Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
marie

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2011
Looking for anyone who worked or was living there in 1999, i was there and wanted to reunite with the wonderful people who i met. Thank you
Wow

Murray, KY

#2 Jul 8, 2011
Small world. My aunt used to work there back in the day.
marie

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2011
Wow wrote:
Small world. My aunt used to work there back in the day.
what was her name
JustME

Mayfield, KY

#5 Jul 11, 2011
Cathy Crawford use to work there, and I use to volunteer there in 91-92...hope your life has been a blessing and things have turned out well for you!
marie

United States

#6 Jul 11, 2011
She didnt work there when i was there. Thank you very much. Yes my life has been a blessing the women there helped m.e so much.
rex.

Mayfield, KY

#7 Jul 13, 2011
marie wrote:
She didnt work there when i was there. Thank you very much. Yes my life has been a blessing the women there helped m.e so much.
Yeaaaaaah!!I be been in boarding schools my whole life..good to hear Thad you made it.
Helping heart

Glenview, IL

#8 Apr 30, 2012
What could a local woman do to help a girl in the home get headed in the right direction? Can people "adopt" a certain girl to be an encouragemt to?
Counselor

Paducah, KY

#9 Apr 30, 2012
The group home is now in Murray, and there is a Youth Development Center in Mayfield, for boys. I work for a different center in Paducah, and we do utilize willing volunteers. Children can't get enough encouragement. Stepping up would be a blessing for you and the children both.
believer

Mayfield, KY

#10 May 1, 2012
You will have to do a back ground check in order to be around children. I use to go and exercise, make crafts, cook, just hangout with them. We have a group of boys that come from a group home to church and I love those kids and pray for them dailly. You never know what small kind gesture may make a positive impact on their lives.
Genisis

United States

#11 May 3, 2012
I believe the group home was named genisis. It was out on doublin road or around that area. I was there in 05 06. Melissa was the manager and she was great. I also was in the one cys in murray.
MGGH

Williamsburg, KY

#12 May 3, 2012
Genesis was a different one. MGGH was on Paris Rd. in front of the new Lowes. They finally tore the house down a few years ago. It is in Murray now. I wish them well.
curious

United States

#13 May 3, 2012
I wk at the group home that use to be called mayfield group home. Now, we are in murray and its called murray group home.
Lisa McDowell

United States

#14 Sep 6, 2012
Miss Ms.Lamb, Ms. Patterson &Ms.Elliott.. I was there as a teenager.. Looking for anyone that worked there then or who was in there with me..
Josh

Louisville, KY

#15 Mar 17, 2013
marie wrote:
Looking for anyone who worked or was living there in 1999, i was there and wanted to reunite with the wonderful people who i met. Thank you
I was in boys group home in mayfield in 99 they had girls homes too, can't remember the name of the organization
Elisa

Erlanger, KY

#16 Apr 28, 2013
I was at the Mayfield girls home in 94-95. There was a WONDERFUL group of staff there. Mrs. Hayworth, Mrs. Galbreath, Mrs. Dowdy, Mr. Scott. I wish I could get in touch with them!!
maybe

Madisonville, KY

#17 Apr 28, 2013
I have a dear friend who used to work there Rosemary Sarver
maybe

Madisonville, KY

#18 Apr 28, 2013
Oh and Karen Skaggs
TryinToHelp

Wingo, KY

#19 Apr 30, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in boys group home in mayfield in 99 they had girls homes too, can't remember the name of the organization
Was it Agape...???
Helper

Paducah, KY

#20 May 2, 2013
Agape is an adoption agency ... the Mayfield YDC is in Graves County; New Pathways for Boys is in Melber; New Pathways for Girls is in Reidland. Genesis is in Mayfield, or nearby. Murray Girls Group Home is in Murray. CYS, which I think used to be in Mayfield, is for boys, and is in Murray, towards Puryear.

Its nice to hear that kids who went through a hard time got the help they needed, and look back on the experience fondly.:)
Rosemary Sarver

Murray, KY

#21 May 6, 2013
maybe wrote:
I have a dear friend who used to work there Rosemary Sarver
Hi this is Rosemary--who are you, old friend? You may email me at dxrosemary@charter.net

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Pharm Colter 151,386
suicide 11 min abc123 3
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min Maria 1,836
pray for mayfield police dept....... they need ... 17 min abc123 1
Get this thread to 10,000 posts. (Oct '11) 21 min Wabbit 4,925
pilgrims gossip 21 min curiouswife 3
GCSB approves MAXIMUM tax hike allowed without ... 30 min Hear ye 23
•••
•••
•••

Mayfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000