Is GRAVES CO high school pushing ho...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
fredrika

Bowling Green, KY

#62 Feb 11, 2013
how awful to teach kids to be tolerable of ppl that are different.lol this back watered dump of a town bible belt my a$$.far from God as ya can get

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#63 Feb 11, 2013
One of the many subjects brought up here; this is for those of you who are misinformed about the history of "one nation under God" in the pledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegi...

Know your history before you go off on some tangent.

Why shouldn't the school teach tolerance? If there weren't so many in this community teaching hate, it wouldn't be necessary. You don't have to like homosexuals, you just have to accept that they are human beings with civil rights.
Parent

New Concord, KY

#66 Feb 11, 2013
Tolerance does not mean mandatory acceptence. They need to monitor the halls better at the school making sure no activity of any kind is going on gay or straight even down to holding hands. they are there to learn and get and education not get a date. It seems the teachers allow anything goes out there like a freaky porn movie from what the RUMOR has it. If the rumors are true then that is wrong to allow at any school function on campus or off. Teenage pregnancy and all kinds of stds are getting uin the way of preparing these young people for college.
knows

Bowling Green, KY

#67 Feb 11, 2013
like it never happened in school 30 yrs ago lol
Maria Wright

Mayfield, KY

#68 Feb 13, 2013
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have taken the concern of a parent and a tax payer way out in left field AND BECAME SO RUDE AND ARROGANT Because I DARE TO ASK THE QUESTION IS THE SCHOOL TRYING TO BE FORCE THIS ON STUDENTS AGAIN FORCE! I can only assume that you are either gay from you defensive and insulting comments or related to someone who is gay, or a liberal and a bully. You never responded to the question of my freedom of speach you were happy to force me to only discuss it at church but no other place. I have read and have been heavily influneced by pastor Rick Warren, Pope Benedict, Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, TD Jakes, Rod Parsley, Mother Theresa aand other extreemly bright and strong leaders in Christianity. Leaders who have along with the bible influenced me to think that HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, CHHRISTIANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEACH, AND FINALLY WE SHOULD lOVE THE PERSON AND HATE THE SIN. ARE THESE PEOPLE BACKWARD? ARE THEY IGNORANT? DO YOU KNOW THE BIBLE BETTER THAN THEY DO? I JUST DO NOT WANT MY CHILD OR ANY CHILD BEING FORCED TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST THERE CORE IDEAS AND I DO NOT WANTY MY TAX PAYER DOLLARS GOING TO THAT. MANY JEHOVAS WITNESS WILL NOT SALUTE THE FLAG DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AT SCHOOL THEY HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO DO THAT. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM SITTING IT OUT BUT THIS IS FOR NOW AT LEAST AMERICA. IF YOU HATE WESTERN KY SO MUCH AND IF WE ARE SO BACK WARD YOU COULD ALWAYS MOVE TO CALIFORNIA OR NEW YORK OR BOSTON THOSE PLACES YOU WOULD FIT IN WELL. I want a direct response this time do you know more than these pastors with there wealth of knowledge on this subject? Do you?
NOBODY has to GIVE you a direct response
MHS 2012

Murray, KY

#69 Feb 14, 2013
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure what you want me to tell you. After having to defend my right to free speach and argue with someone who thinks that they are the smartest person in the room and mostl likely gay and that is why they were offended by the question, someone finally gave me a honest response that I can trust which is they do not force homosexuality on to people as they do not force religion on to people. I can accept that with no problem.
See, that's the thing about you Bible thumpers. You all are quick to think, "Oh, he's gay because he's defending the gays." No. I'm a straight woman, but I've had enough of the 12, 13 year old children committing suicide because you all act like you're high and mighty against them. You all think that something different from yourself is wrong just because a book that has been re-written thousands of times told you so. I'm a Christian myself, but I believe that only one can judge, and that is God himself. Are you God? No. Whether the Bible says it or not, I know that if I condemn and look down upon someone just because of their personal life, I would feel pretty damn lousy. NONE of you are perfect, either, and you cannot sit behind that computer and tell me that you have never sinned. I don't think hate is the intention of God at all. It teaches you to love one another. If someone is gay, so be it. If someone is straight, so be it. Why does it honestly matter to you? Imagine hopelessly falling in loving someone who happens to be the same sex. Nothing you can do about it, and you know that you're going to be bullied for it. These gay children that are committing suicide are more than enough evidence of that. It's sickening how you all are so against homosexuals when they are paying the exact finances that you are to live in this country. Also, even if they are "pushing homosexuals" (which I KNOW they're not), your child - that is in high school - should be old enough and educated enough by now to know who they are and what they prefer. Maybe they're scared to tell you because you're all about the word of God and they're afraid you'd hate them. In fact, I hope your child does end up being gay. Maybe he or she can teach you some things about acceptance.

And don't bother trying to reply. I will not be in this pathetic discussion any longer.
Parent

New Concord, KY

#70 Feb 14, 2013
MHS 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's the thing about you Bible thumpers. You all are quick to think, "Oh, he's gay because he's defending the gays." No. I'm a straight woman, but I've had enough of the 12, 13 year old children committing suicide because you all act like you're high and mighty against them. You all think that something different from yourself is wrong just because a book that has been re-written thousands of times told you so. I'm a Christian myself, but I believe that only one can judge, and that is God himself. Are you God? No. Whether the Bible says it or not, I know that if I condemn and look down upon someone just because of their personal life, I would feel pretty damn lousy. NONE of you are perfect, either, and you cannot sit behind that computer and tell me that you have never sinned. I don't think hate is the intention of God at all. It teaches you to love one another. If someone is gay, so be it. If someone is straight, so be it. Why does it honestly matter to you? Imagine hopelessly falling in loving someone who happens to be the same sex. Nothing you can do about it, and you know that you're going to be bullied for it. These gay children that are committing suicide are more than enough evidence of that. It's sickening how you all are so against homosexuals when they are paying the exact finances that you are to live in this country. Also, even if they are "pushing homosexuals" (which I KNOW they're not), your child - that is in high school - should be old enough and educated enough by now to know who they are and what they prefer. Maybe they're scared to tell you because you're all about the word of God and they're afraid you'd hate them. In fact, I hope your child does end up being gay. Maybe he or she can teach you some things about acceptance.
And don't bother trying to reply. I will not be in this pathetic discussion any longer.
It seems to me you are putting words in this mans mouth. It seems to me that you think that since we are all sinners we can not say anything is still wrong. It seems to me that you would prefer all christians to be killed. You seem to forget that some Christians actually DO LOVE HOMOSEXUALS they are our family they are our friends and while we love them, we did not write the bible but we do believe in it. It does not mean that we want to hunt them down and kill them which you have been brainwashed to believe be your religion which is ultra liberalism.

The tolerance you speak of does not apply to Christians does it? You seem to think all Christians are like the westboro baptist church. Perhaps there would be less suicide in general if we Christians were allowed to give Gods word and love to children in school. You make it sound like gay suicide is and epidemic. Any suicide is wrong whther it is gay or straight. You would like to blame all gay suicide on Christians.

If you are not gay then you have to be a very liberal person in your thinking and or person who does not believe in God. This man seems to not want any sex of any kind going on at any high school function gay or straight and seems to think that acting on gay impulses is a sin. Perhaps if the bible and Christs love was allowed along with some Christian counselors there would be less suicide. until then do not tell me how intolerant a Christian is until you are willing to be tolerant of Christians. It works both ways my agnostic,or liberal or athiest friend.
crazy people

United States

#71 Feb 14, 2013
Religion is the problem and so-called Christians are at the top of this dirt pile... glad I am an atheist and that I don't get caught up in all this religios bullsh*t.
Thats Sad

Pineville, KY

#72 Feb 15, 2013
I go to GCHS. I'M a lesbian. I've never pushed being gay onto anyone. I also didn't choose to be this way. America is the land of dreams...not an island of misfit toys. OH well, if I'm broken for being who I am, that's okay! It has taken me SO MANY years to realize that it is okay for me to be me. I don't hate you for being straight, so don't hate me for being curved? Let's go back to age 5, try the Golden Rule?
Parent

New Concord, KY

#73 Feb 16, 2013
Thats Sad wrote:
I go to GCHS. I'M a lesbian. I've never pushed being gay onto anyone. I also didn't choose to be this way. America is the land of dreams...not an island of misfit toys. OH well, if I'm broken for being who I am, that's okay! It has taken me SO MANY years to realize that it is okay for me to be me. I don't hate you for being straight, so don't hate me for being curved? Let's go back to age 5, try the Golden Rule?
I do not see were anyone on here has said they hate you or homosexual people. I have seen were people do think it is being broken and that they hated the lifestyle not the oreintation or they thoght it was a sin. I have also seen on here were parents do not want there children engaged in any sexual behavior gay or straight at this level. Not one person here hates you. We are all sinners all of us. I will tell you this Jesus loves you inspight of it all he loves you. Some folks disagree with the lifestyle it does not mean they necessarily hate you.
Thats Sad

Pineville, KY

#74 Feb 16, 2013
I'm just saying that Graves County hasn't pushed sex or homosexuality onto anyone. Kids shouldn't be having sex, I'll give you that. But, the ones who are (and believe me they are) should protect themselves. Whether or not you agree with religion...the bible..God or if you are like me and believe that being the best person you an be is good enough...you should try to take people as they are and move on. Religion shouldn't be used as a veil over hatred and atheism shouldn't be used as an excuse for attacking people with views. If you can find a happy medium, I think we will all be okay... Until then, let's love people for who they are on the inside...not their sexual orientation.
noneya

Santa Maria, CA

#75 Feb 16, 2013
Alum wrote:
I'd bet they're not "pushing" it on anyone but rather pushing tolerance of it. You see separation of church and state is what helped lead to the freedom of religion. That's what allows us to choose whatever religion we see fit. Somehow we've gotten away from that because, fundamentalists such as yourself, try to push your beliefs on others. Which is sad because protestant Christians came to this country initially in order to escape being forced into religious beliefs. When you try and force your religious beliefs into governmental issues, you're trying to develop a theocracy. They have lots of those in the middle east. If you want to think homosexuality is "wrong" and an "abomination", that's fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, and in church where they belong. But don't bring those opinions elsewhere and try to deny people rights that every American citizen should have...
I love what you said. A lot of people who has their opinion about GAY this,GAY that and feel that their child is in danger of being TURNED GAY or just simply prayed upon SERIOUSLY does not know nor want to grasp the concept of " separation between church and state; and need to be educated themselves. Wait maybe this hiding UN the CLOSET???? Who knows. Do not judge someone unless you have been in their SHOES.
Parent

New Concord, KY

#77 Feb 16, 2013
To thats sad let me re state something the acting out of homosexuality is the part that is a sin not just having the orientation. The orientation is more of a mental health issue in my book. Its only a sin if you act on it.
Parent

New Concord, KY

#78 Feb 16, 2013
noneya wrote:
<quoted text>
I love what you said. A lot of people who has their opinion about GAY this,GAY that and feel that their child is in danger of being TURNED GAY or just simply prayed upon SERIOUSLY does not know nor want to grasp the concept of " separation between church and state; and need to be educated themselves. Wait maybe this hiding UN the CLOSET???? Who knows. Do not judge someone unless you have been in their SHOES.
Like it or not we judge every day and it is always interesting to me how the folks who are not christians can spout that particular part of the bible quick but they do not beleive in the bible. I am sure that you have made up your mind about who you think I am and because I am against gay marriage but for civil unions you most likely judge me to be a homophobc person. It is the condemnation of others that is wrong not the judging.
Parent

New Concord, KY

#79 Feb 16, 2013
Thats Sad wrote:
I go to GCHS. I'M a lesbian. I've never pushed being gay onto anyone. I also didn't choose to be this way. America is the land of dreams...not an island of misfit toys. OH well, if I'm broken for being who I am, that's okay! It has taken me SO MANY years to realize that it is okay for me to be me. I don't hate you for being straight, so don't hate me for being curved? Let's go back to age 5, try the Golden Rule?
Not trying to pry but At your age I am wondering how can you be so sure that you are gay?
Anon

Louisville, KY

#80 Feb 17, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to pry but At your age I am wondering how can you be so sure that you are gay?
Did you know you were straight in high school?
Parent

New Concord, KY

#81 Feb 17, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know you were straight in high school?
If you are making the implication that we are all born one way or another then yes I knew. Here is the thing that my side and yours will not admit I will here but most on my side will not We have no absolute proof one way or the other on if you are born with it or not. We have some compelling research to back up theclaims on both sides but no proof.
With that said I personally do not think you can say gays are born this way I mena I guess you can but there is no proof postive that it is true there is research to back it up but there is also research to back up that you are not born with it. If researcher is honest on either side of this issue they will tell you there is no 100 percent proof that you are right or that I am. Nore research should be done but it most likely we get squashed due to the PC world that is in my view on the left with propaganda.

This does not mean that Jesus does not love them or you or me. But a sin becomes a sin when acted on. If you think that the bible is the inspired word of God. We all have a sin nature and we are all have sins we struggle with but the key is if acted on. The mental illness thing is seperate. The community there is divided on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
candidate for judge executive 17 min do not think so 24
why 28 min halfway life 10
Rob Kirby... 1 hr also 4
Justice for Jessica (Aug '15) 3 hr good 45
Ram Rod is off is rocker 3 hr good 4
Green eyes 3 hr Nameless 20
Kim koschier 7 hr Josh Notnick 6

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages