Heritage manor
Mary

Mayfield, KY

#1 Dec 14, 2011
Tonight paper seems like they maybe in trouble with the state.
curious

Louisville, KY

#2 Dec 14, 2011
what happened?
JWC

Trenton, TN

#3 Jan 15, 2012
I hope they do get caught. That is a terrible place to have a loved one or to work. They have their pets. Only nursing home I ever saw that has a legally blind girl working as an aide and she gets paid big bucks for doing much less than any other worker. She's been there for years and has to be led around if outside the facility. She has the building memorized and can fool you but take her outside and someone has to hold her hand or she can't go anywhere.If there was ever a fire she would have to be led out just like one of the patients. She would be useless to help remove patients in danger.
justme

Murray, KY

#4 Jan 15, 2012
A nurses aide getting paid big bucks? There's no such thing!!!
Opposition

Mayfield, KY

#5 Jan 15, 2012
I agree. CNA's don't get paid big bucks. Have you ever heard of The American's With Disabilities Act? Why don't you stomp those sour grapes into a good bottle of wine.
JWC

Trenton, TN

#6 Jan 15, 2012
justme wrote:
A nurses aide getting paid big bucks? There's no such thing!!!
I know what CNA's make. I have seen many pay stubs and the blind one who has been there a number of years gets paid big bucks as compared to most others who do a whole lot more work. Many of my friends are CNA's and several nurses as well. Some of the CNA's do make very good wages. They like to tell you that the wages are based on what Corporate says they have to be but I know for a fact that certain ones have been given hourly wages based on what the administrator wants them to have. Maybe he puts in a special request but it has been done.
JWC

Trenton, TN

#7 Jan 15, 2012
Yes I have looked up and read the American's With Disabilities Act because I wanted to understand how a nursing home could keep an employee hired that can not care for themselves. The girl is a nice girl but when you see her feeding a resident and missing their mouth and sticking her fingers into their mouth to find it then you have to wonder. If a resident asks for something that falls on the floor she will more often than not act like she didn't hear them and run out to get someone to go pick up the item for them or she will use both hands to feel all over the place till she runs into the item. When the State is there for checks she basically tries to stay out of sight in resident rooms and everyone usually covers for her.I still say if there was ever a fire she should be responsible to help with the residents just like everyone else would be expected to do but she can't because she is blind. She feels around for everything and has door knobs and time clock and other things memorized so that her blindness isn't so noticeable. When you talk to her she looks everywhere but at you or either straight ahead.
justme

Murray, KY

#8 Jan 15, 2012
If she were sitting at home getting a disability check, would you be on here griping about that? I know exactly who you are talking about and her residents are taken better care of than some of the sighted cna's. Of course she makes more than some of the others, but she has worked there for years. If you think for a minute she is getting special treatment( in regards to pay), you don't know much about the health care business. They pay no more than the absolutely have to, to anyone!!!
ppp

Cunningham, KY

#9 Jan 16, 2012
dad was there, place stinks, help sucks moved him out.....enough said...
Inquiring Minds

Murray, KY

#10 Jan 16, 2012
I had to do the same with my mother, they wouldn't brush her teeth or clean her wheel chair. They didn't get medical attention for my her until she was dehydrated and septic. When I discussed it with the administrator he didn't want to discuss it. Apparently he doesn't care about their reputation. He told me he thought they gave good care.
paducah pay

Paducah, KY

#11 Dec 5, 2013
Well I have an interview there I was wondering if you can tell me how much they start out at because I love in paducah and Mayfield is a good distance to be going for sucky pay!
i work there

Saint Charles, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2013
JWC wrote:
I hope they do get caught. That is a terrible place to have a loved one or to work. They have their pets. Only nursing home I ever saw that has a legally blind girl working as an aide and she gets paid big bucks for doing much less than any other worker. She's been there for years and has to be led around if outside the facility. She has the building memorized and can fool you but take her outside and someone has to hold her hand or she can't go anywhere.If there was ever a fire she would have to be led out just like one of the patients. She would be useless to help remove patients in danger.
You obviously have no idea what you r talking about. There is non one there like that! Smh
i work there

Saint Charles, KY

#13 Dec 5, 2013
JWC wrote:
<quoted text>I know what CNA's make. I have seen many pay stubs and the blind one who has been there a number of years gets paid big bucks as compared to most others who do a whole lot more work. Many of my friends are CNA's and several nurses as well. Some of the CNA's do make very good wages. They like to tell you that the wages are based on what Corporate says they have to be but I know for a fact that certain ones have been given hourly wages based on what the administrator wants them to have. Maybe he puts in a special request but it has been done.
"He" isn't there anymore. Goes to show you how much you kno
volunteer

Mayfield, KY

#14 Dec 13, 2013
That rest home smell so bad I visit all the res homes. I get sick at my stomach each time I go there.
sad

Greenfield, IN

#15 Dec 13, 2013
volunteer wrote:
That rest home smell so bad I visit all the res homes. I get sick at my stomach each time I go there.
I guess you don't piss or sh**t. Lord not alowed to have air freshener because of residents allergies wtf are we supposed to do?
peace

Sedalia, KY

#16 Dec 13, 2013
volunteer wrote:
Heritage smells less than any nursing home I've ever been in. And most the nurse aides I've dealt with with my mother on day shift are some of the most caring and best nurse aides (as well as nurses) I've ever encountered. My mother has been in and out if there a few times due to dialysis and yes SOMETIMES a hall will smell but to my understanding there are many residents there that have no bladder or bowel control of their own, so it's a given that there will be odor. ALL and I do mean ALL nursing facilities have an odor from time to time. We aren't dealing with a flower shop or something. Like that. It's a long term care facility for crying out loud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you been Bullied ? 2 hr bullies suck 2
425 birch cove apt 3 prostitution ring 2 hr HAHA 4
LGBTQ people are drawn to Satanism 2 hr Sad situation 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr Rattlesnake Pete 959
FREE MASONS and their SATANIC secret society. 3 hr wee wee 13
best fishing spots (Jun '09) 4 hr June bug worm 15
Public school or private school 4 hr Joker 44
gas station on corner of hwy.303 11 hr Injustice101 42

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages