Who is the best vet in mayfield??

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
chickadee4583

Detroit, MI

#1 Mar 25, 2011
Just got a new dog and I want to know who would be best to take him to!
HaleStorm

Benton, KY

#2 Mar 25, 2011
Dr. Fickey @ Bluegrass Animal. They are behind Taco Bell!!
Awesomeness

Mayfield, KY

#3 Mar 25, 2011
Dr.Jackson at Mayfield Animal Hospital by Newwave is by far the best!! Dr. Fickey is terrible!
lovinlife

Earlington, KY

#4 Mar 25, 2011
Dr. Jones is the best!
Bill Kilgore

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 25, 2011
Ficky
Maggies Mom

Paducah, KY

#6 Mar 25, 2011
Been to Ficky & Dr. Jones... Jones is by far the best...
lady

Puryear, TN

#7 Mar 26, 2011
Dr. Fickey
my opinion

Franklin, TN

#8 Mar 26, 2011
I recommend Dr. Jackson. I took my cat to Bluegrass for a full checkup and vaccinations when we first got her (we adopted her from a shelter) and they completely overlooked her having a terrible case of ear mites. We were concerned and took her to Mayfield Animal Hospital and they diagnosed and treated her ear mites and she was so much better off after that!

We continued to frequent Dr. Jackson until we moved. They have always been very helpful!
real thing

Mayfield, KY

#9 Mar 26, 2011
dr jones is great
Suzy

Port Orange, FL

#10 Mar 27, 2011
Dr. Jones & Fickley love both of them!!!
Whatever

Mayfield, KY

#11 Mar 27, 2011
Dr. Jones is good...I personally love Dr. Jackson! I wouldn't take any animal to Bluegrass! They even kill animals that come in for grooming! Honestly, they sedate animals without consent and fail to monitor them. Also, a small dog died because they left it in the dryer too long after grooming! Although Fickey isn't the groomer, he should be able to monitor staff and keep a safe environment for the animals!!
mayfield vet sux

Murray, KY

#12 Mar 27, 2011
I would recommend Dr. Fickey or Dr. Jackson but definetly no one go to Mayfield Vet they r a bunch of pricks that act all christian and do people so wrong!!
HaleStorm

Benton, KY

#13 Mar 28, 2011
Some years ago I took my Spitz to Mayfield vet clinic, she was having seizures and he automatically wanted to put her down, no meds or nothing, just kill her. This dog was everything to me, at that time she was my child... There was no way I was gonna kill my dog. I took her to Dr. Fickey he put her on meds and she went from having seizures daily to maybe 1 a month. Dr. Fickey took great care of my dog. She went 12 more years and I finally had to put her down myself, I did it b/c over the years and as she got older the seizures did get worse, to the point she forgot what she was doing.

The point is Dr. Fickey took the time to asses my dog, he took the time to run test, to come up with plan that was best for her. He even explained to me that Spitz were prone to seizures. The vet at Mayfield Clinic just wanted to kill her...
Terrible

Pflugerville, TX

#14 Mar 28, 2011
I unfortunately did not have as good of an experience with Dr. Fickey. About 10 yrs ago I had a bulldog mix that liked to roll in the cow fields...he got a horrible case of ringworm. Fickey prescribed some spray that made his feet swell and did not help the problem. Then we prescribed a very expensive oral med in what I later found out was way too high of a dose. My dog quickly withered away. It paralyzed some muscles where he didn't have a blink reflex and couldn't bark. We took him in for assessment and he passed away. Sad thing was when we came to pick him up...Fickey took me back to see him and he was halfway hanging out of a pet porter which was way too small for him, his tongue was hanging out, and they hadn't bothered to clean him up...in fact he still had a catheter! It was terrible. I've had a pet pass since at Murray Animal Hosptial and they made sure my dog was cleaned up and put in a box prior to me picking him up.
vicky

Hickory, KY

#15 Mar 30, 2011
is that true about dog dieing at bluegrass?that he was left in dryer too long?how do you know?the reason i want to know is i take my 2 poodles there to be groomed.
prob not

Dunmor, KY

#16 Mar 30, 2011
vicky wrote:
is that true about dog dieing at bluegrass?that he was left in dryer too long?how do you know?the reason i want to know is i take my 2 poodles there to be groomed.
i worked at dr fickeys for a few months as in intern, he helped me out big time... and i did not see ONE OUNCE of foul play going on there. he is a super smart man. all of the animals were treated very well, sanitation procedures were followed, surgery with him was a blast... he is a very knowledgeable man. as far as a dog dying by the dryers, that would not be something he personally was doing, but IF and only if there was an accident with a groomer i can assure you the matter was taken care of. maybe the dryer was found faulty, or the groomer was immediately let go... or whatever the case may be. dr. fickey would not just let something like this go and would do whatever it took to make sure the situation never happened again.
nhjkfahjk

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Mar 30, 2011
Dr. Jackson is a good doctor, he really cares about the animals.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#18 Mar 30, 2011
DR Jackson. Hands Down the most patient and kind vet my animals have ever been to
Whatever

Mayfield, KY

#19 Mar 30, 2011
Vicky, the answer to ur question is right below ur comment...actually an intern for fickey is actually where I heard information of a dog dying at the groomer came from. I didn't hear it straight from the horses mouth, but a very reliable source. I do know for a fact that the groomer sedates dogs without consent. Before I heard about these issues I took my German Shepard there for grooming, just so happened that I talked to my friend a short time after I dropped him off so I was able to call and demand he not be sedated. They explained that they use a small sedative to calm them. I also told them I did not want my dog to b put n the dryer, I'd pick him up wet. To my surprise, I called a few hrs later and they told me he was still n the dryer. I will NOT ever take my dog there again! By reading between the lines of Prob not's comment, appears my statements were facts! By stating IF this happened the matter was taken care of I feel accurate saying incidents like these have happened! Also, fickey may not have been behind it...but he's never shown he is a good vet. Let's his techs do his work. I had a Doberman yrs ago and fickey cropped his ears. Poor dog had his ears tapped for half his life AND fickey left stitches in which were grown deep under skin before we noticed. But thanks to that incident I no long crop my dogs ears! There are several groomers I'd recommend b4 Bluegrass!!
craig

United States

#20 Mar 30, 2011
DR ficky is the best he's the only one ill ever take my pets to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public school or private school 10 min Private 33
John McCain has an agressive brain tumor. 13 min VA for Hero 10
Out with the Skinnys. In with the Phattys 1 hr MerpaDerp 8
Jasmine Seay 5 hr Mrs harding 5
Riddle Mechanical &Plumbing 6 hr Deedee 18
Parents stop blaming others and get a hold on y... 8 hr no no no 7
#pizzagate, #pedogate, child trafficking, satan... 10 hr smdh 20

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance