|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

dork wrote:
WHY do you call it "judging" when a Christian points out that ACCORDING TO THE HOLY BIBLE something is a sin? It is not like that Christian has the authority to put people in prison for commiting that sin. We are just repeating exactly what the Holy Bible says and people like you are so quick to holler that we are judging. God is the judge and He is the one that is going to punish. But don't expect His followers to just silently go along with all your sin. We are not perfect but a true Christian has been changed and sin is offensive to us. I don't know if you believe in God or not. Honestly, I think you are like a lot of people, I think you have created in your own mind your own god and created in your own mind what your god's rules are so that they go along with how you want to live your life. I think a whole lot of people worship that same god that you do, the "DON'T YOU DARE MENTION SIN OR YOU ARE JUDGING ME" god.
If I had a child who was gay I would love that child just the same or maybe even more than if they were not gay. I would be disappointed but not disappointed in that child, disappointed in the circumstances. But that child would know exactly what the Holy Bible says about homosexuality. And that child would KNOW that God and I would always love them no matter what! I would hope and pray that they did not choose to live out the homosexual lifestyle but even if they did I would still love them just the same. But I would never approve of the lifestyle, because it is a sin against God. Any person in their right mind wants the very best for their child and living a life willfully sinning against God and storing up God's wrath against them is not good to say the least! God is the judge and He will do just that, JUDGE every man, woman, and child and deal out punishment accordingly.
I don't think its a sin to say it's a sin...but (and come on you knew there was a but) it never seems to stop there. It continues into "it's a sin and you are all going to hell for being fags...they should all burn in hell and we should take our country back and send all them freaks who are ______(fill in the blank with gay, black, white, goth, tattooed, bike owners, mexican, gamblers, speaking against a pastor who hurt feelings, stealing someone's man/woman, cheating, etc.) overseas to some foreign country because we shouldn't have to look at them...let's run the out of town and treat them like sh*t" that seems so...I dunno...judgemental.

I'm a Christian, but I adhere to NO religion because its so damn hypocritical in its man-made doctrines and rules. Hell, according to so many fundies, I'm going to hell for having tattoos, the occasional drink, and owning a bike. HOWEVER, nowhere in the bible does it say tattoos are wrong, the occasional drink is wrong, or that owning a bike is a ticket to hell. What it does say is "do not tattoo yourself in memory of the dead" which was a property law in the old testament where it was written and NOT a purity law. It was so others could tell "God's people" from the gentiles who tattooed themselves for the dead they had lost. Since none of my tattoos are in memory of the dead...I'm good according to God. Also says Don't drink in excess, says nothing about in moderation. And as far as a bike...hell motors aren't mentioned at all since they didn't have them back then.

That's the kind of judgemental attitude I think so many get tired of. Especially when so many of us have suffered at the hands of "Christians" who judge, only to find out a few months later, they been screwing the milk man and everyone else.
Mel

Hickory, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

GCHS Grad wrote:
Well to answer the actual question that started this thread.....I graduated from Graves County 3 years ago. While I was enrolled there I never experienced any type of "pressure" to become gay or to accept homosexuality as being OK. However there is a national campaign that is now going on to "stomp out bullying." Perhaps you have seen the commercials? You mentioned being worried about your tax dollars being used to give your children the belief that homosexuality is ok, or even great. This is not the case. The non-bullying seminars or curriculum are solely for the purpose of trying to stop bullying in its tracks. They do not teach acceptance of anything that you as a religious person would condemn. They simply press tolerance. It is all because of the shocking suicide rate among adolescents. So unless you are worried about your children being taught tolerance (which I'm assuming they already have since you have raised them in a Christian home) I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hope this helped.
Thanks That is good to know. I do not want to see anyone bullied. Some areas of the country seem to try to bully christians for there ideas but that does not seem to be the case. Thank you! Tolerance in its true form I am ok with as a parent. I just did not want to see any anti Christian crap slung at my children. GOD BLESS YOU!
Mel

Hickory, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

GCHS Grad wrote:
I hope you weren't referring to me because I think I'm the only person on this whole thread who actually remained ON TOPIC. I believe teaching tolerance and anti-bullying in schools is fine. Honestly it seems to have little success but, it doesn't hurt anything to try. Kids are kids, and kids are mean. I as a Christian believe tolerance is something important to have not only in myself but in all others as well. Just as I should have tolerance for homosexuals, homosexuals should have tolerance for Christians like me, who don't agree with their chosen lifestyle. I do not accept homosexuality but I will not belittle or besmirch the name of a homosexual. I will show them the same respect I would show any other heterosexual peer. This is tolerance. Which again is ALL that is being taught in schools.
Great good to know and I agree with you 100 percent.
Mel

Hickory, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Alum wrote:
"Pastor Rick Warren, Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, TD Jakes, The Pope, Mother Theresa, Doctor James Dobsen are all perveting the word when they think marriage is between a man and a woman along with homosexuality is a sin. Who are you to think you know better than these men and women."
No I don't you folks apparently aren't intelligent enough to understand, so I'll throw some bible verses at you...
"And put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite."- Proverbs 23:2- God considers gluttony a sin, yet we don't try to pass laws to prevent morbid obesity...
"For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.- 1 Corinthians 11:6
"You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord."- Leviticus 19:28
"And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you."- Leviticus 11:7-8
It is clear that you do think you know better than the bible and these individuals above who have a wealth of knowledge and training on the subject. They also have influenced many on the subject as well to think that homosexuality is a sin ans that marriage is between a man and a woman. Pope John Paul called the act a sin and the orientation objectively disordered. You must have studied the bible for a long time and have numerous PHDs on the subject to know more than these women and ment on this topic. They have all taught and beleive that is a sin and that we should loove the person and hate the sin but not excuse the behavior. You are an extra special piece of work to think you know better than these folks and others who teach a traditional view on this subject.
Mel

Hickory, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
My understanding is that the Bible is a handbook on how to live one's OWN life rather than a license to be intolerant.
I mean, the biggest lesson in the New Testament is to love all, all fellow men and women. And several times there is admonishment if one judges others.
So tell me, as is said in the book of James in the New Testament chapter 4, verse 12..."There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?"
See, clearly there and other places there are admonishments against judgement.
Now, either show me where it gives you the right to be judgemental bigots, or bow out.(Instead, I am sure I will be assaulted with ad-hominems)
Many Blessings to all
People make judgements every day about what is wrong and what is correct. You will most lilely judge me as a hypocrite right now becuase I defended the traditional world view on the topic. We can Judge but we just can not condem Is what I thing God is tring to say in the bible. If stating that homosexuality is a sin as the bible states is judging then fine I do not weant anyone ever to judge me eating to many big macs ever. or if I use illegal drugs i do not want to be judged and make sure not one person calls the police since that is judging something wrong.
dork

Batavia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
People make judgements every day about what is wrong and what is correct. You will most lilely judge me as a hypocrite right now becuase I defended the traditional world view on the topic. We can Judge but we just can not condem Is what I thing God is tring to say in the bible. If stating that homosexuality is a sin as the bible states is judging then fine I do not weant anyone ever to judge me eating to many big macs ever. or if I use illegal drugs i do not want to be judged and make sure not one person calls the police since that is judging something wrong.
Mel, I don't guess we should be "judged" if we decide to smack the crap out of somebody either huh? I might grow to like this NO JUDGING ALLOWED world view! LOL
Believer

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

dork wrote:
<quoted text>Mel, I don't guess we should be "judged" if we decide to smack the crap out of somebody either huh? I might grow to like this NO JUDGING ALLOWED world view! LOL
That's real mature. dork
believe a cracker

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

MEL wrote:
As a concerned parent I do not want anything pushed on my child. Is this school pushing this garbage onto children? Are they forcing xhildren to embrace this? If so they need to be reported to the state. ITS WRONG!!!!!!!!!
the government should never push an issue one way or the other! its not the job of the government employed teachers to teach "tolerance" or the bible,just simply educate my child! thats why we have fell way behind other nations in education!
liberal thought is the new religion of today.....if you dont want prayer or the ten commandments,dont push the liberal agenda on my children! how is it any different?
dork

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

believe a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>the government should never push an issue one way or the other! its not the job of the government employed teachers to teach "tolerance" or the bible,just simply educate my child! thats why we have fell way behind other nations in education!
liberal thought is the new religion of today.....if you dont want prayer or the ten commandments,dont push the liberal agenda on my children! how is it any different?
Agreed. I think they should have very strong anti-bullying rules but trying to tell kids that some things are "ok" is wrong. Kids ought to get their education at school and their moral teaching at home - but then again, look at some of the teachers they have at home. A lot of kids don't have a chance. A lot of them learn bullying at home!
dork

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

If I found out that my kid was bullying ANYBODY, ohhh they would be in so much trouble! And if I heard about it again ...poor child. We might have to do something like make a visit to the kids house that they were bullying to apologize to that kid and their parents.
Mel

Hickory, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

dork wrote:
<quoted text>
Mel, I don't guess we should be "judged" if we decide to smack the crap out of somebody either huh? I might grow to like this NO JUDGING ALLOWED world view! LOL
Right we should not. See you cant hold me or you accountable for slapping anyone due to the fact that I have this angry response to know it alls and I am sure you do as well, In my culture you know the angry white male culture who cant jump we were taught that we must slap people who think they are the smartest in the room. I go to a 12 step group for this, slappers anonymous I have had to start out admitting I am poweless over my impulse to slap people who are jerks I think I have seen you at the meetings Dork may I call you dork or Mr Dork. I have had the cops try to arrest me over this but when I tell them about the no Judgements thing and I blame George W Bush they usually tell me they understand. If you get cuahgt in a jam over this Dork and you get a liberal cop just blame Bush then they understand and its all good. GOD BLESS !
dork

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Right we should not. See you cant hold me or you accountable for slapping anyone due to the fact that I have this angry response to know it alls and I am sure you do as well, In my culture you know the angry white male culture who cant jump we were taught that we must slap people who think they are the smartest in the room. I go to a 12 step group for this, slappers anonymous I have had to start out admitting I am poweless over my impulse to slap people who are jerks I think I have seen you at the meetings Dork may I call you dork or Mr Dork. I have had the cops try to arrest me over this but when I tell them about the no Judgements thing and I blame George W Bush they usually tell me they understand. If you get cuahgt in a jam over this Dork and you get a liberal cop just blame Bush then they understand and its all good. GOD BLESS !
Oh yes, thought that was you! You can just call me Dork or Dorkie - that's what my friends and family call me.:) I heard we will be issued a card soon, "Slappers Annonymous"! I can't wait, I'm so excited! Can't wait to use it! LOL See you at the next meeting.

Hahaha too funny!
civilliberty

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong about the country, if you look closely at the constitution and even the American pledge that is recited in schools everyday you'll see that regardless of what the retarded left wing Liberals try to push on us it is still a Christian nation built and started by Christian men this is and forever will be "One Nation under God" Not Allah, Budda, or any other false Idol. This Nation doesn't condemn or suppress anyone from other religions everyone if free to worship who they want but this is still a Christian Nation. However you are right about them teaching and pushing tolerance which is wrong and as far as keeping opinions to one's self we do still have the freedom of speech written into the constitution so everyone if free to express his or her opinion. Youff don't have to like it but you can't change it.

No, this country was based on land acquisition and money.
And Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. You should limit your fox tv time.
Child of God

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Alum wrote:
I'd bet they're not "pushing" it on anyone but rather pushing tolerance of it. You see separation of church and state is what helped lead to the freedom of religion. That's what allows us to choose whatever religion we see fit. Somehow we've gotten away from that because, fundamentalists such as yourself, try to push your beliefs on others. Which is sad because protestant Christians came to this country initially in order to escape being forced into religious beliefs. When you try and force your religious beliefs into governmental issues, you're trying to develop a theocracy. They have lots of those in the middle east. If you want to think homosexuality is "wrong" and an "abomination", that's fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, and in church where they belong. But don't bring those opinions elsewhere and try to deny people rights that every American citizen should have...
first of all the Protestant Christians left due to religious persecution. secondly separation of church and state only means that politics does not make religious decisions and churches do not make political decisions. Thirdly if we had more charge in society the world would not be as messed up as it is now. If everyone would just come together and love God as God loves us and put him back in the schools the politics the United States everything that there is because he owns it all anyway the world would be such a better place to live in.
lol

Piedmont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

Why does everyone keep saying "we need to put God back into schools?" Can someone please explain to my why everyone seems to be under the impression that "God was taken out of schools?" The government said that a teacher cannot force a student to pray. It DIDN'T say that kids cannot pray on their own...and every damn one of ya knows that until tests are taken out of schools there WILL be prayer! Teachers are not allowed to teach/force upon students Biblical teachings...and frankly considering how many different denominations there are I'm glad of it. Can you imagine the complaints the school would get if a Mormon teacher was pushing their belief onto some Catholic kid? Or if some Catholic was teaching wine is okay to some Baptist kid? You know each and every one of ya would be up in arms trying to control which religion was represented!!!

If you want your child to receive a good religious education...I hear Northside is taking applications for students! Or homeschool your kids, that's becoming more and more popular. But seriously, quit complaining about God not being in schools. He is there each and every day, just like satan is sitting in church trying to sway people away.
Snitch

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

MEL wrote:
As a concerned parent I do not want anything pushed on my child. Is this school pushing this garbage onto children? Are they forcing xhildren to embrace this? If so they need to be reported to the state. ITS WRONG!!!!!!!!!
You started the conversation, you tell us!
dork

Sugar Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Child of God wrote:
<quoted text> first of all the Protestant Christians left due to religious persecution. secondly separation of church and state only means that politics does not make religious decisions and churches do not make political decisions. Thirdly if we had more charge in society the world would not be as messed up as it is now. If everyone would just come together and love God as God loves us and put him back in the schools the politics the United States everything that there is because he owns it all anyway the world would be such a better place to live in.
Preach it sister!...or brother!:)
dork

Sugar Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

lol wrote:
Why does everyone keep saying "we need to put God back into schools?" Can someone please explain to my why everyone seems to be under the impression that "God was taken out of schools?" The government said that a teacher cannot force a student to pray. It DIDN'T say that kids cannot pray on their own...and every damn one of ya knows that until tests are taken out of schools there WILL be prayer! Teachers are not allowed to teach/force upon students Biblical teachings...and frankly considering how many different denominations there are I'm glad of it. Can you imagine the complaints the school would get if a Mormon teacher was pushing their belief onto some Catholic kid? Or if some Catholic was teaching wine is okay to some Baptist kid? You know each and every one of ya would be up in arms trying to control which religion was represented!!!
If you want your child to receive a good religious education...I hear Northside is taking applications for students! Or homeschool your kids, that's becoming more and more popular. But seriously, quit complaining about God not being in schools. He is there each and every day, just like satan is sitting in church trying to sway people away.
So true! But I have had university professors tell me to "drop the religion because I was offending people". Also told me I should apologize. HA! They told me I couldn't do that "because of the seperation of church and state". Did I listen? Well shoot no! I went on to do a class presentation tied to the end times, rapture, etc. AND offered free copies of the Jesus film and free bibles AND had some take me up on it. I did several lessons and tied them into Christianity. Funny thing was that ONLY my American professors were "offended", the foreign professors were fine with it and seemed to enjoy it. Those "offended" professors didn't do anything to me except maybe hate me a little, so what!

Mel

Hickory, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Snitch wrote:
<quoted text>You started the conversation, you tell us!
I am not sure what you want me to tell you. After having to defend my right to free speach and argue with someone who thinks that they are the smartest person in the room and mostl likely gay and that is why they were offended by the question, someone finally gave me a honest response that I can trust which is they do not force homosexuality on to people as they do not force religion on to people. I can accept that with no problem.
PsYcHiAtRiSt

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong about the country, if you look closely at the constitution and even the American pledge that is recited in schools everyday you'll see that regardless of what the retarded left wing Liberals try to push on us it is still a Christian nation built and started by Christian men this is and forever will be "One Nation under God" Not Allah, Budda, or any other false Idol. This Nation doesn't condemn or suppress anyone from other religions everyone if free to worship who they want but this is still a Christian Nation. However you are right about them teaching and pushing tolerance which is wrong and as far as keeping opinions to one's self we do still have the freedom of speech written into the constitution so everyone if free to express his or her opinion. You don't have to like it but you can't change it.
allah means god... dumbass...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Mayfield Forum right now

Search the Mayfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Mao-bama Zombies 146,262
joeddie 10 min Jim4998 2
Is that really Josh Jackson's Lil Girl? Nah? 31 min marlas 10
schofield another child 1 hr sorry mf 3
brandis 2 hr SMDH 3
Get this thread to 10,000 posts. (Oct '11) 4 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,902
marshall dowdy 5 hr Anna 1
Misbehaving Teachers 10 hr Please Report This 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mayfield Jobs