hope so

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

I know of a meth addict/alcoholic pregnant.Will her baby be drug tested before leaving hospital?
Well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

hope so wrote:
I know of a meth addict/alcoholic pregnant.Will her baby be drug tested before leaving hospital?
It depends. If the baby starts to develope withdawal symptoms, then the baby will be drug tested. Or you can call the hospital annonymously when this girl gives birth and ask to speak to a social worker or nurse and tell them the situation and they will follow-up.
Goofy

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

This should be made a law to protect the innocent children. If the baby does test positive, then the mother should lose that baby.
Goofy

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

P.S.
The mother should go straight to jail.
Kodiak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

I agree with Goofy 100%!
PhatA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

I agree as well. Poor babies have no choice or say in the matter, yet they bare the consequences of the mothers stupidity!!!
mee 2

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

Goofy wrote:
P.S.
The mother should go straight to jail.
i totally agree. i know a girl that is pregnant as well. who does nothing but pop pills on a daily basis.(narcotics). she claims wont harm her baby but we all know better
awful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

You think that's bad I know a girl that smoked dope the whole time she was pregnant. When the baby was born it had to go to that childrens hospital in Louisville and was there for mths then died. All bc it was a crack baby and had not fully developed. SAD! The Mom should have been threw under the jail for good. But NO now she has 2 more babies luckily they seem healthy.
yep

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

awful wrote:
You think that's bad I know a girl that smoked dope the whole time she was pregnant. When the baby was born it had to go to that childrens hospital in Louisville and was there for mths then died. All bc it was a crack baby and had not fully developed. SAD! The Mom should have been threw under the jail for good. But NO now she has 2 more babies luckily they seem healthy.
thats amanda reed. she comes to mayfield from time to time to snitch on ppl
awful

Wingo, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

yep wrote:
<quoted text> thats amanda reed. she comes to mayfield from time to time to snitch on ppl
No it is not her. But I will not say her name on here. I just wanted to tell the story. Most people will more than likely know who it is about. She is well known around Mayfield and still lives here.
Peace

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

PhatA wrote:
Poor babies have no choice or say in the matter, yet they bare the consequences of the mothers stupidity!!!
This is so true. Ladies, what you ingest, the baby ingests. What you ingest even comes out in your breast milk. You even have to watch what you eat when you breastfeed, because what you eat can give your baby gas. I know from experience because I breastfed and because I read all the literature. If you're drinking or taking drugs, then your baby is drinking and taking drugs too. Don't kid yourself just because you want it for yourself. Think of your child, end of rant.
WarPea

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true. Ladies, what you ingest, the baby ingests. What you ingest even comes out in your breast milk. You even have to watch what you eat when you breastfeed, because what you eat can give your baby gas. I know from experience because I breastfed and because I read all the literature. If you're drinking or taking drugs, then your baby is drinking and taking drugs too. Don't kid yourself just because you want it for yourself. Think of your child, end of rant.
Liberal policies in the congress and media have glamorized drug use and irresponseable behavior. They should drug test all babies . As they should drug test all people who are arrested. They should also drug test all Topix posters ! Especially Peace ! LOL !
Peace

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

WarPea wrote:
<quoted text> Liberal policies in the congress and media have glamorized drug use and irresponseable behavior. They should drug test all babies . As they should drug test all people who are arrested. They should also drug test all Topix posters ! Especially Peace ! LOL !
In all seriousness, I thought that all babies were automatically drug tested upon birth. If they're not, they should be. I had no worries. ;)
Peace

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

Oh! I would willingly submit to a drug test, unless I hook up with Lalaboo. If that happens, the deal is OFF! There's no telling that what that girl and I would get into. Knowing us, it more than likely wouldn't be Right Wing Cooterservative Approved! Put that in your Cooter-pipe and smoke it!
Amazed

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

I think (though I don't know 100%) that all babies are drug tested at birth.
the Dr.'s have to know exactly who/what they are dealing with when they help bring that child into the world and knowing whats in her system is an obvious starting point.
Women who continue to take drugs and drink and smoke during pregnancy are the most selfish, egotistical, and most importantly addicted people on the planet.
Mothers-to-be need to know that there are options available to help with their addiction ESPECIALLY during pregnancy.
I know that the womens addiction therapy centers give priority to pregnant females.
Please mothers-to-be get help. its available.
you aren't just ruining your life now.... you are ruining the life a totally innocent child too.
breastfed

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
I have breastfed my daughter for 16 months now.She is healthy as cab be.My Dr. did tell me that alcohol only stays in the breastmilk for a very short period of time.That as long you dont breastfeed for 6 hours after drinking its ok.Now Idk about anything else.But I do know you can drink & breastfeed.I never have drank anything while breastfeeding though.But Im saying you could IF you wanted to & folowed what your Dr. reccomends.
Peace

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

breastfed wrote:
<quoted text>
I have breastfed my daughter for 16 months now.She is healthy as cab be.My Dr. did tell me that alcohol only stays in the breastmilk for a very short period of time.That as long you dont breastfeed for 6 hours after drinking its ok.Now Idk about anything else.But I do know you can drink & breastfeed.I never have drank anything while breastfeeding though.But Im saying you could IF you wanted to & folowed what your Dr. reccomends.
I have read that too. It's important to pump enough breastmilk to last that duration of time. You have to be careful about switching back and forth too much, though. It can be confusing for the baby. Once used to the breast, some babies reject the bottle. On the flip side, once used to the bottle, some babies then reject the breast. If that occurs, mothers then find themselves having to pump all the time. Having to pump all the time can be inconvenient, make your breasts sore, and takes a lot of extra effort. Personally, I hated pumping, so I didn't do it very often. I guess it depends on how badly a person wants to drink. For me, alcohol wasn't that important to me or worth all that effort.
Peace

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

breastfed wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! I forgot to say Congratulations for taking the breastfeeding route!:) Obviously, I'm a breastfeeding advocate if it's at all possible. Unfortunately, for various reasons, not all women are able to do it, though, even if they really want to do it. Breastfeeding is a blessing for mother and baby.

Since: May 10

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Peace wrote:
Oh! I would willingly submit to a drug test, unless I hook up with Lalaboo. If that happens, the deal is OFF! There's no telling that what that girl and I would get into. Knowing us, it more than likely wouldn't be Right Wing Cooterservative Approved! Put that in your Cooter-pipe and smoke it!
bahahaha! how did i miss this? oh, honey, if we hook up at my house it won't be anything stronger than a little wine and a little more wine and then some more wine. that's another one of my liberal/conservative quirks: i don't care what other people consume, but you betta believe i'll pass every single random, surprise drug test.

i also want to pass kudos on to the breastfeeding mommy. way to go! and don't let anybody give you any lip about feeding in public if that is also your choice. adults don't eat in the bathroom, so if you feel comfortable enough to nurse in public, polite, mature grownups can just look away!
Peace

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

echolalala wrote:
<quoted text>
bahahaha! how did i miss this? oh, honey, if we hook up at my house it won't be anything stronger than a little wine and a little more wine and then some more wine. that's another one of my liberal/conservative quirks: i don't care what other people consume, but you betta believe i'll pass every single random, surprise drug test.
i also want to pass kudos on to the breastfeeding mommy. way to go! and don't let anybody give you any lip about feeding in public if that is also your choice. adults don't eat in the bathroom, so if you feel comfortable enough to nurse in public, polite, mature grownups can just look away!
LOL! I was wondering what took you so long to respond to this. I was teasing. I'm no druggie. A little alcohol is far as I go too. ;) Thanks for telling her about the feeding in public. I completely forgot about that. I fed discretely in public. There's nothing wrong with it; it's completely natural.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Mayfield Forum right now

Search the Mayfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Dodedo 146,344
Andrea Mullins Chester Riley 1 hr curious 1
Homeschool students and sports 2 hr Well 4
Cuba school 2 hr Fidel Castro 13
feral cats 3 hr Why 12
Perkins Motorplex (Apr '11) 5 hr Customer 48
Get this thread to 10,000 posts. (Oct '11) 7 hr oh no no 4,904
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mayfield Jobs

•••