Sending people home
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Politico

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jul 30, 2014
I think we should get rid of all illegals and then send even legals home. We'd get rid of lot of problems. Don't let them stay in our schools. We educated the 911 radicals!
DeDe

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jul 31, 2014
Yep. We have lots of kids here going hungry and way too many in foster care. Then you look at number of elderly who go without adequate housing, food, and even meds!! These often worked hard and paid taxes yet we take away from them when another group decides to walk in with their countries advice and our countries help! It's ridiculous. No wonder other countries believe we are a nation of idiots!
Super sonic

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jul 31, 2014
Send back same way they came in. We can't take care of more!
Sassy

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Aug 2, 2014
Australia just took a huge shipload from Sri Lanka back. They were not allowed to come on their soil ! We don't have a clue. Should have taken first 100 and put on plane back period. By end of week we wouldn't have had more! Obama is spineless!
Dontchano

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Aug 3, 2014
Do it now. This is how we got gangs like MS13, drugs galore, crimes out whazoo, and a crap boat load more on the free benefit buffet we hand out. Oh, did I mention the rest of us are busting butt to even buy gas to get to work!
a person

United States

#6 Aug 3, 2014
Every 50 years this country has immigrants coming from their country to ours in search of hope. Unless you are 100% Native American, at some point in time your ancestors were coming here in search of hope and a better life for their children. Whether you're Irish, Hispanic, European, Jewish, or African(it's possible your ancestors were forcibly brought over, so you may not apply to this), your forefathers came here searching for hope. How can you deny others what you have benefited from?
idiocy

Conway, AR

#7 Aug 3, 2014
a person wrote:
Every 50 years this country has immigrants coming from their country to ours in search of hope. Unless you are 100% Native American, at some point in time your ancestors were coming here in search of hope and a better life for their children. Whether you're Irish, Hispanic, European, Jewish, or African(it's possible your ancestors were forcibly brought over, so you may not apply to this), your forefathers came here searching for hope. How can you deny others what you have benefited from?
I benefited from the good choices and hard work of my ancestors because they went about it LEGALLY! You know, following laws, abiding by the rules, even choosing to forego certain privileges this country offered until they could LEGALLY partake in them.
Yes, they left an admirable legacy that I'm certainly proud of, and have shared with my children.
No one would be so sanctimonious as to deny others what we have benefited from...due process, the law, becoming legal citizens of this great country, and enjoying the life America has to offer!
However, the free pass that you are speaking of and the draining of millions of legal tax payers dollars so they can have better benefits than many Americans by breaking the law and remaining ILLEGAL, well that's just absurd.
idiocy

Conway, AR

#8 Aug 3, 2014
a person wrote:
However, if you would be so kind as to leave your name and address on here, we can make sure a bus load of illegal children can be dropped off at your house for you to care for, since you don't want to deny others of your benefits.
We will just be waiting for your information, and have the first bus load on their way to your house ASAP!!
a person

Conway, AR

#9 Aug 3, 2014
idiocy wrote:
<quoted text>However, if you would be so kind as to leave your name and address on here, we can make sure a bus load of illegal children can be dropped off at your house for you to care for, since you don't want to deny others of your benefits.
We will just be waiting for your information, and have the first bus load on their way to your house ASAP!!
maybe later with that address, my apartment is kinda messy at the moment. Lol.

But you're right, illegal citizenship hurts our country, but we need serious reforms in citizenship to encourage illegals to become one of us and to start contributing. Deportation isn't the answer, as appealing as it seems. They need to be given the option to become citizens before uprooting them from their homes that they have fought for.

You can be for immigration but against illegal immigration at the same time. Let us keep being a place of hope for people. There's not much left on this earth to be hopeful for than the rapture or a maybe a decent football season.
Idiocy

Conway, AR

#10 Aug 3, 2014
My guess is the Rapture before a winning football season!
And that's just fine by me!!:)
Dontchano

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Aug 4, 2014
Well my ancestors came here for a better life. We landed in Ellis Island and were treated like a herd of sheep. When we left we were INDENTURED which is just this side if slavery,. After working like dogs for 11 years we were free! Then we worked harder for four and settled somewhere else! Worked harder for another six and bought land.. We worked that land while building a house etc.Please notice we did this while we all worked. It was not done by way of benefit buffet me and other LEGAL former immigrants paid for , thank you very much! The only thing paid for by someone else was passage tickets, but we repaid those over several times. We did NOT get it on the "you've got it and I want it free" plan!!!!
Tilly

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Aug 4, 2014
Their dream becomes our nightmare- one we get to pay for!!!!!
a person

United States

#13 Aug 4, 2014
Tilly wrote:
Their dream becomes our nightmare- one we get to pay for!!!!!
Everytime we have had groups of immigrants come to the country, they spend the next 50-100 years doing the work that natural born citizens aren't willing to do. Would you go pick strawberries in California for two to three months a year and then get laid off every year?
Tilly

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Aug 4, 2014
No, but if we'd stop paying for having children you can't take care of, giving you and those children along with sorry boyfriend who won't work but lives with you, etc then maybe some sorry lazy butts would pick strawberries just like my family picked cotton for other folks to make money because no one else paid their bills . Besides, we are not factoring in the extra educational cost for the illegals!
While we r factoring

United States

#15 Aug 5, 2014
Nor are we factoring in the cost for health care in this free-loading country gone amuck!
We aren't living 50-100 years ago, where laziness was the exception to the rule!! Laziness is now the norm, and hard work is something EVERY ONE expects someone else to do!
It is time for 'a person' to wake up and realize we are living in 2014-the time where it is beneficial to be illegal, and an honest, hard working, middle class American is expected to pinch pennies and pay for not only their healthcare and children, but also that of any one and everyone that refuses to become a legal citizen or simply refuses to work.
Stormy

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Aug 5, 2014
Totally agree with last few comments. so why is it our politicians don't get what we want and the numbskull idiot we have for leader just does as he wants! He'll of a democracy!
a person

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Aug 5, 2014
While we r factoring wrote:
Nor are we factoring in the cost for health care in this free-loading country gone amuck!
We aren't living 50-100 years ago, where laziness was the exception to the rule!! Laziness is now the norm, and hard work is something EVERY ONE expects someone else to do!
It is time for 'a person' to wake up and realize we are living in 2014-the time where it is beneficial to be illegal, and an honest, hard working, middle class American is expected to pinch pennies and pay for not only their healthcare and children, but also that of any one and everyone that refuses to become a legal citizen or simply refuses to work.
Every Hispanic immigrant I've ever worked with has always been the hardest worker I've ever met. One of them worked in the dish pit of a restaurant I was at for awhile, and he inspired me to work for what I want. His motto was, "work hard for what you have and then you die." It was a bit excessive and dark, but he worked 7 days a week at two restaurants. This is normal for the Hispanics I know. Their work ethic is so much more than ours on average, so lazy isn't a term that describes them, but us.
a person

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Aug 5, 2014
While we r factoring wrote:
How about reforms to to help all of the millions of people who are on disability who have no disability. I help customers every day who are on disability who walk and talk perfectly fine. THESE are the people who you are supporting with your taxes. Legitimate disability is different, I doubt anyone in America has a problem supporting those who legitimately can't support themselves, but I'm willing to bet that it's only a small percentage that actually needs disability.
While we are factoring

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2014
a person wrote:
<quoted text>
How about reforms to to help all of the millions of people who are on disability who have no disability. I help customers every day who are on disability who walk and talk perfectly fine. THESE are the people who you are supporting with your taxes. Legitimate disability is different, I doubt anyone in America has a problem supporting those who legitimately can't support themselves, but I'm willing to bet that it's only a small percentage that actually needs disability.
And I'm willing to bet that it's only a small percentage of those false disability claims that would be 'draining' our tax dollars compared to what we are speaking about here.
I'm not blind to the fact that there are and always have been those dishonest Americans that 'work' the system.
No one is denying that. Certainly, they would be part of a different problem plaguing America today, and with growing numbers, due to the growing list of entitlements courtesy of our government.

But, I'm also not going to play the blame game with you, because your argument is ridiculous and in vain. Do you watch the national news? Even mainstream media puts the numbers of illegals at hundreds of thousands.
So your small percentage numbers of false disability claims pale in comparison!
Don't insult those of us who struggle with rising health care costs for our families, working two jobs and barely keeping our heads above water, paying a mortgage, a car payment, driving a 12 year old van with over 250,000 miles because 'it's paid for' but knowing we need something newer for safety, yet not being able to afford it, paying almost $5.00 a gallon for milk, paying for college, car insurance for 2 teens, braces,$10 for a couple of pounds of ground beef,$3.30 for a gallon of gas, and the inflated cost of living list goes on and on, while living on no pay increase for over 4 years.

We have laws in place to prevent the utter chaos we see now! We don't need more laws, harsher penalties, bigger jails, etc.
We need leaders that will enforce the law.
a person

Conway, AR

#20 Aug 5, 2014
While we are factoring wrote:
<quoted text>And I'm willing to bet that it's only a small percentage of those false disability claims that would be 'draining' our tax dollars compared to what we are speaking about here.
I'm not blind to the fact that there are and always have been those dishonest Americans that 'work' the system.
No one is denying that. Certainly, they would be part of a different problem plaguing America today, and with growing numbers, due to the growing list of entitlements courtesy of our government.

But, I'm also not going to play the blame game with you, because your argument is ridiculous and in vain. Do you watch the national news? Even mainstream media puts the numbers of illegals at hundreds of thousands.
So your small percentage numbers of false disability claims pale in comparison!
Don't insult those of us who struggle with rising health care costs for our families, working two jobs and barely keeping our heads above water, paying a mortgage, a car payment, driving a 12 year old van with over 250,000 miles because 'it's paid for' but knowing we need something newer for safety, yet not being able to afford it, paying almost $5.00 a gallon for milk, paying for college, car insurance for 2 teens, braces,$10 for a couple of pounds of ground beef,$3.30 for a gallon of gas, and the inflated cost of living list goes on and on, while living on no pay increase for over 4 years.

We have laws in place to prevent the utter chaos we see now! We don't need more laws, harsher penalties, bigger jails, etc.
We need leaders that will enforce the law.
I am in a eerily similar situation you're in, minus the kids, and it's not like I'm for people being illegal and fighting the system, it's just that we make it so difficult to move here that it's drastically easier to live here as illegal than go through the sometimes impossible process of getting papers. We just need an amnesty day for all of the illegals to go sign up to start the process of becoming legal with no penalties, and then they can start paying taxes like we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 min Mobile Bad Dad 41,414
Sherwood Auto Broker 3 hr Guest 1
ugly women 4 hr Jenniy 19
Considering moving to Conway. Any advice? Tue Haha 2
ashlin scott vilonia class of 2009 (May '17) Dec 12 Chanchanman 7
Does any one know a Christopher allen wilson?? Dec 8 Christopher wilson 4
Jeremy Cox Dec 8 Recovery agent 1

Mayflower Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance