Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,116 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28833 Jan 25, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
Oh the problematic irony. The Democrat Party, from President Obama on down, repeatedly lectured us that passing their big government health care law was the only way to reduce the number of uninsured. With the enrollment deadline for ObamaCare rapidly approaching, its looking like that was another lie
Then again maybe it was not.

Workers Opting For Employer Coverage Over ObamaCare
98 comments, 10 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments
Employers are seeing an increase in the number of full-time workers taking advantage of company health benefit offerings even as a parade of companies like Target Corp.(TGT) end health benefits for part-time workers.

Because the Affordable Care Act requires Americans to obtain coverage or face a penalty, employers this year are experiencing an influx of workers who hadn’t previously taken advantage of company-sponsored health benefit plans.

The wave signing up for employer coverage could be large given the number that turned such benefits down in the past. A survey by health benefits consultancy Mercer in November said 22 percent of an employer’s eligible workers “waive coverage for themselves either because they are covered under another plan or because they choose to go without.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2014/...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28834 Jan 25, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you will need to worry about that low sign up thing any longer.
(Reuters)- The number of people enrolled in private health insurance under Obamacare has soared by more than one-third in recent weeks to around 3 million, according to government data released on Friday.
Marilyn Tavenner, administrator of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), announced the preliminary tally in a blog posting. She forecast that enrollment through new federal and state health insurance marketplaces would continue to grow in coming weeks as a public outreach campaign accelerates.
The new data adds to evidence that President Barack Obama's administration has turned the corner on enrollment after a botched October 1 launch. It also shows that officials might still reach their initial goal of signing up 7 million people for private coverage by the time enrollment ends on March 31.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/24/us-...
Here is the reason that 2.2 million signed up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/24/3-...

Notice that the Obama Administration had to include those who have yet to make their first payment in order to get to the 2.2 million mark. As you probably know, insurance companies require a person to pay for the policy first before issuing coverage. The article also says that "Devon Herrick, senior analyst at the National Center for Policy Analysis, says the report continues to leave out two key statistics: premium payments and demographics". If the numbers were so great and everyone was paying, then the Obama administration would be shouting from the rooftops. But they're not. It should tell you something but I'm sure it won't. But hey, if you like the numbers then have yourself a little party. Just remember the huge drop in unemployment right before the 2012 election that turned out to be a lie. I think we are looking at a very similar situation here.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28835 Jan 25, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
800,000 people have signed up in the few weeks between late December and January 15. This surge in enrollment means that the administration is only 300,000 behind their original target of 3.3 million enrollees. Once the full numbers for January are released, it is expected that the ACA will not only be on target, but may be ahead of schedule.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/25/republ...
How many are paying and how much? You can't tell me because your leader won't release those numbers. If enough people are paying premiums to support this disaster, don't you think the numbers would be released and every liberal media outlet would be constantly talking about it? But they're not. Why is that? I think you know but don't want to say.

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#28836 Jan 25, 2014
Old Barneys reply should be rich ! He's practicing the double talk. He's scouring his cut and pastes. He's looking at his list of diversion topics.
Whatever he comes back with, you can be sure it won't be specific, and you can be sure it will be ridiculous! And chances are really high that he will manage to talk about how smart he is, how he has put us in our place, or maybe both.
Poor old fool and his fuzzy math!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28837 Jan 25, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are paying and how much? You can't tell me because your leader won't release those numbers. If enough people are paying premiums to support this disaster, don't you think the numbers would be released and every liberal media outlet would be constantly talking about it? But they're not. Why is that? I think you know but don't want to say

.
That information is schedule out next week, along with the blood type and stool sample data of each applicant.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28838 Jan 25, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are paying and how much? You can't tell me because your leader won't release those numbers. If enough people are paying premiums to support this disaster, don't you think the numbers would be released and every liberal media outlet would be constantly talking about it? But they're not. Why is that? I think you know but don't want to say

.
Tell you what, watch the, SOTU, address Tues. night and I bet you will be hearing about it.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28839 Jan 25, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That information is schedule out next week, along with the blood type and stool sample data of each applicant.
Sarcastic humor? Is that the proper liberal response when someone lets the air out of your liberal utopia balloon by telling the rest of the story? I thought the proper response was to talk down to the person who just dismantled your gloating as if they were a child who can't possibly understand the perspective from an intellectual such as yourself. More likely, the truth has backed you into a corner that none of your liberal tricks can get you out of.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28840 Jan 25, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, watch the, SOTU, address Tues. night and I bet you will be hearing about it.


Won't be watching that. Don't want to ruin my night. I've had enough lies for one presidency.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28844 Jan 26, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!
"Workers Opting For Employer Coverage Over ObamaCare"
What does that tell you about your heroes signature legislation?
LOL!

It tells me the ACH is doing what it is designed to do.

Getting the non insured- Insured!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28845 Jan 26, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcastic humor? Is that the proper liberal response when someone lets the air out of your liberal utopia balloon by telling the rest of the story? I thought the proper response was to talk down to the person who just dismantled your gloating as if they were a child who can't possibly understand the perspective from an intellectual such as yourself. More likely, the truth has backed you into a corner that none of your liberal tricks can get you out of
You hardly let the air out of any ones balloon, with with your Fox News story, you are clearly grasping at straws with such ignorance.
Fo Show

Ash Flat, AR

#28846 Jan 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You hardly let the air out of any ones balloon, with with your Fox News story, you are clearly grasping at straws with such ignorance.
Poor Old Barney he is such a fool ! He tries to hide his true location which is Salem Ar by claiming to be in New York. Question for you Mr. Barney if you are in New York just why are you constantly posting here on the Springdale site that pretty much sums you up as a liar and a deceiver?
forum poster

Conway, AR

#28847 Jan 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again maybe it was not.
Workers Opting For Employer Coverage Over ObamaCare
98 comments, 10 called-out Comment Now
Follow Comments
Employers are seeing an increase in the number of full-time workers taking advantage of company health benefit offerings even as a parade of companies like Target Corp.(TGT) end health benefits for part-time workers.
Because the Affordable Care Act requires Americans to obtain coverage or face a penalty, employers this year are experiencing an influx of workers who hadn’t previously taken advantage of company-sponsored health benefit plans.
The wave signing up for employer coverage could be large given the number that turned such benefits down in the past. A survey by health benefits consultancy Mercer in November said 22 percent of an employer’s eligible workers “waive coverage for themselves either because they are covered under another plan or because they choose to go without.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2014/...
Barney, when you site an article, it's always a good idea to read the entire article, and not just cut and paste the parts you like, ignoring the rest.

Same article that you cited also says,

"Analysts reason that workers who in the past have opted against participating in employer coverage see better quality benefits or perhaps a lower cost than health plans available via the government marketplaces.
But some analysts don’t see the $95 penalty in the law’s first year for not signing up for health benefits as “enough of a stick to entice an employee to take either an employer’s medical plan or to purchase insurance through the public health exchanges,” said Thom Mangan, chief executive of United Benefit Advisors, which helps employers with their health benefit programs.
“It will take penalties in the thousands to provide the carrot and stick for an individual to feel the cost/benefit of purchasing insurance over another item whether it be cigarettes, a new car or just to put food on the table,” Mangan added.
forum poster

Conway, AR

#28848 Jan 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you will need to worry about that low sign up thing any longer.
(Reuters)- The number of people enrolled in private health insurance under Obamacare has soared by more than one-third in recent weeks to around 3 million, according to government data released on Friday.
Marilyn Tavenner, administrator of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), announced the preliminary tally in a blog posting. She forecast that enrollment through new federal and state health insurance marketplaces would continue to grow in coming weeks as a public outreach campaign accelerates.
The new data adds to evidence that President Barack Obama's administration has turned the corner on enrollment after a botched October 1 launch. It also shows that officials might still reach their initial goal of signing up 7 million people for private coverage by the time enrollment ends on March 31.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/24/us-...
See, Barney, you narrow-minded fool, when you site articles that are based on words and phrases like...
"Preliminary tally", "forecast...would continue", "adds to evidence", "Officials might still reach their goal",
and you expect readers to accept your 'could be' and 'might still' numbers as factual, then in turn, you must respect the very same projected numbers presented by others, as factual...even when you don't like how those numbers and projections add up.

However, you refuse this approach...and that is why your drivel is mocked and laughed at. I realize this is a liberal tactic that seems to have clouded your ability to think reasonably, but one of these days, as the actual numbers continue to prove you wrong, just maybe you will be able to control your child-like folly...but I doubt it!
forum poster

Conway, AR

#28850 Jan 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You hardly let the air out of any ones balloon, with with your Fox News story, you are clearly grasping at straws with such ignorance.
Barney knows ignorance, for he is the king of ignorance
forum poster

Conway, AR

#28851 Jan 26, 2014
Barney, do your fuzzy math numbers of those that have signed up for ObamaCare, account for the millions that were already insured, but LOST their insurance BECAUSE of ObamaCare, can't get insurance through their employer anymore, and are forced to sign up for ObamaCare?
Of course they don't, because those details are never released or known.
If you want to believe articles that might be able to report number increases based on preliminary talks, then you're just the biggest idiot of them all.
Redd

North Little Rock, AR

#28852 Jan 26, 2014
Damn you Barney!!

You do know that you're responsible for several public libraries being overran with massive redneck butt-crack displays around the free computers don't you?
Redd

North Little Rock, AR

#28853 Jan 26, 2014
forum poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney knows ignorance, for he is the king of ignorance
Excuse me Ma'am, but shouldn't that read King of Ignorance. Give the man his due, afterall he chooses, by his message, to surround himself with a Assembly of Fools and Idiots..
soupman

Paragould, AR

#28854 Jan 26, 2014
My first response on this thread,have only read this page,just saw someone ask wat minimum wage should be.I o not think there should be a minimum wage at all.Sorry for poor spelling.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28855 Jan 26, 2014
Fo Show wrote:
<quoted text> Poor Old Barney he is such a fool ! He tries to hide his true location which is Salem Ar by claiming to be in New York. Question for you Mr. Barney if you are in New York just why are you constantly posting here on the Springdale site that pretty much sums you up as a liar and a deceiver?
Hey you know what else....... I don't look a whole Hell of a lot like the former Senator of New York either,...... but there's her picture on my Moniker ..........
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28856 Jan 26, 2014
soupman wrote:
My first response on this thread,have only read this page,just saw someone ask wat minimum wage should be.I o not think there should be a minimum wage at all.Sorry for poor spelling.
Oh, now you've done it! The liberals are screaming at the top of their lungs about income inequality. Thing is, liberals simply don't understand how a minimum wage actually hurts a workforce and not helps them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toothache 15 hr Badtooth 3
Dalton Williams from Clinton beware 20 hr 28:):$:,!:73$:$::$:: 3
Alyssa Dec 23 whysocurious 2
i need a real loan shark (Apr '14) Dec 22 Juan 8
adam corchran Dec 21 X friend 26
slander (Sep '13) Dec 21 mossy semaned 30
One last goodbye Dec 4 Blackrose2413 1
Mayflower Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mayflower People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mayflower News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mayflower

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:00PM
Rookie Martin makes quick impression in Dallas - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:15 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Washington
Bleacher Report 5:50 PM
Complete Preview of Rams vs. Seahawks
Bleacher Report12:22 AM
Cowboys' Week 17 Preview vs. Redskins
Bleacher Report 2:12 AM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Complete Week 17 Preview for Seattle