First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voter

Euless, TX

#21 Dec 8, 2013
I can't wait to see if Andy has the guts to debate Joe Taylor. I can't wait to see Andy try to defend his record so far. I hope that during at least one of the debates, they answer questions from the audience. I want to ask Andy if he's figured out how to run a jail yet!
Confused

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Dec 8, 2013
Shock felt his dept wasn't providing enough manpower to the metro swat team( 2-3 people) and had been having difficulty getting deputies to apply SO he pulls the 2-3 deputies off of the metro team so he can recruit/train 11 deputies to become a highly trained swat team.

If you couldn't get enough deputies to join the swat team before, why do you think you can get 11 to be on the swat team now?
Bad Billy

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Dec 8, 2013
Just read the description of what the "highly trained" FCSO SWAT team can do on the Sheriff's website. Apparently someone is exaggerating about what the swat team can do, especially seeing how they aren't trained, haven't been to a swat school and don't train together.
Voter

Oklahoma City, OK

#24 Dec 8, 2013
That's what it said. I'm confused too. It sounds like having each man on a basketball team practicing solo all week, and then throwing them all together on game day and expecting them to play as a team. It doesn't work that way does it? I may not be in law enforcement, but it seems to me that it would be important for them to work as a team. It might even save some lives.
The Whole Truth

Oklahoma City, OK

#25 Dec 8, 2013
Please don't believe all the nonsense that people write on this page. If you want to know the whole truth, go to the sheriff's office and ask them. Also, stop by the city and find out why they are so concerned about the counties SWAT team. They have what the need to protect the city, let the sheriff handle the county.
anon

Conway, AR

#26 Dec 9, 2013
If you go to the sheriff's office and ask "them," you'll be fed the same line of BS Andy has been dishing out since the campaign started. He may be a nice guy (I don't know him on a personal basis), but in my dealings with him, he has been concerned about his image and reputation. Those are certainly worthy of protecting, but "protect and serve" means more than just yourself...you come last, Brother Shock.
guest5

Tampa, FL

#27 Dec 9, 2013
Back to earlier posts whats the real truth
The Whole Truth

Oklahoma City, OK

#28 Dec 9, 2013
Bad billy wrote:
Dear SO
Get someone trained to use distraction devices and quit shooting a shotgun in the air to attempt to distract the suspect inside a house.
Send your folks to seat school
Get trained negotiators
Duh
You will not be asked out again. Thanks for showing your true color!!
CPD Attitude

Little Rock, AR

#29 Dec 9, 2013
Maybe he just didn't want his guys to turn into toy soldiers like some of the Conway PD representatives. Just a thought from an outsider.
Nice try Jjjjoe! Seems as if H Allen Smith has been released hehehe!
Voter

United States

#30 Dec 9, 2013
I think that would be preferable to a make believe 8 hour a month trained SWAT team any day of the week. The fact is, people have lost trust in Andy Shock and his ability to run the FCSO effectively. I voted for Andy last time and he's made our brand new jail the laughing stock of the whole damn state. Is this what we pay taxes for, to turn our sheriffs office and jail over to a self serving, half assing, half witted, half ton imbecile? Not me! Me and mine and everybody else I can convince between now and Election Day are voting for Joe Taylor. It boils down to a war veteran with law enforcement experience and a masters degree versus well, Andy shock. It's not even close guys. I am glad to see that you're getting your dander up though. That let's us know how scared you really are. Don't get "Shock"ed again Faulkner County! Elect Joe Taylor!

Since: Nov 12

Conway, AR

#31 Dec 10, 2013
Concerned 2 wrote:
SWAT needs to be a full time job within a department. The only thing a SWAT team member should be doing if NOT on an operation is TRAIN,TRAIN,TRAIN! You can't keep the necessary skills needed by attending a 1 or 2 week basic SWAT school and train for only 8 or 16 hours a month; you have to train everyday. This was the thought when the Conway/Faulkner Metro SWAT team was given birth to. X amount members were to be taken from CPD, and x amount from FCSO. This group was only to train and conduct SWAT operations. As you can see, it didn't work out that way.
Swat will never be a full time job in this and most areas of the USA. But u can not do a Team of this size on your OWN. PLEASE ANDY WORK IT OUT WITH WHO ever. This will not work on your own.
Conway Twitty

Sheridan, AR

#32 Dec 11, 2013
Gene Stephens wrote:
<quoted text>
Swat will never be a full time job in this and most areas of the USA. But u can not do a Team of this size on your OWN. PLEASE ANDY WORK IT OUT WITH WHO ever. This will not work on your own.
Just another reason to vote for Taylor!
The Whole Truth

Oklahoma City, OK

#33 Dec 11, 2013
Guest 2 wrote:
Andy wanted his own SWAT, has since before he was elected. he posted on the FCSO websites months ago that he had a highly trained SWAT team comprised on 11 deputies. This was before he ever bothered to tell CPD that he no longer wanted to be part of MEtro team.
He even displayed his highly trained swat team to the FCLI group duif a tour of the jail in the summer.
Shock had no intention of rejoining metro until this issue became public.
Not a big deal, if you want your own team, budget for the training and equipment and get them trained before you find yourself without a swat team.
It is financially better for the county to partner with Conway but if you want to spend your money on it, go ahead.
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but, it's completely false. Each agency is responsible for purchase all tactical gear for each member. And, the city benefits more by being with the county. You can not have a Faulkner County Metro Swat Team without Faulkner County Sheriff's Deputies. The police chiefs authority stops at the Conway City Limit Signs.
Fed up with Conway

Oklahoma City, OK

#34 Dec 12, 2013
Look at the ego and mentality of Conway Police Department. No wonder sheriffs deputies haven't been interested in joining the metro swat team. Now that the sheriff wanted a SRT built by deputies with like goals for the citizens of this county, they are interested. Like the above post, Conways authority stops at the city limits. The times when they were in the county on various situations was under the sheriffs office authority. Find out the real facts as I have. Don't believe everything you see or hear in the log cabin or social media. They train more than eight hours a month and will be ready when the need arises.
Conway Twitty

Euless, TX

#35 Dec 12, 2013
The paper quoted Andy Shock as saying that they trained individually, not as a team, a total of 8 hours a month. If you are suggesting that they misquoted him, then why hasn't he made them print a retraction?
Smooth

Oklahoma City, OK

#36 Dec 13, 2013
If the county SWAT team operates on the street like the deputies did in the "Rampant Injustice" YouTube video, they are in real trouble!
Mike Jensen

Conway, AR

#37 Dec 25, 2013
Concerned 2 wrote:
<quoted text>No, sorry to say. CPD and FCSO are Holier than thou. All departments should have one or two men on it, this would give the SWAT team the manpower needed with out depleting a departments main force. This means SWAT would do nothing but train, serve high risk warrants, and other SWAT operations. I can tell from fact, FCSO DOSES'NT have a SWAT team, they have a SQUAT team. You have members dying because they are unfit; you have members that have just enough skills to be dangerous to themselves and public, not the bad guys. These so called Patriot Groups (Militia's)could kick FCSO SWAT's butt. SWAT members must be as fit, tough, and skilled as Rangers, Green Berets, and Navy Seals. FCSO SWAT is NOT! I can tell you that a big hot pile of dog crap is prime rib, but is it? Don't believe the Sheriff's political propaganda.
Be respectful of Hans Fifer , he was my friend and was a good man. Hans died in training most likely due to a heart condition . He worked with me shovelling mulch , laying sod , painting , and moving furniture in 100 degree heat. That was in addition to his full time and part time jobs. He was not a slovenly man , nor was he morbidly obese. Hans was a hardworking family oriented man.
Please do not run him down as an out of shape deputy who died because he wasn't fit .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS in Fulton County? 5 hr Jiminy 8
slander (Sep '13) 10 hr Rusty Semen 34
Three arrested for sex offenses in Lonoke Co. (Dec '11) 11 hr Mossy Semen 22
Discount Kitchens UK Sat Rintada 1
Haley-Jade Sowell Fri Hayleigh_Jade 2
Toothache Thu Badtooth 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Thu BARNEYII 30,462
Mayflower Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web