Sturkie residents fight for Post Office

Nov 23, 2011 Read more: KAIT-TV Jonesboro 16

STURKIE, AR Residents in the town of Sturkie, located in Fulton County, may have to travel to Salem to get their mail.

Read more
BOB

Rogers, AR

#1 Nov 23, 2011
Ya all keep crying about smaller government well with smaller government things shrink.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Hardy, AR

#2 Nov 24, 2011
BOB wrote:
Ya all keep crying about smaller government well with smaller government things shrink.
Kind of like your little pecker?
BOB

Farmington, MI

#3 Nov 25, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of like your little pecker?
your old lady did not seem to mind the 10 in stubby when i rammed it in her mouth.
Danna

Farmington, MI

#4 Nov 26, 2011
How nice it would be if HSB lost is post office since all the place is,a wanna be destination of broken dreams and lies and bad government with saint Bob barns at the helm.
Colt

Ash Flat, AR

#5 Nov 27, 2011
BOB if you want to run your mouth about something pick a post that is pure crap anyway not a real situation for a lot of people. If your implying that with smaller government things shrink. Ok where is the smaller government part of your equation?
Citizen

Hemphill, TX

#6 Dec 4, 2011
Stop going to get your mail and have your bills delivered to a mail service. Closing Post Office is not going to affect the governments size, but it will affect how they do business. They do not have brains enough to see what is causing this recession anyway. The communications of this country with all its technological acomplishments will be brought to its knees by 911 addressing officials.
Jamalie

Brookline, MA

#7 Dec 5, 2011
Colt wrote:
BOB if you want to run your mouth about something pick a post that is pure crap anyway not a real situation for a lot of people. If your implying that with smaller government things shrink. Ok where is the smaller government part of your equation?
Ok you win its the Republican Party foult that your post off May go away either case get over it and deal with it.Life on easy RRFD is over for now.
yeahhhhhh

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Dec 6, 2011
LETS TURN IT IN TO A HAIRHASH AT WAT WAS ONCE THE STURKIEBASH!!??
Jack

Brea, CA

#9 Dec 10, 2011
You all just keep fighting and lets see just what your Favorite Republican will do to solve this Problem for you!
Cassandra

Cherokee Village, AR

#10 Dec 17, 2011
BOB wrote:
Ya, all that squaking they are lucky to even get there mail.imo

Camp, AR

#11 Feb 22, 2012
The amash need it

Camp, AR

#12 Apr 1, 2012
Anyone heard if we will get to keep it
Think

Salem, AR

#13 Apr 26, 2012
I haven't heard yet.
Debra Emery

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Nov 4, 2012
MY HOPES ARE TO KEEP STURKIES PO OPEN! BOB YOUR BULB DIM?
bill compton

United States

#15 Nov 8, 2012
Why couldn't they replace the post office with stand alone locking mailbox system similar to housing developments. Then place an outgoing mailbox among them. Serviced by salems p.o.
postal

Cherokee Village, AR

#16 Aug 29, 2014
Well,this topic is suppose to be coming up for review again in September ( 2014 ) If the Sturkie post office is closed down, the route will be integrated in with the Salem route. the PO box people would just have to either get mail at their house, or get a PO box in Salem. I guess if Sturkie doesn't want that, they better fight to keep it open again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
little local using girls (Sep '14) 46 min Mat A 6
Is it the size of the worm or the knowledge of ... 6 hr truth 21
Phillip Taylor Apr 16 guest 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Apr 16 Gameover 30,811
Middle aged clubs and bars (Jan '13) Apr 16 hobo 11
Debate: Marijuana - Conway, AR (Aug '10) Apr 15 displacedTXN 16
News Fluoride returns for Community Water System cus... Apr 1 Sslott 3
More from around the web

Mayflower People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE