to bring in businesses? To go against the grain of what has not worked and trying to make something new?
I have personally seen this man help people on a personal basis his own schedule be damned.
I have seen him pick up people in flood conditions, winter storms and all types of horrid weather conditions and take them to safe locations.

If you can give me a reason that he isnt a good mayor id love to hear it.
Dustin

Cabot, AR

#5 Aug 8, 2013
kdw72076 wrote:
Dreamer and not realistic about schools or city.

Dreamer? At what point is being a dreamer a bad thing?
He has hope and a love for the city he was raised in.
The only impossibility is that which is never tried.
If you can say what he is doing thats so wrong, id love to hear it.
Mad in Jacksonville

Greenwood, IN

#6 May 20, 2014
Okay, we took down all the church signs on the highway (which you said HAD to be done) why, oh, why aren't our highways being fixed?
It is a disgrace coming into Jacksonville crossing the Redmond bridge...the highway looks horrible. POTHOLES everywhere!!!
Jacksonville gas is 10 cents higher ....than everywhere else too!
I was told because of road repairs....WELL, WHERE"S OUR REPAIRS?
Okay, you say the road is going to be widened and it will take some time for that....probably not in my lifetime!!!
But PLEASE fix the potholes!!!!!!!!!!
Concerned

Cabot, AR

#7 Jun 25, 2014
I honestly don't think the mayor is doing right by the city of Jacksonville. I say lets get someone else in there to have a try before the city goes broke
MessyInJville

Benton, AR

#8 Jul 11, 2014
Concerned wrote:
I honestly don't think the mayor is doing right by the city of Jacksonville. I say lets get someone else in there to have a try before the city goes broke
How do you go from budget surplus to in the red? Piss poor planning, pathetic policies, lack of management & transparency. The good old boy network needs busting up. Fletcher is a nice enough guy but has no business being mayor. It's time for a REAL change & not the same old, same old. It's not working. I'm voting Gary Sipes for mayor!
Unknown

Greenwood, IN

#9 Sep 13, 2014
I have nothing good to say about the job Fletcher and crew has done. But Sipes answer as police chief is to see how many tickets he can write. If this is his answer yhen we will go from a good old boy network to a police state. We will fight crime by ticketing every car. At least Damacus has Jacksonville take the (blue) light off them as the speedtrap of Arkansas. Hopefully there is another option to vote for in the mayors race in Jacksonville. Maybe Swain could be a write in candidate if he would consider one more term.
Meadski

Frisco, TX

#10 Nov 3, 2014
I have read the comments, and have to agree with most of them. The first is the Goid Ole Boy forum . YES.... There is certainly a click in office, and the whole city. It's always been, it's not what you know , but who you know.if your in the click of whose who, you can get things pushed through , that others would be turned down for. That's how it is and always has been. We have no new business, and have stood stagnant for years. The taxes here for businesses , are so high , if you are fortunate enough to be able to open a business here, the taxes soon force you to close. As soon as a pertentual business checks into what it will cost to open here, they open somewhere else. The city had a surplus if money when Mayor Fletcher took office, we are now in the red. Where did the money go? Not ino fixing the city. Travel around Jacksonville , and look at the city you live in. I've lived her since 1986, and see little differences. I only see one large company that hs actually built here and that is Lowes. Something is wrong with this picture , and it starts at the Mayors office. Jacksonville needs change, and you better vote for the right candidate, or it will never happen.

Since: Mar 09

Greenwood, IN

#11 Nov 30, 2014
Dustin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dreamer? At what point is being a dreamer a bad thing?
He has hope and a love for the city he was raised in.
The only impossibility is that which is never tried.
If you can say what he is doing thats so wrong, id love to hear it.
I had a dream. In that dream the horrible city streets in Jacksonville were repaired. Just a dream. I have lived here since 1978 and I have never seen them worse. We don't need more red bricks.
older dude uk

Barking, UK

#12 Dec 16, 2014
DRJFG wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a dream. In that dream the horrible city streets in Jacksonville were repaired. Just a dream. I have lived here since 1978 and I have never seen them worse. We don't need more red bricks.
sounds like the uk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 min Copy And Paste Wi... 33,427
Donate or Sell your Diabetic Test Strips (Jul '09) 2 hr Lillian 33
What Ever Happen too Mon Luther 6
Jason Phillips (Nov '11) Sun jplp 2
need info about a james hightower (Feb '13) Jan 22 WWM 21
salem mayor Jan 21 non political 8
News PSC gives OK for oil pipeline across five water... Sep '16 May 1

Mayflower Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance