Is GRAVES CO high school pushing ho...

Is GRAVES CO high school pushing homosexuality on students?

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MEL

Boaz, KY

#1 Sep 19, 2012
As a concerned parent I do not want anything pushed on my child. Is this school pushing this garbage onto children? Are they forcing xhildren to embrace this? If so they need to be reported to the state. ITS WRONG!!!!!!!!!
Alum

Murray, KY

#2 Sep 20, 2012
I'd bet they're not "pushing" it on anyone but rather pushing tolerance of it. You see separation of church and state is what helped lead to the freedom of religion. That's what allows us to choose whatever religion we see fit. Somehow we've gotten away from that because, fundamentalists such as yourself, try to push your beliefs on others. Which is sad because protestant Christians came to this country initially in order to escape being forced into religious beliefs. When you try and force your religious beliefs into governmental issues, you're trying to develop a theocracy. They have lots of those in the middle east. If you want to think homosexuality is "wrong" and an "abomination", that's fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, and in church where they belong. But don't bring those opinions elsewhere and try to deny people rights that every American citizen should have...
Believer

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Alum wrote:
I'd bet they're not "pushing" it on anyone but rather pushing tolerance of it. You see separation of church and state is what helped lead to the freedom of religion. That's what allows us to choose whatever religion we see fit. Somehow we've gotten away from that because, fundamentalists such as yourself, try to push your beliefs on others. Which is sad because protestant Christians came to this country initially in order to escape being forced into religious beliefs. When you try and force your religious beliefs into governmental issues, you're trying to develop a theocracy. They have lots of those in the middle east. If you want to think homosexuality is "wrong" and an "abomination", that's fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, and in church where they belong. But don't bring those opinions elsewhere and try to deny people rights that every American citizen should have...
Your wrong about the country, if you look closely at the constitution and even the American pledge that is recited in schools everyday you'll see that regardless of what the retarded left wing Liberals try to push on us it is still a Christian nation built and started by Christian men this is and forever will be "One Nation under God" Not Allah, Budda, or any other false Idol. This Nation doesn't condemn or suppress anyone from other religions everyone if free to worship who they want but this is still a Christian Nation. However you are right about them teaching and pushing tolerance which is wrong and as far as keeping opinions to one's self we do still have the freedom of speech written into the constitution so everyone if free to express his or her opinion. You don't have to like it but you can't change it.
Nobama

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2012
We are going to wake up ine day in this country and go "oh crap"....and then its too late to turn it around...even the liberal gay loving christian hating ones will be saying "oh crap"....the ones who curse military involvement in the world will be saying "call out the army"! Protect me! And it will be too late....hook everyone on govt money....tear down the military through sequestration...devalue the dollar....all so Obama can then tell you that the thing that makes the most sense is to let the UN govern us now that we have reached a state where we are too weak to help ourselves get back on our feet...think it cant happen?
Alum

Murray, KY

#5 Sep 20, 2012
"it is still a Christian nation built and started by Christian men"

This is much a "Christian" country as it is a White country. Just because the majority of people are Christian doesn't make the USA a Christian country. Thats like saying we as a country are Democrats, considering by popular vote more people voted Democrat in the last election. No, in reality we are a free country where everyone is allowed to pursue their own idea of religion. Keep in mind Roman Catholic is Christian as well, in fact that's what the earliest settlers in America were escaping. I won't even pick a fight regarding the teachings of the bible itself, even though God speaks of homosexuality in the same light as gluttony, yet you people aren't trying to strip fat asses in this country of their rights as Americans
Alum

Murray, KY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Too many people around here embarrass the Christian faith. People like to pick and chose which parts of the bible are okay to follow. The fact of the matter is the bible is a guide by which to try and live your life. It's not meant to be followed ver batum because much of the bible is based on Jewish law before Christ absolved us of our sins. The bible does not condone homosexuality, but it also denounces, gluttony, trimming of the beard after marriage, wearing clothes of two different materials, eating pork, and on and on and on. So for you fundamentalists who want to follow the bible to the letter, I would say to you there is a small country named Israel who would welcome your ideology...
Alum

Murray, KY

#7 Sep 20, 2012
So if your going to base your beliefs on Jewish law... you should start by condemning: fatasses, any man who has ever shaved, anyone who has purchased store bought clothing, anyone who has ever eaten bacon in their life, any woman/girl who has ever worn makeup in their life (as vanity is also a sin). I would encourage everyone to view the bible as a message on how to better live your life, instead of perverting the word and its message by using it to spread hate
boopappy

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2012
tolerance is bad? God loves all dont tell me youre a christian if you are going to judge someone for being gay. youre a hypocrite if ya do.
Nola

Ashburn, VA

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong about the country, if you look closely at the constitution and even the American pledge that is recited in schools everyday you'll see that regardless of what the retarded left wing Liberals try to push on us it is still a Christian nation built and started by Christian men this is and forever will be "One Nation under God" Not Allah, Budda, or any other false Idol. This Nation doesn't condemn or suppress anyone from other religions everyone if free to worship who they want but this is still a Christian Nation. However you are right about them teaching and pushing tolerance which is wrong and as far as keeping opinions to one's self we do still have the freedom of speech written into the constitution so everyone if free to express his or her opinion. You don't have to like it but you can't change it.
What about how wrong? Does he have a wrong? What does his wrong look like? Do you mean "you're" wrong?
Believer

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2012
As I said everyone is free to their own opinion and beliefs but before you turn this into an attack of religion go back and read the original documents written by the founding fathers of this country I'm not saying they were baptist, catholic, or any other religion but they were bible believing, Jesus Loving, God Trusting, honest men who sought to create a Nation they they could worship God without reproach. They wrote what they believed into every official document Governing this country. Also on the homosexual issue Jesus Loved the sinners but hated the sin they were in. So while I don't hate or even dislike anyone I don't have to accept, approve, or "Tolerate" what they do furthermore your point on the glutton issue I don't think anyone likes being overweight I think the ones that can do something about it work out and take care of themselves but the ones that may have health problems and can't don't.
well

United States

#11 Sep 20, 2012
Naw all fat people have thyroid probs. Just ask them. It has nothing to do with what they eat, the fact they set on their butts all day and don't exercise.oh and eat out every meal. Yep that's healthy to. Bahaha
disgusted

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 20, 2012
I thought this discussion was suppose to be about Graves County High School!? You people need to stick to the topic.
OutofTown

United States

#13 Sep 21, 2012
disgusted wrote:
I thought this discussion was suppose to be about Graves County High School!? You people need to stick to the topic.
any wonder y Ur town is known as Gayfield !!
Toby

United States

#14 Sep 21, 2012
I thought graves was already full of homosexuals? If they are teaching kids not to hate people that are gay then that's ok but if they are trying to help kids become gay then there is a problem. I'm sure its all been taking out of context. Isn't their about 12 gay guys on the football team?
Mel

Boaz, KY

#15 Sep 21, 2012
Alum wrote:
I'd bet they're not "pushing" it on anyone but rather pushing tolerance of it. You see separation of church and state is what helped lead to the freedom of religion. That's what allows us to choose whatever religion we see fit. Somehow we've gotten away from that because, fundamentalists such as yourself, try to push your beliefs on others. Which is sad because protestant Christians came to this country initially in order to escape being forced into religious beliefs. When you try and force your religious beliefs into governmental issues, you're trying to develop a theocracy. They have lots of those in the middle east. If you want to think homosexuality is "wrong" and an "abomination", that's fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, and in church where they belong. But don't bring those opinions elsewhere and try to deny people rights that every American citizen should have...
You have just described yourself if being PC was a religion. You seem to be a bully about my freedome of speach. It s ok to stop me but you can talk about gay pride all day long? That is NOT AMERICA. I can only discuss it in church or keep it to myself?! Arrogant liberal types such as yourself always always think they are the smartest in the room so it will be I am sure impossible to reach a middle ground but I will not keep my thinking to myself which is that It is a sin and ao less than perfect lifestyle. that said I also think we should love the person and hate the sin. When you assume you know what you make youself. I nver said I wanted to ban all children with issues related to homosexuality or take them out and whip them. I am not for that AT ALL What i was concerned about is the school in the name of so called tolorance forcing children to accept the lifestyle. As a parent I would have a problem with that. The country was founded on a Judeo Christian set of ideas and tha tis a fact. Freedom of religion not FROM it is still the standard. With all due respect you will jst have to accept that I am going to discuss my ideas in places besides my church. Just like i will have to accept that about you. If you do not like it well it sux to be you now doesnt it. I for one will not allow a bully dictate to me what I say or do nor will I allow it to happen to my children or grandchildren. For the record I am a Roman Catholic.
Alum

Murray, KY

#16 Sep 21, 2012
"I for one will not allow a bully dictate to me what I say or do nor will I allow it to happen to my children or grandchildren."

There's no bullying going on, if you want to try and teach your children that homosexuality is so much more wrong than any other sin stated in the bible that we choose not to B*tch about all day every day, that's fine, you're welcome to continue many generations of misguided ideology. But your beliefs are just that, your beliefs. I'm not liberal at all, I'm quite conservative. But I don't let my christian beliefs spill into political issues. Homosexuals have the same rights as Americans as we do. If my preacher refuses to allow a homosexual couple to marry in my church, thats fine, I support that. But to deny their rights as Americans is unconstitutional. If they want to go to a courthouse, sign a legal document, and be married in the governments eye, that's fine and they should be able to. Al Qaeda is a good example of a group who tries to suppress basic rights based upon their religious interpretations....
Alum

Murray, KY

#17 Sep 21, 2012
Western Kentucky is a good decade behind most of the rest of the country, so I don't expect you to understand common sense and reasoning. Keep in mind that 40 years ago, the same kind of religious fundamentalists used passages of the bible to claim that black people were inferior to whites and that segregation was a good thing. We now understand how ignorant people like that were. And years from now, history will show how ignorant, backwoods, and misguided people such as yourself really are...
About Time

Madisonville, KY

#18 Sep 21, 2012
Goodness.....too many topics going on here. Where to start....Ok I could care less what sexuality anyone is.....it's not my business nor is it my right to judge and I have 2 kids at GCHS and they have gay friends....and no one is pushing anything on them and my kids are faithfully in the "christian" church....there everytime they are open. I just don't get it how some people point out certain sins as if they are so much worse than the sins they themselves are doing???? Hypocracy is such a poor characteristic of a person. As for religion, if you don't have tolerance for homosexuals, how do you think someone who doesn't believe in God or in a different God has tolerance for you....are you so high and mighty that you feel self entitlement? SHM As for what America is....we are a bit of everything!!!! Bisexuals, gays, straights, whites, blacks, and all in between....every religion and all shapes and sizes....My God accepts us all and created us all.....funny how we are so judgmental of others when, in fact, we all have or sins that we do that we hope others do not know about and bring to the frontline on topix.
dork

Chicago, IL

#19 Sep 21, 2012
Alum wrote:
I'd bet they're not "pushing" it on anyone but rather pushing tolerance of it. You see separation of church and state is what helped lead to the freedom of religion. That's what allows us to choose whatever religion we see fit. Somehow we've gotten away from that because, fundamentalists such as yourself, try to push your beliefs on others. Which is sad because protestant Christians came to this country initially in order to escape being forced into religious beliefs. When you try and force your religious beliefs into governmental issues, you're trying to develop a theocracy. They have lots of those in the middle east. If you want to think homosexuality is "wrong" and an "abomination", that's fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, and in church where they belong. But don't bring those opinions elsewhere and try to deny people rights that every American citizen should have...
Why were you so fast to assume that Mel was a "Christian fundamentalist trying to push his/her beliefs on others"?
Mel

Boaz, KY

#20 Sep 21, 2012
Alum wrote:
Western Kentucky is a good decade behind most of the rest of the country, so I don't expect you to understand common sense and reasoning. Keep in mind that 40 years ago, the same kind of religious fundamentalists used passages of the bible to claim that black people were inferior to whites and that segregation was a good thing. We now understand how ignorant people like that were. And years from now, history will show how ignorant, backwoods, and misguided people such as yourself really are...
Since you have taken the concern of a parent and a tax payer way out in left field AND BECAME SO RUDE AND ARROGANT Because I DARE TO ASK THE QUESTION IS THE SCHOOL TRYING TO BE FORCE THIS ON STUDENTS AGAIN FORCE! I can only assume that you are either gay from you defensive and insulting comments or related to someone who is gay, or a liberal and a bully. You never responded to the question of my freedom of speach you were happy to force me to only discuss it at church but no other place. I have read and have been heavily influneced by pastor Rick Warren, Pope Benedict, Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, TD Jakes, Rod Parsley, Mother Theresa aand other extreemly bright and strong leaders in Christianity. Leaders who have along with the bible influenced me to think that HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, CHHRISTIANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEACH, AND FINALLY WE SHOULD lOVE THE PERSON AND HATE THE SIN. ARE THESE PEOPLE BACKWARD? ARE THEY IGNORANT? DO YOU KNOW THE BIBLE BETTER THAN THEY DO? I JUST DO NOT WANT MY CHILD OR ANY CHILD BEING FORCED TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST THERE CORE IDEAS AND I DO NOT WANTY MY TAX PAYER DOLLARS GOING TO THAT. MANY JEHOVAS WITNESS WILL NOT SALUTE THE FLAG DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AT SCHOOL THEY HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO DO THAT. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM SITTING IT OUT BUT THIS IS FOR NOW AT LEAST AMERICA. IF YOU HATE WESTERN KY SO MUCH AND IF WE ARE SO BACK WARD YOU COULD ALWAYS MOVE TO CALIFORNIA OR NEW YORK OR BOSTON THOSE PLACES YOU WOULD FIT IN WELL. I want a direct response this time do you know more than these pastors with there wealth of knowledge on this subject? Do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook 2 min Curious 4
Those that criticize Christians are the first a... 21 min Nikki 5
So what's up with this new ordinance? 3 hr Sorry to be in Ma... 1
What happened on 9th street 6 hr Truth270 38
Merry Christmas to all my peeps 8 hr Rashid 4
Richard pointdexter 10 hr Sad2017 20
Chrissy Sitchanoff 10 hr Wtf 1

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages