JPs unanimously oppose a 'wet' Faulkner County

Jun 6, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NWAonline

The Faulkner County Quorum Court voted unanimously Thursday night for a resolution opposing the widespread sale of alcohol in the county, where only private clubs, including restaurants, with liquor licenses now legally sell alcohol.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 9
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My Vote

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 6, 2014
 
The Faulkner County Quorum Court is soooo full of shit!
John B

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 6, 2014
 
I believe the people should decide, but I'm adamantly against widespread liquor sales.
COMMUNITY

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Quorum Court is the voice of the people concerning the county issues in their districts.Seems to be that they are more concerned about the well being of our 3 colleges and our town than Wal-Mart & Kum n Go lining their pockets with beer sales. People are mislead to believe that their will be a huge revenue but in reality as we all saw last nite that it will actually raise taxes in our town.We already have on premise that is where the money is for our town!!!!!!!!!!We don't need the problems that comes with liquor stores.I know that there will be 23 to 25 just in conway.They only have to be 600 ft from a church or school!!!!!!!!!Keep our town clean!!!!!!!!!!
My Vote

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Why give sales tax money to Conway County and Pulaski County? There will be no more DWI's than there is now, and know more arrests for public intoxication than there is now. The Quorum Court is looking for ways to piss of our tax money in other ways than spending it on public safety. I got news for the public, according to state standards, the sheriff's office is already undermanned as per the county population. As I said, the Quorum Court is sooo full of shit!.
COMMUNITY

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

The quorum court showed that there will be a increase in dwi's.We will have to hire more police officers which will raise taxes.The drinkers will be on the streets more frequently back & forth because the liquor stores are closer.They don't have to buy as much so they are right back on the street.Tell another lie!! They even showed how much comparing us to fayetteville.
FYI

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 6, 2014
 
COMMUNITY wrote:
The quorum court showed that there will be a increase in dwi's.We will have to hire more police officers which will raise taxes.The drinkers will be on the streets more frequently back & forth because the liquor stores are closer.They don't have to buy as much so they are right back on the street.Tell another lie!! They even showed how much comparing us to fayetteville.
Your just as full of shit as Goode and the Quorum Court! If they would have done a real study from the Center for Disease Control; they would have seen the drinking rate is higher in dry counties than wet ones. This was nothing more than a bunch of holier than thou bible thumpers pushing their points of view! This should have been put on the ballet for the people of this county to decide. The last I checked, we live in a democracy, not a country ruled by communism or fascism. I'm also guessing Goode is also an expert on how many deputies it takes to police a county.
COMMUNITY

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 6, 2014
 
"Your just as full of shit as Goode and the Quorum Court!"

You kiss your mother with that mouth.Com e on this should be an intelligent clean debate.As we can all see you live Grant county not Faulkner county why do you care?I live work, play and raise my children here.

"If they would have done a real study from the Center for Disease Control; they would have seen the drinking rate is higher in dry counties than wet ones."

Sure that makes sense everyone knows that MORE alcohol equals less DWI's, public intoxication,and domestic violence.

"This was nothing more than a bunch of holier than thou bible thumpers pushing their points of view! "

JPs are appointed or elected from the citizens of the jurisdiction in which they serve.The Quorum Court is the voice of the people concerning the county issues in their districts.

" The last I checked, we live in a democracy, not a country ruled by communism or fascism."

Finally we agree but could you relay this information to Walt-Mart and Kum N Go who are trying every dirty trick in the book to shove alcohol down our fine communities throat for their profits by which in turn it will cost the county money.

"I got news for the public, according to state standards, the sheriff's office is already undermanned as per the county population."

All the more reason to add alcohol to every street corner in Faulkner county.

FYI

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 7, 2014
 
COMMUNITY wrote:
"Your just as full of shit as Goode and the Quorum Court!"
You kiss your mother with that mouth.Com e on this should be an intelligent clean debate.As we can all see you live Grant county not Faulkner county why do you care?I live work, play and raise my children here.
"If they would have done a real study from the Center for Disease Control; they would have seen the drinking rate is higher in dry counties than wet ones."
Sure that makes sense everyone knows that MORE alcohol equals less DWI's, public intoxication,and domestic violence.
"This was nothing more than a bunch of holier than thou bible thumpers pushing their points of view! "
JPs are appointed or elected from the citizens of the jurisdiction in which they serve.The Quorum Court is the voice of the people concerning the county issues in their districts.
" The last I checked, we live in a democracy, not a country ruled by communism or fascism."
Finally we agree but could you relay this information to Walt-Mart and Kum N Go who are trying every dirty trick in the book to shove alcohol down our fine communities throat for their profits by which in turn it will cost the county money.
"I got news for the public, according to state standards, the sheriff's office is already undermanned as per the county population."
All the more reason to add alcohol to every street corner in Faulkner county.
You must be a JP or related to one (Goode) You have no clue, and it's not your fault you lack the brain power to understand; because your a product of inbreeding. This ruling will be shot out of the water, because I'm sure someone will fight it in court, then it will be placed on a ballet, then the people will vote yes for a wet county. The only reason the Quorum Court went this route, was because they knew if this was put on a ballet, it would be voted yes for wet! I wounder if Goode did research as to who owns, or is part owner in the Liqueur Store's across the county lines? I think everyone would be just amazed as to who does. If Faulkner County went wet, that sure would hurt a Liqueur Store just sitting across the county line wouldn't it. More dirty politics in action in Faulkner County!
a person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 16, 2014
 
He's right about dwi rates being higher in dry counties than in wet ones. This is a survey from a university that was done specifically on Arkansas counties and dwi rates. http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/InTheNews/Dri...

I totally understand your misgivings towards alcohol and having it in town. But if you travel to other, northern states, you'll see that they have alcohol in all of their stores. Yes, that makes it more accessible, but at the same time, it makes it less desirable to youth. Alcohol is an elusive thing in Conway. If everyone was chill about it, nobody would care and we wouldn't have nearly as many of the crazy drunks as we have now.
you asked for it

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 17, 2014
 
Hasn't everyone realized that the people governing this county are a bunch of elected dip shits!
Can not wait

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 17, 2014
 
Can't wait to vote YES on this come November!
Firsthand

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 28, 2014
 
Studies are great but after on premise alcohol sales hit Faulkner county.The amount of DWIs, public intoxication,and traffic accidents have risen.You can read studies all day long or you can come down to the detention center and see for yourself.Also having alcohol, bars and gentleman clubs Will NOT make it less desirable to youth because they will want to participate.
a person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 28, 2014
 
Firsthand wrote:
Studies are great but after on premise alcohol sales hit Faulkner county.The amount of DWIs, public intoxication,and traffic accidents have risen.You can read studies all day long or you can come down to the detention center and see for yourself.Also having alcohol, bars and gentleman clubs Will NOT make it less desirable to youth because they will want to participate.
1. Gentlemen's clubs are different. Those are gross and I'm not for that.

2. Think about the reason that DWI's are higher, people aren't able to drink at home without driving 30 minutes away to get alcohol. If they have a rough day and they need to get a drink they have no choice but to go to TGIFridays or some local bar here to get one.

DWI's would go down drastically if alcohol was closer to their homes.

Right now their choice is, go to a bar in town or drive 30 minutes out of the way to get alcohol to bring it back home.
Firsthand

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Monday Jun 30
 
a person wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Gentlemen's clubs are different. Those are gross and I'm not for that.
2. Think about the reason that DWI's are higher, people aren't able to drink at home without driving 30 minutes away to get alcohol. If they have a rough day and they need to get a drink they have no choice but to go to TGIFridays or some local bar here to get one.
DWI's would go down drastically if alcohol was closer to their homes.
Right now their choice is, go to a bar in town or drive 30 minutes out of the way to get alcohol to bring it back home.
Gentleman's Clubs are part of a county going wet.Most wet counties have them why would Faulkner be any different?See the problem is people are ignoring everything that comes with a wet county and only focusing on what they want easier access to booze.You cant turn a blind eye to the fact that their will be bars,nightclubs and strip clubs.If your for going wet, your for this type of atmosphere.You cant pick and choose what comes with going wet.Don't believe every study you read on the net.They are mostly inconclusive looking only for short periods of time in small case studies.So you increase the amount of alcohol in any given town making access easier.Human beings are creatures of excess.So i don't haft to drive 30 minutes anymore.When i drive it makes me have to stock up and be a bit cautious entering and leaving a dry county.When it is wet its everywhere.I don't haft to buy as much so i can go to the store buy small amounts take them home and consume them when I'm out i run right back down to the store .Putting me on the streets more frequently intoxicated.See you have your occasional drinker and the everyday drinker.The everyday drinker goes to the store multiple times a day they open and close the store.Bars you go their strictly to drink no food involved.Go in spend several hours drinking and then hit the streets.These are all harsh realities of a wet county.Like I said I have seen it before on premise at the detention center and after.DWI's WILL NOT go down drastically if alcohol was closer to their homes.All alcohol related issues will increase.
Just Saying

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Monday Jun 30
 
Firsthand wrote:
<quoted text>
Gentleman's Clubs are part of a county going wet.Most wet counties have them why would Faulkner be any different?See the problem is people are ignoring everything that comes with a wet county and only focusing on what they want easier access to booze.You cant turn a blind eye to the fact that their will be bars,nightclubs and strip clubs.If your for going wet, your for this type of atmosphere.You cant pick and choose what comes with going wet.Don't believe every study you read on the net.They are mostly inconclusive looking only for short periods of time in small case studies.So you increase the amount of alcohol in any given town making access easier.Human beings are creatures of excess.So i don't haft to drive 30 minutes anymore.When i drive it makes me have to stock up and be a bit cautious entering and leaving a dry county.When it is wet its everywhere.I don't haft to buy as much so i can go to the store buy small amounts take them home and consume them when I'm out i run right back down to the store .Putting me on the streets more frequently intoxicated.See you have your occasional drinker and the everyday drinker.The everyday drinker goes to the store multiple times a day they open and close the store.Bars you go their strictly to drink no food involved.Go in spend several hours drinking and then hit the streets.These are all harsh realities of a wet county.Like I said I have seen it before on premise at the detention center and after.DWI's WILL NOT go down drastically if alcohol was closer to their homes.All alcohol related issues will increase.
It just blows my mind when people post these lip dick comments as to not having a wet county. I know for a fact that a county official goes to strip clubs and bars when he is supposedly out on a county business trip. This is just a bunch of hypocritical BS! You also have county officials that have wrote hot checks, and a pastor of a church that is in the Faulkner County Republican Party that wrote a boat load of hot checks! Again, just a bunch of f.u.c.k.i.n.g hypocrites! Faulkner County will become wet at some point and time, it may take trip to the U.S. Supreme Court, but it will become wet. I think the county and you so called holier than thou people should be raising hell about child molesters being employed by the county, and why the county can't solve a murder. I believe this is much more important than someone wanting to buy a beer in Faulkner County.
Average Joe

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Tuesday Jul 1
 
Firsthand is right. I'm a recovering alcoholic born and raised in Little Rock. I started drinking at a very young age. I did exactly what Firsthand is saying. I lived less than ten minutes from the nearest store. I would go their several times a day and buy a six pack and a pint or what ever I had money for. I would run the streets all day long. This in turn lead to my three DWIs, several public intoxications, loss of my job and eventually my marriage. Also a lot of things in between we don't need to discuss. Why do you think liquor stores sell single beers and half pints? They are not produced to take home and saver these are what we call road pops. A recovering alcoholic and the up and coming alcoholic does not need to see the temptation at every corner store. Telling people that DWIs will decrease by going wet is funny to me. That is like saying if you make drugs more available their will be less drug addicts.
Just Saying

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Tuesday Jul 1
 
Average Joe wrote:
Firsthand is right. I'm a recovering alcoholic born and raised in Little Rock. I started drinking at a very young age. I did exactly what Firsthand is saying. I lived less than ten minutes from the nearest store. I would go their several times a day and buy a six pack and a pint or what ever I had money for. I would run the streets all day long. This in turn lead to my three DWIs, several public intoxications, loss of my job and eventually my marriage. Also a lot of things in between we don't need to discuss. Why do you think liquor stores sell single beers and half pints? They are not produced to take home and saver these are what we call road pops. A recovering alcoholic and the up and coming alcoholic does not need to see the temptation at every corner store. Telling people that DWIs will decrease by going wet is funny to me. That is like saying if you make drugs more available their will be less drug addicts.
So, what you saying is, since you are a weak limp dick person, others should suffer?
Average Joe

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Wednesday Jul 2
 
We all understand how you feel everyone that is not pro booze are,,,

"A bunch of elected dip shits,weak limp dick,holier than thou bible thumpers,full of shit,f.*.*.*.*.*g hypocrites, lacking the brain power to understand; because they are a product of inbreeding."

How could anyone argue with such Intelligence.
Tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Wednesday Jul 2
 
Average Joe wrote:
We all understand how you feel everyone that is not pro booze are,,,
"A bunch of elected dip shits,weak limp dick,holier than thou bible thumpers,full of shit,f.*.*.*.*.*g hypocrites, lacking the brain power to understand; because they are a product of inbreeding."
How could anyone argue with such Intelligence.
At lest he knows when to say when, and is not the town drunk as you admitted to being.
Just ME

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Wednesday Jul 2
 
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>At lest he knows when to say when, and is not the town drunk as you admitted to being.
I've read all of your comments don't care either way if Faulkner goes wet don't drink. I like to keep up on current issues in my town and this was the first site I hit. I must say the more intelligent argument here comes from the dry side. All I see is the wet side lashing out with childish put downs which is a sure sign of immaturity. So if you want anyone to take you seriously try a different approach.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mayflower Discussions

Search the Mayflower Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Am I wrong? 2 hr Tall Saly 4
Clifford Dillon (Sep '13) 3 hr Nicole 2
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 9 hr Read the Headlines 9,796
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 hr Puppets 29,107
best resturant's to work 16 hr guest 1
Andy Shock getting sued 19 hr Time tells all 17
Amber Taylor Mon guesswho 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mayflower Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mayflower People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mayflower News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mayflower
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••