Carroll Hubbard
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Election 2008

Jamaica, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2008
Why is nobody discussing him and his wife being separated? I heard that they were and nobody has seen her on the campaign trail. Any news?
That Guy

Mayfield, KY

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Nobody cares about the felon ex congressman. I know Carroll he's a nice guy I don't want him anywhere near government, he is not to be trusted.
amazed

Frankfort, KY

#3 Nov 3, 2008
say what you want about Carol Hubbard... yes he is an ex-con.

yes he's kind of goofy.

and no, nobody has seen his wife during this campaign.

that guy did more for the people of Western Kentucky than any congressman since has.... its not even close.

Since: Oct 08

Usa

#4 Nov 4, 2008
That Guy wrote:
Nobody cares about the felon ex congressman. I know Carroll he's a nice guy I don't want him anywhere near government, he is not to be trusted.
i know him pretty good we all make mistakes its just we all dont get caught.
i think hes a good man for the job.
brenda from mayfield

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2008
He paid his debt to society.Get over it.

“Tighten Up Your Smack!”

Since: Sep 08

Huntsville, AL

#6 Nov 4, 2008
Conscious Objector wrote:
<quoted text>i know him pretty good we all make mistakes its just we all dont get caught.
i think hes a good man for the job.
A "mistake" is when you accidentally back your car into your neighbor's trash cans or forget to pay the rent. Stealing taxpayers' money is not a "mistake". And "paying your debt to society" does not mean that you should be placed in a position of trust again. Would you send a child molester to rehab and then place him in charge of Mother Goose?

No, the difference here is that Carroll is likeable. Maybe he sent you a card with a newspaper clipping, or maybe he told you a neat story about your parents from 25 years ago. He does that to everyone... its his M.O. I suppose the point of this rant is that people overlook their usual judgment simply because of an affininty for a person. In reality, most of you would not give a second thought to voting for a convicted felon under normal circumstances.

Nevertheless, it is your right to vote for whomever you choose. And Kentuckians are certainly savvy when it comes to voting. Just look at Paul Patton (nursing home scandal), Steve Henry (Medicare Fraud), and Ernie Fletcher (Merit System indictment). By all means, let's keep electing felons!
reader

Paducah, KY

#7 Nov 4, 2008
I am behind this man 100%. He will help the poor and he is a good man. He paid for what he did and it's over. All that matters is that he does what he should and help the people like he always did in the past.

“Tighten Up Your Smack!”

Huntsville, AL

#8 Nov 4, 2008
reader wrote:
I am behind this man 100%. He will help the poor and he is a good man. He paid for what he did and it's over. All that matters is that he does what he should and help the people like he always did in the past.
And just how do you know that he will help the poor? Because he says he will. The man took an oath of office and stabbed the people in the back by stealing from them. Wearing an orange jumpsuit for a while, using you political clout to get a pardon and your law license re-instated, and apologizing does not all of the sudden make you a good man.

Again, to say that you like Carroll Hubbard in spite of his shortcomings is one thing. To say that he is a good person is just B.S.
reddog65

Calvert City, KY

#9 Nov 4, 2008
_OMG_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how do you know that he will help the poor? Because he says he will. The man took an oath of office and stabbed the people in the back by stealing from them. Wearing an orange jumpsuit for a while, using you political clout to get a pardon and your law license re-instated, and apologizing does not all of the sudden make you a good man.
Again, to say that you like Carroll Hubbard in spite of his shortcomings is one thing. To say that he is a good person is just B.S.
My dad was dying from cancer he was turned down 3 times for disability.We sent all the papper work with a letter to Mr.Hubbard and in 3 months he had it what more can i say.

“Tighten Up Your Smack!”

Huntsville, AL

#10 Nov 4, 2008
reddog65 wrote:
<quoted text>My dad was dying from cancer he was turned down 3 times for disability.We sent all the papper work with a letter to Mr.Hubbard and in 3 months he had it what more can i say.
He did you a favor. That's great to hear, and it certainly was very kind of him. Carroll has done favors for me as well, and I appreciate them. On a personal level, I would be happy to return a favor to him. On a professional level, however, it's hard to reconcile electing a convicted felon.
reddog65

Calvert City, KY

#11 Nov 4, 2008
So what your saying is one strike and your out no second chance to change.

“Tighten Up Your Smack!”

Huntsville, AL

#12 Nov 5, 2008
Second chances and forgiveness are fine in everyday life, but elected officials are held to a higher standard of conduct. The trust of the people is the hands of our public servants. It's a privilege that carries great responsibility. Carroll was well aware of that burden when he was first elected to the state Senate in 1968. Stealing money from taxpayers is unforgiveable in my book.

Hypothetically, what if he had stolen $30 million from Social Security and gambled it away? What if he had sold government secrets to the Russians? Where do you draw the line with forgiveness? I draw the line at felonies. The fact that he was pardoned or served his time makes him no less guilty of betraying the people.

In any event, I do like Carroll and always have. I have no bad feelings toward him personally. In truth, he would have done much more to help Mayfield than Ken Winters. I just refuse to overlook my ethical code simply because I like the guy, or because he would benefit me or my hometown personally.

On another note, it is time for Mayfield to move on. Mayfield needs bright new politicians... someone other than Carroll Hubbard, Dennis Null, and Rick Johnson. New ideas and solutions are the fuel for progress that this town desperately needs.
Proud Democrat

Owensboro, KY

#13 Nov 5, 2008
_OMG_ wrote:
Second chances and forgiveness are fine in everyday life, but elected officials are held to a higher standard of conduct. The trust of the people is the hands of our public servants. It's a privilege that carries great responsibility. Carroll was well aware of that burden when he was first elected to the state Senate in 1968. Stealing money from taxpayers is unforgiveable in my book.
Hypothetically, what if he had stolen $30 million from Social Security and gambled it away? What if he had sold government secrets to the Russians? Where do you draw the line with forgiveness? I draw the line at felonies. The fact that he was pardoned or served his time makes him no less guilty of betraying the people.
In any event, I do like Carroll and always have. I have no bad feelings toward him personally. In truth, he would have done much more to help Mayfield than Ken Winters. I just refuse to overlook my ethical code simply because I like the guy, or because he would benefit me or my hometown personally.
On another note, it is time for Mayfield to move on. Mayfield needs bright new politicians... someone other than Carroll Hubbard, Dennis Null, and Rick Johnson. New ideas and solutions are the fuel for progress that this town desperately needs.
George W. has gotten away with ripping this country off for nearly 8 yrs. No one cared about ethics when he was elected in on his 2nd. term.

This state showed that in yesterday's elections. I think that the only politicial people that this state doesn't care about what they do is the republicans.

I don't don't the whole story behind Hubbard. I do know that he was good at his job when he had it.

I wish Hubbard had won as well as every other democrat that ran for office in this state. For the life of me, I can not understand how a poverty level population can vote for someone who doesn't care if they get ahead in life instead of staying one paycheck behind. The democrats are for the people. The republicans are too but they're for the rich people.

Hubbard should've won & I suggest they do a recount as well as Lunsford. These races were far too close to not double check them.

“Tighten Up Your Smack!”

Huntsville, AL

#14 Nov 5, 2008
Are we a little bitter,Proud Democrat?

Just what did Bush do that was illegal? What felony did he commit? Not agreeing with the President's policies is a little different than outright stealing, don't you think? Hubbard pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 3 years and $150,000 in fines. The fine amount should give you some idea of just how much he stole. He is a criminal.

Don't try to make this a Republican vs. Democrat argument. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, should not have been forced to withdraw from the election upon his conviction as well. A crook is a crook, no whether red or blue.

And you want a recount? Hubbard lost by 8% and Lunsford by 100,000 votes!!! If you want to talk smack, make sure you what you're talking about.

“Tighten Up Your Smack!”

Huntsville, AL

#15 Nov 5, 2008
Are we a little bitter,Proud Democrat?

Just what did Bush do that was illegal? What felony did he commit? Not agreeing with the President's policies is a little different than outright stealing, don't you think? Hubbard pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 3 years and $150,000 in fines. The fine amount should give you some idea of just how much he stole. He is a criminal.

Don't try to make this a a Republican vs. Democrat argument. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, should not have been forced to withdraw from the election upon his conviction as well. A crook is a crook, no whether red or blue.

And you want a recount? Hubbard lost by 8% and Lunsford by 100,000 votes!!! Oh, wait. Let me guess.. this was all some sort of conspiracy by the Republicans, right? Jeez
deb

Nashville, TN

#16 May 11, 2011
amazed wrote:
say what you want about Carol Hubbard... yes he is an ex-con.
yes he's kind of goofy.
and no, nobody has seen his wife during this campaign.
that guy did more for the people of Western Kentucky than any congressman since has.... its not even close.
He can
t be trused with what you tell him about your case.Also,he was with Cindy Tilford at the time of his campaign.Everyone saw them in her lexus during parade.And he is a pervert.
huh

Benton, KY

#17 May 11, 2011
What Laws did Bush break? Well, maybe not any in the books but his actions are more severe and go beyond the breaking of any laws. I know many people who haven't been convicted of any crimes that are absolutely horrible people and would stab you in the back for a buck if they thought they could get away with it. Bush allowed the rich to get richer in this country without any regard to the destruction of the middle class. He also sent soldiers into war based on false information so that corporations could benefit financially.
Dr Pepper

Trenton, TN

#18 May 21, 2011
Proud Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. has gotten away with ripping this country off for nearly 8 yrs. No one cared about ethics when he was elected in on his 2nd. term.
This state showed that in yesterday's elections. I think that the only politicial people that this state doesn't care about what they do is the republicans.
I don't don't the whole story behind Hubbard. I do know that he was good at his job when he had it.
I wish Hubbard had won as well as every other democrat that ran for office in this state. For the life of me, I can not understand how a poverty level population can vote for someone who doesn't care if they get ahead in life instead of staying one paycheck behind. The democrats are for the people. The republicans are too but they're for the rich people.
Hubbard should've won & I suggest they do a recount as well as Lunsford. These races were far too close to not double check them.
The republicans will give you a job. The democrats will give you the shirt off of someone else's back. Of course you want every democrat to win. You've been brainwashed into believing that if you vote democrat that you'll somehow have a government that will take care of you, give you welfare, give you food stamps, etc. But those nasty republicans won't give you a handout. Get up off your dead ass and go to work.

And by the way, don't think for a minute that democrats care about you. They care about how much money they can steal while they're in office.
Banger box

United States

#19 May 22, 2011
Why is he a pervert ?? Also, you say it like its a bad thing !
Politically Incorrect

Mayfield, KY

#20 May 25, 2011
Dr Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans will give you a job. The democrats will give you the shirt off of someone else's back. Of course you want every democrat to win. You've been brainwashed into believing that if you vote democrat that you'll somehow have a government that will take care of you, give you welfare, give you food stamps, etc. But those nasty republicans won't give you a handout. Get up off your dead ass and go to work.
And by the way, don't think for a minute that democrats care about you. They care about how much money they can steal while they're in office.
AMEN!! Enough said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who not to date? 6 min BanjoKazooie 9
Ashley sandifer 20 min bob 18
nikki Clark 26 min jhon 3
Round #1: Trump/Clinton Tonight 8PM... be there! 34 min Give me a break 39
Mayfield cardinals 3 hr peter long prong 1
Tanya Trull 4 hr Smh 24
Is There a Dummer Woman in Mayfield than Ashley... 10 hr duh 16

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance