Young girl married old man

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Disgusted gramma

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Last fall my son's 23 year old ex-girlfriend, the mother of my grand child, married a man that is almost 30 years older than she is. They put on the happy little family act but it is really a sex for support arrangement. My book its just prostitution with a marriage license stuck over it.
tbmc40

Trenton, TN

#2 Jan 23, 2013
“You're just jealous."
Disgusted gramma

Hopkinsville, KY

#3 Jan 23, 2013
tbmc40 wrote:
“You're just jealous."
No. I'm disgusted and angry. I know for a fact that money changed hands. He bought her a car and is paying her college tuition. That's not cheap. It was agreed before they got married that he would do that. Her own mother let that slip out.

What is that teaching my grand daughter? If you want something bad enough pick out an old man with money and do what it takes to get him to pay for it.
lol

Tucson, AZ

#4 Jan 23, 2013
You know money changed hands...well hell money changes hands in my home all the time. He works, hands me the money. I suppose I might be headed for hell now for "prostituting" myself. Damn...and all this time I thought it was marraige.
Disgusted gramma

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Jan 23, 2013
lol wrote:
You know money changed hands...well hell money changes hands in my home all the time. He works, hands me the money. I suppose I might be headed for hell now for "prostituting" myself. Damn...and all this time I thought it was marraige.
Its one thing for a man to give his wife money. Thats normal. But were you 23 and tell a 51 year old man in advance "I'll marry you if you pay for this this and this for me?"
pulease

Brownsville, TN

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Theyre married no matter how u put it. They are legal age. That's their marriage arrangement. He agreed so what's the fuss about? I wouldn't have done it but they did
lol

Tucson, AZ

#7 Jan 23, 2013
Disgusted gramma wrote:
<quoted text>
Its one thing for a man to give his wife money. Thats normal. But were you 23 and tell a 51 year old man in advance "I'll marry you if you pay for this this and this for me?"
Actually I'm older than my husband. Who was 23 at the time. And yeah...when we married he understood I will not settle for a man who cannot provide for a family. So in essence I did say, "I'll marry you if you can pay the bills."

Either way, they are married...and it seems happily so, whatever their arrangement. Who cares.

However, I would suggest this...Kentucky does not acknowledge the rights of grandparents. I'm sure the mother will know its her being talked about if she ever comes here...and I think it's safe to say you might have made your opinion clear. Keep in mind if anything happens to your son, or your son does not exercise his visitation rights for whatever reason, the only contact you will have with your grandchild will be by HER good graces. Alienating her is not the way to ensure you will always be allowed in the life of the child. Food for thought.
Geneologist

Paducah, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2013
I've heard of several situations like this. It is really not that unusual. It was common in the past. Nobody thought there was anything wrong with it then. They certainly did not consider it "prostitution".

My great grandfather was 40 and my great grandmother was 17 when they married in 1916. She was an orphan and poor, he was a widower who owned a farm and could support her, and the pastor (and his wife) of the church that they went to played matchmaker. They were married for over 30 years and had five children. He died before I was born but she lived until 1982 and the story was part of the family history that she passed down to the younger generations.
Geneologist

Paducah, KY

#9 Jan 24, 2013
They even had a written agreement. The preacher that did the matchmaking wrote it and they both signed it. It was a family heirloom that stayed folded inside a family bible. I have it. It is straightforward about what he was to do in return for her being his wife. One thing was to support her little brother until he was grown. She was to be "true and diligent in fulfilling the role of a wife."
be happy

Morris, IL

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Disgusted gramma wrote:
Last fall my son's 23 year old ex-girlfriend, the mother of my grand child, married a man that is almost 30 years older than she is. They put on the happy little family act but it is really a sex for support arrangement. My book its just prostitution with a marriage license stuck over it.
If the age difference is the only problem, there is no problem. I think a woman will have much better luck finding a good man if he is older than trying to find a man who will provide among the younger men. I am not talking about you and your son because I don't know you BUT most moms and dads these days are not teaching their sons ANYTHING about being a father or a husband or providing for a wife and kids, and yes that is their duty! Give me an older man any day!(And the same goes for the girls these days. They know NOTHING about raising kids or taking care of a husband, house, or a family budget.)
Goody two shoes

Melber, KY

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Already we know that your son and she have a child together and were not married. How did you feel about that? I drilled my son everytime he left the house, and his friends, too. His friends all got a kick out of it after a while and could quote my "NO drinking, drugging, stealing, smoking, pre-marital sex talk" I am not so naive to think that he didn't do any of these things. But he knew it was unacceptable.
I did it too

Cadiz, KY

#13 Jan 24, 2013
I'm 29 now and my husband is 56. We got married when I was 22 and he was 49. Just like this girl I had a child by a boyfriend that wouldn't marry me and would not have been a good husband or father if he had.

My parents were OK with it. The man I married was one of my father's co-workers. They knew what kind of man he was and encouraged me to marry him.

It wasn't a romance. Not like teenagers anyway. It was planned. And yes there was a prenuptial agreement that covered money.
Disgusted gramma

Paducah, KY

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Goody two shoes wrote:
Already we know that your son and she have a child together and were not married. How did you feel about that? I drilled my son everytime he left the house, and his friends, too. His friends all got a kick out of it after a while and could quote my "NO drinking, drugging, stealing, smoking, pre-marital sex talk" I am not so naive to think that he didn't do any of these things. But he knew it was unacceptable.
That's it. Blame it on my son. What they did was wrong but it has nothing to do with what I'm upset about. Two teenagers did something stupid.

The real point is she took MONEY to marry a man 30 years older than she is.

From the stuff on here I can see why this country is in the mess that its in. Nobody has any sense of morality anymore.
Goody two shoes

Melber, KY

#15 Jan 24, 2013
I have morality. I have raised two children (by myself) with college educations. They are married. At least the older man is looking after your son's ex and your grandchild instead of the government!
lol

Tucson, AZ

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Disgusted gramma wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. Blame it on my son. What they did was wrong but it has nothing to do with what I'm upset about. Two teenagers did something stupid.
The real point is she took MONEY to marry a man 30 years older than she is.
From the stuff on here I can see why this country is in the mess that its in. Nobody has any sense of morality anymore.
And now its the countries fault its in such a mess because we happen to disagree with you, therefore we must be immoral. LMFAO Your logic is so flawed, but really...what can we expect from a woman who has no concept of accountability.
The real point is not that she took money, it's that you don't like her so everything she does will always be seen in the worst light. She did nothing millions of women haven't done for CENTURIES. She married a man who can provide for her and her child. That includes money. Learn how to deal with it. God knows she had to when she had to raise a child alone because some guy knocked her up and didn't marry her, leaving her to be a single mother who had to do it all alone.
Not that she doesn't carry blame too for getting pregnant. But quit acting like your son is some freakin saint and you are the moral compass. You aren't! Your son knocked up a girl, didn't marry her and take care of the child, you are bitching about her all over topix because you don't like her, and you have the nerve to call people immoral because they don't agree with you. I'd say some personal accountability is in order, but I doubt you can or would. At this point, I hope she does not allow you around the grandchild...clearly you would poison the child against his/her mother at this point.
Disgusted gramma

Paducah, KY

#17 Jan 24, 2013
Sure women married out of necessity for centuries. A hundred years ago they took 15 and 16 year old girls out of orphanages, put them on a train, and sent them out to tour the country. Men would come to the train station, pick out the girl that they wanted, and a preacher would marry them. But it was not the same thing as this. Those girls didn't have a choice. A lot of them probably didn't even know what sex was until their husband got them home. In this situation she didn't have to marry. She did it for pay.
Disgusted gramma

Paducah, KY

#18 Jan 24, 2013
And don't attack my son for not supporting his child. He paid child support. When she got married he naturally stopped. Then she had him arrested.
zap

Tucker, GA

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Disgusted gramma wrote:
And don't attack my son for not supporting his child. He paid child support. When she got married he naturally stopped. Then she had him arrested.
Then good for her. There is no excuse for not supporting a child you brought into the world.
Been there

Providence, KY

#20 Jan 24, 2013
zap wrote:
<quoted text>
Then good for her. There is no excuse for not supporting a child you brought into the world.
This woman is nuts but a lot of people think the same way. When I got remarried my first husband thought that he didn't have to pay child support anymore.
be happy

Morris, IL

#21 Jan 24, 2013
Disgusted gramma wrote:
"Naturally"??? You sound like you agree with him not supporting HIS child! A decent mother would have kicked him in his ass and told him that that child was still his and he was going to support it. So now that you are pissed at the mother are you going to abandon your grandchild too??? I have two kids with fathers/father's families like that in my family- totally abandoned by their fathers and father's families. They are pieces of crap (to put it very nicely)! You have NO IDEA how it hurts a child for their father and his whole side of the family to act like they don't exist. Kids are innocent in this kind of crap! CONSIDER THEIR FEELINGS INSTEAD OF YOURS NOW AND THEN! DAMN!

A woman who gets a written agreement concerning financial support is pretty dang wise these days!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The mayor is now made mayfield a skid row bar ... 1 hr Truth 40
erectile dysfunction 2 hr Youguessesit 8
Where's the dominant women ? 2 hr Youguessesit 5
Incest at 228 n 5th st apt. 2 The BALDWIN'S 2 hr TooFunny 4
Good bye Good ridence Remington 14 hr CRY ME A TEAR 1
Chris Elliott (Aug '14) 15 hr Curious in Graves 17
cracker barrel Mayfield 17 hr ranger o1 5

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance