union yes

Bellevue, WA

#71 Oct 17, 2012
you may not realize this but we arent building tires or toys or anything for the average american consumer we are producing locomotives there are 11 other progress rail plants that are union plants and are succesfully still up and running the majority of the rail industry is union and we lose a lot of work because we arent union so evidentaly you dont have a clue as to what your talking about! and also this petition for a union isnt about wages!
Tired

United States

#72 Oct 17, 2012
The only people at progress that dosent want the union are the ones that r topped out on the pay scale and most of them sit on their fat a$$es and don't do anything so yes I am for the union along with about 150 others so all their Lil talks about making the company better isn't gonna work any more if the union causes it to shut down then it never was a true company to begin with that's y we r all together for voting in the union
Charles

Benton, KY

#74 Oct 17, 2012
Why do you pro union people believe that a union will make that plant better. I've worked in union plants, and they are no better. Normally the are much worse because of all the drama that the union causes. Why would someone pay money out of their paycheck for that?
GetReal

Mayfield, KY

#77 Oct 21, 2012
Dumbass wrote:
Unions had nothin to do with general or Goodyear shittin down! Cheap labor is what shut them down and shipped them overseas! The union made a lot of people a good living around here for yearsand put food in the table! If it wasn't for the union people woulda been workin for $12 dollars and hour! Quit using the union as an excuse! Blame the country for letting these businesses take the work overseas!
Partially right, but don't blame the country, blame the companies. If I started a large company, it is MY company, the government couldnt stop me from moving overseas.
GetReal

Mayfield, KY

#78 Oct 21, 2012
Charles wrote:
Why do you pro union people believe that a union will make that plant better. I've worked in union plants, and they are no better. Normally the are much worse because of all the drama that the union causes. Why would someone pay money out of their paycheck for that?
I agree, maybe the pay would go up for a while, but did people forget about union dues? It stands up for those that are overlooked, but did people forget that it takes care of the guy thats not working too? Stirring up drama is ALL that it's good for.
Anti-Union

Murray, KY

#80 Oct 22, 2012
pro union wrote:
the life span of any plant is around 25 to 30 years which was about general and goodyears life span they will shut the doors if they want union or not the workers there need someone to stand up for them they need to be treated equal they need a retirement and the list goes on and on!
I agree with you 100% that every person needs a retirement, but is that the companies responsibility? Let me make sure I understand you. Let's say you get paid for every single hour you work for 30 years. Plus the week or two vacation that you get paid for each year. Let me also point out, while on vacation you are not doing a single thing to help that company make a dime. On top of that you expect to be paid after you stop working too? Wow, sounds a bit greedy. Why does the company owe you anything after you stop working? Haven't they already paid you for every single hour you have worked. After you have stopped working, what entitles you to anything from the company? If the retirement you refer to is something along the lines of a 401k, anyone can get their own set up. You don't need to have the company do it for you. Do the Unions not understand that a business is there to make money? They don't do it just to make sure you have everything you need in life, that is your responsibility. If the business isn't making money there will not be a business and no employees. Sorry, but I am a business owner (non-union) and it is hard enough to compete now. If I had to pay Union scale, I'd lose 40-50% of business almost immediately just because of the people wanting lower prices. There was a time for Unions but that time is in the past. Maybe there are some business sectors where it is still a need. I haven't seen it, but I never claimed to know everything.
need info

Chicago, IL

#81 Oct 22, 2012
Can anyone tell me anything about Larry Imus Jr? Just some basic info?
1980shovel

Fancy Farm, KY

#83 Oct 23, 2012
we want your vote!!!!!oddly enough the paint shop is getting all the ot we want right now also and the workload is the same as its been for month's. just wondering if this is our lil bribe??? hum???
1980shovel

Fancy Farm, KY

#84 Oct 23, 2012
usw
Hoffa

United States

#85 Oct 23, 2012
USW will disappoint you. I know this for a fact!!!
oh yeah

United States

#86 Oct 23, 2012
Hoffa wrote:
USW will disappoint you. I know this for a fact!!!
Too bad you are going to be the one disappointed, if u don't want to be in a union then I would start searching for another job.We are getting more and more votes each week
unknown

New Caney, TX

#88 Oct 23, 2012
who might that be.
unknown

New Caney, TX

#89 Oct 23, 2012
oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you are going to be the one disappointed, if u don't want to be in a union then I would start searching for another job.We are getting more and more votes each week
you may be the one disappointed when they shut the shop down and your out looking for a job. they have had other shops to try to go union, and the promises they made wasn't good. so go ahead and make their day
Dumbass

United States

#90 Oct 23, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>you may be the one disappointed when they shut the shop down and your out looking for a job. they have had other shops to try to go union, and the promises they made wasn't good. so go ahead and make their day
Mayfield is the only shop they have that's non union! Genius!
Dumbass

United States

#91 Oct 23, 2012
GetReal wrote:
<quoted text>
Partially right, but don't blame the country, blame the companies. If I started a large company, it is MY company, the government couldnt stop me from moving overseas.
Yes before the government could stop the companies from moving! The only thing Clinton done wrong was sign the petition that allowed them to do so! Since he done that that's where there all goin!
unknown

United States

#92 Oct 23, 2012
Dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to do some more research DA
unknown

United States

#93 Oct 23, 2012
Dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes before the government could stop the companies from moving! The only thing Clinton done wrong was sign the petition that allowed them to do so! Since he done that that's where there all goin!
they need to fix the tax system, when they do that the big companies will stay here. it's know different you shopping around for jobs. your looking for more money.
unknown

United States

#94 Oct 23, 2012
Dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>
name the union shops for me
hawkeye

United States

#95 Oct 23, 2012
The Mayfield plant will go Union if management doesnt pull thier heads out of thier a$$. First thing they need to do is some major housekeeping. Start with McNuttless who talks poorly of employees when he thinks theres no one around. and send da mn near every supervisor down the road, and send the plant manager back canada, eh?
Neighbor

Williamsburg, KY

#96 Oct 24, 2012
I live about a mile from progress rail. It's almost 3am, is that where the noise I'm hearing is coming from? It's like I hear a train engine but its always there/not moving!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for her.. 3 hr budrandom 4
where is he 5 hr please 9
"Bill" on topix 7 hr Shner 10
Best Bakery In Mayfield 7 hr PappyJ 5
Judge Debby Crooks (Sep '11) 7 hr BatGirl 77
any single middle age SOBER men at remington 14 hr sarcasm font 4
Murphys 16 hr FYI 2
More from around the web

Mayfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE