More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 484)

Showing posts 9,661 - 9,680 of9,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old Army

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

A year ago when I was last on here someone said we could get 10,000 posts on this topic and I said it would never happen. Just goes to show that idiots out number dead blackbirds (but not live ones mind you, saw thousands of them turn the field in front of my house from brown to black in just minutes yesterday.)
Old Army

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

John wrote:
Someone has never been duck hunting. You can knock a duck out of the sky and not find a single shot pellet when you clean it. The shock of the noise will drop them. That was a case of a kid with a lot of fireworks.
Reminds me of a Justin Wilson story about two drunk LSU fans duck hunting from a boat. First Cajin emptied his shotgun at a flock of about twenty and missed them all. Second Cajin fired one shot at the lone straggler and the duck fell into their boat. His friend said "good shot!!". Second one said "What you talkin about, out of a flock of that may I should have killed 10 or nine",
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

Just wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you hunt innocent animals? All you hunters can choke on the big Stromboli . Especially the idiot asking what weapons you used. What differance does it make? We still have 4 dead coyotes. Who cares if Elmer Fudd was walking by and chose to kill these innocent animals or some Huckaby Wannabe planed to exact pain and suffering on these defenseless animals. Who cares we still have the same outcome.
I have probably killed 5,372 coyotes in my time. I meant innocent coyotes and not once had a Stromboli while doing it. We did have some cheap Little Ceasers pizza once though. I love shooting defenseless animals.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have probably killed 5,372 coyotes in my time. I meant innocent coyotes and not once had a Stromboli while doing it. We did have some cheap Little Ceasers pizza once though. I love shooting defenseless animals.
So do I. And then I use those photographs to educate uneducated people......like you.
Michigan sucks

Paris, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Warrior I started killing coyotes about 13 years ago me and three buddys of mine we call them in and bait them the best thing I have found is getting a chicken and tie a cable to one leg and stake the other in of it to the ground and use a rabbit call to call them in we keep track of what we kill on a calander we have killed 2327 coyotes 44 fox and 112 bobcats !!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

I am off to hunt some more coyotes. I am getting a late start but at least it's cold out.
Michigan sucks

Paris, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

We had a ok hunt this saturday we just killed 11 coyotes
Ridge Runner

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Maybe some thing in the air??? www.midwestwildlifeconnections.com
John

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

So, do you eat those coyotes or just kill them because you have a gun?
John

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

No "I" in cajun. The "I" belongs in the words Ignorant and hIllbilly.
Michigan sucks

Paris, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Good luck WARRIOR I will be hunting also all day saturday and part of the day sunday got to get ready to watch the big game

Good luck WARRIOR I will be hunting also all day saturday and part of the day sunday got to get ready for the game!!

james

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

bad

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Is this true?
curmudgeon

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you did well. We are also preparing for the game.
That's a big part of what is wrong with this country. Parasites are paid millions of dollars to play games that involve chasing balls. and the stadiums are funded by the taxpayers. Boycott all sports. Even boycott high school sports. don't allow your children to help make some overpaid parasite coachs living.
churmudgeon

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
The free market dictates how much an individual makes. It's called capitalism. The taxpayers receive more than their fare share in revenue generated from games, hotel taxes, cab taxes, food taxes , merchandise taxes and so forth. It's a multi-billion dollar industry where everybody wins except those who can't see it.
Its not capitalisn when the public coffers are robbed to support and pay for any portion of the expence & infrastructure. Now you just repeted the liberal commie bullcrap. Those stadiums cost many more dollars to build and maintain than the tax revenue they generate. Half of the tax revenue generated is consumed by the goverment agencies that collect the taes. It cost more tax dollars for the extra police & public employees required to police the events. If those stadiums where big money makers the private companies would build their own. Paying parasite folks millions of dollars to play games while the making producers are swapping nickles is not sustainable. many public schools and colleges the biggest budget expence is athletics. Rome spent too much on their stadiums. the mayans did likewise . Only some one who has no life wants to live vicariously through watching some one else do things that they themselves cannot do.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Woe I didn't see this
curmudgeon

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

What happened to the promised glowbull warming. Ive already had enough of this snow ice and freezing weather. I wish I had a big pile of tires to burn . A big tire kill might help warm things up? At least here in my part of the Ozarks the electricity is still on. The TV and compueter is keeping my wife from getting cabin fever and going beserk! The livestock wont even come out of the barn. I stay busy keeping their drinking water thawed. One good thing the cold makes firewood eally easy to split. One good twak with the splitting mall does the job.
Weather man

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

It's crazy just like this weather
dd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Tes

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Michigan sucks wrote:
Warrior I started killing coyotes about 13 years ago me and three buddys of mine we call them in and bait them the best thing I have found is getting a chicken and tie a cable to one leg and stake the other in of it to the ground and use a rabbit call to call them in we keep track of what we kill on a calander we have killed 2327 coyotes 44 fox and 112 bobcats !!!
...Without any honor.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,661 - 9,680 of9,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mayflower Discussions

Search the Mayflower Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 26 min Blaggard 27,884
Won't be "Shock"ed again 1 hr It really is clearing 33
Double Edges Sword 8 hr DonkeyRider 43
Are Dwayne Plumlee and Judge Willet honest men? (Apr '12) 22 hr camp 23
on the border sherwood Tue Guest 21
Who else wants the Mayflower Superintendent can... Apr 9 DonkeyRider 1
Teacher speaks out about her resignation over b... Apr 8 What 2
•••
•••